• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 17, 2016, 06:55:06 PM
Several peer reviewed studies have shown that a rise in co2 occurs as temperatures rise. But the rise in co2 trails the warming trend. This is proven in ice core analysis. We have been warming since the end of the little ice age. Mid 1800's and co2 has been rising right behind temperatures. Since the 1900's co2 has been rising quicker than they would have expected. But during this time, much of Europe and the US was deforested and we had two world wars. Then we began to cut down the rain forests. All of this had an effect. There are several ways to counter co2. Plant more trees is one. The sun in entering a solar minimum having just completed a very inactive solar maximum. Mars experienced warming trends just as earth did. We didn't cause that anymore than we caused the end of the little ice age.

Yes, we can cut down on co2, but that is a minor greenhouse gas when compared to methane. Methane and other greenhouse gases are the ones we should be concentrating on.

Carbon cap and trade and carbon credits is a scheme to redistribute wealth. Nothing more and nothing less.

Right, exactly. Thank you. The science makes no fucking sense. If you're really concerned about climate change based on your woo, why are you not freaking out about the Amazon forest burning to the ground and why are you taking my money instead of planting trees? Complete horse shit.

albrecht

Quote from: VoteQuimby on November 17, 2016, 07:02:01 PM
Right, exactly. Thank you. The science makes no fucking sense. If you're really concerned about climate change based on your woo, why are you not freaking out about the Amazon forest burning to the ground and why are you taking my money instead of planting trees? Complete horse shit.
What is more ridiculous is that the focus on the CO2 and the "warming" turns people off and takes attention away from real environmental issues that humans clearly have a big effect on and can fix. Bad forestry, over-fishing, poaching, heavy metal pollution, nuclear safety and disposal, etc. But those don't, necessary, entail a huge paradigm shift in politics and regulation (though there would be some) or, for the most part, would allow financiers to make some money in speculation.

theONE

Quote from: norland2424 on November 17, 2016, 06:58:36 PM
so your saying that carbon credits cant control cow farts and deep ocean methane leaks? i dare say hoagland was right about your shadow government connections!!  ;D

if we can build devices that we can land on other planets /like Mars/ that travel on it surface and transmit pictures for us
I'm sure our engineers can design and build devices to attach to cow's asses and collect their farts and sell it in the same fashion
milk farmers selling milk from cows,

it's just a question where do we put our resources...on Mars or into cow's asses 

GravitySucks

Quote from: theONE on November 17, 2016, 07:32:28 PM
if we can build devices that we can land on other planets /like Mars/ that travel on it surface and transmit pictures for us
I'm sure our engineers can design and build devices to attach to cow's asses and collect their farts and sell it in the same fashion
milk farmers selling milk from cows,

it's just a question where do we put our resources...on Mars or into cow's asses

http://www.mla.com.au/About-MLA/Media-releases/Media-releases/Native-plants-and-red-algae-among-ways-to-substantially-reduce-livestock-methane-emissions

GravitySucks

Quote from: VoteQuimby on November 17, 2016, 07:02:01 PM

You will know that co2 is a real problem when they outlaw carbonated beverages.

WOTR

Quote from: Value Of Pi on November 17, 2016, 01:03:44 AM
Look at the picks so far, all from Trump's inner circle of trust (plus Palin.).
I couldn't resist.

WOTR

Quote from: PrairieGhost on November 17, 2016, 06:30:59 PM
::)

https://twitter.com/lollicakesFL/status/795809101192302592
Bakers should not be forced to bake wedding cakes for gay couples, Starbucks employees should not be forced to serve Late grande's to Trump supporters.   :P

It all comes full circle.

albrecht

Quote from: WOTR on November 17, 2016, 07:48:51 PM
Bakers should not be forced to bake wedding cakes for gay couples, Starbucks employees should not be forced to serve Late grande's to Trump supporters.   :P

It all comes full circle.
Businesses should be allowed to refuse service to anyone they wish (assuming they get no government grant, loan, or funding.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8lMhEB7J7I

Value Of Pi

Quote from: WOTR on November 17, 2016, 07:42:52 PM
I couldn't resist.

No problem since I am tentatively putting you in my own circle of trust (like it or not). It's kind of ironic that the guy least likely to be in Trump's circle of trust is Robert De Niro. And Trump will never get a ride in that fantastic RV, complete with rubberized mammaries he would so enjoy grabbing.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 17, 2016, 11:23:11 AM
Exercise. Its all the rage where obesity isn't the national pastime.

Pretend rage is all the rage around here, and the pretend journalists are eating it up as usual.

theONE

Quote from: albrecht on November 17, 2016, 07:53:37 PM
Businesses should be allowed to refuse service to anyone they wish (assuming they get no government grant, loan, or funding.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8lMhEB7J7I

I totally agree with that statement, or there is freedom in capitalism or there is communist/nazi style dictatorship.
Gay businesses should be able to refuse service to Christians or to Muslims and vice versa...

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 17, 2016, 01:11:39 PM
Hey, you bought Trump promising to make America great again. Everyone has a weakness. Anyone, anyone at all who thinks Trump will put the USA and its people before himself and his family, is profoundly naive. If anyone does benefit, it will a byproduct of him bettering his own position, not because they're prioritised. The vast majority of the population will not be better off. At best they'll stay as they are; at worst, very much worse.

And you know this how?

I doubt it very much, but even if true we'll still be better off than if we'd gotten Hillary.  And if we had gotten her, you wouldn't be posting these posts, so go figure.

Quote from: NowhereInTime on November 17, 2016, 01:26:47 PM
... the things other middle age white guys say to me are appalling. I smile & nod politely sometimes; sometimes I challenge the rhetoric, but it makes me ashamed that people of Scots descent are among the most virulently racist Americans...

I don't believe you.  Most people just don't talk like that anymore. 

You sound like the black, LBGT-whatever, and other students who listen to their evil professors tell them how terrible our country is, then can't wait around to be dissed somehow so they put hate graffiti, nooses, etc, up on their own dorm rooms.

You, and they, are mentally ill - poisoned by the Left-wing fascists.

If by change you aren't lying, you really ought to find better friends.  This tells us more about you than it does about our country.

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on November 17, 2016, 01:53:37 PM
Either way is right.  For example it was the Bush administration who fostered the unmitigated greed that lead to the Enron Scandal.
http://www.economist.com/node/938154

But in Making America Grest Again, one of the main themes of Trump's campaign was the promise to change policy that favors the elite. Yes, I know it's early, but it's not reassuring to hear excited Wall Street bankers lining up with roles in Trump's administration.

Whatever Trump does, you know the Clinton's would be worse.  You know they would have been.

Regulations as a number are neither good nor bad.  More aren't necessarily good, and less aren't necessarily bad (usually just the opposite).  It depends on the regulation.  Some need to be rescinded, others we that we do need and should have weren't implemented. 

That Swaps were out there by the trillion, and anyone could speculate with them was one of the biggest problems of the 2008 meltdown.  But people like Obama and those in the Congress really don't know much other than how to get themselves elected, so nothing was done.  I'd ban the purchase of a Swap unless the person owned the underlying security.  That would be a very useful regulation.

So when specific regulations are rolled back, let's talk about them.  But disagreeing with Trump now because he wants to eliminate red tape?  I don't see the value in that.

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 17, 2016, 01:59:49 PM
... The biggest joke in human history is that no one thought far enough ahead to realize that the ultimate end result of capitalism is communism.

I thought Marx and Engels did?  Didn't they write a book on it?

They know Hilary would have been worse in many ways, especially regarding Wall Street and lobbyists, but they can't admit it because of the big orange boogeyman in the White House.  If he so much as eats a steak the wrong way it will be used as proof that his presidency has already failed.

WOTR

Quote from: Paper*Boy on November 17, 2016, 08:53:10 PM
And you know this how?

I doubt it very much, but even if true we'll still be better off than if we'd gotten Hillary.  And if we had gotten her, you wouldn't be posting these posts, so go figure.

It's true.  If you got Hillary, you would be on the attack for every action she took while YP would be defending.  Roles would simply be reversed.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Paper*Boy on November 17, 2016, 09:11:26 PM
I thought Marx and Engels did?  Didn't they write a book on it?

I just don't think they thought of it in terms of technological obsolescence like SciFi is saying...though it has been years since I've perused the manifesto.

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on November 17, 2016, 02:14:32 PM
The fact that he won the electoral college doesn't change my "excellent analysis". :) I still think he's unfit for POTUS, as was Hillary. You admit to not having "a clue" about the Wall Street bankers' cozy relationship with Trump, but U.S. history has shown us we don't need a clairvoyant to see this will not end well for the average American.

What history are you speaking of?  Can you point to an example of a businessman with no political experience winning the presidency?  If you can, is the sample selection large enough to be statistically relevant?  If so, what was the outcome?

Are you really surprised Wall St and the DC establishment are hanging around, looking for favors?  It doesn't mean he'll cater to them.  Why would he, he isn't one of them?  Are you really surprised the stock market is going up?  All it means is people think business will do better with Trump than it did with Obama and would have done with Hilary.  Do you think they're wrong?  What do you think that will do for job growth?  For pay rates?  For taxes collected?

I think the 8 years of the Clinton Presidency, their time as Arkansas Attorney General and Governor, their greed and corruption since the presidency - that is a bit more predictive of the next four or eight years had the election gone the other way.

We get it.  Trump ran with an (R) after his name, and is therefore baaad, we get it

Donald Noory

Quote from: Paper*Boy on November 17, 2016, 09:07:53 PM
Whatever Trump does, you know the Clinton's would be worse.  You know they would have been.

You'll be breathing toxic air and drinking poisoned water when your new climate changer denier president gets rid of the EPA. But hey, it's better than Hillary!

theONE

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 17, 2016, 07:41:28 PM
http://www.mla.com.au/About-MLA/Media-releases/Media-releases/Native-plants-and-red-algae-among-ways-to-substantially-reduce-livestock-methane-emissions

yes that's one way to reduce CO2 ,I've read about it some time ago,
but this also presents possible bunch of other problems with transferring micro particles of plastic that is apparently now becoming
very abundant in algae to cow's digestive system,
also mass harvesting of that algae will disturb existing eco balance.
I guess mass cultivation would be one possible way to obtain it in large enough quantities to become valid source of food for cows

whoozit

Quote from: Donald Noory on November 17, 2016, 09:22:39 PM
You'll be breathing toxic air and drinking poisoned water when your new climate changer denier president gets rid of the EPA. But hey, it's better than Hillary!

Do you spend your spare time walking around in a sandwich board that says "The end is nigh"? 

norland2424

Quote from: HLF on November 17, 2016, 09:27:01 PM
Sterilize all cows and everyone becomes vegetarian.  Problem solved.  You're welcome.