• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Was Judas Forgiven?

Started by Jojo, January 20, 2018, 01:47:33 AM

Presuming Judas was Repentant, Why Do Some Say He Wasn't Forgiven?

Because all repentant sinners except Judas are forgiven
1 (25%)
Because Jesus only said, "Father, forgive them" about his executioners, not about Judas
0 (0%)
Because betrayals don't qualify for forgiveness
0 (0%)
Because Judas committed suicide
0 (0%)
Because the statute of limitations ran out
1 (25%)
Other (Please post)
0 (0%)
Because betraying someone is worse than killing them
0 (0%)
Because betrayal was a necessary part of the whole process and therefore was not sin
2 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Jojo

Was Judas forgiven?

What do Christian attitudes (and Jesus' supposed attitude) toward Judas teach us about Christian forgiveness and God's forgiveness?

Quote from: Jojo on January 20, 2018, 01:47:33 AM
Was Judas forgiven?

What do Christian attitudes (and Jesus' supposed attitude) toward Judas teach us about Christian forgiveness and God's forgiveness?

ask a Sethian

Judas is apparently a demon now according to the Exorcism of Emily Rose which is based on the exorcism of Anneleise Michel.  Me, I feel a bit sorry for the guy especially if it was preordained.

Juan

The Gospel of Judas says there was no need for forgiveness as he was doing God’s will by putting Jesus on the cross.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Juan on January 20, 2018, 05:00:46 AM
The Gospel of Judas says there was no need for forgiveness as he was doing God’s will by putting Jesus on the cross.

The movie The Last Temptation sort of portrays him this way, played by Harvey Kitel.

Jojo

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 20, 2018, 02:32:37 AM
Judas is apparently a demon now according to the Exorcism of Emily Rose which is based on the exorcism of Anneleise Michel.  Me, I feel a bit sorry for the guy especially if it was preordained.
Wouldn't he be unconscious in the grave until judgement day?  Can a demon possess a soul that hasn't been judged yet?!

Jackstar

Only if Superman and Mighty Mouse battle to a draw first.

Jojo

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on January 20, 2018, 02:23:35 AM
ask a Sethian

I took a look.  Pretty wide topic, not sure I it all the basics.

Quote from: Jojo on January 20, 2018, 11:35:19 AM
Wouldn't he be unconscious in the grave until judgement day?  Can a demon possess a soul that hasn't been judged yet?!

I don't believe in that. Some believe that on judgement day, the bodies in the graves will be resuscitated and renewed and reanimated.  However, what about those Christians that were cremated and had their ashes scattered to the 4 winds?  Jesus never said that we had to be buried in the grave or shut up in a tomb to go to heaven. I have some unorthodox beliefs mixed in with my Christianity.  Like I believe in reincarnation.  Plus too many stories of NDE's where the spirits go to the next plane.    And like I said, we move directly to the next plane after we die.  I'm 99.9% sure of that.  This is just a pit stop in our long journey of learning and understanding.

Jackstar

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 24, 2018, 12:54:01 AM
However, what about those Christians that were cremated and had their ashes scattered to the 4 winds? 

Still, superior to a Clinton presidency.

Jojo

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 24, 2018, 12:54:01 AM
I don't believe in that. Some believe that on judgement day, the bodies in the graves will be resuscitated and renewed and reanimated.  However, what about those Christians that were cremated and had their ashes scattered to the 4 winds?  Jesus never said that we had to be buried in the grave or shut up in a tomb to go to heaven. I have some unorthodox beliefs mixed in with my Christianity.  Like I believe in reincarnation.  Plus too many stories of NDE's where the spirits go to the next plane.    And like I said, we move directly to the next plane after we die.  I'm 99.9% sure of that.  This is just a pit stop in our long journey of learning and understanding.
Well, if God is Good, it should be pretty easy to find scattered molecules and to refurbish them back and then reunite them.  Can't be much easier to take topsoil full of worms to raise a person for the grave (,before embalming was invented).  So when I say "in the grave", I mean spiritually dormant.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jojo on January 29, 2018, 02:30:43 AM
Well, if God is Good, it should be pretty easy to find scattered molecules and to refurbish them back and then reunite them.  Can't be much easier to take topsoil full of worms to raise a person for the grave (,before embalming was invented).  So when I say "in the grave", I mean spiritually dormant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVZP7kJy4yM

Jojo

This author says cremation is not prohibited by Christianity, per the Bible.  Ever since cremating my beloved dog, I have been concerned.  But I had little choice.  I think God can gather and transform each waft, but also the bodies in Heaven are spiritual.

http://www.beliefnet.com/love-family/life-events/what-does-the-bible-say-about-cremation.aspx