• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

Claiming gang affiliation on the way to prison.  Smart move, he'll get extra years, but at least he'll be able to shit while he's in

Juan

Jojo

My elderly cat just LOVES these You Tube cat videos.  Nice to have borrowed a laptop.  She's always been smart, but it is so fun to see her just solidly wrapt in attention!  I have to turn it off or she is up all night with it and tired the next day.

I'm so glad she has this new experience.  Her life has been abnormal for 18 years, as someone declawed her before I adopted her from the shelter.  So, she doesn't integrate well with other cats, and she constantly is watching her back like a rabbit.  I'm lucky she was able to do well with her old brothers (although there was a time when one of them realized she was declawed, and tried to start picking on her).  I've had to sequester her, get her special outdoor kennel, and really protect her for so many years.  I sold her outdoor kennel in 2015.  In 2016 she was confined a lot.  But for the last year, we have had a very well enclosed deck with high walls and a partial roof.

A lot of her fun is in stolen moments, at night when all are asleep, or when everyone leaves.  Otherwise, her walks sometimes get skipped or aborted by lawnmowers, weed whackers, trucks, deliveries, other pets, household drama, pesticide applications, sprinklers, and so on.  At least she tolerates smoke, so I sacrifice and do walk her even when it is smoky out.

So, now she has a harmless source of fun that she loves.  There was one video that loaded without my knowledge that had wild animals dancing crazy which kind of scared her, so now I choose the really long videos.  Finally she gets a big blessing!

ksm32

Had a BBQ planned for tonight, six guests. ...  .. Time passes.. tic tock, tic tock..  Six guests failed to show up, silence in the back yard is deafening. Hmm starting to think I did something wrong. People only show when my wife will be around.

Jackstar

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 02, 2018, 02:19:49 AM
I'm on Israel's side because the moslems are a blight on the planet.

Nice false choice.

ksm32

Quote from: Jackstar on June 08, 2018, 06:06:20 PM
Nice false choice.
You can't use that line in two threads. You know this, Jacko.

Jackstar

Quote from: ksm32 on June 08, 2018, 06:03:57 PM
Hmm starting to think I did something wrong.

Hillary deleted all the invitations.

Quote from: ksm32 on June 08, 2018, 06:09:29 PM
You can't use that

Nice false power. Are you still beating your wife?

Quote from: ksm32 on June 08, 2018, 06:03:57 PM
Had a BBQ planned for tonight, six guests. ...  .. Time passes.. tic tock, tic tock..  Six guests failed to show up, silence in the back yard is deafening. Hmm starting to think I did something wrong. People only show when my wife will be around.

Time to put on some Thorogood and have at it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpzqQst-Sg8

ksm32

Quote from: Jackstar on June 08, 2018, 06:11:33 PM
Hillary deleted all the invitations.

Nice false power. Are you still beating your wife?

LOL  You're my faaaavorite poster.

Jackstar

Quote from: ksm32 on June 08, 2018, 06:38:42 PM
LOL  You're my faaaavorite poster.

I can accept most forms of cryptocurrency, PayPal on alternate Tuesdays, and cured meat pies. Thank you for your fealty.

ksm32

I can pay you in cryptozoology. IT, is on its way.

MV/Liberace!

Tooth brushes labeled "soft" are not soft enough.  Consumers are being given what they want rather than what they need when it comes to toothbrushes.  Most people use a toothbrush that's too stiff because they think it's doing a better job.  Gum damage is the result.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Liberace on June 09, 2018, 05:12:56 AM
Tooth brushes labeled "soft" are not soft enough.  Consumers are being given what they want rather than what they need when it comes to toothbrushes.  Most people use a toothbrush that's too stiff because they think it's doing a better job.  Gum damage is the result.

Yeah but why are most dentists such jerks?!

GravitySucks

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 09, 2018, 06:04:46 AM

They are jonesing for their next nitrous fix.

Besides you would be pissy if you had people’s bad breath in your face at your desk all day.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 09, 2018, 06:08:15 AM
They are jonesing for their next nitrous fix.

Besides you would be pissy if you had people’s bad breath in your face at your desk all day.

Maybe that explains why they commit suicide more than any other profession.

Exile

Easy open wrappers that you can't find the opening to. I hate those damn things.

Jojo

Quote from: Exile on June 09, 2018, 12:48:24 PM
Easy open wrappers that you can't find the opening to. I hate those damn things.
Ditto!
Quote from: Liberace on June 09, 2018, 05:12:56 AM
Can't find one of the natural bristle ones anymore. 
Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 09, 2018, 06:04:46 AM
Amen to that.  Always try to get a left-handed hygienist every few years.  There are places they reach that aren't well reached by right-handed people.  And there is never a place to set your purse.

Regarding one dental situation, three separate dentists gave me three entirely different expensive recommendations for a problem I had.  The problem went away by itself with conservative home treatment.  You know it's a bad field, when the hygienist has to look over her shoulder to make sure the dentist isn't listening before she surreptitiously gives you advice!

Here is an informative book:
https://www.bing.com/search?q=book%3A%20%20uninformed%20consent%20&qs=n&form=QBRE&sp=-1&pq=book%3A%20uninformed%20consent%20&sc=1-25&sk=&cvid=5B951CBFE14E45BEBE50D76F480A2F92

I think oil-pulling is a good thing to do once in a while, and all the time if you have active dental problems.

Dentists have caused me harm several times, and given me lots of bad advice.  But we are indoctrinated to trust them.  If there was something I'd like to do over in life, it would be to carefully retain all lifetime dental visit records, follow the dentists through the years to keep their contact info current, and to take subsequent problems to an attorney or the Attorney General when necessary.

I'm not saying there aren't good dentists.  I think I had one for a while.

Asuka Langley

Quote from: chefist on June 09, 2018, 11:16:48 PM
What is your favorite part of Asia? After your visit? Just curious...

Osaka, the mild winters are nice desu~

Jojo

Quote from: Taaroa on June 10, 2018, 04:23:02 AM
Smokey or smoky?
Thanks!  I learned something...  Webster's says:
SMOKY is most common (for smoky doorways)
SMOKEY is less common.
The name Smokey seems to have the E.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/smoky

Jojo

If you were an onomatopoeia, which would you be?