• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art says GN did the most shameful thing ever last night

Started by VictoriaPandora, September 06, 2013, 07:04:35 AM

I didn't see a thread about this.
Art Bell stated on his facebook page this morning that GN did the most shameful thing he has ever done since being in the chair... last night.

I read through the comments and no one knew what it was because none of them listen to Noory.

This is a burning "tree fell in the forest" issue for me.

Does ANYONE know what George said?

Oh God, please tell me it had nothing to do with Ramona or Arts son. I could forgive anything else I suppose.

I'm dying to know here!

Renaldo

They had John David Oates as a guest last night. That's what it was.

I guess I don't know the background on that. Didn't JDO get all up kn that situation with Arts son?
Clyde just had JDO on the othernight too, I just assumed he had some new c/d's to sell or something.

Thanks for the reply.

Kressida

Art sued Oates and his pal, Robert Stephens, in 1999 for slander. The worst kind of slander.

Read the details of the lawsuit and you'll see why Art is pissed.

http://www.mail-archive.com/ctrl@listserv.aol.com/msg14199.html

(Link from the GNS thread.)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Kressida on September 06, 2013, 07:29:11 AM
Art sued Oates and his pal, Robert Stephens, in 1999 for slander. The worst kind of slander.

Did Bell get his apparent $60 million loss in reputation in the intervening 14 years? 

Sundown

So basically, Art believes 'ol Snoory intentionally invited Oates onto C2C as a way to say "fuck you" to Art and all the hype building up around his return.  The first shot fired in a war of intimations, so to speak.

Question is, was/is that truly George's intention?  Did anyone listen to that show last night?

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Sundown on September 06, 2013, 08:58:24 AM
So basically, Art believes 'ol Snoory intentionally invited Oates onto C2C as a way to say "fuck you" to Art and all the hype building up around his return.  The first shot fired in a war of intimations, so to speak.

Question is, was/is that truly George's intention?  Did anyone listen to that show last night?

Noory is such a buffoon he may not have known what he was doing, but someone on the inside did.  Art has no problem refuting false allegations, but for Noory on the other hand... it is impossible for him to prove that he does not suck.

Apparently Oates filed a $140M countersuit shortly after Art filed his lawsuit. His claims are equally damning, if not more so.

To my knowledge, neither lawsuit has been settled to this day, although, Oates has reached out to Art in attempts to put the whole thing to rest, but it doesn`t appear like it`s going to happen.

*Addendum to above post*

Apparently, Oates` counter-lawsuit was rejected by the court. That leaves us to wonder what happened to the original suit filed by Art and his attorney, Gerard P. Fox.

I read a bit of the background on the entire sordid affair, and I have to say, I feel like  I need a shower.

BattyBrooke

Quote from: Kressida on September 06, 2013, 07:29:11 AM

The above link gives a lead-in to the lawsuit/story and provides a link to the actual complaint but THAT link leads to Art's website and the complaint document/info has been removed so can someone tell me excatly what these guys did to Art? I want my fury to be clear and focused. Thanks!

aldousburbank

I say class action, The Members of the BellGab Forum vs Premiere for stinking up the public airwaves with the smell of dead skunk hairpiece mustache.

BattyBrooke

Here is a link to provide the whole sordid history behind this feud along with links to listen to the actual shows wherein they bash eachother. #TeamArt

Quote from: BattyBrooke on September 06, 2013, 11:47:46 AM
Here is a link to provide the whole sordid history behind this feud along with links to listen to the actual shows wherein they bash eachother. #TeamArt

No Link

BattyBrooke

Please ignore all my previous posts today, including links provided. I am sleep deprived and suffering from the flu so I am not being thorough, to say the least. Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

lnrrgb

Hard to ignore those haunting eyes. But on topic,  I could not resist noting this sentence in that link above,  pointing to that archived explanation of Art's complaint:

' Stephens went on to defame Bell further, claiming that he was involved in various "dark matters" related to "the militia movement." Stephens also claimed that, in general, Bell acts with "dark malice.

So my question is,  is Art's new show's name just another stab in this old wound?

Hmmmmmmm.......

Marc.Knight

Quote from: lnrrgb on September 06, 2013, 12:25:23 PM
Hard to ignore those haunting eyes. But on topic,  I could not resist noting this sentence in that link above,  pointing to that archived explanation of Art's complaint:

' Stephens went on to defame Bell further, claiming that he was involved in various "dark matters" related to "the militia movement." Stephens also claimed that, in general, Bell acts with "dark malice.

So my question is,  is Art's new show's name just another stab in this old wound?

Hmmmmmmm.......

and "dark malice" as opposed to what?... "Bright malice".

mikealden

Quote from: FightTheFuture on September 06, 2013, 10:53:37 AM
*Addendum to above post*

Apparently, Oates` counter-lawsuit was rejected by the court. That leaves us to wonder what happened to the original suit filed by Art and his attorney, Gerard P. Fox.

I read a bit of the background on the entire sordid affair, and I have to say, I feel like  I need a shower.

It is kind of a crazy affair. I read up on it. There was a coast episode where Art and his attorney discussed the lawsuit and took calls. The audio of it isn't floating around on the net but there's an episode of Oates radio show where he took some clips from that show and did reversals, I do have that and it is fairly interesting.

lonevoice

Quote from: BattyBrooke on September 06, 2013, 11:52:25 AM
HERE is the link. *smacks forehead* http://davidoates.tripod.com/index12.html
David John Oates own self-serving website crap is just that.  His countersuit was dismissed.  Art's lawsuit against DJO was settled out of court. 

Another thing not mentioned specifically in Art's complaint is that the fake letter from Art about hating Philippine people that was published in the Philippines originated from a university computer located less than 20 minutes from Oates' home.  The FBI investigated it, but the result was inconclusive as to whether Oates (or his buddies) did or did not send the letter (which included forged headers on an email to make it appear to have been written by Art). 

That all occurred during the same time frame that Oates and friends were stalking, harassing and defaming Art, as detailed in Art's legal complaint.  Draw your own conclusions.   But the result of that letter about the Philippine people led to Art being terrorized in specific and tangible enough ways for the FBI to have become involved, and for Art to spend many night's wide awake, sitting with a shotgun on his lap, prepared to protect himself and his wife from crazed killers. 

Foodlion

Quote from: BattyBrooke on September 06, 2013, 11:52:25 AM
HERE is the link. *smacks forehead* http://davidoates.tripod.com/index12.html
Visited that website years ago, and every single link is broken, even the ones that go to his own website.

lonevoice

Also wanted to add that Oates' friend and co-defendant in Art's lawsuit, Robert A.M. Stephens, was busted and exposed for making false claims that he was a Navy Seal.  That in itself is despicable, and demonstrates his "credibility."   

coaster

Quote from: lonevoice on September 06, 2013, 02:35:25 PM
David John Oates own self-serving website crap is just that.  His countersuit was dismissed.  Art's lawsuit against DJO was settled out of court. 

Another thing not mentioned specifically in Art's complaint is that the fake letter from Art about hating Philippine people that was published in the Philippines originated from a university computer located less than 20 minutes from Oates' home.  The FBI investigated it, but the result was inconclusive as to whether Oates (or his buddies) did or did not send the letter (which included forged headers on an email to make it appear to have been written by Art). 

That all occurred during the same time frame that Oates and friends were stalking, harassing and defaming Art, as detailed in Art's legal complaint.  Draw your own conclusions.   But the result of that letter about the Philippine people led to Art being terrorized in specific and tangible enough ways for the FBI to have become involved, and for Art to spend many night's wide awake, sitting with a shotgun on his lap, prepared to protect himself and his wife from crazed killers.
That is low. Trying to ruin someone's life like that. What a despicable asshat.  Screw Oates, Noory, and Coast.

Premier is a classless piece of shit. I can't wait until Art steamrolls C2C. C2C will be down to 150 affiliates within one year.

I kind of feel sorry for Snorty on this one. I imagine Premier forced him to have this asshole on his show. Typical dirty tricks from corporate America.

ziznak

I tuned in last night around 230 300 i guess.  Oates was playing recordings of children speaking gibberish backwards.  My girlfriend is more than aware of my love for Art and the abomination that is George Noory.  Even she seemed to think that having Oates as a guest is a dick move.  I only explained the back story very briefly to her.

Quote from: lonevoice on September 06, 2013, 02:35:25 PM

Interesting. Do you have any links to provide?

I did a bit of research on this earlier and could find precious few facts. I did learn a few  things that were disturbing to me -- from both parties. 

sillycybe

I seem to recall that art and Oates settled out of court and as part of the settlement Oates appeared on CTC to apologize and retract his claims.

lonevoice

Quote from: FightTheFuture on September 06, 2013, 05:50:31 PM
Interesting. Do you have any links to provide?

I did a bit of research on this earlier and could find precious few facts. I did learn a few  things that were disturbing to me -- from both parties.
Art  has himself now confirmed on facebook that the case was settled out of court.  He says "stay tuned."   I think Noory/PremRat are going to regret what they did last night. 

Renaldo

Quote from: Sundown on September 06, 2013, 08:58:24 AM

It's not that Art believes it, it's that it's true. Oates had been a banned C2C guest. Suddenly appearing out of the blue as an announced guest for no real reason to be there. And they didn't do calls with him, because they knew their lines would've been flooded with Oates haters.