• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Morgus

Noory originally was supposed to retire in Dec 2012...

ItsOver

Quote from: Taco Bell on June 19, 2018, 07:56:59 PM
Can't they just run a soundboard?
If PremRat had any sense, that's what they'd do.  But, they hired Jorch, so obviously they don't.

ShayP

Quote from: Dateline on June 19, 2018, 06:38:32 PM
After all these years, this just occurred to me.  Maybe the contract is extended for so many years, but the PremRats keep an escape clause in the contract that they can choose NOT to renew the contract every six months.  They would review it and make a decision.  That is why a new announcement is issued every six months. 

What Norry is announcing is that they have just decided not to fire him after their six month review.

LOL!  Seems plausible.

Dyna-X

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 19, 2018, 06:26:08 PM
They probably told him it was time for a cut in pay or they were going to replace him with Jimmy Church.
The thought scares me. Hopefully, George will live long enough they will be able to replace him with an AI soundboard.

stargazr1976

Man when i was listening at work and noory asked the dude about an electric car got for miles per gallon it was just so fucking clear. There is dumb and then there is fucking retarded. 8)

Jojo

Quote from: Zetaspeak on June 19, 2018, 04:59:16 PM
https://twitter.com/coasttocoastam/status/1009166439025176576

Is it me or does it seem like this guy announces a contract extension every 6 months?
What about the bankruptcy?

Fourteen

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: stargazr1976 on June 20, 2018, 12:37:00 AM
Man when i was listening at work and noory asked the dude about an electric car got for miles per gallon it was just so fucking clear. There is dumb and then there is fucking retarded. 8)

Classic! What was the guest's response?

Jojo

Jojo

Maybe he was thinking about more pressing matters like all his squeezes  :-* (1:16):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jtb-gy-Edc0

As for the fuel efficiency of electric cars, I guess he was supposed to say MPGe, with an "e" on the end...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miles_per_gallon_gasoline_equivalent  ::)

Fourteen

Father Jack

Cripes! Noory's face looks like an old catcher's mitt.

I listen to Dave Schrader now unless Jorch has a quality guest which is quite rare. So nice listening to a program where you don't want to punch the host in the face every 5 minutes.

Quote from: Father Jack on June 20, 2018, 06:15:57 PM

No wonder he grows a mustache

Quote from: 14 on June 19, 2018, 03:31:19 PM
I honestly don't think we would know the difference.  Because unless a guest is way out of line, he acts supportive of all they say.  His idea of disagreeing on air goes something like:
  "That's the way it usually goes"
  "I've heard that, too"
  "Sometimes that happens"
  "Do you think that's true?" 
  "Let's take some calls"
  "Let's see what (whoever) has to say"

He did say that at live events, he exercises more freedom of expression.

Maybe he equates disagreeing with contentiousness.  That's entirely possible, bec he has said he does not run a contentious show.

Forever Fourteen

It makes me nauseous, as somebody else posted, they could use a Jorch soundboard and nobody would be able to tell the difference. He thinks this is some kind of innovation in radio, a talk show where the host lets the guest drone on about whatever they want, there's no discussion, no inquiry, no controversy, he's a complete cypher. That he can bamboozle the audience into believing he's not just interested in the paranormal, which he isn't, but present himself as a 'researcher' expert enough to be on panels at paranormal conferences is just sad. The entire scene is so worthy of a film by a Robert Altman-esque director or Michael Moore when he was good. The Coast audience and its guests are hostages, Coast by virtue of its legacy remains the only connection to mainstream America for anybody serious about the paranormal and unexplained and it was put into the hands of a friggin ape who's destroyed it.

I can't even imagine being Art Bell having to deal with such a no talent fraud shitting all over a show he created with passion for the subject matter and the art of radio.

Jackstar

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on June 21, 2018, 01:31:46 AM
The Coast audience and its guests are hostages, Coast by virtue of its legacy remains the only connection to mainstream America for anybody serious about the paranormal and unexplained and it was put into the hands of a friggin ape who's destroyed it.

Welcome to twenty years ago. Glad you could make it, you're just in under the wire. Now--who killed Kennedy?

Quote from: Jackstar on June 21, 2018, 01:36:41 AM

Welcome to twenty years ago. Glad you could make it, you're just in under the wire. Now--who killed Kennedy?

Mob and CIA co-production.

Jojo

Quote from: Father Jack on June 20, 2018, 06:15:57 PM

Nothing a little Vitamin C can't fix

Fourteen

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on June 21, 2018, 01:31:46 AM
It makes me nauseous, as somebody else posted, they could use a Jorch soundboard and nobody would be able to tell the difference. He thinks this is some kind of innovation in radio, a talk show where the host lets the guest drone on about whatever they want, there's no discussion, no inquiry, no controversy, he's a complete cypher. That he can bamboozle the audience into believing he's not just interested in the paranormal, which he isn't, but present himself as a 'researcher' expert enough to be on panels at paranormal conferences is just sad. The entire scene is so worthy of a film by a Robert Altman-esque director or Michael Moore when he was good. The Coast audience and its guests are hostages, Coast by virtue of its legacy remains the only connection to mainstream America for anybody serious about the paranormal and unexplained and it was put into the hands of a friggin ape who's destroyed it.

I can't even imagine being Art Bell having to deal with such a no talent fraud shitting all over a show he created with passion for the subject matter and the art of radio.

Where was this post before we voted Noory for Radio Hall of Fame?

ItsOver

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 21, 2018, 05:41:16 AM
Where was this post before we voted Noory for Radio Hall of Fame?
Don't forget the White House.  Jorch in 2020.  "Vote for Jorch and just end it all!"

albrecht

Quote from: 14 on June 20, 2018, 03:20:49 PM
Maybe he was thinking about more pressing matters like all his squeezes  :-* (1:16):

Fourteen
Good Catholic kid Norry who can't talk S-E-X,even very bland, normal stuff, or as related in religious texts on C2C- because it is a 'family show.' Wonder what mommy thinks about his sexual views and claims of dating "lotsa women"? Just pandering to the zeitgeist since he wants to ingrain himself in LA/Hollywood? Regardless of his views, or anyones, the "live and let leave" or "do what you wanna do," "if it feels good do it" is not a Christian, or Catholic or most mainstream religion, or moral philosophical (historically,) doctrines but more of a nebulous new-agey theory. Though he does throw in a "if you are not hurting anyone," so I guess that is his out? Divorces or cheating doesn't hurt people? Diseases can't be spread and doesn't hurt people?....

ShayP

Quote from: albrecht on June 21, 2018, 05:49:46 PM
Good Catholic kid Norry who can't talk S-E-X,even very bland, normal stuff, or as related in religious texts on C2C- because it is a 'family show.' Wonder what mommy thinks about his sexual views and claims of dating "lotsa women"? Just pandering to the zeitgeist since he wants to ingrain himself in LA/Hollywood? Regardless of his views, or anyones, the "live and let leave" or "do what you wanna do," "if it feels good do it" is not a Christian, or Catholic or most mainstream religion, or moral philosophical (historically,) doctrines but more of a nebulous new-agey theory. Though he does throw in a "if you are not hurting anyone," so I guess that is his out? Divorces or cheating doesn't hurt people? Diseases can't be spread and doesn't hurt people?....

Hey man...what does it matter?  He's eligible for the Hall of Fame.

Bahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!  ;D

;)

albrecht

Quote from: ShayP on June 21, 2018, 05:52:52 PM
Hey man...what does it matter?  He's eligible for the Hall of Fame.

Bahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!  ;D

;)
But he really wants a Hollywood Walk of Fame or Emmy or something. A big Hollywood star. Or maybe a five-star Michelin rating on his Marrakesh British-empire themed restaurant. Nobody is even posting shows on youtube or anonymous torrents anymore of the "Hall of Famer" Norry, so I haven't listened in a week.

ShayP

Quote from: albrecht on June 21, 2018, 05:56:58 PM
But he really wants a Hollywood Walk of Fame or Emmy or something. A big Hollywood star. Or maybe a five-star Michelin rating on his Marrakesh British-empire themed restaurant. Nobody is even posting shows on youtube or anonymous torrents anymore of the "Hall of Famer" Norry, so I haven't listened in a week.

You are right!  The Walk of Fame.  LOL!  He does have delusions of grandeur., but he's working on it.  Maybe he should be in a movie.  Why hasn't he been casted?

GravitySucks

Quote from: ShayP on June 21, 2018, 06:04:31 PM
You are right!  The Walk of Fame.  LOL!  He does have delusions of grandeur., but he's working on it.  Maybe he should be in a movie.  Why hasn't he been casted?

Ne never wakes up in time for the casting calls.

Jojo

Quote from: ShayP on June 21, 2018, 06:04:31 PM
He looks like the hotel receptionist in Golden Girls, which my old housemate used to have on all the time.  But I checked and it wasn't him.  I think it would have been the right age though, at the time, for the way the guy looked back then.

Fourteen

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 21, 2018, 06:05:54 PM
Ne never wakes up in time for the casting calls.
He's gotta squeeze all those people he "dates" (1:16) sometime...

Jojo

Quote from: albrecht on June 21, 2018, 05:49:46 PM
Fake poll:  Which would hurt people more:  Divorcing George  :o, Staying married to George  :o, or safe sex :o?

Used to be Fourteen

Dateline

The scuttlebutt is that "lotsa women" is in reality "lotsa drag queens."