• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

Quote from: pyewacket on March 05, 2018, 12:13:52 PM
... As far as listening to a pompous, out of touch, group of narcissists congratulating each other, Candace Owens said it much better than I could...

These are some of the most disgusting and vile people in the world, putting out a considerable amount of filth in their movies, TV shows, music, and video games - and profiting greatly doing so.  They're the ones who gave us the harassments scandal, and it turned out everyone ''there'' knew about much of if for decades. 

Now they've rebranded as crusaders, telling the rest of us what to do.  How about this as a slogan: ''Don't be like us''.

TigerLily

Quote from: pyewacket on March 05, 2018, 12:13:52 PM
I do not watch awards shows and find it hard to find a good movie to recommend these days. Many times I am happy that I did not pay the theater price and had only invested in Netflix.

As far as listening to a pompous, out of touch, group of narcissists congratulating each other, Candace Owens said it much better than I could.

Dear Celebrities: No One Cares What You Think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=174&v=oQQQNx3qthE

Welcome to Bellgab. Post often

Quote from: TigerLily on March 05, 2018, 10:16:47 AM
Your intrepid foreign correspondent from the Left Coast presents her notes from Hollyweird and the 90th Academy Awards Ceremony

Highlights:  Winston and the Fishguy won. Women and diversity celebrated (surprise!). The biggest cheer all night was for Mexico. Eddie Vedder sang Tom Petty. Plenty of mea culpas concerning the Hollywood Industry. Only one man bun sighted. Old ladies rock

It was the 90th Academy Awards and the whole show was a tribute to winners over the past 90 years. Hundreds of classic clips from probably hundreds of movies were shown. For example before each presentation instead of the usual clips showing this year's nominees, a montage of clips from previous winners were shown. And during breaks in the action the orchestra played classic movie songs. Classic movie nuts (guilty) must have loved it

Sample jokes:

The Oscar statue: “He keeps his hands where you can see them. Never says a rude word. And most importantly no penis at all. He’s literally a statue of limitations, and we need more men like that in Hollywood.”

"The Shape of Water": "We will remember this year as the year men screwed up so badly, women started dating fish."

Let's not have THAT again this year:  "This year when you hear your name called, don't get up right away. Give us a minute ... "

Not all about the money: "In fact, of the nine best picture nominees only two made more than $100 million. But that's not the point. We don't make films like 'Call Me By Your Name' for money. We make them to upset Mike Pence."

Eva Marie Saint, still so smart and so beautiful, was 3 or 4 months old when the first Oscars were awarded

Rita Moreno wore the same dress she wore 56 years earlier when she won Best Supporting Actress

Helen Mirren rode off with the winner of "shortest acceptance speech"

And of course plenty of gorgeous women in gorgeous gowns

I enjoyed the show for once.  Outside of the pc stuff, it wasn't very political but I was fortunate to miss the opening monologue.  I really like Guillermo del Toro and he gave a couple nice speeches referencing Douglas Sirk and Frank Capra among others. I was absolutely thrilled that Oldman won.

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 05, 2018, 04:42:00 PM
I enjoyed the show for once.  Outside of the pc stuff, it wasn't very political but I was fortunate to miss the opening monologue.  I really like Guillermo del Toro and he gave a couple nice speeches referencing Douglas Sirk and Frank Capra among others. I was absolutely thrilled that Oldman won.
I never watched Jimmy Kimmels' show and didn't know what Guillermo del Toro looked like. So I was confused why Kimmel was having Guillermo do all these skits. It was pointed out to me that there were two Guillermos there. Some Kimmel sidekick, who was doing the skits/antics, and the director.

Quote from: albrecht on March 05, 2018, 04:54:00 PM
I never watched Jimmy Kimmels' show and didn't know what Guillermo del Toro looked like. So I was confused why Kimmel was having Guillermo do all these skits. It was pointed out to me that there were two Guillermos there. Some Kimmel sidekick, who was doing the skits/antics, and the director.

I'm pretty sure del Toro went over to the Chinese Theater with Kimmel and others in the middle of the show.  Looked like him to me.  I don't know if there was another skit with a fake del Toro as I missed most of the first hour.

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 05, 2018, 05:10:07 PM
I'm pretty sure del Toro went over to the Chinese Theater with Kimmel and others in the middle of the show.  Looked like him to me.  I don't know if there was another skit with a fake del Toro as I missed most of the first hour.
I was told that the Guillermo character is featured on Kimmel regularly and that he was not the director. Two Guillermos. It could be the director went to the theater, I really wasn't paying much attention.

Quote from: albrecht on March 05, 2018, 05:26:58 PM
I was told that the Guillermo character is featured on Kimmel regularly and that he was not the director. Two Guillermos. It could be the director went to the theater, I really wasn't paying much attention.

I make it a point to not watch Kimmel since he went full left on his show.

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 05, 2018, 05:51:02 PM
I make it a point to not watch Kimmel since he went full left on his show.
I never watched. Only semi-watched the Oscars because someone was having a party and so good food and drink. The only movie I saw was "Dunkirk" and had even heard of some of the nominated films.
Here is the other Guillermo. Sort of funny but surprised that Kimmel gets away with it because it could be seen as somewhat racist? But I'm sure Guillermo making lots more $ now so he will play Stepin Fetchit. I guess Guillermo was a parking lot attendant and Kimmel decided to adopt him for his show.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guillermo_Rodriguez_(Jimmy_Kimmel_Live!)

Quote from: albrecht on March 05, 2018, 06:24:11 PM
I never watched. Only semi-watched the Oscars because someone was having a party and so good food and drink. The only movie I saw was "Dunkirk" and had even heard of some of the nominated films.
Here is the other Guillermo. Sort of funny but surprised that Kimmel gets away with it because it could be seen as somewhat racist? But I'm sure Guillermo making lots more $ now so he will play Stepin Fetchit. I guess Guillermo was a parking lot attendant and Kimmel decided to adopt him for his show.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guillermo_Rodriguez_(Jimmy_Kimmel_Live!)

Oh yeah, I've seen that guy.  Pleasant enough fellow.  Kimmel trying to make a point that all immigrants are welcome whether legal or illegal.

I watch the local news on the station Kimmel is on.  Sometimes I've let it stay on through the beginning but now I turn the station or turn the tv off after the news. 

wr250

Quote from: Uncle Duke on March 05, 2018, 11:17:51 AM
Wife asked me to pick up a gallon of distilled water for our iron and floor steamer.  When I couldn't find it in a Family Dollar store, I asked the 20-something woman at the counter if they sold distilled water. "Sure, follow me," she said.  She stopped mid way down an aisle, picked up a bottle of vinegar, and said, "Here you go."  Despite my efforts to convince her vinegar and distilled water were two different products, she insisted they were the same thing.  As I was leaving, I asked her if she drank coffee.  When she said yes, I recommended she make her morning coffee the next day with vinegar to see if they were the same.

instead of distilled water you should of asked for a gallon of dihydrogen monoxide. then point out that vinegar is acetic acid and not dihydrogen monoxide.

Gd5150

Google Earth has located the mysterious hidden Belgab headquarters...

pate

Quote from: TigerLily on March 05, 2018, 01:30:53 PM
Welcome to Bellgab. Post often

You can do better than that!

For Example:

"Who makes PorkLoaf, mine onLee taystee cakes like MEATloaf.... erm,"

Rix Gins

Quote from: Gd5150 on March 06, 2018, 10:25:53 PM
Google Earth has located the mysterious hidden Belgab headquarters...

I spotted Noah's Arc on the other side of the parking lot.

In your medical opinion, what the hell did I just see in this video?

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=uDuMB_1520551228

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on March 08, 2018, 06:10:22 PM
In your medical opinion, what the hell did I just see in this video?

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=uDuMB_1520551228

If it's not some sort of special effect then I don't know. It's definitely not his heart pounding out of his chest but perhaps he has a large cyst or something like that along a major artery that bludges when his heart is really pumping. Pretty gnarly.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 08, 2018, 07:14:07 PM
If it's not some sort of special effect then I don't know. It's definitely not his heart pounding out of his chest but perhaps he has a large cyst or something like that along a major artery that bludges when his heart is really pumping. Pretty gnarly.

Not something one sees everyday is it?   :o

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on March 08, 2018, 07:18:36 PM
Not something one sees everyday is it?   :o
No, and thank you for the link.  >:( Though I should've known from liveleak. I hope it is a special effect because otherwise the guy got an alien in him or some weird problem. If you are skinny you can see heartbeats but not like that! Though I recall one time an electrician who I had seen in a while said he got shocked and they had to put in a pacemaker which he proceeded to show me. The dude was skinny the the pacemaker looked like a pack of cigarettes being held in a shirt front-pocket that was his skin. Could that "thing" be some kind of new pace-maker or even some kind of chemo-pump going haywire?

Quote from: albrecht on March 08, 2018, 07:58:20 PM
No, and thank you for the link.  >:( Though I should've known from liveleak. I hope it is a special effect because otherwise the guy got an alien in him or some weird problem. If you are skinny you can see heartbeats but not like that! Though I recall one time an electrician who I had seen in a while said he got shocked and they had to put in a pacemaker which he proceeded to show me. The dude was skinny the the pacemaker looked like a pack of cigarettes being held in a shirt front-pocket that was his skin. Could that "thing" be some kind of new pace-maker or even some kind of chemo-pump going haywire?

Dunno - that's why I asked the Doc   ;)  It was kind of hard to understand the verbage but it seems he was showing 'it' off for $20?

Banks that are publicly traded corporations don't need to file quarterly and annual reports with the SEC.  Bank holding companies do, but if the organization is structured as just a bank, and no holding company, they don't.

Apparently any information shareholders, investors, and financial analysts are entitled to is in their other regulatory filings.

Juan

My small local airport also serves an island resort. Today, the parking areas are filled with huge corporate jets - dozens of them. The Illuminati must be at work.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Juan on March 09, 2018, 12:34:33 PM
My small local airport also serves an island resort. Today, the parking areas are filled with huge corporate jets - dozens of them. The Illuminati must be at work.

I'll wave to you as we fly over.

Juan

Quote from: aldousburbank on March 09, 2018, 01:16:32 PM
I'll wave to you as we fly over.
Come on down. We have nice beaches for hippie sunbathing.

ShayP

A cucumber does taste better pickled.   I love pickles.  And most things pickled.  Except for weird stuff.  Ya know.

GravitySucks

Quote from: ShayP on March 10, 2018, 10:22:22 PM
A cucumber does taste better pickled.   I love pickles.  And most things pickled.  Except for weird stuff.  Ya know.

Pickled twinkies would probably suck (and be redundant)

albrecht

Quote from: ShayP on March 10, 2018, 10:22:22 PM
This was mentioned before by me and Jackstar, I think, found some weird medical story about it. But I like pickles BUT if I eat cucumbers, even mixed in a salad or sub sandwich with lots of other stuff, I can "taste" the cumcumbers for many hours afterwards and not in a good way. Don't get sick or allergy but if I burb or whatever I taste the cucumber. Not good.

ShayP

Quote from: albrecht on March 10, 2018, 11:12:09 PM
This was mentioned before by me and Jackstar, I think, found some weird medical story about it. But I like pickles BUT if I eat cucumbers, even mixed in a salad or sub sandwich with lots of other stuff, I can "taste" the cumcumbers for many hours afterwards and not in a good way. Don't get sick or allergy but if I burb or whatever I taste the cucumber. Not good.

Hmmm.  I missed that.  Don't drink that new fangled cucumber water that's out there (yes, it's a thing).

albrecht

Quote from: ShayP on March 10, 2018, 11:19:47 PM
Hmmm.  I missed that.  Don't drink that new fangled cucumber water that's out there (yes, it's a thing).
Nasty. Now pickle juice and even sauerkraut juice (both a thing) I can handle but yuck on cucumber juice or cucumbers:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TAS2R38
https://hubpages.com/food/i-hate-cucumbers

ShayP

Quote from: albrecht on March 10, 2018, 11:23:15 PM
Nasty. Now pickle juice and even sauerkraut juice (both a thing) I can handle but yuck on cucumber juice or cucumbers:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TAS2R38
https://hubpages.com/food/i-hate-cucumbers

I can eat cucumbers aside from pickled.  Typically mixed with sour cream and onions, etc.  My grandmother made a cucumber salad that was good.  Old German thing I think.  Cucumbers on their on almost have an almost astringent quality to them. Not sure.  Not appetizing nonetheless.

albrecht

Quote from: ShayP on March 10, 2018, 11:28:41 PM
I can eat cucumbers aside from pickled.  Typically mixed with sour cream and onions, etc.  My grandmother made a cucumber salad that was good.  Old German thing I think.  Cucumbers on their on almost have an almost astringent quality to them. Not sure.  Not appetizing nonetheless.
One main reason to be suspect of the English, cucumber sammiches.