Kingdom of Nye With Heather Wade

Started by SergeantMajor, June 05, 2018, 03:38:31 PM

Should this thread be stickied?

No
Yes

Voting closes: November 02, 2045, 02:04:40 AM

Ghost

Quote from: Bart Ell on June 19, 2018, 12:09:36 PM
No, not Ross but you never know what the future holds.
I offered Dave 6 Bartcoins to cut a few but he wanted 12 Bartcoins so I told him to pound sand!

I am open to George Noory lending his voice to KONR, though.

Oooow, I’d send in my $4.99 a month to hear Dave Snoory liners! Get him and Ross and you’ll have #Classic Legacy.

Ghost

Quote from: Bart Ell on June 19, 2018, 12:51:29 PM
https://twitter.com/bart_ell/status/1009146493767487488

Notice he refers to himself as an EX lawyer! Was he debarred? Or did he just suck at his job!

Excellent job Bart Ell for calling out this vulture!

Taco Bell

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 19, 2018, 12:19:49 PM
Listening to Heater, she projects the attitude that she's something special in the radio world.  Confidence is one thing, arrogance is another. 

Then there's misplaced arrogance.  It's an odd feeling listening to someone with complete lack of actual talent projecting the attitude she does.  There's something falkie-esque about it,  It tends to generate posts like the ones we see here and on his thread.

I've worked with part-time weekend jocks that sound better.

Sean92008

Quote from: Ghost on June 19, 2018, 12:59:46 PM
Notice he refers to himself as an EX lawyer! Was he debarred? Or did he just suck at his job!
He listens to Heather, so the answer is "both."

Bluejay

Quote from: spookcat on June 19, 2018, 12:38:28 PM
I just woke up after four hours of sleep and honestly thought that said "I think everyone enjoys a nice muffin."
That also, is true.

timebandit

the plot thickens..

#HeatherGlory

GravitySucks

Quote from: Kolchak on June 19, 2018, 04:42:38 PM
What's July 2nd?

30 days after they were supposed to report their playlists and send in a check?

chefist

Quote from: Kolchak on June 19, 2018, 04:42:38 PM
What's July 2nd?

They often wait for a certain period of time to accumulate fees/fines...then hit you with an enormous amount in which to intimidate you with...

Sean92008

Quote from: chefist on June 19, 2018, 04:49:56 PM
They often wait for a certain period of time to accumulate fees/fines...then hit you with an enormous amount in which to intimidate you with...
Efficient lawyer management (ELM) even though lawyers' fees are paid for by the loser (PBTL). So Heather and co-conspirators (H&CC) are SOL.

ItsOver

Quote from: Pizzapunch on June 19, 2018, 04:23:35 PM
Does "Ex Lawyer" mean he once represented himself in traffic court?
I guess he has one less client than Dune Boy.

Sean92008

The kick drum was especially clear in the version of "My Sweet Lord" heard on http://kingdomofnyeradio.com/?i=1.

a is jump

Quote from: Sean92008 on June 19, 2018, 06:12:05 PM
The kick drum was especially clear in the version of "My Sweet Lord" heard on http://kingdomofnyeradio.com/?i=1.

The 2000-ish remaster of All Things Must Pass was really more of a remix. I prefer the original. The kick drum on "The Ballad of Sir Frankie Crisp" is wayyy too fuckin loud in the remaster, ruins the whole vibe.

Sean92008

Quote from: a is jump on June 19, 2018, 07:03:28 PM
The 2000-ish remaster of All Things Must Pass was really more of a remix. I prefer the original. The kick drum on "The Ballad of Sir Frankie Crisp" is wayyy too fuckin loud in the remaster, ruins the whole vibe.
The remixes were planned to play through computer speakers (not radios and bulky home stereos), Harrison knew the trend was small. I have both remixed and original Nimbus UK CD (circa 1988-90) and I never really played the remastered one.

The EMI remastering software was poop-poor and didn't remix like Harrison started to do.  33⅓ needed the most work and didn't get it.

Bluejay

McRib - The Official Sandwich of Art Bell’s Legacy

SergeantMajor

Quote from: Bart Ell on June 19, 2018, 12:09:36 PM
No, not Ross but you never know what the future holds.
I offered Dave 6 Bartcoins to cut a few but he wanted 12 Bartcoins so I told him to pound sand!

I am open to George Noory lending his voice to KONR, though.

Maybe you could get Phil Hendrie to do his Ross Mitchell or his Art Bell

Lilith

Getting my coffee and popcorn ready...

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: brig on June 19, 2018, 09:52:01 PM
Getting my coffee and popcorn ready...

How's Heath been lately?

Lilith

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 19, 2018, 09:58:00 PM
Doesn't sound promising. :-\

After the first half hour, when she is finished with her babbling, she has had some pretty good guests that I've enjoyed.

SergeantMajor

What does Mercury in retrograde mean?

Sean92008

Quote from: SergeantMajor on June 19, 2018, 10:06:25 PM
It's astral-babble for non-magic believers.

Lilith

Quote from: SergeantMajor on June 19, 2018, 10:06:25 PM

It's when Mercury appears to be traveling backwards in the sky.  Maybe Lasher will stop by and give us a detailed explanation.