• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Net Neutrality

Started by pate, November 11, 2014, 02:07:17 PM

TigerLily

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 30, 2017, 12:57:41 AM
We didn't need net neutrality until Obama told us we did.  Sorry.  I'm highly skeptical of the pro side of net neutrality.

Ok. Why is net neutrality bad? Please explain it to me

Quote from: TigerLily on November 30, 2017, 12:58:20 AM
First they came for my free speech by curtailing it on the internet and I did nothing ...

Don't you see that is exactly what they want to do with net neutrality.  When government starts making rules for the internet, look out.

TigerLily

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 30, 2017, 12:55:04 AM
How many people still have dialup?  I think most people left that behind 15 years ago. Really I am not all that dogmatic or passionate about it and I don't claim to be an expert but I'm against it. We'll have to see who is right in 10 years.  If net neutrality continues and costs go up but service is still not what it could be then I'll say see I told you so.

Not literally dial-up but different access and speeds

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on November 30, 2017, 12:59:22 AM

When people are caught repeatedly lying to you it's probably not in your best interest to continue trusting them.  ;)

Quote from: TigerLily on November 30, 2017, 12:59:22 AM

Did you read the article?  It opens a door for government intrusion into regulating the internet thus giving them power to say what will be acceptable on the internet.  That stifles freedom. Plus costs will go up as I mentioned as government taxes your internet bill.

TigerLily

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 30, 2017, 01:00:14 AM

Don't you see that is exactly what they want to do with net neutrality.  When government starts making rules for the internet, look out.

Exactly! This current government is trying to mess with one of the last bastions of Freedom. The internet! But you think it's ok because ... ?

TigerLily

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 30, 2017, 01:03:41 AM
Did you read the article?  It opens a door for government intrusion into regulating the internet thus giving them power to say what will be acceptable on the internet.  That stifles freedom. Plus costs will go up as I mentioned as government taxes your internet bill.

Yes. Darling. That is exactly what the current FCC under Trump wants to enact. The article isn't about back in the Obama days. It's about what Trump wants to do now

Quote from: TigerLily on November 30, 2017, 01:03:41 AM
Exactly! This current government is trying to mess with one of the last bastions of Freedom. The internet! But you think it's ok because ... ?

Sigh, they are trying to fix what the prior administration fucked up. Why is our GDP now at 3.3% growth when it tanked under Obama?  Because he fucked everything up.

Dr. MD MD

Obama wanted to give the authority for the internet to the UN. Fuck that!  ::)

Jackstar

We can agree we both want the same thing, TL, but that is all we can agree on in this case, I guess. :-\

TigerLily

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 30, 2017, 01:03:16 AM
When people are caught repeatedly lying to you it's probably not in your best interest to continue trusting them.  ;)

"... In that 298-day period, [of his presidency] the president has made 1,628 false or misleading claims.
The president is on track to make 1,999 false or misleading claims by the time he reaches the one-year mark in office." Working out to an average 5.5 lies a day

Jackstar

Quote from: TigerLily on November 30, 2017, 01:10:06 AM
Working out to an average 5.5 lies a day

Still, superior to a Clinton presidency.

"... In that 298-day period, [of his presidency] the president has made 1,628 false or misleading claims.
The president is on track to make 1,999 false or misleading claims by the time he reaches the one-year mark in office." Working out to an average 5.5 lies a day

No comment.  ;)

TigerLily

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 30, 2017, 01:10:02 AM
We can agree we both want the same thing, TL, but that is all we can agree on in this case, I guess. :-\

Why is that? You agree net neutrality is good. Curbing free speech and charging for it is bad but you think the law that will do exactly that is ok? I really don't understand

Dr. MD MD

According to a bunch of known liars, yes.  :D

TigerLily

Quote from: Jackstar on November 30, 2017, 01:11:41 AM

Still, superior to a Clinton presidency.

Ok. You tell me why

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on November 30, 2017, 01:13:32 AM
Why is that? You agree net neutrality is good. Curbing free speech and charging for it is bad but you think the law that will do exactly that is ok? I really don't understand

Looks like your Machiavellian tendencies have finally caught up with you. It's a little thing called credibility. Look into it!  ;D

Quote from: TigerLily on November 30, 2017, 01:13:32 AM

Who's on first? :P

I'm not doing a very good job explaining my points, I guess.  I'll let someone else who is perhaps more knowledgeable take a swing at it.  It is my bedtime and I think I gave myself a headache. :-[  Good night and sweet dreams.

TigerLily

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 30, 2017, 01:19:06 AM
Looks like your Machiavellian tendencies have finally caught up with you. It's a little thing called credibility. Look into it!  ;D

::)

TigerLily

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 30, 2017, 01:20:07 AM
Who's on first? :P

I'm not doing a very good job explaining my points, I guess.  I'll let someone else who is perhaps more knowledgeable take a swing at it.  It is my bedtime and I think I gave myself a headache. :-[

Oops. Sorry. But read up on it, ok? 

Quote from: TigerLily on November 30, 2017, 01:22:07 AM
Oops. Sorry. But read up on it, ok?

Will do. No need to be sorry. Maybe the next time I can present a more cogent argument.

TigerLily

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 30, 2017, 01:16:35 AM
According to a bunch of known liars, yes.  :D

Do you listen to what he says? Directly from his own scrunched little mouth? And not filtered through Info Wars? Or are you just projecting again?

TigerLily

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 30, 2017, 01:23:27 AM
Will do. No need to be sorry. Maybe the next time I can present a more cogent argument.

I actually saw it more as an exchange of ideas. But I won't argue about if it was an argument. Sweet Dreams

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on November 30, 2017, 01:24:20 AM
Do you listen to what he says? Directly from his own scrunched little mouth? And not filtered through Info Wars? Or are you just projecting again?

That's your reflexive answer for EVERYTHING! Like I said, you need some new material. This shit's played out!  ::)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on November 30, 2017, 01:25:38 AM
I actually saw it more as an exchange of ideas. But I won't argue about if it was an argument. Sweet Dreams

Just for your own edification argument can also mean a reason or set of reasons given with the aim of persuading others that an action or idea is right or wrong.  ;)

TigerLily

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 30, 2017, 01:26:37 AM
That's your reflexive answer for EVERYTHING! Like I said, you need some new material. This shit's played out!  ::)

What is my reflexive answer for EVERYTHING? nm I'm going to go finish my book

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on November 30, 2017, 01:31:08 AM
What is my reflexive answer for EVERYTHING? nm I'm going to go finish my book

Projection. You know, like when Hillary accuses Trump of Russian collusion when she's actually guilty of it.  :D

Quote from: TigerLily on November 30, 2017, 01:25:38 AM

That is how I thought of it too, to be honest.  G'night.  Darn cat got out and now I have to wait until he gets it out of his system.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 30, 2017, 01:28:29 AM
Just for your own edification argument can also mean a reason or set of reasons given with the aim of persuading others that an action or idea is right or wrong.  ;)

That is exactly what I meant by the word not the nasty meaning.