• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

TigerLily

Quote from: Grifynne on April 25, 2018, 01:09:33 AM
Uh oh, we got Bellgabbers in the Heather Wade MITD Fans Facebook group. There goes the neighborhood.  ;D

If Heather read MiTD Bellgab posts I doubt she would ever return to the air

Theadora

Quote from: Kolchak on April 24, 2018, 08:47:14 PM
Heather's Facebook post about Keith now running the show and her quitting is still the last thing she's put up. It's been over 24 hours. Fans are still stumbling across it and asking what's going on.

I don't grasp her reticence to explain herself to paying customers.

Keith and Heather either are or were an item.  They bought the show from Art, or rather Keith did, and now Heather is trying to get half ownership, instead of a commission.  Therefore, she's gone on strike.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 25, 2018, 01:19:06 AM
Yeah, I don't know what it is about that guy. He seems like a nice guy and his education and credentials are solid...but I just can't shake that douchbag feelz with him for some reason. I never felt that way about Sagan.

Same here.  He’s no Michio Kaku either.  Plus the way he denigrated Pluto, very douchey thing to do.

Theadora

Quote from: Rix Gins on April 24, 2018, 08:55:27 PM
Posted on Facebook when suggestions were being made for Keith Rowland to step in and be Heather's temporary replacement.  At least that's how I read the brother's post.

Keith doesn't want to be on air.  That's the only bargaining chip that Heather has, so she goes on strike until she gets what she wants, or Keith replaces her before the audience is completely gone.

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 24, 2018, 11:10:41 PM
She wants Keith to fire her
If she gets fired can't u get like 532 weeks of unemployment now? I think that was Barry's deal. The Donald may have shitcaned that or hasn't got around to it yet.

Theadora

Quote from: novat0 on April 24, 2018, 09:04:01 PM
https://twitter.com/ArtBellProducer/status/985518035631943680

Art Bell.  Simultaneously history's greatest radio host and the world's worst teacher.

She made an entirely self serving bullshit statement.  Art never would have given her the show unless she paid for it.  He intended to make a cottage industry of starting shows and selling them to replacement hosts or any producer who would pay for the viewership he built.

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: albrecht on April 24, 2018, 11:54:04 PM
Never let them take your essence. Rainwater and pure grain alcohol.
That's right it's a commie red plot!  Feed me Mandrake feed me! But Jack...?
If this continues someone is gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola co and AT&T!

Theadora

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 24, 2018, 09:49:44 PM
I would have done it as soon as she told all of her fans to call up and bash the guest host. I hope she gets trolled all to hell if she ever comes back.

There are thousands of people who work in radio and even more thousands who have done gradiated broadcast school, who would love to do the show, but they don't listen to it, and are unaware of it, because it isn't radio.  Of all those thousands of prospects, Keith would be lucky to find even one who could do so much as an adequate job.

Gary Leggiere, otherwise has the smarts, but he is like Hoagland in that he hogs the limelight, and worse, he yells all the time on a hot medium.  He did do a review of Item 9, the intro from Pineapple Express, which is brilliant, and his voice is just right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71z0kduphMY

https://youtu.be/eqkab5I6YS0

zeebo

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on April 25, 2018, 01:26:16 AM
Same here.  He’s no Michio Kaku either.  Plus the way he denigrated Pluto, very douchey thing to do.

I couldn't get over the new Cosmos.  The oriiginal was like the most important thing I ever watched as a kid, so, I'm kinda miffed about how the new one turned out.

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: HumanBeing on April 25, 2018, 12:27:55 AM
I wonder what the legalities are regarding bereavement leave from work. From a quick web search most employers allow 3 days.

Is Heather still getting paid if she takes off more time past the normal allotment for bereavement?
I'm not trying to invalidate her grief, or how it has affected her, but as far as I can see most employers would not allow an employee 2+ weeks off.

Maybe if she were to see a psychologist or some medical professional and received a note that she is not fit to return to work then all this time away would be kosher.

It is not like she was traumatized by being a witness to some Latin American narco gang cutting off Arts leg and beating him with his own leg while he was still conscious. Then making her watch them cut the rest of him up while manically laughing and grunting like a demon in ecstasy.
She experienced the death of a close confidant and friend who, according to preliminary reports, passed away peacefully in his sleep. Yeah it fucking sucks ass. But she is not the sole human being that ever had to experience the loss of someone close to them.

She has work responsibilities. She has to shit or get off the pot.

Man that just cracked me the fuck up!!!
But not for nothing, 3 dsys is the standard. If u can't answer the bell, (no pun intended) by now or Monday, forget about a doctor's note, u need to be institutionalized, put in a rubber rm in a straight jacket and heavily medicated.

GravitySucks

Quote from: HumanBeing on April 25, 2018, 12:27:55 AM
I wonder what the legalities are regarding bereavement leave from work. From a quick web search most employers allow 3 days.

Is Heather still getting paid if she takes off more time past the normal allotment for bereavement?
I'm not trying to invalidate her grief, or how it has affected her, but as far as I can see most employers would not allow an employee 2+ weeks off.

Maybe if she were to see a psychologist or some medical professional and received a note that she is not fit to return to work then all this time away would be kosher.

It is not like she was traumatized by being a witness to some Latin American narco gang cutting off Arts leg and beating him with his own leg while he was still conscious. Then making her watch them cut the rest of him up while manically laughing and grunting like a demon in ecstasy.
She experienced the death of a close confidant and friend who, according to preliminary reports, passed away peacefully in his sleep. Yeah it fucking sucks ass. But she is not the sole human being that ever had to experience the loss of someone close to them.

She has work responsibilities. She has to shit or get off the pot.

I am sure she is not a w-2 employee. She has a contract. Virtually no company will give bereavement for a friend. Evercompany I worked for gave 01-3 days depending on the relationship.

Rockaria

Quote from: Theadora on April 25, 2018, 01:43:38 AM
There are thousands of people who work in radio and even more thousands who have done gradiated broadcast school, who would love to do the show, but they don't listen to it, and are unaware of it, because it isn't radio.  Of all those thousands of prospects, Keith would be lucky to find even one who could do so much as an adequate job.

I have a B.A. in broadcasting, worked in the media for 30 years. Art didn't graduate from high school. Still, Art is 100x the broadcaster I would ever be.

Theadora

Quote from: Kolchak on April 24, 2018, 11:12:19 PM
Ding ding ding

She has abdicated by walking.  There's no need to fire her; she's defacto, quit.

Dr. MD MD

Gary Leggiere, otherwise has the smarts, but he is like Hoagland in that he hogs the limelight, and worse, he yells all the time on a hot medium.  He did do a review of Item 9, the intro from Pineapple Express, which is brilliant, and his voice is just right.

Item 9 is the bees knees and we should be telling all the people about it! :D

Theadora

Quote from: Rockaria on April 25, 2018, 01:50:44 AM
I have a B.A. in broadcasting, worked in the media for 30 years. Art didn't graduate from high school. Still, Art is 100x the broadcaster I would ever be.

Send Keith an aircheck.

Quote from: zeebo on April 25, 2018, 01:44:00 AM
I couldn't get over the new Cosmos.  The oriiginal was like the most important thing I ever watched as a kid, so, I'm kinda miffed about how the new one turned out.

For sure.  Nothing like Sagan.

Faustina

Quote from: zeebo on April 25, 2018, 12:27:32 AM
Sounds like a wise move.  I'm sure others will report back if any important info bubbles up.

I was using it on my laptop and it worked fine for me.  There's a button to click to "un-mute" and then you can hear and talk. 

GravitySucks

Quote from: Faustina on April 25, 2018, 02:09:45 AM
I was using it on my laptop and it worked fine for me.  There's a button to click to "un-mute" and then you can hear and talk.

On my iphone I had to connect to the voice channel. It was confusing because the microphone that showed up on the keyboard was only for talk-to_text.

Rix Gins

Quote from: Theadora on April 25, 2018, 01:29:48 AM
Keith doesn't want to be on air.  That's the only bargaining chip that Heather has, so she goes on strike until she gets what she wants, or Keith replaces her before the audience is completely gone.

I'm not up on social media, it wasn't Facebook, most likely some twitter account that was being posted here on BellGab.  (No wonder Shay and MD were puzzled.) (http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=9159.msg1183144#msg1183144)  I just thought it was funny that the guy called Keith 'keef rolo' and that Keith didn't comment on the name change.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Theadora on April 25, 2018, 01:26:16 AM
Keith and Heather either are or were an item.  They bought the show from Art, or rather Keith did, and now Heather is trying to get half ownership, instead of a commission.  Therefore, she's gone on strike.

I don’t think they have ever been in the same room.

If Heather does decide to come back she should start using this as an opening theme to differentiate herself from Coast to Coast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh3gmOZQiiQ

GravitySucks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71z0kduphMY

https://youtu.be/eqkab5I6YS0

Ok Gary

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on April 25, 2018, 01:21:25 AM
If Heather read MiTD Bellgab posts I doubt she would ever return to the air

I guarantee she has been reading them. Art was her mentor.

Faustina

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 25, 2018, 02:14:34 AM
I don’t think they have ever been in the same room.

I have it on good authority from someone who has worked with Keith that he can't stand Heather.

Quote from: Faustina on April 25, 2018, 02:24:51 AM
I have it on good authority from someone who has worked with Keith that he can't stand Heather.

But she’s so lovable!

Kolchak

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 25, 2018, 02:21:28 AM
I guarantee she has been reading them. Art was her mentor.

She said everyone has been horrible to her since this debacle started. Facebook has been mostly supportive. 100% confirmed for lurking bellgab.

Bellgab is like black tar heroin.

Faustina

Me to Keith Rowland: 
Heather posted in a MITD fan group today that she never committed to returning this coming Monday.

Keith replying to me:
So that’s a let down, tricking me into dropping a guest host and play more reruns? But deny coming back Monday. :-(

Quote from: Kolchak on April 25, 2018, 02:34:36 AM
She said everyone has been horrible to her since this debacle started. Facebook has been mostly supportive. 100% confirmed for lurking bellgab.

Bellgab is like black tar heroin.

LOL. She says this shit while calling Knapp a vulture.  The gall!