Quote from: scottydawg on August 02, 2016, 09:11:59 PM
[attachment id=1 msg=873799]
Looking for the "Art of Talk!"
This is a very talented young woman.

Keep the hot Asians cumming.

Turns out it was a mean baby.

ItsOver

ItsOver

Jorch is getting excited.  I hope Ma Noory isn't watching.

Jackstar

pate

I thought this thread was being reporpoised to the Art of Bells or something?

What's with the creepy Asian kitty picture tender victuals stuff y'all are serving up?

I don't like cats.  This post is probably in the wrong thread, but hear are some videos that may or may not be relevant to whatever this thread is about.

The Creepy Children in them may or may not have Black Eyes, however:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlcMRq3gb1s

-and-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zw1Bli1jbc

Bon appetit!

Art needs to go back to MITD.  He'll be too busy to get sick.  This shit comes with retirement.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on August 03, 2016, 06:30:15 PM
Art needs to go back to MITD.  He'll be too busy to get sick.  This shit comes with retirement.

There's a lot of truth to this. I've seen people retire; with no plan of how to occupy their time, and the downward spiral begins.
The mind, and the body needs to be active; for at least a few hours everyday.

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: 21st Century Man on August 03, 2016, 06:30:15 PM

Amen.  He could do a show from his main house...from his bed, lol...on a laptop or his iphone.  Live or prerecorded broad/podcasting is not complicated these days.  When he's feeling ok, he could just appear online without prior notice or fanfare.  No expectations.  Pop-up Radio with Art Bell!  Spontaneous and unprepared--Art could pull it off, I know.   :D

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on August 03, 2016, 08:42:37 PM
Amen.  He could do a show from his main house...from his bed, lol...on a laptop or his iphone.  Live or prerecorded broad/podcasting is not complicated these days.  When he's feeling ok, he could just appear online without prior notice or fanfare.  No expectations.  Pop-up Radio with Art Bell!  Spontaneous and unprepared--Art could pull it off, I know.   :D

That has been suggested it seems like 1000 times, since before Dark Matter. 

I'd really like to know why he apparently never wanted to even consider it.  If I could ask him one thing, it would probably be that.

zeebo

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 03, 2016, 10:13:21 PM

I'd really like to know why he apparently never wanted to even consider it.  If I could ask him one thing, it would probably be that.

From what I gather he felt a live show, with spontaneous callers was part of the essential alchemy.  However, even so, he still could have done a very simple & cheap live streaming show, maybe 1-2 x per week, without all the overhead of licensed bumpers, burdensome relationships with advertisers/network mgmt, complicated subscription setups, etc.  I still have no idea why he created such monumental stress trying to spin MITD up like that, when all people really wanted was to hear him talk in a microphone.

trostol

Quote from: zeebo on August 03, 2016, 10:27:14 PM
From what I gather he felt a live show, with spontaneous callers was part of the essential alchemy.  However, even so, he still could have done a very simple & cheap live streaming show, maybe 1-2 x per week, without all the overhead of licensed bumpers, burdensome relationships with advertisers/network mgmt, complicated subscription setups, etc.  I still have no idea why he created such monumental stress trying to spin MITD up like that, when all people really wanted was to hear him talk in a microphone.

simple secret squirrel..like Sinatra says..My Way..Art had to have it his way or not at all...it was the music or he wouldn't do it..or this..or that

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: zeebo on August 03, 2016, 10:27:14 PM

Exactly.  He seemed way overcommitted for someone in his retirement years.  Part-time would have been more realistic. 

ge30542

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on August 03, 2016, 10:32:20 PM
Exactly.  Part-time would have been more realistic.
Let's not forget, this was all done for (his out of wedlock child) Heather.
He could not stand the fact that she was helping men his age get off.

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on August 03, 2016, 10:32:20 PM
Exactly.  He seemed way overcommitted for someone in his retirement years.  Part-time would have been more realistic.

I'd prefer a couple shows during the week as, more often than not, Coast has decent guest hosts on the weekends.  Still if he just did it on the weekends, that would be great for me. 

Art needs to take a cue from Stanton Friedman.  Other than during his brief respite recovering from a heart attack, Stanton has kept busy.  He's always doing something.  Showing up somewhere.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: trostol on August 03, 2016, 10:29:22 PM
simple secret squirrel..like Sinatra says..My Way..Art had to have it his way or not at all...it was the music or he wouldn't do it..or this..or that

the music thing was the first specific sign of trouble, as i recall.  he could have just played the dreamland music or something similar in/out of breaks and it would have been totally acceptable.  preferable, even.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPGTAR3ODSE

Quote from: mv on August 03, 2016, 11:06:48 PM
the music thing was the first specific sign of trouble, as i recall...

Yep.

I never had any confidence in any of it after the 2 year Non-Compete was revealed.  I didn't believe that for a second. 

Not having a regular gig all those years, quitting DM right away, announcing a non-compete...  He just didn't want to do it anymore, but couldn't quite let go.  He had to invent a stalker/shooter for that.

pate

Not Sure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8bH1WjhekU

My hopped-up on Goof-Ballz is way too PeekA-Mon, Squirt{achoo}.

ediot: K'thule, yew!  Githaynkie>?  mm

Art's an all-or-nothing type person

Since he can't do it all, we get nothing

Element 115

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 03, 2016, 10:13:21 PM

He most likely wanted his broadcasting area to be separate from the main house.  It's much quieter and he would not disturb his wife and child.  Sure, he could have a room soundproofed but still I think he felt it was better separate.

PKaiser

Quote from: Empress on August 03, 2016, 02:08:41 PM

What in the FUCK is so funny? I just asked a simple(ton) question?  Lol!

Who are you anyway, this "Empress?" Weren't you someone else a few months ago, like Darth Sandra, or some such other goofy teen-aged "handle?"

Jackstar

Quote from: PKaiser on August 04, 2016, 08:03:37 AM
Who are you anyway, this "Empress?" Weren't you someone else a few months ago, like Darth Sandra, or some such other goofy teen-aged "handle?"

I'm reasonably confident that this cunt and her gang of mewling, sycophantic lackeys are merely a co-ordinated AI construct. Ignoring them for months has cost no one anything.

Thanks for turning off the /ignore function, MV. That was a brilliant move.

:rolleyes: