• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Bellgab comes alive

Started by Walks_At_Night, October 07, 2016, 11:35:15 AM

Jackstar

Quote from: brig on October 07, 2016, 02:40:10 PM
a few of us were able to keep in touch at #bellgab on Twitter.

Jackstar

Did anyone else notice that the BellGab server is reportedly in FL?

starrmtn001

Quote from: Jackstar on October 07, 2016, 02:55:38 PM
Did anyone else notice that the BellGab server is reportedly in FL?

Heh, heh. ;)

Damn you MV.   The same week I get banned from GLP (for what I don't know), this shit happens.  I was just starring at the computer looking at images of Hurricane Matthew for 2 days. 

I was in desperate need of a Bellgab fix and you took the damn website down for 2 days without warning. >:(

Wait until the election is over before trying this again, please.

I'm only half-serious.  Thank God the site is back up.  Praise MV!

trostol

need more bellgab twitter people..i can't keep bugging bateman and MV when bellgab is down lol

norland2424

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 07, 2016, 03:41:36 PM
Damn you MV.   The same week I get banned from GLP (for what I don't know), this shit happens.  I was just starring at the computer looking at images of Hurricane Matthew for 2 days. 

I was in desperate need of a Bellgab fix and you took the damn website down for 2 days without warning. >:(

Did you get banned for being sane?

Quote from: trostol on October 07, 2016, 03:53:39 PM
need more bellgab twitter people..i can't keep bugging bateman and MV when bellgab is down lol

I didn't see anybody posting anything on twitter.  I'm not a twit myself but I follow the posts.

Quote from: norland2424 on October 07, 2016, 03:55:39 PM
Did you get banned for being sane?

LOL.  Yes,  I do tend to being some levity to the conversation especially regarding Trump.  Though it had been a week since I said anything political on that site.

norland2424

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 07, 2016, 03:58:20 PM
LOL.  Yes,  I do tend to being some levity to the conversation especially regarding Trump.  Though it had been a week since I said anything political on that site.

Ive lurked on that site before and its batshit crazy lol.

Quote from: norland2424 on October 07, 2016, 03:59:31 PM
Ive lurked on that site before and its batshit crazy lol.

LOL.  That is what I do. Mostly lurk.  It is always entertaining to read. lol.

ItsOver

...I was just starring at the computer looking at images of Hurricane Matthew for 2 days...

Ha!  I kept wondering where this clown was, then the mist came, with the clouds, and he appeared, the false prophet of doom.

Jackstar

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 07, 2016, 04:01:12 PM
It is always entertaining to read.

I find their website and forum design to be absolutely unreadable. The content is meh, but the fonts and colors are nauseating. Can it be skinned? Wait, wait, I don't care.

ItsOver

Quote from: norland2424 on October 07, 2016, 01:00:24 PM
What are the upsides to the new server?
136 or 142 won't be able to find it.

Zetaspeak

We need some equivalent of "My Patriot supply" to hold us over next time Bellgab goes offline.  ;D

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Jackstar on October 07, 2016, 04:09:33 PM
I find their website and forum design to be absolutely unreadable. The content is meh, but the fonts and colors are nauseating. Can it be skinned? Wait, wait, I don't care.

Thank you for this input.  We've been focus grouping several new BellGab skins for the new server.  We've settled on a candidate:  link

Lord Grantham

>Almost 2017
>Not going to an image board format

You cucks are pathetic.

Lilith

Quote from: mv on October 07, 2016, 04:25:36 PM
Thank you for this input.  We've been focus grouping several new BellGab skins for the new server.  We've settled on a candidate:  link

I like it, but it doesn't have any pink.

Value Of Pi

What a missed opportunity this was. If only the database and files had somehow been erased during the transfer and the new server had started off with a clean slate. Everybody here would've had a chance to re-invent themselves in a new JJ Abrams universe.

But then people would choose to change nothing and nary a single BellGabber would be born again. The only thing "saved" would be server space, although there's something to be said for that.

Value Of Pi

It's worse, not better than what we have now. Typeface is harder to read, which translates into people reading less, which translates into less income for you. The yellow border does what to make it better, exactly?

Change for the sake of change is usually change for the worse. I can't even guess what you might be trying to improve on.

EDIT:
Ran it by a pro web designer who agreed with me. Thought it looked like amateur hour, especially those silly rotating buttons at the top.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Value Of Pi on October 07, 2016, 05:05:48 PM
It's worse, not better than what we have now. Typeface is harder to read, which translates into people reading less, which translates into less income for you. The yellow border does what to make it better, exactly?

Change for the sake of change is usually change for the worse. I can't even guess what you might be trying to improve on.

EDIT:
Ran it by a pro web designer who agreed with me. Thought it looked like amateur hour, especially those silly rotating buttons at the top.

Always with your finger on the pulse of humor.

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on October 07, 2016, 05:03:08 PM

The Master is unmatched in the business world. I hear that Donald Trump was taking advice from George right before his big turnaround in '95.

Juan

Dammit MV, here I am about to be swept away by a hurricane and I've had nowhere to whine about it.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Juan on October 07, 2016, 05:23:07 PM
Dammit MV, here I am about to be swept away by a hurricane and I've had nowhere to whine about it.

Have you tried the local FEMA tent?

starrmtn001

MV.  You know I love ya dearly, but no.  Just, No. :P

Quote from: mv on October 07, 2016, 05:24:13 PM
Have you tried the local FEMA tent?

The Clinton Foundation stole the monies allocated for FEMA tents. That's what she used to paid off Bernie.

https://twitter.com/TheeArtVandelay/status/784275619546660866

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: starrmtn001 on October 07, 2016, 05:25:01 PM
MV.  You know I love ya dearly, but no.  Just, No. :P

But we focus grouped iiiiiiiiiit!

TigerLily

I know I'm out of focus but you need my input. Twirling shit is annoying as shit. Yellow color is worse than NFL unitards.  The type face is o.k.  Whole thing makes me nostalgic for grade school. No praise necessary. You're welcome