• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

A Way With words - podcast for word geeks

Started by Inglorious Bitch, August 22, 2016, 10:12:13 AM

zeebo

Quote from: SredniVashtar on August 23, 2016, 08:20:44 AM
But not dictionaries...

I had a teacher once who if you asked him how to spell something he'd say 'Look it up in the dictionary!".  But um how to do that if you can't spell it lol. 

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on August 22, 2016, 10:12:13 AM
This is one of my favorite podcasts. If you want something interesting to listen to:

http://www.waywordradio.org/

Is there a podcast for mimes, "away with words" ?

whoozit

9 out of 10 pirates prefer the "Aweigh with Words" podcast.

whoozit

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: whoozit on August 24, 2016, 11:28:24 AM
Scoleciphobics prefer "Away with Worms".

Stop that, stop it now! It isn't big or clever.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SredniVashtar on August 24, 2016, 07:31:34 AM
Fair comment, but I'm not unreasonable about this. If you live within the M25 (or 'the pale of civilisation', as I like to call it) I recognise your right to exist. I might even consent to dine with you occasionally and brighten your lives. As for the rest of you, you're all a bunch of flat-cap wearing hobbits.

Its the six toes on each foot isn't it? If we did do a GC for the proles across the pond, can we have it at a nearly reasonable time, as in GMT time? Not that stupid pandering to the Earth rotating so the poor loves have to be backward by several weeks/ years?

whoozit

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 24, 2016, 11:33:33 AM

Stop that, stop it now! It isn't big or clever.
I apologize, lack of oxygen from hard lunchtime run. I'm recovered now.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 22, 2016, 11:14:52 AM

If the three of us plus RGG had a podcast, we could discuss the finer points of how you'd make SV's demise look like 'an accident' nudge nudge.

I prefer to pass, thank you. With you limeys, it always starts as an innocent podcast and winds up as a fruity slap and tickle party. I've read about the loathsome entertainments that take place in your boarding schools, and I want no part of it. I get that auto-erotic asphyxiation rituals with school ties is an ancient and venerable tradition on your damp, dreary island, but we don't roll that way here.