• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Caliphate

Started by Zircon, September 25, 2012, 12:28:35 PM

Zircon

The following video is why I find listening to Glenn Beck quite educational. He pisses everybody off - republican and democrat alike. Watch and learn something you most likely had no idea of.

http://www.glennbeck.com/2012/09/24/what-is-the-project/

McPhallus

The Hemorrhoid comes off as a little too phony for me to take him seriously.

Zircon

Quote from: McPhallus on September 25, 2012, 12:41:06 PM
The Hemorrhoid comes off as a little too phony for me to take him seriously.
Your response begs me to ask you to explain why you think he is "phony" with this. Apparently you don't like Glenn Beck. Can you explain why that is? And seriously, what does or should he do to convince you of the authenticity of the alleged document and foreign policy being practiced by this administration?

coaster

Any man who rubs Vick's Vapor into his eyes to get attention seems completely credible in my opinion.  :'(

Zircon

Quote from: coaster on September 25, 2012, 01:01:11 PM
Any man who rubs Vick's Vapor into his eyes to get attention seems completely credible in my opinion.  :'(
Believe what you want. I think you need to recognize that was a "stunt" and he explained it in a video on his website while he was actually doing this "eye rub". The folks filming were there and knew it as well. He is not a fake.

onan

Glenn Beck is shit stink. I am not going to get into a debate about it. Knowing Glenn Beck is shit stink is only slightly less common knowledge than knowing the Sun is hot.

Zircon

Quote from: onan on September 25, 2012, 01:06:23 PM
Glenn Beck is shit stink. I am not going to get into a debate about it. Knowing Glenn Beck is shit stink is only slightly less common knowledge than knowing the Sun is hot.

So you make a stupid "tweenish" comment and yet won't explain why.

onan

Quote from: Zircon on September 25, 2012, 01:17:10 PM
So you make a stupid "tweenish" comment and yet won't explain why.

Do a search Beck and dishonesty.

But yeah Beck has been discussed here before. He hasn't changed. And you, as bright as you are, seem unflinching in your desire to make all things good conservative and all things bad liberal. If only life was that simple. Honestly I think, if you could calm down your rhetoric would be a very influential voice for the conservative side. But you spend your credibility, in what appears to me to be a foaming at the mouth, hate the progressives (whatever that term really means). So call me tweenish, I am tired of stating the obvious over and over again.

Zircon

Onan, I actually thank you for the constructive criticism (even the "foaming" part). I will have to work on that as I recognize it in myself as well. You might be surprised by some of the things regarded as "liberal" that I do not find fault with and can support - and have.

I am not a hard-liner as far as conservative goes as I worked for a living and have little love for those who think the purpose in life is to gain power over you and let you know it. Money people are often that way especially in the business world.

My experiences were largely in Seattle - the land of arrogance, conceit and geographical/class bigotry. I recognize the underlying thread in many who feel they are where they are by "manifest destiny" and moral, intellectual and cultural superiority. Thing is, many can actually back that attitude up. Also, there were more liberals than conservatives in that group from my experiences. Ask other west coast folks around here and you'll find a left-leaning culture out there from top to bottom.

Progressives to me are those who are constantly gaining new angles to strip the American public of its Constitutional rights. It is bank takeover and elitist takeover. Progressive taxes on those who are actually the engine of this economy rather than the old "blue blood" money who seem to be the primary champions of keeping all peoples, not noble born, in their place. Progressives are for printing money out of thin air and presenting me with an actual real debt. That also includes you Onan as a debt holder. did they ask us for a loan? Of course not. So they create their wealth from nothing and we have to produce to honor it. Not quite right is it? That is progressiveness Onan.  It began back around 1900.

McPhallus

Quote from: Zircon on September 25, 2012, 12:45:12 PM
Your response begs me to ask you to explain why you think he is "phony" with this. Apparently you don't like Glenn Beck. Can you explain why that is? And seriously, what does or should he do to convince you of the authenticity of the alleged document and foreign policy being practiced by this administration?

He could start by being more about substance than image (and I agree with many of his views).  I'm referring to the histrionics: fake glasses, fake tears, pretentious college professor stance, etc. He may have a legit story to tell, but he's too unreliable a narrator.

MV/Liberace!

the tears... oooooooooh the tears...

Zircon

McP, I'll agree with you that he grates me at times with this "prophetic" image he seems to portrait at times. He needs to do a check on himself and realize he sounds like the second coming of John the Baptist at times. Tends to preach from the pulpit - I agree. But I'd rather focus on the content and the reasoning he describes in arriving at those positions he expresses. I do admire him for the rallies he generates like the one in Washington DC and his latest in Dallas. He seems to walk his talk even if he seems overbearing.

Uh, "fake glasses"? And MV, he explained those "tears". The ones he took a lot of heat over recently. And he does get emotional and seems to tear up often. I don't think he is being fake about that. Some men aren't afraid to get teary-eyed. Even Bush got a lump in his throat when speaking about a veteran who was receiving an award posthumously.

Zircon

I see how this thread is evolving into a critique of Glenn Beck. So, now that a few of you have expressed your issues with this man perhaps we can discuss what you think of these claimed documents and the Muslim Brotherhood's alleged stated goals of a global caliphate and its operations within America?

Zircon

Oh, poor responders. Can't talk about the material but spend your time trashing the messenger. Pussies.

onan

Pussies... nice.

I really want to have a discussion now. And while we are at it... are you so attention deprived you need an instant fix? perhaps anyone interested would like to collect their thoughts and maybe check a few things out before just heading into a complicated discussion.

As it happens when last we traded posts, my wife had just walked through the door and she is much more entertaining (when she isn't mad at me) than this forum.

So when I come back to it and find I am a pussy for not fitting into your schedule... well guess how interested I am in continuing?

Perhaps you meant it as a joke... seems like froth in the corner of your mouth to me.

Anyway... good luck discussing with the other pussies.

Pragmier

I followed your link and heard an infomercial for his upcoming documentary. Supposed to air Wed & Thur - will it be available free? Looks like Blaze TV is a subscription service.

Quote from: Zircon on September 25, 2012, 02:02:06 PM
... My experiences were largely in Seattle - the land of arrogance, conceit and geographical/class bigotry...

OMG yes.  Portland Oregon too. 

Glen Beck - never listened or watched a single time, don't even know what his voice sounds like. 

McPhallus

Quote from: Zircon on September 25, 2012, 03:24:55 PM
Oh, poor responders. Can't talk about the material but spend your time trashing the messenger. Pussies.

Can't tell if troll or just lonely.

McPhallus

Quote from: Pragmier on September 25, 2012, 05:36:33 PM
I followed your link and heard an infomercial for his upcoming documentary. Supposed to air Wed & Thur - will it be available free? Looks like Blaze TV is a subscription service.

I believe Steven Greer, the Human Penis, is on there too.  Fitting.

Zircon

Quote from: onan on September 25, 2012, 03:33:13 PM
Pussies... nice.

I really want to have a discussion now. And while we are at it... are you so attention deprived you need an instant fix? perhaps anyone interested would like to collect their thoughts and maybe check a few things out before just heading into a complicated discussion.

As it happens when last we traded posts, my wife had just walked through the door and she is much more entertaining (when she isn't mad at me) than this forum.

So when I come back to it and find I am a pussy for not fitting into your schedule... well guess how interested I am in continuing?

Perhaps you meant it as a joke... seems like froth in the corner of your mouth to me.

Anyway... good luck discussing with the other pussies.
Hey, I'm sorry about calling you folks pussies. I'm not trying to be hostile but just jabbing you in the shoulder.

Well Onan, I am glad you find your wife far more entertaining and funny then this damn forum. You're right to a point in that, relative to you and your busy schedule, I find that I have time on my hands. Attention deprived? At times I might be but I'm not lately.

For example, earlier today I continued reading a book by Gregory Benford, "Across the Sea of Suns". Second book in a series of five - science fiction - travels of a generation ship to different stars. I also had other things to do so I did some laundry and put it away, made dinner, washed dishes, managed to watch an hour of TV news and am now typing this.

My wife is also a nurse and works the 7PM-7AM three days per week. She is at work now. Was wondering if you have a like schedule and work 12-hour shifts? How long have you been a nurse? First career?

McPhallus

Quote from: onan on September 25, 2012, 03:33:13 PM

We just need to try harder.

Zircon

Quote from: Pragmier on September 25, 2012, 05:36:33 PM
I don't think it is free. I'm sure he'll provide video snippets of the program and discuss it at length during his daily program. Might eventually be put out there. I'm too cheap to join as, truthfully, I get enough Beck with his program and going to his site to get what he puts out there for anybody wanting to click on it.

Zircon

McP(enis) ... isn't that you dressed as Jim Jones? Hey man, uh ... Halloween is next month (last day I do believe). And I continually play, "Only the Lonely" when "trolling" around here. "I Need Somebody to Love" !!!

McPhallus

Quote from: Zircon on September 25, 2012, 06:30:38 PM
McP(enis) ... isn't that you dressed as Jim Jones? Hey man, uh ... Halloween is next month (last day I do believe). And I continually play, "Only the Lonely" when "trolling" around here. "I Need Somebody to Love" !!!

If you mean the 1980s song by The Motels, that is one of the best songs of that decade.

The Motels - Only The Lonely

Pragmier

I always thought Martha was hot.  ;)

Zircon

I agree McP ... it makes me cry like Beck BWAAAAAHHHH !!! I've downloaded it. That bee-bop, bubble gum, boy meets girl stuff is pretty cool music - better times. Do you ever listen to "Sha Na Na" or "Meatloaf"? They do good renditions of the old stuff.

Zircon

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 25, 2012, 05:38:17 PM
OMG yes.  Portland Oregon too.
Oh hell yeah. Plus Oregon seems to be full of depressed and/or angry people. went down to Eugene one time and found a lot of depressed kids sitting on benches, panhandling, stoned and "depleted" looking. Beautiful little city with the University of Oregon campus so tucked away. Quiet. Kids acted post-apocalyptic.

So, the young folks in Beaverton, Corvallis have the same arrogance as Seattle? I think Portland is a "Seattle Wanna be". No sales tax is nice but they make up for it somewhere else. Are you living in Portland now?

Zircon

McP and P*B, I just realized if the Taliban or Al Qaeda found us doing this dialog they'd behead us like they did to those dancers at a party they barged in on in Pakistan or Afghanistan a couple of weeks ago. Seventeen got their heads removed.

ziznak

I fear subversion by the Muslim Bruthas about as much as I fear getting smoked while crossing the street.  I agree that our dealings in the middle east are flawed but if it were up to me I'd have nothing to do with anything going on over there.  Screw Israel screw Iran screw that whole sand pit.  Turtle up and prepare to defend if the need arises but other than that just let that whole region eat itself alive...

I liked Glenn Beck waaaaaay waaaaay back when I used to listen to him on NPR.  He wasn't so radical back then.

Quote from: Zircon on September 25, 2012, 07:19:13 PM
Oh hell yeah. Plus Oregon seems to be full of depressed and/or angry people. went down to Eugene one time and found a lot of depressed kids sitting on benches, panhandling, stoned and "depleted" looking. Beautiful little city with the University of Oregon campus so tucked away. Quiet. Kids acted post-apocalyptic.

So, the young folks in Beaverton, Corvallis have the same arrogance as Seattle? I think Portland is a "Seattle Wanna be". No sales tax is nice but they make up for it somewhere else. Are you living in Portland now?

I live in the SF Bay Area.  Grew up in cental Wa State.  Seattle is an SF wannabe.

Bring on al-Qaeda, I've got sumpthin' fer 'em