• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

10/12 guest not announced yet?

Started by chandlerkaiden, October 12, 2015, 11:03:02 AM

New here, first post.  I'm surprised Art's site hasn't announced this evening's guest yet.  He's been really consistent with this since the beginning of MITD (I watch carefully cause I look forward to it all day).  Gets me wondering whether he's had more vandalism at his studio or something.  Can't imagine why else there's radio silence regarding tonight's program so far, today... hopefully all is well.  Either that, or it's a big name, and he doesn't want any last-minute interference with the interview.  He has been tight-lipped about the schedule since day one, this incarnation of the show.

Juan

Maybe the guest will be sNoory who will dump on Cheap Channel and the mist chambers.

Wintermute

Art's SXM show used to post a weekly schedule to start. Then C2C started poaching and coercing Art's scheduled guests. After that, SXM show only put out 1-2 days a head of time. For MiTD, it seems Art has continued to keep it hush-hush.

AppealPlay

Quote from: Wintermute on October 12, 2015, 11:58:21 AM
Art's SXM show used to post a weekly schedule to start. Then C2C started poaching and coercing Art's scheduled guests. After that, SXM show only put out 1-2 days a head of time. For MiTD, it seems Art has continued to keep it hush-hush.

It's infuriating that Dave & Co. continue to play dirty pool.

ItsOver

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on October 12, 2015, 11:45:25 AM
COMMENCE THE WORRYING
Yep, time for this week's episode of "As the Desert Turns."  "When we last joined MITD, Leo had a meltdown and stormed out of town, leaving Amy to seek a new life as Leo's replacement.  Dave Noorie continued with his never-ending smarminess and devilish plans, while his inherent stupidity continues to amuse.  Pahrump-place continues to be a source of comfort for our hero, Art, who is busy preparing for Ghost to Ghost, along with the super hero assistance of The One Previously Known as Redacted.  Meanwhile, in the realm of the super cool quirkiness of the cyberworld, Camarotz Automat is MIA.  Will MV continue to amuse us with his avatars?  Will RCH ever find a place without a 19.5 significance?  Will Dave Noorie ever not suck?  Tune in to the next episode of.... "As the Desert Turns."

BobGrau

Quote from: ItsOver on October 12, 2015, 12:12:51 PM
Yep, time for this week's episode of "As the Desert Turns."  "When we last joined MITD, Leo had a meltdown and stormed out of town, leaving Amy to seek a new life as Leo's replacement.  Dave Noorie continued with his never-ending smarminess and devilish plans, while his inherent stupidity continues to amuse.  Pahrump-place continues to be a source of comfort for our hero, Art, who is busy preparing for Ghost to Ghost, along with the super hero assistance of The One Previously Known as Redacted.  Meanwhile, in the realm of the super cool quirkiness of the cyberworld, Camarotz Automat is MIA.  Will MV continue to amuse us with his avatars?  Will RCH ever find a place without a 19.5 significance?  Will Dave Noorie ever not suck?  Tune in to the next episode of.... "As the Desert Turns."

You forgot Rossy getting thrown clear of the torsion loop.

AppealPlay

Quote from: BobGrau on October 12, 2015, 12:51:56 PM

You forgot Rossy getting thrown clear of the torsion loop.

It's a conshpirashy! ;D

AppealPlay

We can be calm, now.  It's Terrence McKenna's brother, Dennis.

ItsOver

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on October 12, 2015, 01:00:40 PM
We can be calm, now.  It's Terrence McKenna's brother, Dennis.
Whew!  I won't have to O.D. on Xanax this week.

Wintermute

Dr. Dennis McKenna... Dr Shroom-hunter... hahaha.

3:1 odds McKenna is trippin' balls on air.

Wasn't particularly worried.  Just curious, and people here seem to follow things pretty closely--easier to go to the hive mind, sometimes.  Seems Art's had a lot of interference.  Though he also seems to relish getting the better of it.  Adds a dimension of social entertainment to a program that's kept me interested on its own merits.  This guy ought to be fascinating.  The subject is just so important... will be glad to have a serious guest addressing it.  It's been brought up pretty regularly by callers, but... doesn't remotely do it justice.

Quote from: ItsOver on October 12, 2015, 12:12:51 PM

This was actually pretty funny.  Jeezus, a lot HAS happened.  As I said... the social side of this is as entertaining as the program itself.  I'd feel kind of bad for Art if I didn't think he enjoyed it, on some level.

AppealPlay

Quote from: chandlerkaiden on October 12, 2015, 01:39:13 PM
This was actually pretty funny.  Jeezus, a lot HAS happened.  As I said... the social side of this is as entertaining as the program itself.  I'd feel kind of bad for Art if I didn't think he enjoyed it, on some level.

Art does definitely seem to enjoy a little drama. 8)

ItsOver

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on October 12, 2015, 01:40:21 PM
Art does definitely seem to enjoy a little drama. 8)
It's certainly more variety of intrigue than the pre-MITD days of wall-to-wall BG "Dave Noorie sucks!," without the post-Sirius days of Jess heartbreak.  Yet.

b_dubb

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on October 12, 2015, 11:45:25 AM
COMMENCE THE WORRYING
<sarcasm>OMFG ART IS GOING TO QUIT AGAIN!!!!!</sarcasm>

eek

Quote from: b_dubb on October 12, 2015, 02:53:38 PM
<sarcasm>OMFG ART IS GOING TO QUIT AGAIN!!!!!</sarcasm>

eek

God, I hope not.  At this point, if money got tight, I'd cancel Netflix before I'd cancel my MITD archives subscription.  Having him back is like having a favorite TV show that makes a new episode every day of the week.  Gets me through work, the nights I don't catch it live.

starrmtn001

It's up now.

Mon Oct 12 â€" Dr. Dennis J. McKenna â€" Psychedelic Research
October 12, 2015
Websites: brotherhoodofthescreamingabyss.com heffter.org Dr. Dennis McKenna’s research has focused on the interdisciplinary study of Amazonian ethnopharmacology and plant hallucinogens. He has conducted extensive ethnobotanical fieldwork in the Peruvian, Colombian, and Brasilian Amazon. His doctoral research…
http://artbell.com/

Uncle Duke

Quote from: starrmtn001 on October 12, 2015, 04:01:06 PM
It's up now.

Mon Oct 12 â€" Dr. Dennis J. McKenna â€" Psychedelic Research
October 12, 2015
Websites: brotherhoodofthescreamingabyss.com heffter.org Dr. Dennis McKenna’s research has focused on the interdisciplinary study of Amazonian ethnopharmacology and plant hallucinogens. He has conducted extensive ethnobotanical fieldwork in the Peruvian, Colombian, and Brasilian Amazon. His doctoral research…
http://artbell.com/

Probably listeners who like this type of guest, but not my cup of tea.  Maybe tomorrow night....sigh.

Claudius

Quote from: Uncle Duke on October 12, 2015, 04:53:48 PM
Probably listeners who like this type of guest, but not my cup of tea.  Maybe tomorrow night....sigh.
/agree
These kinds of people are a bit too quacky for my liking.

scottydawg

I think tonite is the Columbus Day Curse! Art's Guest is gonna suck ::), and Jorch is talking about the "Shemitah" bullshit again! :o
Quick Braaapman! To the Archives Cave! ;D

AppealPlay

Oh, I don't know, it could be entertaining.  The DMT folks are usually pretty weird and far out there so I imagine it will be worth a listen.

starrmtn001

I've always enjoyed listening to both Terrance and Dennis.  But that's just me.  ;)

TigerLily

Quote from: starrmtn001 on October 12, 2015, 05:15:50 PM
I've always enjoyed listening to both Terrance and Dennis.  But that's just me.  ;)
I'm really looking forward to Dennis. May Terrence be attending his brother and us from his new home in the Cosmic Universe

albrecht

Though I liked Terrence's shows I think his brother is more grounded and a little less 'woo-woo' or hippie-like and he has valid degrees. "Inner space" is just as interesting to me as outer space, so I think it will be a good show. I recall there was some guest talking on these subjects with Ian some years ago and sounded like he was on whatever substances he was talking about, kept stuttering, making odd comments, blank silences, etc. I think, like the guest the other night, it turned out he had some medical condition on air.

BobGrau

Hope Aldous joins the live thread for this one.

starrmtn001

Quote from: BobGrau on October 12, 2015, 06:10:29 PM
Hope Aldous joins the live thread for this one.
So do I!  Maybe someone should PM him and give him the heads up. ;)

paladin1991

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on October 12, 2015, 12:07:35 PM
It's infuriating that Dave & Co. continue to play dirty pool.

It is because their shit is weak.

paladin1991

Quote from: Uncle Duke on October 12, 2015, 04:53:48 PM
Time to hit the archive.

I don't know... I'd disagree that this topic is somehow unworthy of a serious look.  Granted, this is one that's dear to my heart.  But when it comes to psychedelics and mind-altering chemicals/"substances"--natural or manufactured--I think this deserves serious, objective treatment.  It seems that the problem, right now, is that this issue is highly polarizing.  The vast majority of the debate occurs between camps that have agendas that are political or social in nature.  Conversation quickly degrades to the ideological, rather than the scientific or the spiritual.  Not that such fair treatments don't exist... but they tend to be out-shouted by demagogues on either side of the spectrum.  I look forward to this one.

And I commend the quality of MITD guests, to date.  Tonight is evidence of that standard.  We've heard a LOT of experts with terminal degrees in their respective fields.  That's pretty cool.  If there's anybody I trust to lead an audience through... a person's history and story, their expertise, their research and conclusions... it's Art.

Not sure whether this will be as platinum an interview as, say, Steven Starr (which was a nightmare-inducing night).  But I think it'd be a shame to miss this one live.  Gonna chain-drink the Diet Cokes, this evening.  I think it'll be worth it.