• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150720 - Art Bell's Official Return - Graham Hancock

Started by MV/Liberace!, July 20, 2015, 11:36:43 AM

Asadora

Hey ya'll,

I am on the third hour of the show on playback, as I'm a Time Traveler.
But I haven't heard the paranormal news at the bottom of the hour, or is that part not included on the time traveler playback?

So, not sure if I'm missing it or it's just not on the playback or what. Is there somewhere where there is a catch up the news in text format or something?

I'm not complaining at all, just don't want to miss out.
xx

Kind Regards,
Asa.

NoMoreNoory

Fantastic opener for Art last night (minor tech glitches notwithstanding). Congratulations, sir! Very noticeable how Hancock came alive with Art versus his appearances on The Other Show, as the small amount of Paulides with Dave that I heard suggested he nose-dived (again) versus his shows with Knapp which were always gripping. Dave Noorie: The Lowest Common Denominator of Suck.
It was great to hear an interview flow as a conversation, weaving from topic to topic with intelligence and wit. Sorry to keep mentioning him, but can you imagine Dave chatting amiably with Hancock about being baked 16 hours a day and laughing at the notion of spending a day writing one paragraph. Same goes for the ayahuasca discussion.
I love the international calls - Australia, The Phillippines, Scotland.
And I will definitely vote in favour of the 'paranormal news'. I've long railed against Noory's self-indulgent reporting of news that has been on every other news outlet all day, and frequently reporting stories that are 48 hours or more old just because he wants to play 'Let's Pretend We're Walter Cronkite'. I've always argued that C2C should be covering the news you don't hear elsewhere and specifically the news that relates to the show's remit. So, while there will be judgements about presentation and content to be made in the days and weeks ahead, I'm very happy that MITD is doing just that

Jackstar

Quote from: ChandlersDad on July 20, 2015, 10:41:11 PM
Graham and Art,

Please do not use this show to talk about South American drug trips again. Graham seems to have gone from an archeologist to a drug head.

Zetaspeak

My thoughts on the return show. Of course my heart jumped into my throat when technical difficulties happened and then when Graham lost his skype connection I thought "uh oh" But thank goodnesss everything got cleared up pretty quick.

The show reminded me how good an interviewer Art is, it always sounds like he's have a discussion not asking questions from a prepared list. Rose first caller in was classic, can't wait for open lines, which I haven't said in a while.

I know some criticism of the number of commercials, I don't mind it, it wasn't too bad and the show needs it's cashflow to keep the standards up with technology. I really like the DMnews at the bottom of the hour. It reminded me of the crypto news back in the day (Before Noory ruined that)

As critical I was with Dave and C2C, I still listen to it out of habit. Last night, it never even crossed my mind to see what was going on on C2C. An interesting comparison is following DMTalk vs C2CAM on twitter. DMTalk was having a constant flow through out the show, while C2C might have half a dozen of comments an hour. Big advantage DMTalk

Quote from: Asadora on July 21, 2015, 10:05:13 AM
Hey ya'll,

But I haven't heard the paranormal news at the bottom of the hour, or is that part not included on the time traveler playback?

So, not sure if I'm missing it or it's just not on the playback or what. Is there somewhere where there is a catch up the news in text format or something?

xx

Kind Regards,
Asa.

Yep no world news on the podcast. Hope that gets worked in. Also, maybe a pre-recorded intro attached to all if the plan is not to air "the chase" open.

I loved this interview. The more I opened my mind years ago the more I realized we're all controlled like robots. Free will should be just that.

If only there could be an agreed upon balance.

gx2music

Quote from: Jackstar on July 21, 2015, 12:19:19 PM

The drug talk was pure Hancock.  This is Art at his very best - he teases it out , and let's the guest state their world view.  Art is very good at letting YOU the audience decide. 

God that first show was fantastic.   It was 5am here in the UK.  Having bacon , sausages and Art before I catch a train to London at 7:30am.    My breakfast radio has turned into utter heaven. Thank you Art. 

hitchhiker

I just started listening to the feed of Hoagland's show. Boy, his voice sounds different. Either he has a cold or like the rest of us, he's just getting old.

henge0stone

UFOs to comets to Pyramids to pot to aliens. Man we really took a ride last night with Art and Graham and Rose of course :))

zeebo

Quote from: Zetaspeak on July 21, 2015, 01:35:57 PM
As critical I was with Dave and C2C, I still listen to it out of habit. Last night, it never even crossed my mind to see what was going on on C2C. ...

Same for me.  I just totally blanked out and forgot c2c was even on.  A most pleasant change!

ItsOver

Dave?  Who's Dave?  Never heard of him.

He's longing for his glory days in the GNS thread.

Mastodonkey

Last night was a 10/10 show. I'm on my third listen.

Gassy Man

Quote from: Zetaspeak on July 21, 2015, 01:35:57 PM
My thoughts on the return show. Of course my heart jumped into my throat when technical difficulties happened and then when Graham lost his skype connection I thought "uh oh" But thank goodnesss everything got cleared up pretty quick.

The show reminded me how good an interviewer Art is, it always sounds like he's have a discussion not asking questions from a prepared list. Rose first caller in was classic, can't wait for open lines, which I haven't said in a while.

I know some criticism of the number of commercials, I don't mind it, it wasn't too bad and the show needs it's cashflow to keep the standards up with technology. I really like the DMnews at the bottom of the hour. It reminded me of the crypto news back in the day (Before Noory ruined that)

As critical I was with Dave and C2C, I still listen to it out of habit. Last night, it never even crossed my mind to see what was going on on C2C. An interesting comparison is following DMTalk vs C2CAM on twitter. DMTalk was having a constant flow through out the show, while C2C might have half a dozen of comments an hour. Big advantage DMTalk
Art is easily the best interviewer out there.

I did pop over to the other show for a bit.  What's his face was basically doing business as usual.  It was some sort of tedious political discussion.  He seemed to be trying to step up the game a bit (i.e. pay attention to what the other person was saying), but I quickly left.

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: ItsOver on July 21, 2015, 03:18:45 PM
Dave?  Who's Dave?  Never heard of him.

He's longing for his glory days in the GNS thread.

Good point, this. It occurred to me as well. Almost nothing was added to the GNS thread last night and, as much as he claimed to hate the Rat-Eaters and Thuh Haturz, you can bet he's going to hate being ignored even more.

Asadora

Quote from: ASC on July 21, 2015, 01:37:25 PM
Yep no world news on the podcast. Hope that gets worked in. Also, maybe a pre-recorded intro attached to all if the plan is not to air "the chase" open.

I loved this interview. The more I opened my mind years ago the more I realized we're all controlled like robots. Free will should be just that.

If only there could be an agreed upon balance.

Well, I emailed about the news on the playback and this is the reply from Keith:

the news is not in the archives, as it would get stale after a week or so. waste of time and space.

Best Regards,

Keith Rowland
Dark Matter Digital Network

-end of email--

If it was such a waste of time and space, then why do it in the first place?
For the news to be at the bottom of the hour and it's cut out of the playback, then you aren't really getting a full show - and yes, I know it's 5USD a month, but I paid all of my £3, so I'd like all of the show please.

Or is that just me?

Keith's kind of stone wall like that with all his replies to me on other things. I'm guessing many more people need to hammer it home to him before he makes any changes.

EvB

Am  i the only one who's had trouble getting the 2nd and 3rd segment of this show?   ???

Asadora

Quote from: ASC on July 21, 2015, 07:35:53 PM
Keith's kind of stone wall like that with all his replies to me on other things. I'm guessing many more people need to hammer it home to him before he makes any changes.

I think it's only right for people to know before they pay for something they may be lead to believe it's the 'whole show' when in fact... it's not. It's the principle of the matter.
Had I know that the paranormal news wouldn't be included in the playbacks, then I would not have subscribed.

I'm in England and I can't move my whole life around to listen to a program live that starts at 5am. I love listening to Art, but not just half of it, cause then I feel left out - I can't talk about the paranormal new, because I didn't hear it - so...no fun for me and why should I pay even a small amount to only get something that isn't a complete whole?

bah.
:/

Quote from: Asadora on July 21, 2015, 07:30:06 PM

If it was such a waste of time and space, then why do it in the first place?
For the news to be at the bottom of the hour and it's cut out of the playback, then you aren't really getting a full show - and yes, I know it's 5USD a month, but I paid all of my £3, so I'd like all of the show please.

Or is that just me?

I think they're taking the longer view, down the road a few months or even years when the mention of something like a flyby of Pluto would be very, very stale. Art knows very well he's got shows circulating out there from the early nineties, which makes it seem like this was an idea that was discussed and rejected. It's about 5 minutes out of the show, I think? You're still getting a full show of Art interviewing his guest. Maybe eventually he'll change his mind and put it in if enough people want it. 

Asadora

Quote from: EvB on July 21, 2015, 07:44:33 PM
Am  i the only one who's had trouble getting the 2nd and 3rd segment of this show?   ???

Hour 1 played all the way through fine for me. But hour 2 and 3 I had to reload a couple of times from the start in order to listen to the whole... 'hour'
Well, 40 mins... as there is no paranormal news included.

How.. can it be a waste... Rosewell happened years ago and people are still talking about that... and even adding new spins on the whole thing....
Paranormal news is never a waste of time nor space.

Goodness me.

Sorry for the mini-rant... it just happened:/

Quote from: EvB on July 21, 2015, 07:44:33 PM

Working ok for me. Are you listening directly or downloading? I haven't tried to download it yet.

Asadora

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on July 21, 2015, 07:47:50 PM
I think they're taking the longer view, down the road a few months or even years when the mention of something like a flyby of Pluto would be very, very stale. Art knows very well he's got shows circulating out there from the early nineties, which makes it seem like this was an idea that was discussed and rejected. It's about 5 minutes out of the show, I think? You're still getting a full show of Art interviewing his guest. Maybe eventually he'll change his mind and put it in if enough people want it.

I think in this instance from my perspective the message could have been worded better.
Just because it's the Internet doesn't mean good customer communications wastes time nor space either - despite whatever realm it is.

Oh well. That's just me.

Quote from: Asadora on July 21, 2015, 07:52:43 PM
I think in this instance from my perspective the message could have been worded better.
Just because it's the Internet doesn't mean good customer communications wastes time nor space either - despite whatever realm it is.

Oh well. That's just me.

Yeah, sometimes the way something is worded makes all the difference. I'd continue to ask for it to be included. You never know, if enough people want it, maybe they'll change their minds.

EvB

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on July 21, 2015, 07:51:11 PM
Working ok for me. Are you listening directly or downloading? I haven't tried to download it yet.

Direct - I'll try again.

Asadora

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on July 21, 2015, 07:54:06 PM
Yeah, sometimes the way something is worded makes all the difference. I'd continue to ask for it to be included. You never know, if enough people want it, maybe they'll change their minds.

I already cancelled my subscription.
Either all or nothing, I'm sure Art would totally understand that - haha.

For the rest of ya'll that can listen live which does include the paranormal news, you are fortunate!

;)

kennedymaure

Quote from: Asadora on July 21, 2015, 10:05:13 AM
Hey ya'll,

xx

Kind Regards,
Asa.

Third hour playback on darkmatter quit working on me too. I cant listen to him live because I am incapable of staying up past 1:00 AM - so I have to be a time traveler if I want to listen to Art. $5.00 a month is cheaper than netflix and I will actually use this subscription but this could get irritating. The guys voice stopped in the middle of a sentence... 

kennedymaure

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on July 21, 2015, 07:51:11 PM
Third hour quit playing back about 1 minute and 30 seconds in.

kennedymaure

Quote from: trostol on July 21, 2015, 01:57:15 AM
i really have no idea what he is rambling about

we went to the moon but conspiracy says we didnt? cause of ...ALIENS!!!!
Your avatar is giving me nightmares.

Asadora

Moon? Whaa? That happened ages ago, it's just a waste of time and space now!!

(I'm joking..can't resist a good wordy pun or linkages!)

;)