• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

albrecht

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 08, 2019, 11:09:36 AM
AB on NPR
Radio Host Art Bell's Vault Now Online

https://www.npr.org/2019/09/07/758578026/radio-host-art-bells-vault-now-online
I like how NPR takes a dig at Alex. Art never liked him but the more fun feud was between Cooper and Art, while Alex was just starting out and they already established their dominion on the air waves. 

Too bad NPR doesn't know the real archives of Art was developed at BG and there are sites and torrent already with archives. Though I hope the C2C Archive brings out some "new" old Art, extra hours, etc. 

albrecht

The Bigfoot's face looks odd but a nice mural for Art. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BiDGVp-Hfpo/?utm_source=ig_embed

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: albrecht on September 10, 2019, 07:45:47 PM
The Bigfoot's face looks odd but a nice mural for Art. 

NPC Bigfoot

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Liberace! on September 10, 2019, 08:14:21 PM
NPC Bigfoot

Totally! Now it’s effecting species that aren’t even real. :o

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 11, 2019, 01:02:32 AM
Totally! Now it’s effecting species that aren’t even real. :o

When I see a Bigfoot with skinny jeans and an unconvincing, ironic beard, I'm punching out.

albrecht

Quote from: Liberace! on September 10, 2019, 08:14:21 PM
NPC Bigfoot
Ha. Some pressure group or City Council Elders decided the original Bigfoot was racist or not-PC and so the "artist" had to modify? Maybe? Maybe not since they allowed the US flag rendition?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: albrecht on September 11, 2019, 09:12:27 PM
Ha. Some pressure group or City Council Elders decided the original Bigfoot was racist or not-PC and so the "artist" had to modify? Maybe? Maybe not since they allowed the US flag rendition?

BigFoot... if ever there's been a case of toxic masculinity...

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 08, 2019, 11:09:36 AM
AB on NPR
Radio Host Art Bell's Vault Now Online

https://www.npr.org/2019/09/07/758578026/radio-host-art-bells-vault-now-online

20 shows. I think they are all pretty easily available online. Wish they would release some that haven’t been aired since original air date. Apparently they are going to be adding to it.

novat0

Looking for the best Ghost to Ghost shows for a re-listen over the next couple of weeks.  In your opinions, which G2G shows were the best?

BettyO417

;D Well Hello Vaguely Loveables! It’s been a while, but so great to see the best of the best back together and thriving! 🤣
And to my fren Richard Groyper who has always been misunderstood a You Tube Phenom! How proud we all mst be! Congratulations Richard!
And Michael/Liberace how are you & the Family? Are you still at the hierarchy of the Forum?

Be well everyone, looking forward to dropping in more often...

By the way, Is Art Back Yet? Asking for a friend... 😎

Quote from: BettyO417 on October 22, 2019, 11:47:06 AM
;D Well Hello Vaguely Loveables! It’s been a while, but so great to see the best of the best back together and thriving! 🤣
And to my fren Richard Groyper who has always been misunderstood a You Tube Phenom! How proud we all mst be! Congratulations Richard!
And Michael/Liberace how are you & the Family? Are you still at the hierarchy of the Forum?

you see, BettyO gets it. thank you very much.  ;D

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: BettyO417 on October 22, 2019, 11:47:06 AM

The fam is great. My 7 year old had a doctor's appointment today which had me worried, but she's got that special Liberace dna which means she's gonna be just fine. Relief. And thanks for asking!

And yep. I'm still Lord of this manor, and collector of the bounty of poon it affords me.

albrecht

Quote from: novat0 on October 20, 2019, 12:45:10 PM
Looking for the best Ghost to Ghost shows for a re-listen over the next couple of weeks.  In your opinions, which G2G shows were the best?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6iTWKh-evA 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ptzuzgp46_A 

aldousburbank

Listening to Art on Somewhere In Time during our third power outage this month is kind of cool.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 26, 2019, 08:13:52 PM
Listening to Art on Somewhere In Time during our third power outage this month is kind of cool.

Why not start a militia in your down time?

albrecht

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 26, 2019, 08:13:52 PM
Make sure to send a "thank you" to Bob at the C.Crane Company that allows you to receive broadcasts during the blackout(s.)  ;)

Juan

One of the callers to SWIT last night suggested rounding up the illegal aliens and shipping them to refugee camps in Afghanistan. Let the two cultures fight it out and leave us alone. Still sounds good.

ItsOver

Quote from: Juan on October 27, 2019, 07:40:32 AM
One of the callers to SWIT last night suggested rounding up the illegal aliens and shipping them to refugee camps in Afghanistan. Let the two cultures fight it out and leave us alone. Still sounds good.
I like it.  So "inclusive."  At least for the two cultures. ;)  ;D

DanTSX

Quote from: Liberace! on September 02, 2019, 03:11:21 AM
Art reeeeeally wanted me to give him TheOne's IP logs. Also DarkPenguin and KingOfKings. Those three owe me.

Actually, weren't DP and KoK the same guy? I can't remember.

You people have no idea what kind of bullcrap I was fending off behind the scenes while this place was still on Art's radar.

Looking back, I wish Art had never become directly involved with BellGab. I don't think it was good for the forum, ironically. I had the choice of regulating what could be said about Art or stepping back and letting things go as they naturally wanted to go. Option one would have enraged people. Option two did enrage people. Fuck it.

Never meet your heros.

Art was vaguely lovable.   

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Liberace! on September 02, 2019, 03:11:21 AM
Art reeeeeally wanted me to give him TheOne's IP logs. Also DarkPenguin and KingOfKings. Those three owe me.

Actually, weren't DP and KoK the same guy? I can't remember.

You people have no idea what kind of bullcrap I was fending off behind the scenes while this place was still on Art's radar.

Looking back, I wish Art had never become directly involved with BellGab. I don't think it was good for the forum, ironically. I had the choice of regulating what could be said about Art or stepping back and letting things go as they naturally wanted to go. Option one would have enraged people. Option two did enrage people. Fuck it.

This place isn't good for soft boomers or sensitive people in general.

This place was ironically bad for his health.

DanTSX

Quote from: username on October 28, 2019, 01:22:57 AM
This place isn't good for soft boomers or sensitive people in general.

Art got into the rich boomer trap of threatening legal action on anyone who miffed him.

He would had been a terrible neighbor.  He would be as bad of a neighbor as he would be a father.  It’s a good thing he lived out in the middle of fuck all on his own private trailer park / Indian Rez. 

DanTSX

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 26, 2019, 08:17:25 PM
Why not start a militia in your down time?

Implying this aReady hadn’t occurred...

Corona Kitty

Quote from: DanTSX on October 28, 2019, 06:08:18 AM
Art got into the rich boomer trap of threatening legal action on anyone who miffed him.

He would had been a terrible neighbor.  He would be as bad of a neighbor as he would be a father.  It’s a good thing he lived out in the middle of fuck all on his own private trailer park / Indian Rez.

I can't imagine ever suing anyone, you're absolutely right on that assessment.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: username on October 28, 2019, 01:22:57 AM

BellGab killed Art Bell.