• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

McPhallus

Deadly illnesses.  I just learned this evening that a relative (my cousin's husband) has, after months of medical diagnostics, finally been diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gherig's).  He's been given a 2-5 year diagnosis.  I only met him a couple of times, but he seemed like a good guy, and this news is sad.

HAL 9000

Quote from: analog kid on January 20, 2013, 09:56:17 PMI was on generics. Was on a med that was $1,000 per month (risperdal) before it went generic. It's a hassle to get prescriptions refilled too though. Doctor makes me go through a lot of costly unrelated examinations to get that script refilled every three months.

A couple of thoughts:

Dr./patient relationship: perhaps the reason your doc wants to see you every 3 months is the nature of the drug; as an antipsychotic drug used in treat of schizophrenia or bipolar disorders, it would be wise to follow you closer; therefore every 3 months sounds perfectly normal. Many physicians, my own included, work in a practice atmosphere where they will work with people of limited income. My doc's practice charges $10 office visit for those in extreme need (it's actually a sliding scale).

I have a website I have access to (professionally) in which I can find cheap prices for drugs in almost any area (just need a zip code). I checked out Risperdal/risperidone for you (generally dosage does not affect price), and 90 tabs were ~$36 ($443 BTW at CVS). That's $12 per month, which is less than a 24-pack case of cheap beer.

I would find it unusual, though not impossible, that an ER would hand out risperidone like candy, without a full psych evaluation. Anyways, now you know that it is possible to get many drugs often cheaper than a copay with insurance.

I do have a public website you can try - I looked at risperidone in my area, and a NINETY day supply of 4mg tabs was ~ $44 at Walmart. Check it out here:

http://www.goodrx.com/

I have personally used a similar service, in which I had an Rx for 180 Ambien 10mg (zolpidem), and regular price at many pharmacies was about $1.50-$2.00 per pill. I paid $17... for 180 of them at my local pharmacy. Google is your friend  ;)

Good luck.

Quote from: HAL 9000 on January 23, 2013, 12:24:27 AM
A couple of thoughts:

Dr./patient relationship: perhaps the reason your doc wants to see you every 3 months is the nature of the drug; as an antipsychotic drug used in treat of schizophrenia or bipolar disorders, it would be wise to follow you closer; therefore every 3 months sounds perfectly normal. Many physicians, my own included, work in a practice atmosphere where they will work with people of limited income. My doc's practice charges $10 office visit for those in extreme need (it's actually a sliding scale).

I have a website I have access to (professionally) in which I can find cheap prices for drugs in almost any area (just need a zip code). I checked out Risperdal/risperidone for you (generally dosage does not affect price), and 90 tabs were ~$36 ($443 BTW at CVS). That's $12 per month, which is less than a 24-pack case of cheap beer.

I would find it unusual, though not impossible, that an ER would hand out risperidone like candy, without a full psych evaluation. Anyways, now you know that it is possible to get many drugs often cheaper than a copay with insurance.

I do have a public website you can try - I looked at risperidone in my area, and a NINETY day supply of 4mg tabs was ~ $44 at Walmart. Check it out here:

I have personally used a similar service, in which I had an Rx for 180 Ambien 10mg (zolpidem), and regular price at many pharmacies was about $1.50-$2.00 per pill. I paid $17... for 180 of them at my local pharmacy. Google is your friend  ;)

Good luck.

Thanks!

One reason I am up at night is to deal with my wife's health issues and I did not know about this site.  Thanks.

HAL 9000

This is not a racial thing, though the great propensity involves blacks, though there are some white dudes too...

I hate NFL players with long hair down to the middle of their backs. If I were an owner or coach/manager, I would adopt a policy similar to the New York Yankees (though I generally hate the Yankees):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logos_and_uniforms_of_the_New_York_Yankees#Personal_appearance

I would also not put up with that Tim Lincecum et al. hair bullshit. Clean-cut, or you don't play for me.

According to NFL rules, it is legal to tackle by grabbing the hair (the so-called Ricky Williams rule).

Sardondi

Quote from: HAL 9000 on January 23, 2013, 01:07:58 AM
...I hate NFL players with long hair down to the middle of their backs. If I were an owner or coach/manager, I would adopt a policy similar to the New York Yankees (though I generally hate the Yankees):....

Yep. And not just the hair, which, like other styles, will change. (I'm waiting now for basketball shorts to begin the slow swing back to the 60's short-and-tights.)

Another fad of NFL (and NBA) players which irritates me no end is the massive tattoos. Idiots. Yeah, I'm sure they're gonna feel all super bad when they're 50 and fat(-ter) and their kids' generation have come to be repelled by tattoos and those who put them all over their body, even their neck, throat, hands and even face...

ItsOver

Quote from: Sardondi on January 23, 2013, 08:36:16 AM

.....Another fad of NFL (and NBA) players which irritates me no end is the massive tattoos. Idiots. Yeah, I'm sure they're gonna feel all super bad when they're 50 and fat(-ter) and their kids' generation have come to be repelled by tattoos and those who put them all over their body, even their neck, throat, hands and even face...

For those who went through the '70s, can you imagine having to STILL wear, every day, the SAME leisure suit, not being able to easily remove it?  :o 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ItsOver on January 23, 2013, 11:15:45 AM

For those who went through the '70s, can you imagine having to STILL wear, every day, the SAME leisure suit, not being able to easily remove it?  :o 

i'd be quite happy if this style came back.  i'd have a full closet of this shit.

ItsOver

Quote from: MV on January 23, 2013, 11:49:08 AM

i'd be quite happy if this style came back.  i'd have a full closet of this shit.

But if they were like tats, you'd still be stuck wearing the same suit, every day, and a "rebel" fighting the fashionistas.  ;)

Quote from: ItsOver on January 23, 2013, 11:15:45 AM

Sad but true story:  when I was in 7th grade, my father and I had matching powder-blue leisure suits.  I wonder why I wasn't more popular with my female classmates back then (1975).  ;)

Marc.Knight

Quote from: McPhallus on January 22, 2013, 08:39:41 PM
As long as she doesn't gag.

Your avatar looks like a Noory wannabe.

ItsOver

Quote from: West of the Rockies on January 23, 2013, 12:39:45 PM
Sad but true story:  when I was in 7th grade, my father and I had matching powder-blue leisure suits.  I wonder why I wasn't more popular with my female classmates back then (1975).  ;)

My favorite was an electric blue, double-knit leisure suit, bright enough to scorch your eyes.  Makes me itch just thinking about it.

I asked a lady recently what she saw in having so many tatoos.  Her response was "I like to be different."  I hope she feels the same in 20 years because she'll definitely be different then among the younger folks.

Quote from: ItsOver on January 23, 2013, 12:59:12 PM
...  Her response was "I like to be different."...

That always seems to be the response when people are following some oddball trend.  How about DON'T get a tattoo, that would be different.

I have yet to see one I like or that looks good.  The colored ones are the worst.  Around here some shop is offering 49er tats for $49.  Apparently that's a great deal and people are lining up.

Eddie Coyle

Whenever I want to make someone paranoid or having dubious thoughts or just take the air out of their sails, I unfurl the good old "you know (fill in blank with notorious person)used to do that" or some variant.

So for tattoos, I use the "You know, Hitler forcibly tattooed people in the camps, you think some Holocaust survivor would appreciate yours? "

analog kid

Quote from: HAL 9000 on January 23, 2013, 12:24:27 AM
A couple of thoughts:

Good luck.

Holy crap, that's amazing. Thanks very much for that.

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 23, 2013, 01:20:43 PM

That always seems to be the response when people are following some oddball trend.  How about DON'T get a tattoo, that would be different.

I have yet to see one I like or that looks good.  The colored ones are the worst.  Around here some shop is offering 49er tats for $49.  Apparently that's a great deal and people are lining up.

I've heard that tattoo ink is not in any way regulated (such as by the FDA).  It can contain as many as 17 different heavy metals, including lead and arsenic.  The worst (most harmful) is said to be white tattoo ink. 

McPhallus

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 23, 2013, 01:20:43 PM

I love people who insist on being "different" by aligning themselves with the hordes of people who are also being "different."

Oh, and these people who refer to it as "body art" instead of what it really is: graffiti.

McPhallus

Quote from: Marc knight on January 23, 2013, 12:54:26 PM

Your avatar looks like a Noory wannabe.

Perhaps, although that guy probably has more functional brain capacity than Noory.

I just heard my first Valentimes Day ad of the new year

Marc.Knight

When grocery stores repackage and mix old hamburger in with fresh hamburger and sell it as fresh hamburger.

Eddie Coyle

"Hit me up on Twitter"

I wish death on anyone who says it. Painful, drawn out death.

Quote from: Marc knight on January 25, 2013, 10:36:21 AM
When grocery stores repackage and mix old hamburger in with fresh hamburger and sell it as fresh hamburger.

Eeeeeuuuuu, isn't that illegal?

ChewMouse

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Treading Water on January 25, 2013, 11:36:50 AM

Eeeeeuuuuu, isn't that illegal?

Not necessarily.  Ever notice your hamburger is part gray and part red?  The gray, older parts just happen to be clumped in the middle and surrounded by the red (fresh) parts.

ziznak

Cook the shit out of it and add some pepper and garlic salt you can't tell the difference!

Imconfused

I am annoyed by human beans in general.

McPhallus

Not sure if serious.  But wouldn't the color be a result of cooking?

Quote from: Marc knight on January 25, 2013, 01:02:21 PM

Not necessarily.  Ever notice your hamburger is part gray and part red?  The gray, older parts just happen to be clumped in the middle and surrounded by the red (fresh) parts.

Quote from: McPhallus on January 26, 2013, 01:07:07 AM
Not sure if serious.  But wouldn't the color be a result of cooking?

It could also be oxidation or fake coloring added to the outside to make the meat look red.  Oxidation makes meat gray but generally happens outside-in.