• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Nice Little Facts

Started by MV/Liberace!, June 20, 2014, 04:56:20 PM

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on August 12, 2014, 10:14:33 PM
Uncle made my cousins.

My uncle made Megan's list.  We don't talk about it much.

pate

Sputnik 1 was the first artificial satellite

Some chiropractors specialize in working with animals

The greatest Canadian warplane ever made and possibly the World's most advanced interceptor at the time, the Avro Arrow, was rolled out the same day Sputnik I was launched.   As a result it received little of the media attention that day.  The launch of Sputnik also signaled the era of ballistic missiles, which led many to believe interceptors were obsolete.  The Avro Arrow was ultimately cancelled with all completed planes and blueprints destroyed.  Thirty-one of the engineers went on to work for NASA and the Apollo program while others went to work for NASA contractors.

Harry S Truman's inauguration for his second term was the first to be shown on television.
Not once in the Humpty Dumpty nursery rhyme does it mention that he’s an egg.
Pluto never made a full orbit around the sun from the time it was discovered to when it was declassified as a planet.
The toy Barbie‘s full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts.

zeebo

The word "crisp" starts in the back of your mouth, and moves towards the front.  Try it, it's fun.

jazmunda

Quote from: zeebo on August 13, 2014, 01:20:01 AM
The word "crisp" starts in the back of your mouth, and moves towards the front.  Try it, it's fun.

Holy shit balls.

jazmunda

Quote from: pate on August 12, 2014, 11:27:26 PM
Sputnik 1 was the first artificial satellite

Some Coast alum might disagree with that. Ever heard of a little ball called the moon.

jazmunda

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 12, 2014, 11:28:04 PM
Some chiropractors specialize in working with animals

Reported. Sicko.

wr250

Quote from: jazmunda on August 13, 2014, 02:33:16 AM
Some Coast alum might disagree with that. Ever heard of a little ball called the moon.

only if the moon is artificial.

Quote from: wr250 on August 13, 2014, 05:35:38 AM
only if the moon is artificial.

Of course.  It was built as a life boat for the former inhabitants of Mars.  Dave Noorie and Dick Hoagland learned me real good.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on August 13, 2014, 09:44:59 AM
Of course.  It was built as a life boat for the former inhabitants of Mars.  Dave Noorie and Dick Hoagland learned me real good.

It's actually hollow and an alien spaceship that came from a place far far away...David Icke has 'vidence. Hoagland is just hitching his wagon to the  great troof.

Yorkshire pud

The saying about cats having nine lives, relates to them falling from heights that would seemingly kill them. A cat (a healthy one, not an overweight overfed one) dropped from above about six feet will spin round to be feet down. That isn't the only reason it doesn't get killed. It doesn't exceed it's terminal velocity (The way humans do if they fall from high windows) so won't get killed.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 13, 2014, 12:48:25 PM
It doesn't exceed it's terminal velocity (The way humans do if they fall from high windows) so won't get killed.

If you can't kill a cat by dropping it, you're not trying hard enough.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 13, 2014, 12:48:25 PM
The saying about cats having nine lives, relates to them falling from heights that would seemingly kill them. A cat (a healthy one, not an overweight overfed one) dropped from above about six feet will spin round to be feet down. That isn't the only reason it doesn't get killed. It doesn't exceed it's terminal velocity (The way humans do if they fall from high windows) so won't get killed.

They also turn their bodies into little rudimentary parachutes by arching their backs.  It doesn't slow them down much, but apparently it's enough to help them land without serious injury from reasonable heights.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 13, 2014, 12:35:08 PM
It's actually hollow and an alien spaceship that came from a place far far away...David Icke has 'vidence. Hoagland is just hitching his wagon to the  great troof.

I just skimmed the night before the exam.  I guess I got my extraterrestrial migration histories a little crossed up.

b_dubb

I called Larry Flynt. Was that wrong?

zeebo

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on August 13, 2014, 09:44:59 AM

I thought it was built for that big crystal dome (I think it's an opera house, personally).

zeebo

The oceanic pole of inaccessibility, a.k.a. "Point Nemo", is the point in the ocean farthest from any land.  It's at coordinate 48°52.6′S 123°23.6′W in the South Pacific Ocean.  If you visit, you’ll be in the middle of over 22 million square km of ocean, an area larger than the entire former Soviet Union.

BobGrau

Quote from: zeebo on August 08, 2014, 05:24:57 PM

...Thank you CBS for being jerks and accidentally stopping Lucas from being a fool...

This sentence pretty much sums up The Human Condition.

"Soaking" is a practice used by some young Mormons to have premarital sex without pissing off God.  It goes like this: the dude "soaks" his pecker inside the chick without moving, because it's the motion that makes it a sin.

b_dubb

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on August 14, 2014, 11:17:34 AM
"Soaking" is a practice used by some young Mormons to have premarital sex without pissing off God.  It goes like this: the dude "soaks" his pecker inside the chick without moving, because it's the motion that makes it a sin.
This has to be a choice.  Mormons have their special super-painful underwear welded to their junk until marriage.

zeebo

Women blink nearly twice as much as men.  (I just thought they were flirting with me.)

jazmunda

Coconuts kill more people than sharks.

onan

Quote from: jazmunda on August 15, 2014, 04:31:57 AM
Yeah, but how many coconuts are killed by sharks?

jazmunda

Quote from: onan on August 15, 2014, 05:11:32 AM
Yeah, but how many coconuts are killed by sharks?

Surprisingly more sharks are killed by coconuts.

Yorkshire pud

George Burns and Larry Hagman both appeared in Ellery Queen Whodunnit...Ellery's father, a police inspector, never solved a murder. So how the hell did he get promoted? I need answers.

Quote from: jazmunda on August 15, 2014, 04:31:57 AM

Of course coconuts kill more people than sharks.  Sharks don't spend much time under coconut trees so they don't get killed as often.

See what I did there?