• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

aldousburbank

My teenage son got himself up into some poison oak while fishing on the back 40 here. He's at the dining table eating while feeling the burn and suddenly blurts out this revelation- "Wait, weed is not legal in all 50 states but poison oak is?"  A chip off the old block.

starrmtn001

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 01, 2017, 12:05:36 PM
My teenage son got himself up into some poison oak while fishing on the back 40 here. He's at the dining table eating while feeling the burn and suddenly blurts out this revelation- "Wait, weed is not legal in all 50 states but poison oak is?"  A chip off the old block.
Ah yes.  Genetic Excellence. ;) ;D

aldousburbank

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 01, 2017, 12:10:21 PM
Ah yes.  Genetic Excellence. ;) ;D

He's so much like me- except that he's handsome and smart.

Jackstar

Anyone who incessantly blathers "we will never know,"

A) totally knows, and
B) doesn't want you to.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Jackstar on September 03, 2017, 06:43:37 AM
Anyone who incessantly blathers "we will never know,"

A) totally knows, and
B) doesn't want you to.

That's rather unfair. I'm 100% positive that you're a stupid cunt.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 03, 2017, 06:54:49 AM
That's rather unfair. I'm 100% positive that you're a stupid cunt.

Unless you can form a complete theory about that you're just another crazy conspiracy theorist.  ::)

albrecht

What are the steroid and HGH laws in Botswana? And who comes up with the events for the "World's Strongest Man" contest? Do they do any piss or blood tests prior to competition? These guys are frigging yuuge.

GravitySucks

Never seen this before.  Citizens along a train route in Germany pull stunts to amuse the passengers.

https://i.imgur.com/mjczOvz.gifv

GravitySucks

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 03, 2017, 06:26:51 PM
Never seen this before.  Citizens along a train route in Germany pull stunts to amuse the passengers.

https://i.imgur.com/mjczOvz.gifv

Found a longer version on youtube.

https://youtu.be/wb594rs6a8s

chefist

Due to their usernames...I always get "Ace of Clubs" and "Wild Card" confused. Sorry.

albrecht

Pre-storm I went to stock up and noticed an odd thing. The cheapest beer at HEB, basically, was "Rolling Rock."* It was priced even under Busch, Keystone, etc. Very weird I thought. A buddy of mine mentioned this in Houston also and had texted me "when did RR become the 'cheap beer?' It was weird. I don't recall seeing it around in recent years but remember when it was introduced down here it was marketed as a premium beer brand- what with the 'glass-lined tanks' and this was before the beer boom of craft beers and even imports were, pretty, limited. And the green bottle, painted on labeling and mystery of "33" was interesting. And it went down well on a summer day. I googled and found out that is the typical corporate conglomeration and buyout situation and it is no longer being brewed in Latrobe or using the 'glass-lined tanks' for most runs. Now brewed in NJ, red-flag why cheaper, but tastes pretty much as I remember. Nothing great, but certainly better than the usually 'cheap beer.'

*note still not as cheap as certain BGers get cheap beer in their States. Texas is still a taxing fiend on alcohol. Thank you, Baptists, TABC, and merchants. But, roughly, $8 a 12pack.

Dr. MD MD

I heard Nikki Halley use the phrase abusive use of missiles and I thought this would be a good name for a punk or heavy metal band.

aldousburbank

Skeptics are the most zealous true believers.

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on September 04, 2017, 08:56:54 PM
Warning:  This voice might haunt you forever 

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ce4_1504565636

I think it's bad form in general to quote your own posts but my prediction may have proved correct.   

I dreamed of this woman last night...It went like this.   I was sitting in my cube at my gig working on this new functionality
I've been assigned.   All of a sudden I hear that voice  "WAN.....   Your code sucks......  It sucks......  It's full of bugs.......
WAN....  It's too slow...   It sucks.....   It's not optimized......   Your code sucks....

chefist

I heard Bear Grylls use the word, "slippy". I had never heard that before...only "slippery" or "slick".

Is "slippy" the common term in England? Reminded me of, "slurpee".

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: chefist on September 06, 2017, 03:45:14 PM
I heard Bear Grylls use the word, "slippy". I had never heard that before...only "slippery" or "slick".

Is "slippy" the common term in England? Reminded me of, "slurpee".

Yeah, slippy is used in the UK. Also slang for a limited slip differential.

chefist

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 06, 2017, 04:16:08 PM

At least it's not as diametrically opposed as fanny or fag.

Hog

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 06, 2017, 04:16:08 PM
AKA  a Posi.  Short for Positraction which was GM's branding of their clutch type LSD

A Slippy, learn something new everyday.

Are you a petrolhead Yorkshire?

peace
Hog

chefist

Quote from: Hog on September 06, 2017, 08:51:34 PM
AKA  a Posi.  Short for Positraction which was GM's branding of their clutch type LSD

A Slippy, learn something new everyday.

Are you a petrolhead Yorkshire?

peace
Hog

My dad had a 1973 Chevy Pickup...he called it, PosiTrac...it could go almost anywhere a 4x4 could go...interesting...

Looked like this: