• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

Quote from: littlechris on July 31, 2015, 12:25:39 AM
...  Richard Hoagland is a quack and an idiot...

How can you say something like that about Walter Cronkite's right hand man?

RoseGirl

Quote from: qaddisin on July 31, 2015, 12:36:35 AM
It wasn't my goal to tell you to keep your mouth shut. It was my goal to point something out. The beauty of this is that we both can express our opinions, and while we may not agree, we can still have a conversation about it. But it's also your right to walk away from the conversation if you don't like the path it goes down, and I can respect your decision to do so.

'express our opinions'? you suggested that I was crucifying someone.

qaddisin

Quote from: littlechris on July 31, 2015, 12:25:39 AM
George Noory gets ATTACKED(rightly so) for not doing basic show prep on his guests. But when RCH fails to do a basic internet search on his guest, all is good in the world.  Richard Hoagland is a quack and an idiot. That is exactly why he has no paying sponsors.

You're right, RCH is a quack and an idiot. And he has been doing this show all of a week and a half. I would cut Noory the same amount of slack if he had been doing his thing for that long, but he has about 650 more weeks under his belt than RCH. If it turns into that much of an issue, I'm sure Keith will remove him from the DMDN line up and replace The Other Side of Midnight with Bella Haven. I personally could care less either way.

littlechris

Quote from: qaddisin on July 31, 2015, 12:43:35 AM
You're right, RCH is a quack and an idiot. And he has been doing this show all of a week and a half. I would cut Noory the same amount of slack if he had been doing his thing for that long, but he has about 650 more weeks under his belt than RCH. If it turns into that much of an issue, I'm sure Keith will remove him from the DMDN line up and replace The Other Side of Midnight with Bella Haven. I personally could care less either way.

Riiiiiight.  Give RCH some slack because he only has one week of experience using google search, while noory has 650 weeks of google search experience.

qaddisin

Quote from: RoseGirl on July 31, 2015, 12:41:06 AM
'express our opinions'? you suggested that I was crucifying someone.

I had no idea that my choice of words would offend you. If it did, I apologize. But it seems that you're implying that RCH aided the man in his crimes, and should be punished just as harshly. I don't agree with that outlook.

nbirnes

Quote from: qaddisin on July 31, 2015, 12:43:35 AM

Just so we're all on the same page, I'm pretty sure Keith has absolutely nothing to do with Art's decisions on programming. I have no first-hand knowledge of Art at all, but I'm pretty sure this is his kingdom and he is the decision-maker in chief.

So that's that. We love our show and we love listening to Art.

qaddisin

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 31, 2015, 12:39:31 AM

WELL SAID.

Unless you edited your original post, I didn't see you say "shut your mouth".

That would've been uncalled for, but you didn't say that, right?

It's possible I could have unwittingly used buzz words that implied it, but it certainly was not my intention.

qaddisin

Quote from: nbirnes on July 31, 2015, 12:49:42 AM
Just so we're all on the same page, I'm pretty sure Keith has absolutely nothing to do with Art's decisions on programming. I have no first-hand knowledge of Art at all, but I'm pretty sure this is his kingdom and he is the decision-maker in chief.

So that's that. We love our show and we love listening to Art.

Keep on loving your show. Rock on with your bad self. I don't know the intricacies of the DMDN; if it's straightforward who calls the shots, or if it's some byzantine labyrinth of ritual and bureaucracy. I love listening to Art as well (some of his guests, not so much), so at least that is something we can all agree on.

coaster

I don't know if I have the energy for Hoagland tonight. I'll give it a few and see what happens.

ShayP

Quote from: coaster on July 31, 2015, 12:59:25 AM
I don't know if I have the energy for Hoagland tonight. I'll give it a few and see what happens.

You are strong.  I have faith.  :D

qaddisin

Quote from: coaster on July 31, 2015, 12:59:25 AM

Really, I'm just going to listen for the gaffes. Every time I was getting tired of the show the other night, something would happen that would have me laughing and it would pull me back in.

Dixon Bawls

"The Other Side of Midnight" starring a noisy leather chair!!

Dixon Bawls

Rich, when people complain about falling asleep during your show, this is not the solution they are looking for.

norland2424

Quote from: Dixon Bawls on July 31, 2015, 01:05:20 AM
Rich, when people complain about falling asleep during your show, this is not the solution they are looking for.

im pretty hes reading this thread, not that people are actually emailing him lol

coaster

Sean92008

First time on this thread. 

So, when people call, do they say "Squeaks" instead of "Dittos" or "Rosewells?"

RCH is tough to listen to for technical reasons.  I *still* say that he's better as a guest.  His intercourse with Art, though sounding contentious at times, was ALWAYS interesting and surpassed any C2C with Dave crap.

coaster

Got to admit, I didn't think hoagland had it in him to do a show every night. I'm glad he proved me wrong.

ShayP

Quote from: coaster on July 31, 2015, 01:06:20 AM
Hoagland's voice lulls me to sleep. So soothing..

Especially when you close you eyes and imagine his hair blowing in the desert breeze.  :)

Dixon Bawls

Quote from: Sean92008 on July 31, 2015, 01:07:11 AM
First time on this thread. 

So, when people call, do they say "Squeaks" instead of "Dittos" or "Rosewells?"

RCH is tough to listen to for technical reasons.  I *still* say that he's better as a guest.  His intercourse with Art, though sounding contentious at times, was ALWAYS interesting and surpassed any C2C with Dave crap.

In honor of his farting chair, I suggest we say "Braaps!"

ShayP

Quote from: coaster on July 31, 2015, 01:08:26 AM
Got to admit, I didn't think hoagland had it in him to do a show every night. I'm glad he proved me wrong.

I'm with you.  What he said the other night about it being "daunting" and that he's trying was honest. 

I called it!  I called it last year.  Richard is planning a trip to Machu Picchu and it's not even at 19.5 degrees but I called it!

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on September 26, 2014, 03:34:00 PM
It's a 1962 aqua Bulova Accutron watch which uses a 360 Hertz tuning fork, powered by the intentions of Coast Insiders.  Richard C. Hoagland let it go for the price of a Carnival Cruise to Lima, Peru and the cost to print up 57 "Hoagland Discovery Tour 2014" T-shirts so he could launch a scientific expedition to Machu Picchu, but I'm still waiting for the package to arrive.

[attachimg=1]