• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Westworld

Started by Jackstar, April 30, 2018, 12:51:46 AM

Lord Grantham

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YpuRIgt6gc

Let's have a toast for the douchbags.

Excellent use of music to match the theme of an episode.

Lord Grantham

I'd let her...

shoot me with a gun.

ponyboysunset

Loving season two. Re-watching from the beginning now. The writing and acting as superb.

HumanBeing

I watched the first 5 or 6 episodes of season one a year or so ago and I had to stop.
This may sound lame but I stopped because I wasn't emotionally invested in any of the characters.
The actors, scenery, sets and costumes looked great. I just could not get past the fact I just didn't care about any of them or what would become of them.
I really wanted to like the show and had high hopes because the whole subject matter and sci-fi stuff is right up my freaking alley  :D
I will probably wait until the entire series has ended before I give it a go again, maybe.
I do enjoy the AI robot series 'Humans'  :P

ponyboysunset

Quote from: HumanBeing on May 12, 2018, 08:50:30 PM
I watched the first 5 or 6 episodes of season one a year or so ago and I had to stop.
This may sound lame but I stopped because I wasn't emotionally invested in any of the characters.
The actors, scenery, sets and costumes looked great. I just could not get past the fact I just didn't care about any of them or what would become of them.
I really wanted to like the show and had high hopes because the whole subject matter and sci-fi stuff is right up my freaking alley  :D
I will probably wait until the entire series has ended before I give it a go again, maybe.
I do enjoy the AI robot series 'Humans'  :P
I love layers like this. I was invested in everyone. It shows how different people are and what they like. I am rewatching because the new stuff is so good. To me Game of Thrones is equally layered. But just one woman’s opinion.  I also love things that make me root for the supposed bad guy or series where everyone or thing is so fucked up you pick your favorite and hope they survive.

trostol

so far...this season..i want someone to blow Dolores' head off

ponyboysunset

Quote from: trostol on May 12, 2018, 11:21:01 PM
I love her. Lol. But I get why you want that to happen. I love William though.

Taaroa

Quote from: trostol on May 12, 2018, 11:21:01 PM
I agree, not a fan of the writing so far this season. Meanwhile the new season of The Expanse has been really good, but the show has been dropped by Syfy.  :'(

HumanBeing

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 12, 2018, 11:07:17 PM
I love layers like this. I was invested in everyone. It shows how different people are and what they like. I am rewatching because the new stuff is so good. To me Game of Thrones is equally layered. But just one woman’s opinion.  I also love things that make me root for the supposed bad guy or series where everyone or thing is so fucked up you pick your favorite and hope they survive.

I can understand why people like the show so much. I hope whenever I give it a go again that I can get into it because AI is one of my favorite subjects to learn and ponder about. I think it is a real threat to humanity, The D-Wave quantum computer is nuts. Anyways, maybe I needed to watch more than 5 or 6 episodes or watch it with someone else.

I'm glad you'r enjoying it  :D It is really fun to get wrapped up into the Universe of good tv show. For example I watched The Handmaid's Tale first season twice in the same week. I rarely ever re-watch something unless its been quite some time. I just got really invested with the characters. I thought it was brilliant and horrific to see how people were treated in this dystopian world.
Currently waiting for season two of that show, which is airing weekly now, to be fully released before I binge season one and then two  ;D

I also gave up on Game of Thrones after the 4th or 5th season. Not because I wasn't enjoying it. However I did think it was overrated a bit  :P
Perhaps you and I just have two entirely different tastes  :-[

HumanBeing

Quote from: Taaroa on May 13, 2018, 07:43:28 AM
I agree, not a fan of the writing so far this season. Meanwhile the new season of The Expanse has been really good, but the show has been dropped by Syfy.  :'(

What the fuck!?! really? that sucks  >:( :-[ :( Here I was downloading the 1080p episode versions of season 3 of The Expanse and really looking forward to watching it.
This is also one of the reasons why I wait to watch serialized tv shows these days because they get cancelled too frequently and viewers don't get any closure for their time investment.
What a bummer.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: HumanBeing on May 13, 2018, 08:54:31 AM
I can understand why people like the show so much. I hope whenever I give it a go again that I can get into it because AI is one of my favorite subjects to learn and ponder about. I think it is a real threat to humanity, The D-Wave quantum computer is nuts. Anyways, maybe I needed to watch more than 5 or 6 episodes or watch it with someone else.

I'm glad you'r enjoying it  :D It is really fun to get wrapped up into the Universe of good tv show. For example I watched The Handmaid's Tale first season twice in the same week. I rarely ever re-watch something unless its been quite some time. I just got really invested with the characters. I thought it was brilliant and horrific to see how people were treated in this dystopian world.
Currently waiting for season two of that show, which is airing weekly now, to be fully released before I binge season one and then two  ;D

I also gave up on Game of Thrones after the 4th or 5th season. Not because I wasn't enjoying it. However I did think it was overrated a bit  :P
Perhaps you and I just have two entirely different tastes  :-[

Could be that we do have different tastes.  No biggie. Just love me some Westworld.

the soundtracks have been great.

trostol

didn't Amazon just pick it up?

Jackstar

Ten minutes ago, I just finished watching "Kiksuya" for the third time and I'm still weeping like syphilitic junk. I wasn't even meaning to catch it, I just loaded up that one scene people are talking about lately to verify, and then I just let it unspool in front of my vision like an oncoming train and I'm the fawn.

Anyway, don't think I don't see all that off-topic faggot posting. You degenerate filth are gonna burn.

Jackstar

I agree, not a fan of the writing so far this season.

I've noticed this before, but this seems like a fine point to mention it--you are a retarded retard.

Metron2267

Quote from: Jackstar on June 14, 2018, 01:42:31 AM
I've noticed this before, but this seems like a fine point to mention it--you are a retarded retard.

Jackstar

I stand by these statements--the second season was far superior to the first, and anyone who believes otherwise is worth less and weak.

The syphillitic weeping has long since stopped, thanks for asking.

Metron2267

Quote from: Jackstar on November 19, 2018, 12:03:06 PM
I stand by these statements--the second season was far superior to the first, and anyone who believes otherwise is worth less and weak.