• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

EarthAlien007

Quote from: Truck2086 on November 06, 2013, 02:59:31 AM
There is a legal precedence for a class action lawsuit for fraud here. Based on promises made and not kept.  Real people spent real money for a product that wasn't delivered in full.

Geez you guys get more nuts all the time. Sirius shouldn't be selling online streaming that doesn't work!

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on November 06, 2013, 02:59:29 AM
We don't know everything behind the scenes. Art wants to come back or that wouldn't have been on his site. There's ways to work around things. Let's support Art and see how this plays out.

That's why I wish Art had played this out differently. He burned SiriusXM so badly that I don't expect them to release him from his contract with an "Adios, good luck in whatever you do next!" and rip up an NCA. It's not happening, so the best you can hope for is for Art Bell to own up to using poor judgment, apologize profusely to management and his listeners, and carry on with Dark Matter after this embarrassing situation. That, or sit home.

Coz

There is a legal precedence for a class action lawsuit for fraud here. Based on promises made and not kept.  Real people spent real money for a product that wasn't delivered in full.

Sure... we'll take legal advice from a guy who thinks "precedence" is a "precedent".

Please stop. It hurts.

grano salis

Sirius would have to prove that Art damaged them and place a monetary valuation on the damage.
Ironically, if anything this has brought Sirius more publicity then their own advertising...

Falkie2013

Quote from: tertiaryimam on November 06, 2013, 02:39:50 AM

What happened to your glasses, falkie? I noticed you're not wearing them in your vids recently.

Whenever I see your handle all I can think of is a dinosaur wearing a beard and Arabic robes.
;)

Sunday I was standing at the screen door of my neighbor talking football and suddenly my less broken glasses slipped off my nose, went down the screen and hit my stomach. I moved instinctively to try to keep them from falling on the concrete of the balcony and they got caught between the screen and my stomach and snapped in two at the part where they fit over the nose.
The ones I'm wearing now are even more broken than the other ones but are taped up, but would look idiotic if I wore them in my videos. So I don't wear any and stare at the screen not being able to see a damned thing because everything over a foot is seeable but incredibly blurred. My Imac screen is exactly 2 feet away so I can't see it very well either and squint a lot when the camera is on.
My gf compared me to Mr. Magoo last night. Sometimes I think she may well be right. I've had to knock on the door and ask neighbors to help me find my glasses. I'm blind without them. And its a reason I was so hoping that contacts would work.
sigh ...

I do like the way I look without glasses though.
And I don't use Brut either but still get smiles from women as they pass me by.
I wonder what Cary Grant used to use. ( He worked as a vp for Brut. ).
I saw this weird packaging for Axe the other night in Walmart. Had a snarling wolf on it.
Yep, when I think men's cologne, I think werewolf, don't you ?

On a bright note, I got an email from the seller in Arizona who said she finally shipped my video camera yesterday after I've been waiting over a week.
At least I'll be able to film outside for a change without the Imac or Iphone.
Hmm, I wonder how much gas it would take to go to Pahrump and ...
Maybe I could go up to people and ask what their reaction was to Art quitting his show and see what reactions I would get ala Leno. It might be fun.
:)

hitfan

Quote from: morphiaflow on November 06, 2013, 12:57:46 AM
What has happened here in the last 36 hours and 100+ pages goes beyond criticism. It has turned into all-out of sadism directed against the man who nearly everyone on this forum claims to love and respect. It seems as though every one of you who has jumped on the "Fuck Art", "Art Sucks", "I Hate Art", "Art Is Dead To Me" bandwagon is getting some sort of sick, gleeful thrill at slinging the barbs and the shit at the object of their affection--knowing that he is, in fact, paying attention.

This certainly has been an epic thread with a lot of emotion in it.  I think those who expressed their disappointment in that way are passionate in their love of all things Art Bell, and so they say a lot of things which on further reflection they'll most likely take back.

FallenSeraph

Quote from: spruce tree on November 06, 2013, 01:47:04 AM
I am a lurker on here for almost every show. I've come to know many of you by your avatars and incorporated many of you into my listening of the show. Many of the posts on here are quite intelligent and do add a great deal to the show. It's from this point of view that I can see where art came here for in-show and after-show opinions. I believe this forum holds more power than many of you may realize. But I guess none of that matters now. Shit on this whole deal! I am very close to turning on coast again for the first time in 6 months! Somebody talk me out of it!!!

I listen to C2C. Hell, I love talking about this damn show, even when it irritates the hell out of me. For instance, George just made a pizza roll joke. I had to clap. It was a golf clap, but still.

I'm kind of a misfit on this forum because I still listen to the show and I even think George has moments when he doesn't suck. (DUCKS AND RUNS LIKE HELL.) If anything, he makes me laugh. However, I don't like most C2C fan sites/forums because the people are way too goo-goo-ga-ga woo-woo fawning, and meanwhile I'm like "C'mon, people, quit it." I like the intelligence and the dark humor over here. And I actually AM one of the people who got so mad at George one night that I did Google something like "George Noory sucks" and that's how I found this place. And then I ended up hanging around. Like you, I got to know the people here from lurking and decided I really liked them. I spent months being afraid to comment though. Hell, sometimes I still am.

Because of Art, I developed a love of talk radio and strange subjects. For a long time C2C was such a constant in my life â€" no matter where I traveled or lived or who I was living with or what hell or triumphs I was going through, Art and C2C were always there. When he announced his retirement the first time, it was devastating. Later I was relieved that the show was at least going to try to go on in some form. Back then there weren't really any other shows like C2C out there.

So I don't know, that was a rambling, disjointed way of saying Coast to Coast feels like an old friend to me. Art, with all his damn comings and goings, has taken me on one hell of a bipolar ride â€" extreme highs when he comes back on air, crushing lows each time he "retires" â€" but C2C stuck around and has always been there in the middle of lonely nights or long drives or hellish insomnia or whatever. And for that I am grateful.

So hey, if you wanna listen to C2C, I for one will not heckle you. Other people here will though!  :D

someguy

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 06, 2013, 03:03:23 AM
Sunday I was standing at the screen door of my neighbor talking football and suddenly my less broken glasses slipped off my nose, went down the screen and hit my stomach. I moved instinctively and they got caught between the screen and my stomach and snapped in two at the part where they fit over the nose.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

EarthAlien007

Quote from: SixWeekTenure on November 06, 2013, 03:02:53 AM
That's why I wish Art had played this out differently. He burned SiriusXM so badly that I don't expect them to release him from his contract with an "Adios, good luck in whatever you do next!" and rip up an NCA. It's not happening, so the best you can hope for is for Art Bell to own up to using poor judgment, apologize profusely to management and his listeners, and carry on with Dark Matter after this embarrassing situation. That, or sit home.

Wondering what your agenda is. Why are you here?
So far all I see from you is Art bashing and trying to create a negative atmosphere.
Kinda like sabotage.

grano salis

Quote from: Seraphim27 on November 06, 2013, 03:05:00 AM
I listen to C2C. Hell, I love talking about this damn show, even when it irritates the hell out of me. For instance, George just made a pizza roll joke. I had to clap. It was a golf clap, but still.

I'm kind of a misfit on this forum because I still listen to the show and I even think George has moments when he doesn't suck. (DUCKS AND RUNS LIKE HELL.) If anything, he makes me laugh. However, I don't like most C2C fan sites/forums because the people are way too goo-goo-ga-ga woo-woo fawning, and meanwhile I'm like "C'mon, people, quit it." I like the intelligence and the dark humor over here. And I actually AM one of the people who got so mad at George one night that I did Google something like "George Noory sucks" and that's how I found this place. And then I ended up hanging around. Like you, I got to know the people here from lurking and decided I really liked them. I spent months being afraid to comment though. Hell, sometimes I still am.

Because of Art, I developed a love of talk radio and strange subjects. For a long time C2C was such a constant in my life â€" no matter where I traveled or lived or who I was living with or what hell or triumphs I was going through, Art and C2C were always there. When he announced his retirement the first time, it was devastating. Later I was relieved that the show was at least going to try to go on in some form. Back then there weren't really any other shows like C2C out there.

So I don't know, that was a rambling, disjointed way of saying Coast to Coast feels like an old friend to me. Art, with all his damn comings and goings, has taken me on one hell of a bipolar ride â€" extreme highs when he comes back on air, crushing lows each time he "retires" â€" but C2C stuck around and has always been there in the middle of lonely nights or long drives or hellish insomnia or whatever. And for that I am grateful.

So hey, if you wanna listen to C2C, I for one will not heckle you. Other people here will though!  :D

Thank you. Agree.

Heather Wade

The past two days listening to Dark Matter replays on Sirius... zero drop outs.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 06, 2013, 02:57:34 AM
       Ok. In all seriousness. You have to be the dimmest shitpile currently on the thread. A trematode beneath my contempt. May you expire while you sleep.

All due respect.

God, you failed on the intelligent responses quotient tonight. I'll leave you alone now, just don't discourage Art.

HumanBeing

I've already had one guy privately threaten me via the messaging system... he quickly went on the Ignore List.
What ridiculous accusations! I have zero time for such utter bullshit.

TumbleWeed

Oh for fucks sake, if anyone threatens art with a lawsuit, he is never, ever, ever going to concider comeing back, much less talking to any of us ever again.

And to everyone who I appearantly pissed off with my worry about arts mental state, Him saying " a life devoid of purpose " is a pretty strong sentiment. I'm sorry I care about another human being in any way shape or form. It's the way I am. I don't wish anything bad on anyone.
I have family members who suffer from depression, I do not take it lightly.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: George Drooly on November 06, 2013, 02:45:56 AM
Are you illiterate or just blind? I wasn't quoting you, you narcissist.

Just quit making this worse, alright? You are, you're making it worse. I asked why. You didn't answer. So I'll settle for simply not making it worse. Deal?

FallenSeraph

Case in point: OH NO GEORGE DID NOT JUST PLAY "DEPARTURE/RIDE MY SEE-SAW" AS BUMPER MUSIC!

YEEEEEEOUCH, George! DAMN!

See. I like being able to say something like this and having other people understand the agony of it. :)

morphiaflow

Quote from: hitfan on November 06, 2013, 03:04:27 AM
This certainly has been an epic thread with a lot of emotion in it.  I think those who expressed their disappointment in that way are passionate in their love of all things Art Bell, and so they say a lot of things which on further reflection they'll most likely take back.

Perhaps. I'm just saying that those slinging around words like "narcissist" and "sociopath" or even "childish" should look in the mirror. And whether they take it back or not, realize that words have consequences. And just because the internet gives everyone the freedom and anonymity to act like a complete asshole doesn't make it right, nor does it reflect well on a community of so-called adults. I don't like what happened with Dark Matter either. But I can't find strong enough words to express how appalling I find the aftermath that's played out on this forum to be.

And as for Art being a coward, I bet ten to one that few if any of you would ever have the balls to say this crap to Art's face, or even on the phone. "You write your snide bullshit from a dark room because that's what the angry do nowadays."--Aaron Sorkin, The Social Network

Heather Wade

Quote from: TumbleWeed on November 06, 2013, 03:10:37 AM
Oh for fucks sake, if anyone threatens art with a lawsuit, he is never, ever, ever going to concider comeing back, much less talking to any of us ever again.

And to everyone who I appearantly pissed off with my worry about arts mental state, Him saying " a life devoid of purpose " is a pretty strong sentiment. I'm sorry I care about another human being in any way shape or form. It's the way I am. I don't wish anything bad on anyone.

Yes.  1000%  Every word.

ziznak

This sux... I can't even keep up with what is happeneeeen.  Tonight and last night I come here log in and try to catch up and as I get deeper down the rabbit hole it just looks worse and worse...

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on November 06, 2013, 03:06:04 AM
Wondering what your agenda is. Why are you here?
So far all I see from you is Art bashing and trying to create a negative atmosphere.
Kinda like sabotage.

I have no agenda, just a long time Art Bell fan that is severely disappointed in his behavior the past few days. If you truly believe that all I've done is bash him since I signed up, please take a look at my history of posts from the beginning. Full of emotion, yes, but I have stood by what a great show Dark Matter was and what a legendary broadcaster Art is. I've been even handed and more than fair in my assessment, so there is no need to call me out on creating a negative atmosphere here - that lies solely on Art's shoulders after his decision to quit rather than re-adjust his show in the weeks to come. It wasn't going to be perfect, nothing is, and for a veteran of radio I thought Art knew that. True fans would listen, warts and all, but he's not giving us that chance.

tertiaryimam

Quote from: Seraphim27 on November 06, 2013, 03:05:00 AM

That sounds exactly like my situation. I still think Noory is a creep of sorts, but I'm listening to an old show of his and its oddly refreshing. I'm starting to think a lot of these radio guys are creeps --- not the smaller podcasters, but the big leagues. It seems you have to be a little strange to do this sort of thing daily. I worked at a lot of call centers and I know talking to people for hours on end does things to your mind. Anyway, rambling I suppose. . .

dortmunder

Something doesn't sit right with me about all of this. All these new accounts, Noory with his crown avatar, doing his little victory dance in the sucks thread, calling the podcast and playing the little angel, the accusations of murder against Art. If I may make a suggestion to MV: If I were you I might want to consider getting rid of anyone who has signed up in the past two days and putting a moritorium on new accounts for a while. I don't know what's going on here, but something just doesn't seem right. Feels like a coup or like there's an agenda to destroy this forum. Either way, it's just getting out of hand.

gbneely

I'm sure you notified the authorities in Pahrump of Art's statements and have requested they perform a wellness check.

Falkie2013

Quote from: someguy on November 06, 2013, 03:06:00 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHA

What's so damned funny about further breaking an already broken pair of glasses ?
WTF ? >:( >:(

tertiaryimam

I see. Well, it's a stretch from "life devoid of purpose" to "call 911", but I see your point. I think the whole thing has everyone a little raw. I'm fairly certain he was being a mixture of sarcastic and attempting to get our sympathy. Maybe it was all sarcasm. You can't tell without emoticons.   :'(

Falkie2013

Quote from: dortmunder on November 06, 2013, 03:14:33 AM
Something doesn't sit right with me about all of this. All these new accounts, Noory with his crown avatar, doing his little victory dance in the sucks thread, calling the podcast and playing the little angel, the accusations of murder against Art. If I may make a suggestion to MV: If I were you I might want to consider getting rid of anyone who has signed up in the past two days and putting a moritorium on new accounts for a while. I don't know what's going on here, but something just doesn't seem right. Feels like a coup or like there's an agenda to destroy this forum. Either way, it's just getting out of hand.

I know its de regeur ( sic ) to come up with conspiracy theories today but maybe, just maybe it was engineered for AB to come back in this manner just so as to so undermine his credibility that he'd be forced to quit, go off the air and thus be silenced for a longer period of time than he was during his various retirements ?
I am certain he's probably not looked upon too kindly in the hallowed halls of certain quarters of our and other governments or institutions.

EarthAlien007

Quote from: dortmunder on November 06, 2013, 03:14:33 AM

I totally agree!

HumanBeing

Quote from: morphiaflow on November 06, 2013, 03:12:56 AM
Perhaps. I'm just saying that those slinging around words like "narcissist" and "sociopath" or even "childish" should look in the mirror. And whether they take it back or not, realize that words have consequences. And just because the internet gives everyone the freedom and anonymity to act like a complete asshole doesn't make it right, nor does it reflect well on a community of so-called adults. I don't like what happened with Dark Matter either. But I can't find strong enough words to express how appalling I find the aftermath that's played out on this forum to be.

And as for Art being a coward, I bet ten to one that few if any of you would ever have the balls to say this crap to Art's face, or even on the phone. "You write your snide bullshit from a dark room because that's what the angry do nowadays."--Aaron Sorkin, The Social Network

Such dribble from the Zombie faithful.
Such good intentions... yet poorly chosen.
Resist your urge to pontificate. I'm really trying to help you here.

You sorely lack the understanding of this matter. Good lord.

Also, I'm still waiting as well for proof of Art stating he was suicidal or thinking about suicide... I will be waiting a long time. It did not happen in any way shape or form. I have screenshots of the current messages Art posted. So unless it is edited in the future to say such cowardly things as these... I know it did not happen. I actually have proof
>:(

tertiaryimam

Quote from: HumanBeing on November 06, 2013, 03:10:18 AM
I've already had one guy privately threaten me via the messaging system... he quickly went on the Ignore List.
What ridiculous accusations! I have zero time for such utter bullshit.

I think I heard her on Gabcast. She sounded cool enough. I think she meant it as a joke. Who censors their private messages?