• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

DanTSX

Quote from: spruce tree on November 06, 2013, 12:05:58 AM
You guys were very quick to take the credit and stick your chests out with every mention of Bellfab on the air, now why are many of you not willing to shoulder the blame now that Art has taken your criticisms over the past few weeks to heart? Anonymity. makes brave souls of us all... Maybe you all don't feel so witty and cutesy anymore now that you mishandled the responsibility that Art seemingly bestowed upon this elitist and cult like collection of assholes(not all of you, but most). Art really cared what you all had to say, and your witty sayings and downright embarrassingly mean comments have ended the show. Thx smart guys.

Blame?

The response from here was overwhelmingly positive.

We poked some fun at some flakey guests.  So what.  We are 100x harder on George.

You guys were very quick to take the credit and stick your chests out with every mention of Bellfab on the air, now why are many of you not willing to shoulder the blame now that Art has taken your criticisms over the past few weeks to heart? Anonymity. makes brave souls of us all... Maybe you all don't feel so witty and cutesy anymore now that you mishandled the responsibility that Art seemingly bestowed upon this elitist and cult like collection of assholes(not all of you, but most). Art really cared what you all had to say, and your witty sayings and downright embarrassingly mean comments have ended the show. Thx smart guys.

Everyone was supportive of Art. He had no need to advertise for this forum if he didn't choose to. "Mishandled the responsibility". Please.

shell88

Come back to work Art.  You know 95 percent of us love you.  Some of us are hurting though, that's all. Some are just vicious assholes as you've said.
It's not a big deal. Your still the man! 

area51drone

Quote from: TheGrimCreeper1 on November 06, 2013, 12:05:11 AM
Frankly, I think think he should be kissing our asses rather than this grovel-fest we've got going here.

Art doesn't need you.  You and the rest of us want him.   You wouldn't be so angry if you didn't care that he's gone.   He holds all the cards.

It works out like this with socks too.

Heather Wade

Quote from: shell88 on November 06, 2013, 12:13:00 AM
Come back to work Art.  You know 95 percent of us love you.  Some of us are hurting though, that's all. Some are just vicious assholes as you've said.
It's not a big deal. Your still the man!

Art... Do you hear this?!?  Is your inbox full of kittens??

PLEASE LET US KNOW YOU ARE OK TONIGHT ART.

gbneely

I came here to vent about Art quitting after 6 weeks. I looked around the boards prior to that, but never left a comment that I can remember. What's amazing to me, is Art Bell can fling all of this shit in every direction (Sirius, Fan base, streaming, meanness, forums) and expect not one tiny speck of fecal matter to be within twenty feet of him. This latest stunt is pure melodrama. Posted to get the reaction Art's ego demands. We must now beg for Art because we dared question him.  It's stunning, really.

Quote from: area51drone on November 06, 2013, 12:00:32 AM
So few of you were willing to give Art the benefit of the doubt.   Now that he's actually read what you have to say,  you're trying to save face.  Trying to get back on the bandwagon.  You fucked it up folks.  Great going.   I hope to death that Art comes back, but he's justified if he finally throws in the towel.  So few of us supported his decision.   How can you not trust him after all he has given you?   You are so quick to whine about $100-200 worth of SXM radio equipment and subscriptions when this guy has given you COUNTLESS hours of FREE entertainment.     This is so pathetic it is beyond words.

Unreal.

I'm pretty sure Art ended the show.  Something about wanting to give away for free what thousands of his loyal fans had ponied up their hard earned shekels for. 

Queen

I can understand that people paid money to hear Art. I can understand that people are upset that he left the show.  What I can't understand is, you so called fans of Art Bell who did nothing but BEG for his return for years, are now sitting here cutting him down.  I get the impression you wanted him to return so you could cut him down. Dark Matter Halloween sucks that's a terrible name, change it to Spooky Matter.  Brenden and Jimmy not Barbra lets go off on that for days. Spooky Matter was the worst yet.  People throwing a fit because he posted videos on his website and everyone yelling they are fake we can prove it. I seriously believe some of you really wanted Art to return so you could just cut him down. No matter what he did on this show people were just angry at him and finding anything they could to cut him down.  I honestly think a lot of you thought that by having Art Bell back on the air you would do some kind of time traveling of your own back to the 90s and you expected to hear That Show.  Is cutting Art Bell down making any of you feel more manly or more like a woman.  This has to be the most sickening display of so called "Adult's" you can ask for on the internet.  Yea some of you are out a few bucks for your subscriptions. If you couldn't afford it why did you get it?  I was on this site years ago before it got so big when we could barley get 50 people here. Now this site has a bunch of "adults" acting as if they were 5 year old's. Its Pathetic.   

Art if you read this, I suggest you just go on with your life and forget about coming back on the air. If this is how people are going to be then, why waste your time, spend it with your family.  Family is a billion times more important and worth while then this nonsense. I loved your shows old and new but no one deserves this kinda grief especially at your age. I'm old enough to be your son and I wouldn't want my dad going thru this kinda garbage. Take care Art Bell I for one did enjoy the ride.

Quote from: area51drone on November 06, 2013, 12:13:25 AM
Art doesn't need you.  You and the rest of us want him.   You wouldn't be so angry if you didn't care that he's gone.   He holds all the cards.

SiriusXM hold all of the cards. Art signed a two year non-compete agreement on top of his three year deal and if he doesn't return to Dark Matter, who knows if we'll see him again down the road.

phrodo

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on November 06, 2013, 12:07:27 AM
Thank you.
This is supposed to be the Art Bell fan forum. Right now I'm pretty sick about a lot of these posts, although I realize many of these people are trolls who recently signed on to stir shit.

You'd think we could show Art more support than this. WTF?

No - actually this is the George Noory SUCKS forum... that's about to turn into the Art Bell Sucks as well forum... if he keeps up this "poor little me - it's all your fault" bullshit.

I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt (and still am) regarding his real motive for quitting... and seriously hope he reaches a speedy resolution to his issues with SXM.

I have posted a viable solution several times = stream from his site to SXM members. Seems both he and SXM should have no issues with that.

I sincerely hope he was being sarcastic in his last post ... but am beginning to wonder how much of a professional he actually is.

Heather Wade

Quote from: malachi.martini on November 06, 2013, 12:14:06 AM

It works out like this with socks too.

Riiiiight.  And you are perfect in form and action.  Must be nice to be so flawless. 
Give it a rest.  But, of course you won't.

Ignore feature is great, Art.  I use it too.

gbneely

spruce tree

Quote from: someguy on November 06, 2013, 12:11:42 AMArt did. Take the blame along with the credit. You all have been basking in the glory of being recognized on air since this all started. That is a copout now that things have turned sour.
who the fuck cares what a message board thinks anyways?

shell88

Art this song is for you:
We are sending out an sos to you!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=zMCZqKowlzM#t=0

We hope you get it!

Quote from: malachi.martini on November 06, 2013, 12:02:49 AM
Sure, we made him just stop and deactivate his facebook before this thread even existed.
^^^

Quote from: (Redacted) on November 06, 2013, 12:17:18 AM
Riiiiight.  And you are perfect in form and action.  Must be nice to be so flawless. 
Give it a rest.  But, of course you won't.

Ignore feature is great, Art.  I use it too.

The only thing I'd claim to be is honest.  I love Art, but he's also full of shit.

area51drone

Quote from: NIN2 on November 06, 2013, 12:15:07 AM
Art if you read this, I suggest you just go on with your life and forget about coming back on the air. If this is how people are going to be then, why waste your time, spend it with your family.  Family is a billion times more important and worth while then this nonsense. I loved your shows old and new but no one deserves this kinda grief especially at your age. I'm old enough to be your son and I wouldn't want my dad going thru this kinda garbage. Take care Art Bell I for one did enjoy the ride.

Well said.  I sent him an email after his post that said roughly the same thing.   

The world is a better place since Art broadcasted in it.   I'll keep listening to those old shows for years if that's all we've got left.

Spinner

Quote from: Art Bell on November 05, 2013, 11:20:11 PM
Ok, I agree, I am a washed up has been who has lost what little talent I might have had, my memory is fading
fast and my skills as a Interviewer no longer exist. Like a Prize fighter who took one to many punches I am off
in zombieville. I can take a hint, I am done. So I will now leave and abandon my idea of free streaming along
with a life that has now lost all it's meaning. I am sorry to have crushed so many dreams and now understand
full well that the real King has taken his rightful place on the throne of Bell Gab. I understand I am dead to you
all.

Art
Whaaaaaat? What are you talking about? It can't be about you, because we know what you can do. We've heard what you can do. The Dark matter shows were so much better than the shows you did in the late 2000s.

Please Art, most of us will be happy to have you back o the air. You ARE the king of nighttime radio. The MASTER OF TALK. There's no one else that even comes close!

Heather Wade

Quote from: spruce tree on November 06, 2013, 12:19:49 AM
So you all are fans? Wow...

Yes.  I have never said a bad word about Art Bell.
I am a long time fan. 

In shock over this, and Art's last post.  I feel sick.

Quote from: phrodo on November 06, 2013, 12:16:54 AM
No - actually this is the George Noory SUCKS forum... that's about to turn into the Art Bell Sucks as well forum... if he keeps up this "poor little me - it's all your fault" bullshit.

I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt (and still am) regarding his real motive for quitting... and seriously hope he reaches a speedy resolution to his issues with SXM.

I have posted a viable solution several times = stream from his site to SXM members. Seems both he and SXM should have no issues with that.

Hey man, I'm not sure I understand or if I'm reading your solution correctly...

He wants to give the stream away for free, to non-SiriusXM customers until the streaming issue is fixed.

Are you saying to stream through his site to SXM members so that he has control over the quality of the stream?

George Drooly

Quote from: aldousburbank on November 05, 2013, 04:48:12 PM
Wait, are you a dude, or otherwise?

Of course he's a dude; I've never known a single female who complains about "misogyny"

tertiaryimam

Quote from: NIN2 on November 06, 2013, 12:15:07 AM
I can understand that people paid money to hear Art. I can understand that people are upset that he left the show.  What I can't understand is, you so called fans of Art Bell who did nothing but BEG for his return for years, are now sitting here cutting him down.  I get the impression you wanted him to return so you could cut him down. Dark Matter Halloween sucks that's a terrible name, change it to Spooky Matter.  Brenden and Jimmy not Barbra lets go off on that for days. Spooky Matter was the worst yet.  People throwing a fit because he posted videos on his website and everyone yelling they are fake we can prove it. I seriously believe some of you really wanted Art to return so you could just cut him down. No matter what he did on this show people were just angry at him and finding anything they could to cut him down.  I honestly think a lot of you thought that by having Art Bell back on the air you would do some kind of time traveling of your own back to the 90s and you expected to hear That Show.  Is cutting Art Bell down making any of you feel more manly or more like a woman.  This has to be the most sickening display of so called "Adult's" you can ask for on the internet.  Yea some of you are out a few bucks for your subscriptions. If you couldn't afford it why did you get it?  I was on this site years ago before it got so big when we could barley get 50 people here. Now this site has a bunch of "adults" acting as if they were 5 year old's. Its Pathetic.   

Hey NIN,

How many people do you think listen to art's show?

Got the number? Ok, good. Write it down. Circle it.

Now, how many people do you think post on this message board?

Tricky, I know. But take a good guess. Got it? Good. Write it down. Draw a square around it.

Now, take the number in the square and subtract it from the number in the circle. That means, take your calculator, type in the number in the circle first, then hit the - key, and then type in the number in the square.

Do you still have a big goddamn number?

Right. You do. And why is that?

Because bellgab is a small, small fraction of the listening audience.

Now, ask yourself this:

Should art give a shit about an audience so small as that which posts on this board?

Of course he should!

Should he decide the future of his radio show on what they collectively say?

Of course not!

And why?

Because they're a much, much smaller number than his overall listening audience.

And even if he did, he wouldn't have quit like a sissy, because they --- the unified voice that they are --- would say to hang in there, buddy!

;D

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: (Redacted) on November 06, 2013, 12:22:15 AM
Yes.  I have never said a bad word about Art Bell.
I am a long time fan. 

In shock over this, and Art's last post.  I feel sick.

See a doctor. Not a physician,either.

spruce tree

I've figured out how to get rid of Noory- Change this site to Noorygab.com and just throw your "support" behind the snooreminator...dude will be off the air in no time! And I'm not a troll. I have been a member here for over a year, but I lost my password info and just started a new account. I was shermdawg54 before I lost my info. Just wanted to clarify for all the trollhunters...

phrodo

Quote from: guildnavigator on November 06, 2013, 12:22:47 AM
Hey man, I'm not sure I understand or if I'm reading your solution correctly...

He wants to give the stream away for free, to non-SiriusXM customers until the streaming issue is fixed.

Are you saying to stream through his site to SXM members so that he has control over the quality of the stream?

YES - he streams the show thru his site *since he says he can do it better* BUT only to those who login with their SXM account username and password. He gets the stream done 'correctly' without dropouts - and SXM still gets sub revenue.... WIN WIN.

The free thing should not be an issue... if his problem is only with the streaming reliability.

George Drooly

Art, we all love you but we're all very disappointed. Some of us are angry. We can't go into details about why we're angry, but believe us when we say that someday we'll tell "the whole story" about our disappointment and anger. Until then, just trust us that we did all we could not to be disappointed and angry, but the circumstances were beyond our control. There's more to this story than meets the eye.

::)