• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 19, 2017, 09:20:28 PM

You forget, Laura works for the DMV...

Even she couldn't get a UK registered car into CA. Not possible.. However the opposite is fairly straightforward (If you can afford it) and there's a fair amount of left hand drive ex CA VW campers in the UK.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 19, 2017, 09:31:42 PM

You're telling me..They allow any death trap on the road and the standard of driving is only worse in Italy.
Ha. Latin countries are always bad. Not sure if it is the heat, the drinking, the machismo, or general idea of a free-for-all. When combined in situations where speed is actually available, you have a dangerous situation. When confined to gridlock and honking and exhaust and pedestrians and motorbikes who feel that any available space is ok you have a safer, but more frustrating, situation. Speaking of which France sucks also, in cities, but even highways.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Gd5150 on December 19, 2017, 09:26:04 PM

Agreed this tax bill is nothing. Just a bit of a shell game. What’s scaring the Democrats is the fact that we have 3% growth for 3 quarters in a row for the first time since 2004. Add to that massive corporate tax cuts and you’re talking about a boom to the economy that we haven’t seen since the 80s.

No you're not. Since the 80's China has turned more capitalist, the Far east is more industrialised, wages haven't moved much, automation is common place and the rich have got offshore accounting down to an art.

And the Democrats will get zero credit for it, which means no way for them to gain power. So they are whipping as many lemmings into a frenzy as possible using the same ol same ol. Problem is when you’ve by lying about Russians for 18mo with zero evidence, people stop listening to you.

No, what will happen is the GOP will be out next year, and Trump will follow.

Now we’re at the start of a truly booming economy. Record after record stock market.

The stock market is ephemeral. It can go up as well as down.

Record unemployment.

Really? Its at its highest? Employment on the other hand isn't at its highest ever. 

The cesspool of Democrat titans going down for decades of rape and sexual misconduct. MAGA is happening, and it’s happenjng despite every Demokkkrat effort. This continues to be easily the best year politically since Reagan. And lemmings like Pud just sit there and tighten their own noose as they display their ignorance for all to see.

Go back to your virtual train sets, you know fuck all about anything else. Trump is way out of his depth.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on December 19, 2017, 09:37:48 PM
Ha. Latin countries are always bad. Not sure if it is the heat, the drinking, the machismo, or general idea of a free-for-all. When combined in situations where speed is actually available, you have a dangerous situation. When confined to gridlock and honking and exhaust and pedestrians and motorbikes who feel that any available space is ok you have a safer, but more frustrating, situation. Speaking of which France sucks also, in cities, but even highways.

Its a paradox....Around the city centre and suburbs they drive as if on egg shells..Scared to death. On the freeways they drive like lunatics and in both cases never use rear view mirrors or look around them..They may as well just paint over side windows, as unless its directly in front, they don't consider it there. I saw a car a few weeks ago with no cover over the engine..a cop car three cars behind it. Yesterday a Subaru in the gas station with the front end stoved in. I've lost count of cars with smashed windscreens on the road.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 19, 2017, 09:43:13 PM

No you're not. Since the 80's China has turned more capitalist, the Far east is more industrialised, wages haven't moved much, automation is common place and the rich have got offshore accounting down to an art.

No, what will happen is the GOP will be out next year, and Trump will follow.

The stock market is ephemeral. It can go up as well as down.

Really? Its at its highest? Employment on the other hand isn't at its highest ever. 

Go back to your virtual train sets, you know fuck all about anything else. Trump is way out of his depth.

Pulling facts out of your ass again, I see. :D

What would a shallow person know of depth?!  ;D

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 19, 2017, 09:51:51 PM

Pulling facts out of your ass again, I see. :D

What would a shallow person know of depth?!  ;D

Feel free to post 'alternative facts'.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 19, 2017, 09:49:21 PM

Its a paradox....Around the city centre and suburbs they drive as if on egg shells..Scared to death. On the freeways they drive like lunatics and in both cases never use rear view mirrors or look around them..They may as well just paint over side windows, as unless its directly in front, they don't consider it there. I saw a car a few weeks ago with no cover over the engine..a cop car three cars behind it. Yesterday a Subaru in the gas station with the front end stoved in. I've lost count of cars with smashed windscreens on the road.
Ha. I was stuck in an infernal traffic mess and circles once in Paris and had to piss like a race horse. I finally careened off it to a taxi stand, slammed brakes, handed some cash to a cabbie, smoking and talking with fellows cabbies, and yelled the hotel address and mimed  "I'll follow you!" Fucking hot also and so frustrated. Friggin hotel was two blocks away.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 19, 2017, 09:59:15 PM

Feel free to post 'alternative facts'.

Why not? It seems to be all you're doing.  ::)

albrecht

In the word of a certain band "any  love is good love and I'll take what I can get" but still sad we couldn't do a real, real tax reform, but still better than before (assuming it all passes. through- see what I did there  ;) ) Accountants and attorneys (and government bureaucrats) will still have lots of work.

""It doesn't look like we’re going to run short of work," said Don Susswein, a principal at RSM's Washington National Tax office."

Quote from: Gd5150 on December 19, 2017, 09:26:04 PM
... And lemmings like Pud... display their ignorance for all to see...

And apparently proud of it. 

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 19, 2017, 08:56:17 PM

They need to end chain immigration first.

These bumper sticker (or Trump hat) ideologies make me sad. Dismissing generations of good people with a snappy slogan. Many of my friends in high school were third generation immigrants from various countries.  Probably most of their grandparents sneaked across the border. My friends had good multi-generation families I loved to visit. I always thought it was funny when their parents had to translate for my friends to talk to their grandparents. My friends I mention  were smart, scholastic and and athletic stand outs. With big plans for the future which didn't include raping and murdering. Which I guess is what you think their grandparents did

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 19, 2017, 08:29:25 PM

Funny, I think the same about the Trump cult who really believe him when he speaks.

I wouldn't know anything about that!   I'm just here for the ride. ;)

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on December 19, 2017, 11:06:00 PM

These bumper sticker (or Trump hat) ideologies make me sad. Dismissing generations of good people with a snappy slogan. Many of my friends in high school were third generation immigrants from various countries probably most of their grandparents sneaked across the border. My friends had good next-generation families in loved to visit. I always thought it was funny when their parents had to translate for my friends to talk to their grandparents. My friends I mention  were smart, scholastic and and athletic stand outs. With big plans for the future which didn't include raping and murdering. Which I guess is what you think their grandparents did

There are quotas for immigration but current laws do not allow chain immigration to be included in these limits.

It is not a bumper sticker. You should not be rewarded for generations for breaking our immigration laws. Chain immigration subject to limits for legal immigrants is one thing. Chain immigration for illegal immigrants is an abomination.

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 19, 2017, 11:09:13 PM

There are quotas for immigration but current laws do not allow chain immigration to be included in these limits.

It is not a bumper sticker. You should not be rewarded for generations for breaking our immigration laws. Chain immigration subject to limits for legal immigrants is one thing. Chain immigration for illegal immigrants is an abomination.

What's so abominable? Living in Houston you probably chat with Dreamers and third generations all the time without even knowing it. Give me one abominable thing that makes you think thousands need to go to a country they may have never been to and may not even speak the language. Their only guilt is the sin of their parents risking everything to give their children a better life. Sounds like an American ideal

Gd5150

It’s the most, wonderful time of the yeeeeeaaaarrrr.

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on December 19, 2017, 11:17:32 PM

What's so abominable? Living in Houston you probably chat with Dreamers and third generations all the time without even knowing it. Give me one abominable thing that makes you think thousands need to go to a country they may have never been to and may not even speak the language. Their only guilt is the sin of their parents risking everything to give their children a better life. Sounds like an American ideal

You are having trouble interpreting my argument. I didn’t say deport the Dreamers. Not yet at least. I said that we need to end chain immigration before we decide what to do with them or 900,000 dreamers will result in another 9 million or so due to chain immigration.

TigerLily

Quote from: Gd5150 on December 19, 2017, 11:02:13 PM

Aren’t we all.

Putin and his puppet. Adorable. You know your idol does look up to Putin and wants to be just like him when he grows up. It was ridiculous how Trumpet beamed and nearly giggled talking about how Putin patted him on top of the head for being such a good boy. Grotesque

Swishypants

Quote from: TigerLily on December 19, 2017, 11:17:32 PM

They broke the law. You are a stupid spoiled whore that never contributed a fucking thing to the nation you enjoy. Get the fuck out! Go get raped cunt!

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 19, 2017, 11:23:45 PM

You are having trouble interpreting my argument. I didn’t say deport the Dreamers. Not yet at least. I said that we need to end chain immigration before we decide what to do with them or 900,000 dreamers will result in another 9 million or so due to chain immigration.

Chain immigration doesn't mean multi-generations springing from the loins of the original rapers and murderists?

Quote from: TigerLily on December 19, 2017, 11:06:00 PM

These bumper sticker (or Trump hat) ideologies make me sad. Dismissing generations of good people with a snappy slogan. Many of my friends in high school were third generation immigrants from various countries.  Probably most of their grandparents sneaked across the border. My friends had good multi-generation families I loved to visit. I always thought it was funny when their parents had to translate for my friends to talk to their grandparents. My friends I mention  were smart, scholastic and and athletic stand outs. With big plans for the future which didn't include raping and murdering. Which I guess is what you think their grandparents did

You talk to the people who resent illegal immigration the most.  Legal immigrants who did everything by the rules.  What about them?  Should they have worked so hard to gain legal immigrant and/or citizenship status?  They resent the illegals bigtime. Are we not a nation of laws? We had amnesty in 1987 under the condition that no further amnesties would be allowed.  I for one think we should stick to that plan with maybe an exception here and there.

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on December 19, 2017, 11:30:49 PM

Chain immigration doesn't mean multi-generations springing from the loins of the original rapers and murderists?

Chain immigration means that once you are granted permanent residence status with a route to citizenship you can sponsor in all of your relatives like grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins etc with no respect to the annual limits for immigration set by the executive and legislative branches.

TigerLily

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 19, 2017, 11:31:35 PM

You talk to the people who resent illegal immigration the most.  Legal immigrants who did everything by the rules.  What about them?  Should they have worked so hard to gain legal immigrant or citizenship status?  They resent the illegals bigtime. Are we not a nation of ldaws? We had amnesty in 1987 under the condition that no further amnesties would be allowed.

So what do you want to do with the law abiding, hard working, super achieving Dreamers and their kids. Here through no fault of their own?

albrecht

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/man-accused-of-burien-rape-facing-possible-deportation/
How many lives or rapes are acceptable? Sure not all "Dreamers," or other illegals are violent or criminals besides their illegal status but how many rapes, dui "accidents," murders, etc are ok? Or terrorism? Simply to get votes, get cheap labor, or be "family friendly?" And how does, assuming an argument, does honest or hardworking people leaving a country help that situation if they bring their whole family and no longer remit funds or return?

Quote from: TigerLily on December 19, 2017, 11:35:09 PM

So what do you want to do with the law abiding, hard working, super achieving Dreamers and their kids. Here through no fault of their own?

Maybe spend 4 years in national service and that gives them the opportunity to become citizens.  There are ways to do this but it can't be a free ride.

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 19, 2017, 11:33:01 PM

Chain immigration means that once you are granted permanent residence status with a route to citizenship you can sponsor in all of your relatives like grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins etc with no respect to the annual limits for immigration set by the executive and legislative branches.

I thought it referred to Dreamers whose families are illegal. But you are talking about people who are legal? Hmm. So if your Irish mother came here to get settled with a job and home she wouldn't be able to send for her father, husband and kids to join her?

That's the trouble with snappy slogans, Chain Immigration, Drain the Swamp, maga. Kind of simple minded and obtuse sounding if you don't have the codebook

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on December 19, 2017, 11:35:09 PM

If their kids were born here they are citizens (at least in the current interpretation of the 17th amendment).

I am not sure what to do with them. On the one hand it would be simple to grant tjem some type of amnesty, but how does their crime get abjudicated?  You could have them plead guilty to entering the country illegally but what ever you do it has to be consistent across all of our immigration policy or we will be establishing a new class of “citizen in waiting”. I do not think they should be granted citizenship in any special manner just because they were brought here by their parents. Maybe someday. If they have not signed up for the Dreamer program or did not qualify they should self deport by a certain date or end up being arrested at first discovery and deported.

Whatever is done needs to be well thought out or it will be overturned in the courts.

TigerLily

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 19, 2017, 11:41:09 PM

Maybe spend 4 years in national service and that gives them the opportunity to become citizens.  There are ways to do this but it can't be a free ride.

Not bad. A good starting point. You know they pay taxes just like you and me. Unlike Trump