• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No
Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 24, 2018, 04:41:44 PM
Was he also Christian too?

Yeah but not devout.  We said our prayers before meals and other times and we went to Baptist (CA), Presbyterian (PA) and Methodist (GA)churches when I was in grade school but we sort of stopped going when my brother was getting into trouble.  He was open-minded as pretty much all of us in the family were.  I have my beliefs in reincarnation and problems with the concept of Hell but other than that I'm fairly traditional yet open.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 24, 2018, 04:55:30 PM
Yeah but not devout.  We said our prayers before meals and other times and we went to Baptist (CA), Presbyterian (PA) and Methodist (GA)churches when I was in grade school but we sort of stopped going when my brother was getting into trouble.  He was open-minded as pretty much all of us in the family were.  I have my beliefs in reincarnation and problems with the concept of Hell but other than that I'm fairly traditional yet open.

My mom was pretty much the same way. She was pretty closed about her inner life but she was into reading about the paranormal and a lot of the books I first read on the subject were hers, though I always got the impression that Christianity remained important to her too. Not that she ever preached or even really talked about it but when I'd rifle through her books there were lots of bibles, literature on St. Jude, etc.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 24, 2018, 05:03:01 PM
My mom was pretty much the same way. She was pretty closed about her inner life but she was into reading about the paranormal and a lot of the books I first read on the subject were hers, though I always got the impression that Christianity remained important to her too. Not that she ever preached or even really talked about it but when I'd rifle through her books there were lots of bibles, literature on St. Jude, etc.

I'd like to know more but I have to go pick up my wife.  I'll leave you with this. What sort of paranormal books did your mother read?

Jojo

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 24, 2018, 04:55:30 PM
Many Christians have Biblical support for Hell as a punishment then the human soul is destroyed, not tormented forever.  Even Satan after 1000 years could repent?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 24, 2018, 05:15:51 PM
I'd like to know more but I have to go pick up my wife.  I'll leave you with this. What sort of paranormal books did your mother read?

The usuals stuff: Shirley Maclaine, Ruth Montgomery, even that horrible fraud Sylvia Browne. There's probably a lot of other stuff I'm forgetting about right now too.

Gyoza Girl

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 24, 2018, 04:43:23 PM
She coughs ALL THE TIME because she's a very sick woman. Shirley was just sick that night.

As I've gotten older, I cough a lot more than I used to. Am I a "very sick woman"?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Gyoza Girl on February 24, 2018, 10:59:20 PM
As I've gotten older, I cough a lot more than I used to. Am I a "very sick woman"?

Probably.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 24, 2018, 05:44:23 PM
The usuals stuff: Shirley Maclaine, Ruth Montgomery, even that horrible fraud Sylvia Browne. There's probably a lot of other stuff I'm forgetting about right now too.

Ah, I see. I have somewhat different interests but it all boils down to what is next.  I am certain there is a next.

Gyoza Girl

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 24, 2018, 11:05:52 PM
Probably.

Well then I'd better rush to my doctor ASAP, because I know you'd never use an innocuous incident as grist for another unfounded conspiracy theory.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Gyoza Girl on February 25, 2018, 12:15:00 AM
Well then I'd better rush to my doctor ASAP, because I know you'd never use an innocuous incident as grist for another unfounded conspiracy theory.

If you're coughing all the time it probably wouldn't hurt to do that.

ItsOver

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 24, 2018, 04:43:23 PM
She coughs ALL THE TIME because she's a very sick woman. Shirley was just sick that night.
At least she does a good Amos 'n' Andy routine.

http://youtu.be/Y-H9BOIYhgc

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 25, 2018, 12:58:44 AM
If you're coughing all the time it probably wouldn't hurt to do that.
You've probably heard it all, but mucous relief pills can help.  But do keep coughing; don't give up or let it stagnate.  Some chronic coughs are post nasal in origin.  I dump Afrin out and then pour nasal saline spray into the pump.  Pump works great then.  Honey helps.  Echinechea might cure you.  Take a deep breath, hold it until it tickles but don't cough, then let out but still don't cough.  That activates your body to gently push the mucous up, about five minutes later, usually in the form of clearing the throat!  If you succumb to coughing, try again but take a lesser breath to reduce the challenge.

albrecht

"I'm going to throw my hat in the ring....uhherrrr....throw up the white towel." <---Norry after unable to guess who was knocking on the "secret door."

TigerLily

Quote from: Jojo on February 24, 2018, 02:49:21 AM
I couldn't believe George cancelled her over a simple coughing fit, instead of letting Tom handle it.  Or even reschedule her the same week. M Or even reschedule her at all! Do you think he delighted in her hardship?

Hi Jojo. Apologies for the delayed reply. Currently, I am having difficulty maintaining geosynchronous orbit. I heard that "interview". My assumption was Maclaine caught on very quickly  to what a know-nothing doofus Norry was. And revved up those excellent acting chops to make a very quick exit, stage left. Never to return

albrecht

Quote from: Jojo on February 25, 2018, 01:41:10 PM
You've probably heard it all, but mucous relief pills can help.  But do keep coughing; don't give up or let it stagnate.  Some chronic coughs are post nasal in origin.  I dump Afrin out and then pour nasal saline spray into the pump.  Pump works great then.  Honey helps.  Echinechea might cure you.  Take a deep breath, hold it until it tickles but don't cough, then let out but still don't cough.  That activates your body to gently push the mucous up, about five minutes later, usually in the form of clearing the throat!  If you succumb to coughing, try again but take a lesser breath to reduce the challenge.
Avoid by cleaning sinus cavities
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f_5nHV8FJyI

Jojo

Quote from: TigerLily on February 25, 2018, 10:35:22 PM
Hi Jojo. Apologies for the delayed reply. Currently, I am having difficulty maintaining geosynchronous orbit. I heard that "interview". My assumption was Maclaine caught on very quickly  to what a know-nothing doofus Norry was. And revved up those excellent acting chops to make a very quick exit, stage left. Never to return
Lol!  For sure!
My orbit's messed up too.

Dateline

Coming soon to a Norry near you, a "Grampers Pampers" moment.

NoMoreNoory

Joorch introduces LA Marzulli. Marzulli says 'It's good to be with you again.' To which Joorch replied:

"Looking pleasure."

And on he went, as though nothing remarkable had happened. I'm going to try it tomorrow. When the first person I encounter asks me "How ya doin'?", I shall tip my hat, smile pleasantly and confidently declare "Looking pleasure."

I assume he was starting to offer his usual "Looking forward to this", and got overtaken by an unexpected "Oweez a pleasure, my friend" and the two collided in the Noory brain and collapsed in an undignified heap in the mushmouth.

It's a kind of genius.

-GNS

aldousburbank

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on February 27, 2018, 12:31:36 AM
Joorch introduces LA Marzulli. Marzulli says 'It's good to be with you again.' To which Joorch replied:

"Looking pleasure."

And on he went, as though nothing remarkable had happened. I'm going to try it tomorrow. When the first person I encounter asks me "How ya doin'?", I shall tip my hat, smile pleasantly and confidently declare "Looking pleasure."

I assume he was starting to offer his usual "Looking forward to this", and got overtaken by an unexpected "Oweez a pleasure, my friend" and the two collided in the Noory brain and collapsed in an undignified heap in the mushmouth.

It's a kind of genius.

-GNS

Clashick!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on February 27, 2018, 12:31:36 AM

"Looking pleasure."

It's a kind of genius.

-GNS

Maybe they should start calling it noorymouth instead.

zeebo

No one knows how to sell inconclusive lab tests like LA Marzulli.

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 27, 2018, 12:44:35 AM
Maybe they should start calling it noorymouth instead.

Perhaps LA is wearing a dress on Skype?
Or they had to edit out for brevity?

GravitySucks

“How’s weather up your neck? In the woods?”  GNS

Jojo

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 27, 2018, 02:14:46 AM
“How’s weather up your neck? In the woods?”  GNS
Seriously for real?

GravitySucks

“And when people study, where do they learn from?” GNS

ItsOver

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 27, 2018, 03:14:45 AM
“And when people study, where do they learn from?” GNS
LOL.  Apparently for Jorch, it wasn't from the Communications Department at the University of Detroit.

What is the dope going to offer from our entertainment tonight?