• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

BBC Take on the Illuminati

Started by Uncle Duke, August 11, 2017, 06:58:02 AM

Uncle Duke

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20170809-the-accidental-invention-of-the-illuminati-conspiracy

Well written article with interesting historical content.  Doubt it will be embraced by some here, but still a good read.

Jackstar

Quotethe ‘cover-ups’ of our times â€" such as who shot John F Kennedy

'Obvious' bias is 'obvious.'

Quotethe mind-blowing epiphany â€" the realisation that it’s all fake

I remember it differently.

QuoteThe picture that this paints of modern America is a dark one, especially for Swami who has seen a change in who normally promotes conspiracy material. “Particularly in South Asia, conspiracy theories have been a mechanism for the government to control the people. In the West, it’s typically been the opposite; they’ve been the subject of people who lack agency, who lack power, and it’s their lacking of power that gives rise to conspiracy theories to challenge the government."

Okay, if that's true, what do detectives do?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Jackstar on August 11, 2017, 08:46:35 AM
'Obvious' bias is 'obvious.'

I remember it differently.

Okay, if that's true, what do detectives do?

Make chem trails, and ask who shot JFK, but don't give an answer.

ZaZa

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 11, 2017, 08:54:05 AM
Make chem trails, and ask who shot JFK, but don't give an answer.

The more posts from Jackstar I read the more assurance I have that he has brain cancer.
He is trying so hard to be.. 'stupid cryptic' ..yet thinking that he is super original and super clever with his one liners stupid cryptic posts.
Question is not who shot JFK, but who made Jackstar stupid.

Juan

You're saying Jackstar is John McCain?

Jackstar

Quote from: ZaZa on August 11, 2017, 10:18:14 AM
Question is not who shot JFK, but who made Jackstar stupid.

Jews.

ZaZa

heater

Quote from: Juan on August 11, 2017, 10:21:54 AM
You're saying Jackstar is John McCain?

I've never seen them in the same room. I check'd it, the maths work out.

ZaZa

Quote from: Jackstar on August 11, 2017, 10:23:11 AM
Jews.
Oooo, I think I know now. Jews took "Ignore function" from Bellgab and they sold it to MV. 

damon

Quote from: themudking on August 11, 2017, 10:36:59 AM
I've never seen them in the same room. I check'd it, the maths work out.
I also never seen MV and John McCain in the same room too. Could they be the same people too?

heater

Quote from: damon on August 11, 2017, 11:28:44 AM
I also never seen MV and John McCain in the same room too. Could they be the same people too?

to be 100% transparent I've never seen you and MV in the same room.

damon

Quote from: themudking on August 11, 2017, 12:14:17 PM
to be 100% transparent I've never seen you and MV in the same room.
you are right but I never seen you and MV in the same room too. or JAZ too.

heater

Quote from: damon on August 11, 2017, 12:35:27 PM
you are right but I never seen you and MV in the same room too. or JAZ too.

I can explain that; i am MV and Jaz #youaretoo

damon

Quote from: themudking on August 12, 2017, 11:48:02 AM
I can explain that; i am MV and Jaz #youaretoo
So Many of us bellgabbers has not been in the same room together. Does that mean that we are all the same person that can do different voices?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: damon on August 13, 2017, 09:51:06 AM
So Many of us bellgabbers has not been in the same room together. Does that mean that we are all the same person that can do different voices?

Only one of us is a sexy Yorkshireman...

damon

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 13, 2017, 09:55:34 AM
Only one of us is a sexy Yorkshireman...
You are correct about that my friend. You bring sexy back to bellgab.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=717Kd0LnC60

Robert

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 11, 2017, 06:58:02 AMhttp://www.bbc.com/future/story/20170809-the-accidental-invention-of-the-illuminati-conspiracy

Well written article with interesting historical content.  Doubt it will be embraced by some here, but still a good read.
I became acquainted w Bob Shea in the late 1970s, & Bob Wilson in the late 1980s, having been introduced by libertarian friends.  I even wound up contributing to Shea's last 'zine.  I wouldn't credit them much w accidentally spreading the Illuminati idea.  They were influential, however, and a frequent unacknowledged source in Hollywood.  They chose to do Illuminatus! in Joycean style, so they could hardly blame Umberto Eco for writing on their material in a far more approachable manner.  I will say, though, that few people would've heard of Principia Discordia if not for them.  Kerry Thornley meanwhile had his life made a Hell by Jim Garrison.  At the line in JFK, "Who else's life are you going to ruin?" I wanted to shout back, "Kerry Thornley!"

Jackstar

Quote from: Robert on August 18, 2017, 09:10:51 PM
I became acquainted w Bob Shea in the late 1970s, & Bob Wilson in the late 1980s, having been introduced by libertarian friends.

And they say this forum is dead. Heh!

Robert

Quote from: Jackstar on August 29, 2017, 04:22:02 AMAnd they say this forum is dead. Heh!
Think The Man Who Met Andy Griffith would still be alive?