• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20130925 - Matthew Alper - God Part of the Brain

Started by MV/Liberace!, September 25, 2013, 04:48:13 AM

Can you imagine Snorry trying to interview like this?

Quote from: nooryisawesome on September 25, 2013, 09:45:45 PM
Can I get the posters who are listening tonight's opinion.
I am generally a religious person, but I'm not offended by athiest.
Is tonight's show worth me listening to, I really do not want  to subject myself to listening to a guests if all he is going to do is critique religion, talk about how it's impossible, etc.

I would pass on this particular show as Art suggested, however it is kind of a shame you are missing any of Art's shows!

Quick Karl

Art sounds like he is truly having fun.

I am very happy for Art!

Ward

Quote from: indigoo on September 25, 2013, 09:47:28 PM
Art's on point. This dude's view is as dogmatic as a religion. He's no scientist.

good observation indigoo.

SgtRocko

Quote from: Northcoaster on September 25, 2013, 09:47:15 PM
Not science, Art. Soyience.

Oy... another one.  People at work constantly put me into a position where I have to use the words "work", "word", "her", "later", etc. - woik, woid, huh, laytih...

Quote from: Spinner on September 25, 2013, 09:48:44 PM
You know... I don't remember Matthew being so "forceful" during previous interviews. Maybe I'm just not remembering correctly.
I'm not listening. But he was a prick back when.

steelbot

So, uncharacteristically I've been blowing up Art's Wormhole - GOD That sounds wrong - ...errr 'baby 7lb 3oz jeebus" whatever you peeps prefer!

PrairieGhost

Quote from: Ward on September 25, 2013, 09:46:39 PM
that's real? That is....hilarious! he was seriously tripping..... did you ask him what he was on?

Oh, it was real. He loved his shroom and I'm sure other things. I don't do that stuff so was never around to see what he did. There was be time he had a shroom party and all the people were out n the yard looking up in the sky talking! There's a video about my friend but I don't want to bring the mood down. It's a sad ass video.

Quote from: Ward on September 25, 2013, 09:48:55 PM
yes thank you MV, especially all those years you held the torch for a place to go and vent our thoughts on Art and all things Art-ish!

Absolutely. Coastgab was the only real refuge. The only place to go.

shell88

Who says one has to believe in an external god to be spiritual?  I don't find find this guy offensive. neither do I find him coming up with anything new or profound.  It's all kinda so what for me. Everything under the sun is perceptual, so I'm not quite sure why he thinks his own perceptions don't fall under that umbrella as well.  He's a bit narrow minded I think. He looked like he had a chip on shoulder in his bio pic on Art's page.

Mhayhurst

Is tonight's show worth me listening to, I really do not want  to subject myself to listening to a guests if all he is going to do is critique religion, talk about how it's impossible, etc.

Totally worth it and Art is great. Alpert is surprisingly low key so far in terms of pushing his belief, at least a lot more than I thought he would be. Art constantly questions him and the dialogue is rather pleasant.

Spinner

Quote from: SgtRocko on September 25, 2013, 09:41:36 PM
But as far as Atheists go, this guy is respectful and VERY low-key.  Most of the ones you hear are the non-religious equivalents of snake handlers or Fred Phelps.
LOL. Did you ever hear the atheist caller "Bill from Hartford"?  He would start practically screaming. I was afraid he was going to suffer an embolism right on the air. LOL

Quote from: canadiancommie on September 25, 2013, 09:49:37 PM
I would pass on this particular show as Art suggested, however it is kind of a shame you are missing any of Art's shows!
Thanks for a honest answer, I think I will pass. I've listened to every other show and I agree it is a shame. I realize people have different intrest and some people might want to listen to this prick. I'm looking forward to Thursday night.

Ward

Anyone remember the weird studio cam picture art posted while he was talking to Alper years ago? That was one weird picture.

steelbot

Quote from: PrairieGhost on September 25, 2013, 09:50:45 PM
Oh, it was real. He loved his shroom and I'm sure other things. I don't do that stuff so was never around to see what he did. There was be time he had a shroom party and all the people were out n the yard looking up in the sky talking! There's a video about my friend but I don't want to bring the mood down. It's a sad ass video.

My Opinion! Drugs and any other substance input to the body in quantities that the body isn't ready for - can def. have an exagerated "user desired" placebo effect - I have taken a lot of shrroms,LSD in MY life and never once saw vapor trails or anything like that - I've had better trips due to lack of sleep than anything!

SaucyRossy

Quote from: Ward on September 25, 2013, 09:53:32 PM
Anyone remember the weird studio cam picture art posted while he was talking to Alper years ago? That was one weird picture.

Nope, reminder??

Mhayhurst

Quote from: canadiancommie on September 25, 2013, 09:43:58 PM
Gonna say this with all honesty. I just put my money where my mouth is. Michael thanks for letting us go nuts.  This forum is a delight. It is becoming a very necessary accompaniment to Art's new show. Thank you for letting this group of maniacs to evolve naturally.  You're the best.   Kids check out that donate button

Here, here. Thank you MV!

Totally agree! "It is becoming a very necessary accompaniment to Art's new show"

steve0suprem0

Is it just me, or has art not played Cusco once since the sixteenth?

Northcoaster

Quote from: SgtRocko on September 25, 2013, 09:50:22 PM
Oy... another one.  People at work constantly put me into a position where I have to use the words "work", "word", "her", "later", etc. - woik, woid, huh, laytih...
LOL. I had a friend from Philly that I loved hearing say water.... wooter.

Northcoaster

Ok. I'm gonna have to take a half hour off in a minute for the South Park season premiere.

coaster

nofAcedAgent

Pretty mild in my opinion. Art is on fire, tune in!

SgtRocko

Quote from: Mhayhurst on September 25, 2013, 09:52:57 PM
Totally worth it and Art is great. Alpert is surprisingly low key so far in terms of pushing his belief, at least a lot more than I thought he would be. Art constantly questions him and the dialogue is rather pleasant.

Totally agree - I wasn't expecting this show to be all that interesting, but it's very interesting AND the banter between Art and Alper is PRICELESS.

Bulging Bell Curve alone is worth the price of admission

wenck

Quote from: steve0suprem0 on September 25, 2013, 09:55:27 PM
Is it just me, or has art not played Cusco once since the sixteenth?

Maybe I missed that one, but I haven't heard any Cusco. I actually sent Art an email about it. No reply yet.

SgtRocko

Quote from: Northcoaster on September 25, 2013, 09:55:35 PM
LOL. I had a friend from Philly that I loved hearing say water.... wooter.

That's another one they love... and numbers... Fowah, Foyv, Noyn... yeah...