• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20130924 - Seth Shostak - Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI)

Started by MV/Liberace!, September 24, 2013, 10:58:29 AM

AshamanWolf

Quote from: bigchucka on September 24, 2013, 08:16:04 PM
How'd ya think Brandon Sanderson did finishing up the series?
Honestly, while I am still saddened by Jordan's passing, I think that Sanderson finished it well. There are still things Jordan hinted at that we will never know, but, I think that he did as good as anyone, save perhaps Jordan's widow and editor teaming up, could have done.

Glad someone saw the reference in my name.

eddie dean

I enjoy Dames, for the entertainment value only.
It's pure fiction and it is fun to hear him get all worked up about his remote viewing adventures.

The General

Quote from: jazmunda on September 24, 2013, 08:18:18 PM
Art just makes me want to buy C Crane stuff.
God me too.  If I didn't already have one, I'd buy one of those FM transmitters.

PrairieGhost

Just to let you guys and gals know I called Sirius today and they offered me a radio for $20 that's a $100 radio and a free home/vehicle docking attachment. You could probably get the same.

Heather Wade

He may have a cold coming on, but he sounds fired up tonight.
This is actually happening.

nofAcedAgent

Yeah I bought one of the smaller Ccrane shortwaves for when I go backpacking and its awesome. Ive never had issues with signal in the mountains or woods.

Heather Wade

Quote from: PrairieGhost on September 24, 2013, 08:20:26 PM
Just to let you guys and gals know I called Sirius today and they offered me a radio for $20 that's a $100 radio and a free home/vehicle docking attachment. You could probably get the same.

Used? Refurb? New?  Sounds like you got a steal.

jazmunda

Art doesn't have much time to take a piss. Which is great for us.

Spinner

Quote from: The General on September 24, 2013, 08:20:17 PM
God me too.  If I didn't already have one, I'd buy one of those FM transmitters.
How do you like it? Does it transmit through walls with no problem?

onan

Quote from: The General on September 24, 2013, 08:20:17 PM

buying the wifi antenna when I get home.

PrairieGhost

Quote from: Redacted on September 24, 2013, 08:23:04 PM
Used? Refurb? New?  Sounds like you got a steal.

New, I'd just call them and ask them about it. Just say a friend mentioned it to you and m sure you'll get the same offer.

The General

Oh, yeah, I remember this guy.  Didn't remember his name.  Been a long time.  Sweet.

ItsOver

Quote from: Northcoaster on September 24, 2013, 08:18:50 PM
C Crane does have some cool shit.

I've got a C Crane PoGo MP3 player I'm still using.  It's got to be going on ten years old and it's still humming along. 

The General

Quote from: Spinner on September 24, 2013, 08:24:07 PM
It broadcasts through my whole town if I take off the attenuator.  :)
I got it on amazon.

bigchucka

Quote from: AshamanWolf on September 24, 2013, 08:19:42 PM
Honestly, while I am still saddened by Jordan's passing, I think that Sanderson finished it well. There are still things Jordan hinted at that we will never know, but, I think that he did as good as anyone, save perhaps Jordan's widow and editor teaming up, could have done.

Glad someone saw the reference in my name.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/House_Jordayne

A George RR Martin Easter (err... Dragon) Egg for you...

AshamanWolf

Art's voice, mixed with other classic, interesting guests, so nostalgic yet also new. Anyone else having a very strange version of déjà vu?

eddie dean

Quote from: Spinner on September 24, 2013, 08:24:07 PM

I didn't have much luck with my FM transmitter and returned it, but this was 6 or 7 years ago. I think  they have improved it since then.

steve0suprem0

Major frustrations getting the app to work tonight, but I think I got it.

sleeplessinca

Quote from: widespread1 on September 24, 2013, 08:18:33 PM
who is Seth Shitstack? ;)
Seth is pretty cool.  He's a silicon valley homie for me.  Always good fun.  Frank Drake (of the Drake's equation) worked closely with him.   My ex was a heavy contributor so I went behind the scenes in the day.  Mean to make fun if soneone's name you don't even know. :-\

The General

Quote from: AshamanWolf on September 24, 2013, 08:29:24 PM
Art's voice, mixed with other classic, interesting guests, so nostalgic yet also new. Anyone else having a very strange version of déjà vu?
It's like time travel.  It's the 90's again.

jazmunda

Also refreshing to have a guest on who knows their topic back to front.

sleeplessinca

Quote from: PrairieGhost on September 24, 2013, 08:20:26 PM
They sent me a free one.  All I needed was a powercord

widespread1

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 24, 2013, 08:30:03 PM
Seth is pretty cool.  He's a silicon valley homie for me.  Always good fun.  Frank Drake (of the Drake's equation) worked closely with him.   My ex was a heavy contributor so I went behind the scenes in the day.  Mean to make fun if soneone's name you don't even know. :-\

yeah I know lol dude is old school. I first seen him on a Bill Nye the Science Guy episode.

jazmunda

Quote from: The General on September 24, 2013, 08:31:18 PM
It's like time travel.  It's the 90's again.

Great. I'm skinny and have more hair. I'm also single and can leave the toilet seat up.

Maxwell

Quote from: coaster on September 24, 2013, 08:10:11 PM
Question for someone who hasnt been paying attention. if i click the pause button thing on sirious and go out for a smoke, will the show start back up where i left it?
The Sirius player lets you jump back up to five hours, even if you just started it or changed channels.  I had to leave the computer last night and missed the last half of the show.  When I got back, I fired up the player and just moved the slider back to the time when I left and finished listening to the show--didn't have to wait for the replay.

Spinner

Quote from: The General on September 24, 2013, 08:26:48 PM
It broadcasts through my whole town if I take off the attenuator.  :)
I got it on amazon.
That's good to hear. Mine will be arriving in a few days.
After I get it, I'll probably have a few questions for you, if you don't mind.