• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Audio Of You Making Music

Started by MV/Liberace!, June 12, 2014, 10:18:58 PM

Gd5150

If I had an MP3 of me making music this is what it would sound like.

http://youtu.be/vNhD-NW_IXs

coaster

Quote from: ksm32 on June 13, 2014, 12:52:10 AM
My MP3 is to big to load so does a link count?

It will be the first song that plays. I wrote it, and did everything but the drums and bass guitar as my drummer and bass player complete the band. You might like it.. and if you don't I would want to know as I have not yet done the final mixdown.

www.meatmonsterkills.com/pub-style-studios

The song is called Rattlesnake Smile. Slugish blues rock.

PS: I'm glad I'm not banned, but BAND.
Wow, thats a great song. I loved it. Well done.

For recording drums, I use an ancient battery powered PZM, mounted on a heavy wooden plank.

I am.... a barbarian.  :(

=Schlyder=

http://soundcloud.com/rod-dilschneider/continuum

Here is a test recording I did playing "Continuum" by Jaco Pastorius.

I did this shortly after getting a new bass.  I was just checking how it was sounding,  recording it straight into the DAW with no effects or anything.. just the flat signal from the bass.
Not the greatest take, but it was just to check levels and the tone. 

Juan

The summer of 1968, The Fabulous Bluenotes (Stax/Volt influenced band) and The Three Heads (Motown influenced singing trio), recorded live on a Wollensak stereo reel-to-reel tape recorder.  Some idiot insisted on screaming "MICKEY" through the night - I hope he is being forced to listen to an endless loop of sNoory Coast shows.

MV/Liberace!

just some random jams.  no actual "songs" we've worked on.  mistakes left in to give it character.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxACnZ1Vabs

starrmtn001

Quote from: mv on September 09, 2016, 12:07:11 AM
just some random jams.  no actual "songs" we've worked on.  mistakes left in to give it character.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxACnZ1Vabs
Cool riffs, man. ;)

PRAISE MV! ;D

Quote from: mv on August 18, 2017, 11:07:55 PM
a random little improv jam.

Not bad. It actually goes somewhere.

ksm32

Although I'm a bit of a metalhead in a hard rock band, I'm also a huge Waylon fan so I talked our drummer and bass player into recording my favorite country song of all time.

Jackstar

This is quality. Quit your day job.

=Schlyder=

https://soundcloud.com/rod-dilschneider/two-minutes-to-midnite-cover

Here's another sound test recording I did with a bass-less track of Iron Maiden's -Two minutes to midnight. 
I was testing flatwound strings on my fretless bass and was seeing how it came through in the mix with some heavy drums and guitars.
You can't even really tell it's fretless can you?  but if you listen closely you'll never hear any fret clank.  ;)

ksm32

Quote from: =Schlyder= on September 09, 2017, 04:21:05 AM
https://soundcloud.com/rod-dilschneider/two-minutes-to-midnite-cover

Here's another sound test recording I did with a bass-less track of Iron Maiden's -Two minutes to midnight. 
I was testing flatwound strings on my fretless bass and was seeing how it came through in the mix with some heavy drums and guitars.
You can't even really tell it's fretless can you?  but if you listen closely you'll never hear any fret clank.  ;)

2-Mins is a great song.

So, are you playing bass in place of the original track? If so, why not just get a band together and do it all for real. I enjoyed that, and you're right about the fret clank. Or lack of

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ksm32 on September 09, 2017, 12:19:59 AM
Although I'm a bit of a metalhead in a hard rock band, I'm also a huge Waylon fan so I talked our drummer and bass player into recording my favorite country song of all time.

Good vox! Is that you? 

ksm32

Managed to get floor licking drunk and do this from top to bottom in three hours. Even my drumming is acceptable and I used three Les Paul's doing so.

It's fine to trash it if you like, I'm a Vulcan and have no ego to bruise.

Rix Gins

Damn.  You've got talent, bro!

ShayP

I'd rock this with the windows down any time. :D  Good stuff man.  8)

Swishypants

I ain't fallin' for no banana in the tail-pipe! What kind of trojans are in this thing?

cweb

Wow, solid stuff dude!

You're right- tighten up the drums a bit. But it's quite catchy and I like how you layered the guitars.

Jojo

Quote from: ksm32 on November 10, 2017, 02:14:22 AM
Managed to get floor licking drunk and do this from top to bottom in three hours. Even my drumming is acceptable and I used three Les Paul's doing so.

It's fine to trash it if you like, I'm a Vulcan and have no ego to bruise.
How many people are doing it?  I like the way the on and off cymbols make an electronic noise effect.  And the way that the song has a lot in common with a variety of rock music but doesn't entirely mimic other groups. It's a catchy refrain, although I couldn't make out the words in the verses.  The sound was great, no up and down extremes, and pretty constant.  For rock music it is nice work!

Rix Gins

Quote from: Jojo on January 14, 2018, 04:18:50 PM
How many people are doing it?  I like the way the on and off cymbols make an electronic noise effect.  And the way that the song has a lot in common with a variety of rock music but doesn't entirely mimic other groups. It's a catchy refrain, although I couldn't make out the words in the verses.  The sound was great, no up and down extremes, and pretty constant.  For rock music it is nice work!

Pretty sure that's ksm32 himself on all instruments and vocal.  Dubbing, you know?  It is a very well done tune, especially when you consider that it is just one person.

bateman

Asuka Langley

This is the kind of music my grandpa listens to but i really like it

albrecht

I liked it. More of an old school feel than the crap one hears on radio these days. A bit short, maybe, another solo needed, or fade out on lyrics? Idk. Though I did an interesting "test"  over the holidays on some younger relatives while driving. Made them "thumbs up or down" on songs on XM or playlist. Surprisingly, or not, "thumbs up" for Judas Priest, Maiden, Aerosmith, AC/DC, and Mega from the boys- a half-thumb though for "Night Prowler?" Too much bluesy, slow? And, to some friend one was facetiming apparently with her friend saying "whats that music" to me singing in heavy traffic to Mel Tillis and a brilliant rendition during a "Battle of New Orleans" when I switched over to Willie Channel. So I am no judge? Or could've been my singing. Haha. Except for good music and there is promise for music in the younger, male generation. But that was pretty good.

Dr. MD MD

Noice! A couple minor points of criticism, if you don't mind. Overall, the levels are a bit high. I think maybe the guitars (as awesome as they are) should come down a tad. Also, the snare sounds a little dark and muffled to me. This could just be a matter of personal preference though. I like to hear a lot of crack in my snare. The ending was a little weird too, sounding like it got cut off or something. Other than that, nice job! :)

ksm32

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 14, 2018, 06:48:12 PM
Noice! A couple minor points of criticism, if you don't mind. Overall, the levels are a bit high. I think maybe the guitars (as awesome as they are) should come down a tad. Also, the snare sounds a little dark and muffled to me. This could just be a matter of personal preference though. I like to hear a lot of crack in my snare. The ending was a little weird too, sounding like it got cut off or something. Other than that, nice job! :)

Yeah, I've remixed it a few times since the original post as the snare was bugging the shit outta me. Two weeks ago I decided (before recording another) to check the under side of the snare drum and found BROKEN SPRINGS (snares) Fuck! I appreciate what you had to say :)

Like I said up top it was a three hour funtime in my studio with copious supplies of single malt. All in all it was damn fun. Working on an EP, along with my drumming. Nobody buys that kind of music anymore so I do it for me to crank up around the property while I work outside. It sounds good in a blend of Motorhead and Waylon, the one and only.

ksm32

Quote from: albrecht on January 14, 2018, 06:27:44 PM
I liked it. More of an old school feel than the crap one hears on radio these days. A bit short, maybe, another solo needed, or fade out on lyrics? Idk. Though I did an interesting "test"  over the holidays on some younger relatives while driving. Made them "thumbs up or down" on songs on XM or playlist. Surprisingly, or not, "thumbs up" for Judas Priest, Maiden, Aerosmith, AC/DC, and Mega from the boys- a half-thumb though for "Night Prowler?" Too much bluesy, slow? And, to some friend one was facetiming apparently with her friend saying "whats that music" to me singing in heavy traffic to Mel Tillis and a brilliant rendition during a "Battle of New Orleans" when I switched over to Willie Channel. So I am no judge? Or could've been my singing. Haha. Except for good music and there is promise for music in the younger, male generation. But that was pretty good.

Good points made here. BTW, I love the Willie channel! Good music is universal whether it's Maiden, Mel, Motorhead or Waylon.

ksm32

Quote from: Rix Gins on January 14, 2018, 05:44:24 PM
Pretty sure that's ksm32 himself on all instruments and vocal.  Dubbing, you know?  It is a very well done tune, especially when you consider that it is just one person.

Correct! And thank you, Rix.