• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Bumper Music

Started by MV/Liberace!, January 24, 2009, 02:28:13 AM

Good drop there HAL. Soundcloud is the first place I visit when looking for any tune I've heard in media. Heard the following on Chuck and found it here http://soundcloud.com/tlc-2/flo-rida-right-round

Queen

Art Bell Classic bumber music from the 90's would be 90% cusco Apurimac lots of his bumber music comes from the first 2 Apurimac cd's  Apurimac ii  which is on the first apurimac cd has to be the best 1:30 ever in music. incredable.  Time travel back and get Cusco Apurimac a listen

HAL 9000

Quote from: NIN on December 21, 2010, 10:03:14 PMArt Bell Classic bumber music from the 90's would be 90% cusco Apurimac lots of his bumber music comes from the first 2 Apurimac cd's  Apurimac ii  which is on the first apurimac cd has to be the best 1:30 ever in music. incredable.  Time travel back and get Cusco Apurimac a listen

I have all the Cusco albums - any particular songs you'd like?  Make a list, and I'll check it twice to be sure if you've been naughty or nice... and post them.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: HAL 9000 on December 21, 2010, 10:58:29 PM
Quote from: NIN on December 21, 2010, 10:03:14 PMArt Bell Classic bumber music from the 90's would be 90% cusco Apurimac lots of his bumber music comes from the first 2 Apurimac cd's  Apurimac ii  which is on the first apurimac cd has to be the best 1:30 ever in music. incredable.  Time travel back and get Cusco Apurimac a listen

I have all the Cusco albums - any particular songs you'd like?  Make a list, and I'll check it twice to be sure if you've been naughty or nice... and post them.
please post them nice and high-res if u do.

What is it about Art Bell bumper music?  I've been listening to it for 10 years now and I still can't stop.  Some songs new for me, some in heavy rotation the whole decade.  I went on a trip last month and before I left, I went crazy on Amazon and iTunes buying bumper tracks for my iPhone.  I got Crazy on You, Year of the Cat, Layla, Crazy Little Thing Called Love, Black Velvet, The Big Hurt, It Don't Come Easy, and What a Wonderful World.

Queen

Apurimac ii and apurimac,  are both very very very very great songs from the first Apurimac cd.  Apurimac 2 cd . Quetzal’s Feather

HAL 9000

Here is a comprehensive list of Cusco songs I have, and should have them all uploaded by later tonight. They will be all combined into one RAR file for easy and simple access. The list is sorted by album, then by song.

Cusco\2000\01 - Cusco-Islands Of The Galapagos.mp3
Cusco\2000\02 - Cusco-South America.mp3
Cusco\2000\03 - Cusco-North Easter.mp3
Cusco\2000\04 - Cusco-Rift Valley.mp3
Cusco\2000\05 - Cusco-Dark Fascination.mp3
Cusco\2000\06 - Cusco-Canada - Last Paradise.mp3
Cusco\2000\07 - Cusco-Serengeti.mp3
Cusco\2000\08 - Cusco-Rythmn Of The Wilderness.mp3
Cusco\2000\09 - Cusco-Africa - Afrika.mp3
Cusco\2000\10 - Cusco-Flying Condor.mp3
Cusco\Apurimac\01 - Cusco-Apurimac.mp3
Cusco\Apurimac\02 - Cusco-Flute Battle.mp3
Cusco\Apurimac\03 - Cusco-Tupac Amaru.mp3
Cusco\Apurimac\04 - Cusco-Flying Condor.mp3
Cusco\Apurimac\05 - Cusco-Inca Dance.mp3
Cusco\Apurimac\06 - Cusco-Pastorale.mp3
Cusco\Apurimac\07 - Cusco-Amazonas.mp3
Cusco\Apurimac\08 - Cusco-Inca Bridges.mp3
Cusco\Apurimac\09 - Cusco-Andes.mp3
Cusco\Apurimac\10 - Cusco-Atahualpa - The Last Inca.mp3
Cusco\Apurimac\11 - Cusco-Fighting Inca.mp3
Cusco\Apurimac\12 - Cusco-Apurimac II.mp3
Cusco\Cool.Islands\01 - Cusco-Aurora.mp3
Cusco\Cool.Islands\02 - Cusco-Antartic Continent.mp3
Cusco\Cool.Islands\03 - Cusco-Penguin Dance.mp3
Cusco\Cool.Islands\04 - Cusco-North Easter.mp3
Cusco\Cool.Islands\05 - Cusco-Whale.mp3
Cusco\Cool.Islands\06 - Cusco-Walrus.mp3
Cusco\Cool.Islands\07 - Cusco-North Pole.mp3
Cusco\Cool.Islands\08 - Cusco-Iceberg.mp3
Cusco\Cool.Islands\09 - Cusco-Blizzard.mp3
Cusco\Cool.Islands\10 - Cusco-Tundra.mp3
Cusco\Desert.Island\01 - Cusco-Desert Island.mp3
Cusco\Desert.Island\02 - Cusco-Lampedusa.mp3
Cusco\Desert.Island\03 - Cusco-Helgoland.mp3
Cusco\Desert.Island\04 - Cusco-Catalina.mp3
Cusco\Desert.Island\05 - Cusco-Straits of Hormuz.mp3
Cusco\Desert.Island\06 - Cusco-Galapagos.mp3
Cusco\Desert.Island\07 - Cusco-Alcatraz.mp3
Cusco\Desert.Island\08 - Cusco-Hokkaido.mp3
Cusco\Desert.Island\09 - Cusco-Herrenchiemsee.mp3
Cusco\Desert.Island\10 - Cusco-Ireland.mp3
Cusco\Mystic.Island\01 - Cusco-North Easter.mp3
Cusco\Mystic.Island\02 - Cusco-Lucky Jack.mp3
Cusco\Mystic.Island\03 - Cusco-Catalina.mp3
Cusco\Mystic.Island\04 - Cusco-Fireshoes.mp3
Cusco\Mystic.Island\05 - Cusco-Solitude.mp3
Cusco\Mystic.Island\06 - Cusco-Leo.mp3
Cusco\Mystic.Island\07 - Cusco-The Fox And The Lady.mp3
Cusco\Mystic.Island\08 - Cusco-Milky Way.mp3
Cusco\Mystic.Island\09 - Cusco-Lonely Rose.mp3
Cusco\Mystic.Island\10 - Cusco-Pisces.mp3
Cusco\Tales.from.a.Distant.Land\01 - Cusco-The Waltzing Prince.mp3
Cusco\Tales.from.a.Distant.Land\02 - Cusco-The Fox and The Lady.mp3
Cusco\Tales.from.a.Distant.Land\03 - Cusco-Beauty And Animal.mp3
Cusco\Tales.from.a.Distant.Land\04 - Cusco-First Love.mp3
Cusco\Tales.from.a.Distant.Land\05 - Cusco-The Eternal Wanderer.mp3
Cusco\Tales.from.a.Distant.Land\06 - Cusco-The Lucky Jack.mp3
Cusco\Tales.from.a.Distant.Land\07 - Cusco-Fireshoes.mp3
Cusco\Tales.from.a.Distant.Land\08 - Cusco-The King of The Frogs.mp3
Cusco\Tales.from.a.Distant.Land\09 - Cusco-The Lonely Rose.mp3
Cusco\Tales.from.a.Distant.Land\10 - Cusco-Solitude.mp3
Cusco\Water.Stories\01 - Cusco-Waters of Change.mp3
Cusco\Water.Stories\02 - Cusco-Java.mp3
Cusco\Water.Stories\03 - Cusco-Seychelles.mp3
Cusco\Water.Stories\04 - Cusco-Lake Erie.mp3
Cusco\Water.Stories\05 - Cusco-Bur Said.mp3
Cusco\Water.Stories\06 - Cusco-Jebel At Tarik.mp3
Cusco\Water.Stories\07 - Cusco-Sun Of Jamaica.mp3
Cusco\Water.Stories\08 - Cusco-Lake of the Ozarks.mp3
Cusco\Water.Stories\09 - Cusco-Alcatraz.mp3
Cusco\Water.Stories\10 - Cusco-Bodensee.mp3
Cusco\Water.Stories\11 - Cusco-Aurora.mp3
Cusco\Water.Stories\12 - Cusco-Chorus.mp3

Just as a little something to hold you over, you'll find the opening theme attached as an mp3. If you've never heard in nice fidelity sound, you'll like this - you'll hear stuff you coud never discern on AM radio due to limited AM bandwidth.

[attachment deleted by admin]

HAL 9000

The above Cusco albums have arrived.

You can get them by clicking  HERE

ArtBellFan

Could someone please tell me what song this is..driving me crazy, the only time I remember hearing it was when Art interviewed John Lash on the Gnostics.  Download and listen here:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&send_id=1014548029&email=62eddab4a2f21d9d50116ce621bbb228

HAL 9000

Quote from: ArtBellFan on December 23, 2010, 11:42:35 PMCould someone please tell me what song this is..driving me crazy, the only time I remember hearing it was when Art interviewed John Lash on the Gnostics.

If I had a song name. it could probably happen - without it, I'm no good.  

ArtBellFan

Thanks for trying, I don't have a song name, now if I did I wouldn't be asking. ;D

ArtBellFan

Hal it is cool that put up Cusco, I got them all in the last couple of years on WinMx..I can't get yours since I don't have RAR  program, had it once and thought it not easy to use..

HAL 9000

Quote from: ArtBellFan on December 24, 2010, 12:23:12 AMHal it is cool that put up Cusco, I got them all in the last couple of years on WinMx..I can't get yours since I don't have RAR  program, had it once and thought it not easy to use..

Wow -  WinMX - it's so 2001 - it was fine back in the day - but so many other options exist.

Virtually anyone would be hard-pressed to find a compression program which does NOT handle RAR files. WinRAR is a free trial download which never expires, but even WinZIP handles RAR's a well as the super-awesome freeware 7-Zip program, which handles about anything. There are just too many compression programs to conveniently list and are all freeware which handle RAR's

Many FREEWARE programs which handle RARs: http://www.snapfiles.com/Freeware/downloader/fwzip.html

Total Recorder Standard Edition which you used for your sample mp3, as you know, costs money - you might be better served with this freeware program: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

From what I can tell, Total Recorder Standard Edition isn't even a sound editor.  I use Adobe Audition, but is a bit much for most users. I'll bet Audacity would serve most poeples' needs.

ArtBellFan

Thanks to PW I now know the name of the song, it is called "Prologue" by Loreena McKennitt from the album The Book of Secrets, The Mummers Dance is included in that Album.

HAL 9000

You want Prologue or the whole album? It's all in super Hi-Def mp3 320kb/s.

ArtBellFan

Quote from: HAL 9000 on December 24, 2010, 12:43:54 PM
You want Prologue or the whole album? It's all in super Hi-Def mp3 320kb/s.
Thank you, but I downloaded the album about and hour ago and burned it to a CD and am listening to it now.  I got it from WinMx.

HAL 9000

Loreena McKennitt
The Book of Secrets
Highest Quality mp3 Available (320kbps)

Titles:

01 - Loreena McKennitt - Prologue.mp3
02 - Loreena McKennitt - The Mummers' Dance.mp3
03 - Loreena McKennitt - Skellig.mp3
04 - Loreena McKennitt - Marco Polo.mp3
05 - Loreena McKennitt - The Highwayman.mp3
06 - Loreena McKennitt - La Serenissima.mp3
07 - Loreena McKennitt - Night Ride Across The Caucasus.mp3
08 - Loreena McKennitt - Dante's Prayer.mp3

You can get the entire album by clicking:   HERE

Two songs are attached mp3s

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ArtBellFan on December 24, 2010, 12:23:12 AM
Hal it is cool that put up Cusco, I got them all in the last couple of years on WinMx..I can't get yours since I don't have RAR  program, had it once and thought it not easy to use..
download 7zip.  it's free and handles most formats.

Queen

Quote from: ArtBellFan on December 23, 2010, 11:42:35 PM
Could someone please tell me what song this is..driving me crazy, the only time I remember hearing it was when Art interviewed John Lash on the Gnostics.  Download and listen here:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&send_id=1014548029&email=62eddab4a2f21d9d50116ce621bbb228

This song is called Mystical Dream by Loreena mckennitt

ArtBellFan

Quote from: NIN on December 29, 2010, 01:41:36 PM

This song is called Mystical Dream by Loreena mckennitt

Thank you. :)

HAL 9000

Quote from: NIN on December 29, 2010, 01:41:36 PMThis song is called Mystical Dream by Loreena mckennitt

Strangely, that song does not seem to exist amongst her discography. Rather, I see a song called The Mystic's Dream

ArtBellFan

It is called The Mystic's Dream from A Mediterrean Odyssey

Here it is and the one I was looking for.

Queen

hehe my bad, i was close tho lol  i was leaving for work, there was enough there to find it tho. :P :P

HAL 9000

Quote from: ArtBellFan on December 29, 2010, 06:50:52 PMIt is called The Mystic's Dream from A Mediterrean Odyssey Here it is and the one I was looking for.

Loreena McKennitt's
Mediterranean Odyssey

Well, I'm almost speechless. No offense meant here, but that sounds like crap. I can see what you've done - you've once again used Total Recorder 8.2, Standard Edition to record a Youtube video through your soundcard - but worse than that, you recorded it at 24kbps - which is less quality than many/most Internet radio streams, and on top of that recorded in MONO (not stereo). It really sounds bad. We can help you with the technical side, if you're willing to be helped. None of this is difficult.

What I have provided as attachments are CD quality - 320kbps perfect rips.

This is Loreena McKennitt's Mediterranean Odyssey - a 2CD set from 2009

Click: HERE to get both CDs

Genre: Folk
Quality: MP3 - 320 Kbps
Length: 1:43:45
Size: 238 MB

Mediterranean Odyssey
CD DISC 1: THE OLIVE AND THE CEDAR:

01 - The Mystic's Dream
02 - Tango To Evora
03 - The Gates of Istanbul
04 - Penelope's Song 
05 - Marco Polo
06 - Marrakesh Night Market
07 - Santiago
08 - Caravanserai
09 - The Dark Night of the Soul
10 - Sacred Shabbat
11 - Mummer's Dance [Single Version]

Mediterranean Odyssey
CD DISC 2: FROM ISTANBUL TO ATHENS:

01 - The Gates of Istanbul
02 - The Dark Night of the Sould
03 - Marco Polo
04 - Penelope's Song 
05 - Sacred Shabbat
06 - Caravanserai
07 - Santiago
08 - Beneath a Phyrgian Sky
09 - Tango To Evora
10 - Full Circle

Enjoy :)

The attachment is The Mystic's Dream

EvZe

Hey, where's Love Grows Where My Rosemary Goes?

HAL 9000

Quote from: EvZe on December 30, 2010, 02:32:57 PMHey, where's Love Grows Where My Rosemary Goes?

It's right under your nose...

Edison Lighthouse

Love Grows Where My Rosemary Goes

See attachment

SnoorysStache

RIP Gerry Rafferty - Best known for "Baker Street"  a song Art played many a times as bumper music.  He passed away Jan. 4 2011 after a long battle with liver disease. He was 63.

coastfan

One of C2C's signature pieces of bumper music.

Gerry Rafferty, of Steeler's Wheel before "Baker Street" solo track, SW's big hit being, of course, "Stuck In the Middle With You". (Or does that one actually have another title?)

HAL 9000

Quote from: SnoorysStache on January 04, 2011, 07:50:03 PMRIP Gerry Rafferty - Best known for "Baker Street"  a song Art played many a times as bumper music.  He passed away Jan. 4 2011 after a long battle with liver disease. He was 63.

Gerry Rafferty Tribute

All at high fidelity 320kbps

Click: HERE to get the album