• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Not BartCast

Started by Lilith, October 13, 2018, 07:20:33 AM

Metron2267

Always the class act brig is. :)

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Gunner65 on December 23, 2018, 07:59:42 PM
Username: True - Especially considering the time spent to produce such a thing may have been as much as an actual LIVE broadcast.

I'm not discrediting the amount of time, it must have taken to produce that. Except if you're gonna bring it, might as well be spoken word.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: albrecht on December 23, 2018, 08:01:24 PM
THAT is the whole point of the "you" tube. Aside from data-mining and such.

It certainly wasn't that way in it's earliest inception.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Metron2267 on December 23, 2018, 08:00:03 PM
Yeah, you're very consistent that way. I liked how MV said he prefers his keyboard - 2 honest guys with different styles. 8)

That wasn't me playing keyboard that was Robert Stanley..  8) he's going to get a great laugh once he hears that sound drop.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on December 23, 2018, 06:51:45 PM
You are hoping for a marzipaned-out kid? Marzipan versus sugar is, to use a urban analogy, like crack compared to regular powder cocaine.  I'm not a cook except certain things like chili, bbq, beans, etc but I kept a yuuge box of my grandma's recipes. And get requests from relatives (now by text even) for certain ones. One was in a frantic mode because hosting a divorced couple coming, both of whom want to see the grandkids, for glogg. Interestingly the several "recipes" of same were actually written out by my granddad! Ha. The only ones in the lot! But perusing the rest to find I saw a surprising variety of ways to "hide" vegetables into things. Cooks, moms, etc are "tricky."

Ha ha ha not my problem!

Good for keeping the recipe box; that stuff is treasure.  Granddad sounds like he knew how to "keep Christmas well", as they used to say.  Or, Norwegian, en riktig god jul.

Corona Kitty

At the end of the day however...... Merry Christmas to Ellgab.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on December 23, 2018, 08:14:33 PM
Ha ha ha not my problem!

Good for keeping the recipe box; that stuff is treasure.  Granddad sounds like he knew how to "keep Christmas well", as they used to say.  Or, Norwegian, en riktig god jul.
I kept some of the others from her various civic, neighborhood (a BIG source of fooling children/husbands into vegetables,) and church cookbooks also. Sometimes give as gifts to new wives in family. Sexist? Maybe. But fun. I particularly like the one "hint" in one book about "if you are feeling tired from chores to put a spoon of cayenne pepper in your tea" and "you will be awake and perky for when husband gets home. And is good for your heart and liver."

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on December 23, 2018, 08:22:08 PM
I kept some of the others from her various civic, neighborhood (a BIG source of fooling children/husbands into vegetables,) and church cookbooks also. Sometimes give as gifts to new wives in family. Sexist? Maybe. But fun. I particularly like the one "hint" in one book about "if you are feeling tired from chores to put a spoon of cayenne pepper in your tea" and "you will be awake and perky for when husband gets home. And is good for your heart and liver."

Those old cookbooks churned out as fundraisers are great.  I swear by one "Kitchen Secrets of the Daughters of Norway" put out by a lodge in Montana somewhere, far better than that Astrid Karlsen Scott everyone treats like an authority on baking.  I have been warring with her for years (God rest her soul) over some of her stuff.  "Make sure your almonds are of the best quality", as though the store has good, better, best, and "rinse the butter to drive out excess salt" wtf?  The poor lady desperately needed an editor.

WOTR

Quote from: Metron2267 on December 23, 2018, 04:36:45 PM
You really need to listen to the rip Brig posted of Friday's epic HLW meltdown and and all the "Goddamns".

https://www51.zippyshare.com/v/ioJvFQ73/file.html

But first check her thread and view the stripper pics. ;)
Well, thank you.  I made it about an hour and a quarter into "poor me" and "I won't make excuses (aside from the 20 minutes I already spent making excuses)" and "I don't want anybody to feel sorry for me... but..."

Thank you for reminding me why it is that I cannot stand to listen.  I'm sure that I should feel something along the lines of sympathy- but I cannot.

I will say that grief does suck.  Christmas will suck for her like it has for millions who have lost a loved one.  But that is simply over the top.

Metron2267

Yes it was over the top, but that much pain at Christmas is an awful thing to live through. Maybe her little FB menagerie can pump some cheer into her, or maybe not. I shall say a prayer for her and applaud her decision not to do any Christmas shows.

Merry Christmas to all here and God Bless the cat ladies of Ellgab!

Dr. MD MD

Yeah, Merry Christmas, you stupid, insecure douchebags. ;D

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 24, 2018, 11:05:01 AM
Yeah, Merry Christmas, you stupid, insecure douchebags. ;D

Your comma usage is to die for.

WOTR

Quote from: Metron2267 on December 24, 2018, 10:49:33 AM
Yes it was over the top, but that much pain at Christmas is an awful thing to live through. Maybe her little FB menagerie can pump some cheer into her, or maybe not. I shall say a prayer for her and applaud her decision not to do any Christmas shows.

Merry Christmas to all here and God Bless the cat ladies of Ellgab!

I'll agree.  I hope she finds somewhere to go for Christmas and that she makes it through a little stronger for the experience.  The first year is the hardest...

While I have already wished a Merry Christmas to the vaguely lovable posters of this board elsewhere, I will say "Merry Christmas" to the cat ladies (cat people?) of Ellgab and to Heather as well, if she is reading here...

chefist

It just wasn't what I find funny...that said, the French laugh at Jerry Lewis...c'est la vie.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Σ> on December 24, 2018, 01:11:43 PM

Praise from Ceasar...on Christmas no less! There really is a Santa Clause. :D

Lilith

Jackstar would never allow it.

Jackstar

I simply can't be bothered.

Kidnostad3

You ought to see how he dangles his participles. 

chefist

Bart is triggered...ha...gay Canadian that has to copy MVs ingenuity.

i have ass aids cancer.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: chefist on December 24, 2018, 03:12:36 PM
Bart is triggered...ha...gay Canadian that has to copy MVs ingenuity.

Bart seems to have a lot in common with kidnobrain.

Roswells, Art

It was that bad? I guess I'll have to watch it then. At least it's short.

WeinerInHand

Quote from: Roswells, Art on December 24, 2018, 04:28:33 PM
It was that bad? I guess I'll have to watch it then. At least it's short.

However,..