• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Azzerae on February 21, 2019, 03:07:55 PM
Before I joined BellGab or ever heard of Art, I was a hardcore John B. Wells fan. I'd listen to Coast, and enjoy it most when he was hosting.

Of course, George was the main host, and so I listened to him a lot more frequently. Being that I'd never come across BellGab yet, I listened with fascination (to the subjects) and my focus was always on the guests.

When I happened across this thread, I unknowingly white knighted for George and was met with all kinds of insults - most of which gave me a good laugh.

I say all this to say, only when I became an Art Bell fan, did I realize how much better Art was than any other host. But my opinion of George was largely modified over the years by the grudge Art held for him, and a lot of the drama that I found out via BellGab.

Even before Art passed, I was beginning to notice, I really don't hate George, and while he's not good by any stretch, he's listenable, and truly was the first guy I ever remember hearing on Coast.

I listen to Coast from time to time. Earlier today, I listened to a show from a couple days ago (about Star Seeds), and it really was enjoyable. Its certainly not something I can listen to every night, in the way I binged on Art's old shows, but Coast can be amusing.

I find myself laughing at some of the moments George is pretending to listen, be interested, or some of his childlike naivety. I laugh when I can tell a huckster is hawking their book. Often I'll turn a show off quick, but I made it through a whole 2 hours with the guest this time.

I can't understand the hatred for George anymore, from anyone, quite frankly. He's an odd fellow, but he provides his version of Coast to this day, and really, he couldn't hurt a fly.

A lot of folks seem to revisit this thread and rant about mispronunciations or what have you, and run the show down. I think its a bit hollow at this point.

If people hate him so much, why keep listening? I guess for the same reason folks hate watch fake news networks.

Pretty straightforward, he initially was disliked because he wasn't Bell.  This is known as the Gene Bartow syndrome.  The dislike grew each time Bell came back, then quit on, his loyal fans here. Somehow, poor ol'George was despised more because Bell fucked over his listeners. 

LuLu

Quote from: 14 on February 21, 2019, 02:37:44 AM
Add to the list of morose songs, "Yesterday".  As if we don't have enough reminders of aging angst in our youth culture every day.  If you aren't depressed when Coast comes on, just wait a little bit.  What does he think Life is Short or Futile songs do for his popularity?  Cats in the Cradle, Sounds of Silence, Yesterday, Puff the Magic Dragon, How Many Roads Must A Man Walk Down, MacArthur Park, Dust in the Wind...

I DO NOT STAY UP LATE TO BE DEMORALIZED BY DEPRESSING SONGS.  We could be having a good time.  Life has enough unpleasantness already; don't remind me.  People like to think of positive things.  Why would we want reminders of life's miseries?

Jesus

Quote from: Uncle Duke on February 21, 2019, 06:13:51 PM
Pretty straightforward, he initially was disliked because he wasn't Bell.  This is known as the Gene Bartow syndrome.  The dislike grew each time Bell came back, then quit on, his loyal fans here. Somehow, poor ol'George was despised more because Bell fucked over his listeners.

Originally, I’d agree. But after a while Noory can be evaluated on his own. People have talked the reasons he sucks, so their no reasons to rehash it. He’s had all the time in the world to develop whatever show he wants but it’s just the same rehashed guests with millions of commercials.

I believe Noory would be better served just letting loose and doing the show he wants to do. Noory has made references that he tried to please affiliates and people at his network. Noory is too corporate the show is very manufactured. My criticism of Noory has actually shifted from he is a horrible slimy radio host to believing Noory is a corporate yes man who wants to keep the “fame” and lifestyle from hosting C2C. I don’t really blame him for that.

Noory has sacrificed a lot of host C2C. He stated working weird hours in the past effected his marriages. Noory also goes to a lot of affiliate promotions He’s stated that he doesn’t see his family as much as he wants to due to the show. Even works  most major holidays. As long as he is maintaining status quo, Noory has very little motivation to try to work on things. That’s why open lines were all but eliminated, the same  guest cycle continues, bumper music stays the same, and the format remains unchanged.

As a result C2C remains stagnant, boring, and repetitive. That is largely on Noory. But I’m his defense I wonder how much control Noory actually has. I think much of the shows is ran by Lisa Lyon and other corporate interest.

Jojo

Quote from: Azzerae on February 21, 2019, 03:07:55 PM
Before I joined BellGab or ever heard of Art, I was a hardcore John B. Wells fan. I'd listen to Coast, and enjoy it most when he was hosting.

Of course, George was the main host, and so I listened to him a lot more frequently. Being that I'd never come across BellGab yet, I listened with fascination (to the subjects) and my focus was always on the guests.

14 replies:  You are not alone.  Bellgab is every bit as entertaining as Coast.

When I happened across this thread, I unknowingly white knighted for George and was met with all kinds of insults - most of which gave me a good laugh.

14 replies:  You are not alone.  Many of us have been there.[/i]

I say all this to say, only when I became an Art Bell fan, did I realize how much better Art was than any other host. But my opinion of George was largely modified over the years by the grudge Art held for him, and a lot of the drama that I found out via BellGab.

Even before Art passed, I was beginning to notice, I really don't hate George, and while he's not good by any stretch, he's listenable, and truly was the first guy I ever remember hearing on Coast.

I listen to Coast from time to time. Earlier today, I listened to a show from a couple days ago (about Star Seeds), and it really was enjoyable. Its certainly not something I can listen to every night, in the way I binged on Art's old shows, but Coast can be amusing.

I find myself laughing at some of the moments George is pretending to listen, be interested, or some of his childlike naivety. I laugh when I can tell a huckster is hawking their book. Often I'll turn a show off quick, but I made it through a whole 2 hours with the guest this time.

14 r.eplies:  "Often I'll turn a show off quick" - - wise words.

I can't understand the hatred for George anymore, from anyone, quite frankly. He's an odd fellow, but he provides his version of Coast to this day, and really, he couldn't hurt a fly.

14 replies:  His idea of a coast is Trump surrounded by beautiful (not ordinary) women in bikinis.  He basically said so.

A lot of folks seem to revisit this thread and rant about mispronunciations or what have you, and run the show down. I think its a bit hollow at this point.

14 replies:  We have to take our fun where we can get it, even if it's from George's hollow head.

If people hate him so much, why keep listening? I guess for the same reason folks hate watch fake news networks.

14 replies:  George.  The host we love to hate.  Who wouldn't hate a shameless hussy like George.  Inconsiderate, patronizing, insulting, wantonly bad, and deigns to be conceited.  I'm sick & tired of re-arranging my evenings, my meals & my caffeine to suit the show, when as often as not, I bail out quickly.  I have sworn off George for a while before and am definitely considering it again.

NoMoreNoory

Bill The Triple A returns! Complicated questions about Insight which left Prof Weintraub (excellent) congratulating Bill on how well versed he is and admitting he couldn't answer his questions, largely because Insight hasn't been returning data long enough.
And, yes, the presence of an astrophysicist meant Joorch had to trot out his 'I don't get the Big Bang' crap. Weintraub was very patient with him.

Jojo

I don't know why one guy was putting down the new flip phones.  Everyone knows flip phones were originally VERY popular, as the screen stays a lot cleaner and gets scratched less.  Plus, a thicker phone fits the curvature of the palm better.  The way the guy talked about the folding phone completely disregarded Motorola history.  I still use a flip phone.  He was very out of touch.

ItsOver

Quote from: nooryisawesome on February 22, 2019, 12:10:35 AM
Originally, I’d agree. But after a while Noory can be evaluated on his own. People have talked the reasons he sucks, so their no reasons to rehash it. He’s had all the time in the world to develop whatever show he wants but it’s just the same rehashed guests with millions of commercials.

I believe Noory would be better served just letting loose and doing the show he wants to do. Noory has made references that he tried to please affiliates and people at his network. Noory is too corporate the show is very manufactured. My criticism of Noory has actually shifted from he is a horrible slimy radio host to believing Noory is a corporate yes man who wants to keep the “fame” and lifestyle from hosting C2C. I don’t really blame him for that.

Noory has sacrificed a lot of host C2C. He stated working weird hours in the past effected his marriages. Noory also goes to a lot of affiliate promotions He’s stated that he doesn’t see his family as much as he wants to due to the show. Even works  most major holidays. As long as he is maintaining status quo, Noory has very little motivation to try to work on things. That’s why open lines were all but eliminated, the same  guest cycle continues, bumper music stays the same, and the format remains unchanged.

As a result C2C remains stagnant, boring, and repetitive. That is largely on Noory. But I’m his defense I wonder how much control Noory actually has. I think much of the shows is ran by Lisa Lyon and other corporate interest.
Jorch is like biting into a cold pizza roll, filled with oatmeal. 

albrecht

Listening to FEB 20's show while trying to find some suitcases and winter boots for an upcoming trip. Norry's show "doesn't do politics" but the "identify deception guest" is just talking about Smollet's fake hate crime, Pelosi living behind walls but now against it, how Democrats have flip-flopped on border security from just a few years ago, and how almost all reporters are anti-Trump. I agree with him- but "no politics?"  :o And, predictably, Norry pines for the good old days of reporters like Cronkite.  Norry claims he was non-partisan, which is totally not true. His was anti-Vietnam war and even later advocated in a speech for a global order and said if people claim that is satanic than "Join me! I'm glad to sit here at the right hand of Satan." (You can youtube his UN speech.) Norry also brings up his weird obsession with the Jon Benet Ramsey case.

ItsOver

It sounds as if this Jorch Noory guy sucks.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on February 22, 2019, 10:38:14 AM
It sounds as if this Jorch Noory guy sucks.
"Ahhh Geeez! Haw haw haw, interesting take," as Norry might say.

AZZERAE

Quote from: ItsOver on February 22, 2019, 08:17:20 AM
Jorch is like biting into a cold pizza roll, filled with oatmeal.

Crikey, that’s a horrid thought!

NoMoreNoory

Verily, Bill Bean (tonight's guest) is possessed by a demon. And know that the name of this demon is Bullshit.
And Noory is so passively accepting of this mumbo jumbo, it's pathetic.

ItsOver

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on February 23, 2019, 01:26:04 AM
Verily, Bill Bean (tonight's guest) is possessed by a demon. And know that the name of this demon is Bullshit.
Does Jorch still skip out early on Friday night for flapjacks with Tommee?

expat

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on February 23, 2019, 01:26:04 AM

It's not just me, then. Phew.

ItsOver

Looks like Jorch has LMH back, after Knapp had to cancel his LMH date last Sunday night.

DATE
Thursday - February 28, 2019
HOST
George Noory
GUESTS
Linda Moulton Howe
Investigative reporter Linda Moulton Howe checks in with her monthly report on strange and anomalous events taking place all over the world.

Jojo

Quote from: albrecht on February 22, 2019, 10:28:38 AM
Listening to FEB 20's show while trying to find some suitcases and winter boots for an upcoming trip. Norry's show "doesn't do politics" but the "identify deception guest" is just talking about Smollet's fake hate crime, Pelosi living behind walls but now against it, how Democrats have flip-flopped on border security from just a few years ago, and how almost all reporters are anti-Trump. I agree with him- but "no politics?"  :o And, predictably, Norry pines for the good old days of reporters like Cronkite.  Norry claims he was non-partisan, which is totally not true. His was anti-Vietnam war and even later advocated in a speech for a global order and said if people claim that is satanic than "Join me! I'm glad to sit here at the right hand of Satan." (You can youtube his UN speech.) Norry also brings up his weird obsession with the Jon Benet Ramsey case.

I don't know much about Cronkite.   Maybe that makes me more objective.  In the first minute of this video where he says that bit about the right hand of satan, he is clearly being facetious.  It is easy to tell based on his facial expression.

aldousburbank

Quote from: 14 on February 25, 2019, 12:46:49 AM
I don't know much about Cronkite.   Maybe that makes me more objective.  In the first minute of this video where he says that bit about the right hand of satan, he is clearly being facetious.  It is easy to tell based on his facial expression.

True. He was clearly the left hand of Satan.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: 14 on February 25, 2019, 12:46:49 AM

Cronkite was the talking head who sold the American public on the idea that the Vietnam War was unwinnable. 

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on February 25, 2019, 11:44:22 AM
Cronkite was the talking head who sold the American public on the idea that the Vietnam War was unwinnable.

And he did it in one fell swoop with this subjective opinion he expressed after visiting Vietnam following the Tet Offensive:

“t seems now more certain than ever that the bloody experience of Vietnam is to end in a stalemate . . . t is increasingly clear to this reporter that the only rational way out then will be to negotiate, not as victors, but as an honorable people who lived up to their pledge to defend democracy, and did the best they could.

“This is Walter Cronkite. Good night.”

Jojo

Quote from: aldousburbank on February 25, 2019, 07:50:58 AM
True. He was clearly the left hand of Satan.
Are you being facetious?  You look like it!  :)

Jojo

George told us to Google something.  What was it?  He was talking about Las Vegas.

He was too cavalier to the female guest.  Seems like a trend.

Jojo

Lounge.
Not social setting, restaurant, deli, coffee shop, meeting, orientation, team, support group, project, fundraiser, elevator, train, courtroom, wedding, service, lecture, panel, conference, event, or card game.
Nope.  Lounge.

Jojo

Quote from: 14 on February 27, 2019, 04:32:35 AM
Lounge.
Not social setting, restaurant, deli, coffee shop, meeting, orientation, team, support group, project, fundraiser, elevator, train, courtroom, wedding, service, lecture, panel, conference, event, or card game.
Nope.  Lounge.
...picnic, reunion, cruise, gathering...

albrecht

Packing up and listening to this hoot of a guest about underground tunnels, Bigfeet, and Antarctica. She is nailing it. Still waiting for her to mention the secret rooms in Post Offices and what their nefarious purposes will be!

Jojo

Howard Bloom just said wet dre*m and was not censored... Has he been that blunt before?

Jojo

Quote from: albrecht on February 27, 2019, 05:32:10 PM
Packing up and listening to this hoot of a guest about underground tunnels, Bigfeet, and Antarctica. She is nailing it. Still waiting for her to mention the secret rooms in Post Offices and what their nefarious purposes will be!
Lounges.

And tonight, bedbugs, mice, and songs George says to remember when you are depressed.