• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Started by Jojo, June 08, 2018, 11:12:31 PM

Jojo

Everyone else is doing it.  But images aren't working for my avatar.  I push the button to enter a URL, then I paste the URL, then I remove the redundant "http".  It usually ends in jpg.  Then I push Change (I think).  But I get no change. ??

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: monica on June 08, 2018, 11:12:31 PM
Everyone else is doing it.  But images aren't working for my avatar.  I push the button to enter a URL, then I paste the URL, then I remove the redundant "http".  It usually ends in jpg.  Then I push Change (I think).  But I get no change. ??

Can you download the image as a jpeg? And then add it from you folder it resides in?

Jojo

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 08, 2018, 11:14:18 PM

Can you download the image as a jpeg? And then add it from you folder it resides in?
Okay, that worked!  This newer Amazon tablet is different than my last few.  Thank you for your guidance, PUD.  Good to see you.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: monica on June 09, 2018, 01:04:13 AM
Okay, that worked!  This newer Amazon tablet is different than my last few.  Thank you for your guidance, PUD.  Good to see you.

yeah, the url method seems to rarely work.  don't know why.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: monica on June 09, 2018, 01:04:13 AM

The image you linked to isn't that big so I didn't change the size...I just uploaded it, and then made a few versions of the same thing that you could use if you want to. Just click on them, they're all Jpegs.

Jojo

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 09, 2018, 07:38:05 AM
The image you linked to isn't that big so I didn't change the size...I just uploaded it, and then made a few versions of the same thing that you could use if you want to. Just click on them, they're all Jpegs.
Oh, that thread!  Thank you so much!  My zebra dragonfly!  So cool!  Thank you!

Jojo

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 09, 2018, 07:38:05 AM
I chose the fourth one - I love the cameo (Is that what they call that oval?).  One of these babies landed on a teeny post in our yard last week - my first time ever seeing such a thing!  Thank you, PUD.  Hugs, Monica.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: monica on June 09, 2018, 11:08:21 PM
I chose the fourth one - I love the cameo (Is that what they call that oval?).  One of these babies landed on a teeny post in our yard last week - my first time ever seeing such a thing!  Thank you, PUD.  Hugs, Monica.

It's called a vignette. I took a few photos of one of those dragonflies today but unfortunately it was in a tree and so I could only get it from below. I got the hummingbird too.

Jojo

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 10, 2018, 09:30:39 PM

It's called a vignette. I took a few photos of one of those dragonflies today but unfortunately it was in a tree and so I could only get it from below. I got the hummingbird too.
Very neat.  Up in a tree, huh?  Maybe use some smoke and mirrors, ha ha.  Until this year, I never had seen these, only the usual purple iridescent ones.  You get around!  Have you ever seen two male hummingbirds being aggressive over territory?  They dive bomb the local, making shrieking noises!  But because they are small, it's background noise one might not notice or pay much attention to.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: monica on June 12, 2018, 12:17:50 AM
Very neat.  Up in a tree, huh?  Maybe use some smoke and mirrors, ha ha.  Until this year, I never had seen these, only the usual purple iridescent ones.  You get around!  Have you ever seen two male hummingbirds being aggressive over territory?  They dive bomb the local, making shrieking noises!  But because they are small, it's background noise one might not notice or pay much attention to.

We get bright orange ones. But they either land and stay when I don't have the camera, or they don't land when I do have it with me. I found out a fun fact the other day...Dragonfly eyesight is better than a rat's.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 12, 2018, 09:33:51 AM

We get bright orange ones. But they either land and stay when I don't have the camera, or they don't land when I do have it with me. I found out a fun fact the other day...Dragonfly eyesight is better than a rat's.

So where are your pictures of the rats?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 12, 2018, 09:37:10 AM
So where are your pictures of the rats?

Will squirrels do? Very close relative.

Yes, rats with nice tails.

Here's my dragonfly, no coloring on the wings

Jojo

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 12, 2018, 11:42:48 AM
Yes, rats with nice tails.

Here's my dragonfly, no coloring on the wings
Amazing.

Fourteen

Jojo

Quote from: Liberace on June 09, 2018, 04:19:11 AM

yeah, the url method seems to rarely work.  don't know why.
good to know!

Fourteen