• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

SheilaVG

I didn't hear this new show because I didn't want to pay for Sirius so don't know what happened but I'm glad to see he's coming back to the public (as in includes everyone) airwaves. It seemed very out of character that he'd come back in a way that was such that only those who wanted to pay a private company could listen. Very strange. It might well have been a plan all along; maybe hatched by a publicist or someone - to get back into everyone's consciousness- but who really cares. It's great that he'll be back in a way in which we can all listen. I must say though, if he does this again, I'm done with Art Bell.

Werd

This shouldn't surprise anyone.

dortmunder

Maybe Producer Paul could be kind enough to drop by here and tell us something...anything, other than "Well, it's been real....now fuck you all"?

elbee

Serial retiree? You mean a serial quitter?

alleyrulez

Quote from: SheilaVG on November 04, 2013, 06:07:17 PM
I didn't hear this new show because I didn't want to pay for Sirius so don't know what happened but I'm glad to see he's coming back to the public (as in includes everyone) airwaves. It seemed very out of character that he'd come back in a way that was such that only those who wanted to pay a private company could listen. Very strange. It might well have been a plan all along; maybe hatched by a publicist or someone - to get back into everyone's consciousness- but who really cares. It's great that he'll be back in a way in which we can all listen. I must say though, if he does this again, I'm done with Art Bell.

who says he IS coming back?

TumbleWeed

I sent art a wormhole message and an email.

' hey art, if your facebook was hacked or something, come on over to bell gab and calm everyone down. If not you suck"

analog kid

It's still somewhat ambiguous, isn't it? He hasn't emphatically said he's quitting yet, right?

edit: I guess he did. Damn.

AppealPlay

I sent a tweet to @ArtBellCom but I haven't gotten a reply yet.

bateman

Quote from: Chine on November 04, 2013, 05:52:49 PM
Yeah, thank goodness and also for Bateman's Dark Weekend.

Still hasn't fully sank in.
Quote from: Seraphim27 on November 04, 2013, 05:56:24 PM
Wait, when and where is Bateman's Dark Weekend? I need some Bateman-induced laughs.
Thanks, Chine. I'll try to get a new one up for this weekend, and this will assuredly be a regular thing from now on.

If you haven't heard the first one, it's up on www.darkweekend.net

P.S. Very sorry to hear about your dad, Seraphim.

sydtron

WHAT.... THE.....ACTUAL.....FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry, had to do that for my first post of the night.   FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!!  Goddamn shit on an apple stick!!!!! 

elbee

We have all been f*cked over by Art ..... AGAIN.

GabCast please!

Goodpumba

now what do i do with this dam radio

onan

just got done "chatting" with Sirius.

QuotePearl: Hi, my name is Pearl, Thank you for contacting SiriusXM.  How may I help you?
onan: Hello Pearl, I just heard Art Bell will no longer be broadcasting on SiriusXM. is that true?
Pearl: Hello onan.
Pearl: I'll be happy to help you with that information.
Pearl: I've checked this for you and I see that this channel is available on channel number 104 and this show will be telecasted at 10:00 pm â€" Monday Midnight.
Pearl: Currently we do not have any information on removing this channel.
onan: Yes I am aware of that, However Art Bell has stated Dark Matter will not be broadcasting.
Pearl: Currently we do not have any information on that onan: Thanks for your time

McPhallus

Quote from: jblank on November 04, 2013, 02:54:56 PM
Negotiating in front of your audience isn't the best way to get on your bosses good side, especially when you haven't even worked for them for 60 days yet.

Just sayin'.  :)

Good point.  Maybe he knew they wouldn't go for it if approached privately, and quitting was a ploy to see if they'd cave.  I doubt they will, though.... he's throwing a wrench in their business model.

This is too depressing, I sat here every fucking night for four hours. Didn't miss one fucking show, even the nights that Art canceled. FUCK. NOW WHAT DO WE DO WITH ALL THIS EXTRA WEED AND BANDWIDTH?! FUCSK./

bateman

Quote from: onan on November 04, 2013, 06:14:07 PM

How very helpful, "Pearl".  ::)

HumanBeing

Quote from: Dont Fear The Reaper on November 04, 2013, 05:05:55 PM
Yep. He came back out of anger/spite for Premiere. After a few weeks of doing the show, he realized he didn't want to do it. Instead of admitting that, he created a situation that SiriusXM would never agree to, knowing it would allow him to get out of the contract and make him look like the good guy to fans that didn't know any better.

Honestly, it's gutless and disappointing. And I say this as a guy who has listened to Art since he was 13 years old (32 now). What a joke.

Yeah I think that is exactly what happened.
He stated many times when he came back it was basically to kick C2C's ass... he got too caught up in that frame of thinking and let his ego get in the way of actually letting Dark Matter evolve. He came back for all the wrong reasons. You have to wonder now if some of the stuff Art said regarding C2C and their behavior towards the guests and Dark Matter actually happened like it did or was it just Art getting too carried away and paranoid. When he was not getting the results he expected would come easily he probably got frustrated and had enough. There was no way in hell Sirius XM was going to allow free streaming of a show, it just never made much sense at all. I think Art's age, his ego, cynicism has finally caught up to him. He and Keith were putting up, in my opinion, very questionable paranormal videos on the site and that was only to try and drive traffic there. It was so obvious it was a little sickening that there didn't seem to be no filter or screening of the youtube videos. It is so frustrating. What a huge dick move to do without letting his listeners know he has another plan. George, Tommy and the rest of them must be laughing their asses off. Art is destroying his own legacy with all this nonsense.

HumanBeing

Quote from: guildnavigator on November 04, 2013, 06:14:55 PM
This is too depressing, I sat here every fucking night for four hours. Didn't miss one fucking show, even the nights that Art canceled. FUCK. NOW WHAT DO WE DO WITH ALL THIS EXTRA WEED AND BANDWIDTH?! FUCSK./

haha yeah, packing a bowl of fresh BC green here now... I'm sure I'll feel better soon  :o

Uncle Duke

I assume I will be getting an apology from whoever it was who jumped my shit for calling Art flakey, and saying I wondered how long it would be before he pulled another "no mas, no mas".  Professional and loyal to his fans my ass. 

I sincerely hope Art gets the help he apparently needs.

Asadora

I am going to continue to have hope that all of this will work out. I'm not going to stop supporting Mr. Bell, when things get tough or when things get 'glitchy'.  There are a number of reasons as to why Mr. Bell's personal facebook page is no longer active and so he shouldn't be slanted for it without there to be 'proven' fact as to what -actually- has happened to it.

People that express their devotion and admiration for Mr. Bell until something unexplainable happens all of a sudden, those very same people turn nasty, against a man who is just as -human- as the rest of us, makes it easy for Mr. Bell to perhaps consider to not continue, which would be detrimental to his true and -loyal- fanbase.

Mr. Bell has made every attempt at filling the needs of his domestic listeners and his international listeners by using Skype for international callers. His first Dark Matter show, he explained in detail as to what happened between him and C2C. He didn't -have- to give us an explanation as to what really happened, but he did. How many of us would be able to do the same, after getting the same flack which is currently being given to him now?
He faced the expectant wrath once and I believe that he will do it again. Just be patient.

I realise that a lot of people are upset and frustrated, but from what I can see there is no reason to jump this ship, for I truly believe that this ship is only changing its course and I'm certainly still remaining for the ride.

(This post only expresses my personal views and is not meant to cause a flame war or offend anyone.)

Kind Regards,
from those of us that listen quietly.

TumbleWeed

Quote from: guildnavigator on November 04, 2013, 06:14:55 PM
Streaming -
Strippers and weed?
good use for both.

The General

I'll be tuning in at normal time,
and I better hear Art's fucking voice, LIVE...
preferably with an apology.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: The General on November 04, 2013, 06:17:44 PM

You will be disappointed. :-\

jazmunda

I feel sorry for Producer Paul who may have quit a job to join Art on this ill-fated venture.

I also feel sorry for Keith who has no doubt spent hours upon hour of work perfecting artbell.com only to see his efforts get flushed down the toilet on the whim of an flaky boss.

indigoo

Don't worry folks, in 24 hours his website will be no more. After all, that's what quitters do. Leave no trace Artie.

Can you tell I'm furious at this bozo? Never seen someone squander so much success and public affection.

jazmunda

Quote from: The General on November 04, 2013, 06:17:44 PM

Good luck with that.

herbalizer

You know what? Fuck Art whatever his reasons are the fact he deactivated his FB page and just leaves us holding the bag like a bunch of suckers is enough for me to say good riddance. What really pisses me off is imagining George Norry sitting reading this on his iPhone 3GS with a shit-eating grin on his ugly fucking face. Fuck you George, I ain't comin back BITCH!

LOL...how did you not throw your phone out the window? Not that I'm surprised because they are always clueless,but frustrating nonetheless.