• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

DeLonge's delusional, but he's persistent

Started by Uncle Duke, October 12, 2016, 09:51:05 AM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on October 22, 2016, 11:52:01 AM
The idiots on the far left predicted that every Republican president starting with Reagan was going to declare martial law, and the idiots on the far right predicted that every Democratic president was going to do the same. Meanwhile, those secret U.N. internment camps hidden away in the mountains and deep woods have been gathering dust for about thirty-five years.

I remember a few years ago ( maybe 2010-11?) Alex Jones cried on his show that the following year Obama was going to enforce mass flu vaccination. Those that refused would be taken to these camps and be made to have the jabs. Only, erm, it never happened. I'm not sure AJ has mentioned it since.

And nobody should worry about Hillary taking our guns, because Obama will get around to doing that before he leaves office. At least that's what some people have been saying for almost eight years.

He he...another AJ 'prediction'. I believe he also said live on air 1999-2000 that the Russians had launced ICBM's at the USA, and got away with it because all the computers had gone down.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 22, 2016, 04:51:39 PM
He he...another AJ 'prediction'. I believe he also said live on air 1999-2000 that the Russians had launced ICBM's at the USA, and got away with it because all the computers had gone down.

He's in good company. On March 23, 1994 a local of Edison, NJ called into Art Bell thinking that this was a nuclear explosion. Art started panicking about this on air. I tried to find a YouTube of that episode but couldn't see it. I'm sure it's out there somewhere though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyMbaZ9FVjA

Uncle Duke

Tonight on Linda Moulton Howe's live radio show (with cohost John Burroughs of Rendlesham fame) on KGRA, she asked guest Nick Pope (UFO researcher/author and former UK MoD UFO focal point) his opinion on Tom DeLonge's disclosure efforts.  Pope laughed softly, then said he considered it a "red herring", that it had little credibility.  Poor LMH was incredulous, bringing up the leaked Podesta emails and the alleged retired US military and industry heavyweights who were helping DeLonge.  Referencing his experience within the MoD and having been in many high level policy meetings, Pope simply said if any one would come into a meeting of senior policy makers and recommend using a well known rock guitarist to be the face of such an effort, he'd be laughed out of the room.  LMH was totally speechless, leaving Burroughs to come to rescue by changing the topic.

Pretty much what I've said since Knapp brought this silliness to the forefront.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 01, 2016, 10:54:24 PM
Tonight on Linda Moulton Howe's live radio show (with cohost John Burroughs of Rendlesham fame) on KGRA, she asked guest Nick Pope (UFO researcher/author and former UK MoD UFO focal point) his opinion on Tom DeLonge's disclosure efforts.  Pope laughed softly, then said he considered it a "red herring", that it had little credibility.  Poor LMH was incredulous, bringing up the leaked Podesta emails and the alleged retired US military and industry heavyweights who were helping DeLonge.  Referencing his experience within the MoD and having been in many high level policy meetings, Pope simply said if any one would come into a meeting of senior policy makers and recommend using a well known rock guitarist to be the face of such an effort, he'd be laughed out of the room.  LMH was totally speechless, leaving Burroughs to come to rescue by changing the topic.

Wow I never thought I'd agree with nick pope

Jackstar

Pope simply said if any one would come into a meeting of senior policy makers and recommend using a well known rock guitarist to be the face of such an effort, he'd be laughed out of the room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V_w-kDLbl8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqEddipbpkw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahkMA6JPOHU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVeAQgxkN3M

oldfags: hilarious forever.

Dyna-X

Pope is controlled opposition, but on this matter he's mostly correct. Delonge is a red herring, but I still believe its for exactly this reason he's a planted herring to bring further smoke and mirrors to the UFO topic in the form of a limited hangout. LMH should know, the same thing happened to her in 1983 when she was promised material for her HBO production. The same thing happened to Robert Emmenegger.  Howe recalled the story about Emenegger in An Alien Harvest.  History repeats itself. Only this time instead of using TV producers they are being hip and using a rock star. Keeping up with the times, I guess. The PTB realize millenials don't look to old school media folks as heroes anymore.

Delonge knows these tales as well and that of Bennewitz as well. He believes he is the anointed one that really will get the truth this time with no explanation of just why he believes this.  He even claims to understand that in light of the past abuses he accepts why people would be suspicious of him. Imagine that.  Remember Lucy and Charlie Brown and the football?

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Dyna-X on December 02, 2016, 11:26:24 PM
Pope is controlled opposition, but on this matter he's mostly correct. Delonge is a red herring, but I still believe its for exactly this reason he's a planted herring to bring further smoke and mirrors to the UFO topic in the form of a limited hangout. LMH should know, the same thing happened to her in 1983 when she was promised material for her HBO production. The same thing happened to Robert Emmenegger.  Howe recalled the story about Emenegger in An Alien Harvest.  History repeats itself. Only this time instead of using TV producers they are being hip and using a rock star. Keeping up with the times, I guess. The PTB realize millenials don't look to old school media folks as heroes anymore.

Delonge knows these tales as well and that of Bennewitz as well. He believes he is the anointed one that really will get the truth this time with no explanation of just why he believes this.  He even claims to understand that in light of the past abuses he accepts why people would be suspicious of him. Imagine that.  Remember Lucy and Charlie Brown and the football?

No surprise, we agree with Pope that DeLonge's efforts have little credibility, but clearly we disagree why those efforts are not credible.  We've already expressed of thoughts on why in previous posts, so no need to rehash them.  I am curious, however, about the term you used to describe Nick Pope, "controlled opposition".  Would you please elaborate on that?  It almost sounds like you are saying Pope is some sort of disinformation type.

Dyna-X

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 03, 2016, 11:36:14 AM
No surprise, we agree with Pope that DeLonge's efforts have little credibility, but clearly we disagree why those efforts are not credible.  We've already expressed of thoughts on why in previous posts, so no need to rehash them.  I am curious, however, about the term you used to describe Nick Pope, "controlled opposition".  Would you please elaborate on that?  It almost sounds like you are saying Pope is some sort of disinformation type.

He was on the inside at MoD (no secret) plus has made wild claims about an alien invasion and contact by 2024 with no support for either. There is more if you groom his statements carefully.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Dyna-X on December 09, 2016, 03:13:20 PM
He was on the inside at MoD (no secret) plus has made wild claims about an alien invasion and contact by 2024 with no support for either. There is more if you groom his statements carefully.

I see.  I guess we look at such people differently, to me someone on the inside is more knowledgably about whatever topic being discussed than someone with no connections or actual experience.  This is why to me Pope and Colonel John Alexander are the two most credible authors/researchers in ufology.  They know how things work (and more importantly don't when dealing with hoaxsters and lunactics), those who've been in that position know and appreciate their background.  I also doubt they are disinformation agents, although I know there have been things they have not said or talked around due to information still being (rightly or wrongly) classified.  (Pope in particular would be overly cautious I think due to the far reaching nature of the UK's Official Secrets Act.)   I've been in that situation myself, I don't lie I just don't answer or talk around a question.  I've heard both Pope and Alexander do this on radio programs because I knew the answers to some of those questions from my Special Projects SPO days.  In fact, one question Pope side stepped I provided to the host (Jimmy Church) just to see what Pope would say and to determine in my mind if he was a bullshitter.  He answered almost exactly as I would have in his shoes, but was far more eloquent that I would have been.

As for Pope's 2024 prediction, I remember it being his opinion that contact would come by 2024, but I don't recall "invasion" being part of the discussion.  I do agree he provided no collaborating data to support the opinion, but we'll only know if he was correct come 2024.  The most common criticism I've heard of Pope had to do with eyebrow raising comments he made about invasion around 2012, only to find out he did so as a paid commercial venture to support a video game (for Sony?) release.  Probably not his best move, but I think no worse than some of the ridiculous ventures guys like Dolan and Maussan have been part of.  Also possible is him saying things to promote his own science fiction books that some misinterpret as UFO commentary.  I've read one of his scifi books, it was abysmal.

Jackstar

Someone on the "inside" is surely likely to be more knowledgeable, but if they're paid to lie to us, that knowledge isn't very helpful.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Jackstar on December 11, 2016, 07:21:05 PM
Someone on the "inside" is surely likely to be more knowledgeable, but if they're paid to lie to us, that knowledge isn't very helpful.

No arguement, but I stated previously I don't think Pope is a disinformation agent, paid or otherwise. If you do, that's fine.  I am curious, however, if there is someone in the ufology field you trust is not trying to hoodwink you and think is credible?  I'd also like to hear who, if anyone, fits that bill for Dyna-X.

One thing I do find puzzling is many people who follow ufology are apparently willing to believe scam artists who talk and write about their anonymous "insiders" who give them classified information about black ops and conspiracies, but are skeptical about legitmate "insiders" like Pope and Col Alexander who speak directly to those interested in the field.  Consider Steve Quayle talking about the three star generals who give him information on the sly.  Why would anybody believe a huckster like Quayle ever knows a three star, yet question a guy like John Alexander who's very open about his military record and can present his 201 file to prove his service? 

Jackstar

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 11, 2016, 10:14:16 PM
I am curious, however, if there is someone in the ufology field you trust is not trying to hoodwink you and think is credible?

Given the nature of the subject matter, both conditions are mutually exclusive in a single researcher.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Jackstar on December 11, 2016, 10:17:28 PM
Given the nature of the subject matter, both conditions are mutually exclusive in a single researcher.

I would go as far as saying the number of those in ufology who meet both conditions is very small.  I think the majority are honest and trying to do a good job, but are unqualified to do more than gather anecdotal evidence and regurgitate what they've read/heard from others of their ilk.  Most annoying are the "researchers" who don't do their research.  My favorite is the state level MUFON official who co-authored a book about a USAF fighter pilot who witnessed a UFO crash, then went to the crash site.  Unbelieveably, these guys didn't bother to confirm the subject of their book had ever been in the USAF or flew fighter jets.  Turns out he did neither, but was just a sad old gentleman who apparently believed his own delusions. 

Jackstar

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 11, 2016, 10:35:27 PM
I think the majority are honest and trying to do a good job, but are unqualified to do more than gather anecdotal evidence and regurgitate what they've read/heard from others of their ilk [...] just a sad old gentleman who apparently believed his own delusions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UATtm3mmuG8

Careful, Uncle. Two out of three ain't bad.

Uncle Duke

https://arstechnica.com/science/2018/10/all-the-dumb-things-blink-182-front-mans-ufo-project-37-million/

Look forward to hearing Knapp having Delonge on to have him explain this. $37.4M deficit due to "largely a stock incentive plan for its employees." 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Uncle Duke on October 15, 2018, 06:06:34 PM
https://arstechnica.com/science/2018/10/all-the-dumb-things-blink-182-front-mans-ufo-project-37-million/

Look forward to hearing Knapp having Delonge on to have him explain this. $37.4M deficit due to "largely a stock incentive plan for its employees."

Good to see you back, Uncle Duke! :)

DDDDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great to see ya man!

ItsOver

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.  ;D

Corona Kitty

;D

Knapp is silly for believing his lies, but Knapp is a star fucker.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: username on October 16, 2018, 02:41:21 AM
;D

Knapp is silly for believing his lies, but Knapp is a star fucker.

I think the possibility exists the whole endeavor was a scam.  I know next to nothing about corporate and bankruptcy law, but what if DeLonge set this up to fail?  He incorporates TTTS, sells stock and some how gets >$30M in credit, then declares bankruptcy when it becomes insolvent.  As I understand it, the corporate assets are all that be claimed by the courts for creditors and stockholders, not his salary or benefits as an employee of his corporation.  I've always felt the guy was a con man, but maybe a better con man than I thought.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Uncle Duke on October 16, 2018, 08:56:57 AM
I think the possibility exists the whole endeavor was a scam.  I know next to nothing about corporate and bankruptcy law, but what if DeLonge set this up to fail?  He incorporates TTTS, sells stock and some how gets >$30M in credit, then declares bankruptcy when it becomes insolvent.  As I understand it, the corporate assets are all that be claimed by the courts for creditors and stockholders, not his salary or benefits as an employee of his corporation.  I've always felt the guy was a con man, but maybe a better con man than I thought.

I believe that the $37 million in deficit is par value of “stock” he gave all of his retired advisors in order to get their names associated with his endeavor. It’s all paper. Flash paper. It doesn’t mean anything unless they were to raise much more money. I haven’t seen any thing in writing but I am sure he had to incentivize his “board” somehow.

I could be wrong.

Jackstar

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 16, 2018, 10:25:11 AM
Flash paper. It doesn’t mean anything [...] I could be wrong.

These talking points represent a true story.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 16, 2018, 10:25:11 AM
I believe that the $37 million in deficit is par value of “stock” he gave all of his retired advisors in order to get their names associated with his endeavor. It’s all paper. Flash paper. It doesn’t mean anything unless they were to raise much more money. I haven’t seen any thing in writing but I am sure he had to incentivize his “board” somehow.

I could be wrong.

So that means the corporate entity is $37M in debt to itself, not creditors?  Going to have to sell a lot more stock in a hurry to remain a "going concern" and keep his advisors in the fold.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Uncle Duke on October 16, 2018, 11:04:03 AM
So that means the corporate entity is $37M in debt to itself, not creditors?  Going to have to sell a lot more stock in a hurry to remain a "going concern" and keep his advisors in the fold.

Yes. If you look at the note the journalist put at the end of the article he changed the word debt to deficit.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Uncle Duke on October 16, 2018, 08:56:57 AM

Umm...possibility?! ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO-hAm4g47o