Shaving

Started by Dr. MD MD, November 29, 2016, 05:31:00 AM

ItsOver

Quote from: K_Dubb on November 30, 2016, 11:50:10 AM
...My toilet is otherwise spartan...
With or without the Greek columns?  ;)

zeebo

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 30, 2016, 10:51:06 AM
I look like a Muslim terrorist when I grow my beard out.

My mustache grows in thick right in the Hitler-esque region, with wisps on each side not able to overcome the effect.  My beard grows in patchy as well.  Really my only facial hair strength is my sideburns - If only this were the 19th century I could really rock the mutton-chops.

ShayP

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 30, 2016, 12:51:13 PM
My beard comes in about 4 different colors and looks totally insane.  :o

Me too.   ;D

ShayP

I've shaved nearly every part of my body at one point or another in my life and the best razor I ever used, and will never change, is the Gillette Mach 3.  For me, nothing else compares.   8)

...And for guys that shave their head, this is the only razor you should use.  Thank me later.  ;)

zeebo

Quote from: ShayP on November 30, 2016, 04:36:17 PM
I've shaved nearly every part of my body at one point or another in my life and the best razor I ever used, and will never change, is the Gillette Mach 3.  For me, nothing else compares.   8)

These are pricey but work best for me too, sometimes a mega-pack on sale at Costco.  Combine w/ Gillette Foamy - Sensitive Skin.  Wet the face with warm water before applying to open the pores.  Afterwords splash with cold water to close 'em back up again. 

Jackstar

I've been meaning to get back into shape.

Jackstar

It's really quite the tool.

ShayP

Quote from: Jackstar on November 30, 2016, 05:00:59 PM

It's really quite the tool.

LOL!  MMA sponsored.  Of course!  Anyhoo, my tool ex wife bought me something like that years ago and it sucked.  Really really sucked.  Fuck marriage.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ShayP on November 30, 2016, 05:10:51 PM
Fuck marriage.

Dude, you're on fire! I'm smelling top right again.  :D

K_Dubb

Jackstar

Quote from: ShayP on November 30, 2016, 05:10:51 PM
something like that years ago and it sucked.  Really really sucked.

The latest iterations are immensely more functional. Though if you're not shaving your scalp every 2-4 days, it's not as though more functionality would help.

ShayP

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 30, 2016, 05:11:47 PM

LOL!  Nah.  :-[  ;D   I remember the first time I was top right.  Being it was something I never paid attention to I had to PM another BellGabber to see if it was a good thing.  Thank you bateman.  :D

Actually I've been top right a bunch of times.  I feel like the prostitute that worked her way up the ladder to madame.   ;)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ShayP on November 30, 2016, 05:17:56 PM
LOL!  Nah.  :-[  ;D   I remember the first time I was top right.  Being it was something I never paid attention to I had to PM another BellGabber to see if it was a good thing.  Thank you bateman.  :D

Actually I've been top right a bunch of times.  I feel like the prostitute that worked her way up the ladder to madame.   ;)

You're totally the top Bellgab whore! Next to mv, that is.  ;)

ShayP

Quote from: Jackstar on November 30, 2016, 05:21:20 PM
I remember the last time I was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXnoWb88Jr4

I watched it twice and it is poignant yet hopeful.  I understand.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 30, 2016, 05:11:47 PM

At least it's not your finger this time.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SredniVashtar on December 01, 2016, 10:38:31 AM

No. I haven't seen your mom lately.  :P

Jackstar

Quote from: SredniVashtar on December 01, 2016, 10:38:31 AM

still more believable than the 9/11 Commission report

ItsOver

Quote from: Penis mv on November 30, 2016, 11:53:46 PM
"What is the law?  Are we not men?"
We are girly men.  Shameless girly men.  Well, except for Pud.  What a stud.

Dr. MD MD

Well, I finally got around to busting out the old man's Gillette safety razor (circa mid to late 50s), the kind with a screw-on top, not trap doors. I bought a boar bristle brush and attempting to cure it using the cold water trick. Then I'm going to check out this old school shave method. I already tried the razor but was probably a bit too gingerly in my approach.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 25, 2018, 03:04:18 AM
Well, I finally got around to busting out the old man's Gillette safety razor (circa mid to late 50s), the kind with a screw-on top, not trap doors. I bought a boar bristle brush and attempting to cure it using the cold water trick. Then I'm going to check out this old school shave method. I already tried the razor but was probably a bit too gingerly in my approach.

The straight razor is better than any safety version, but inevitably you will nick yourself once in a while so you need a styptic pencil to stop any bleeding. Just remember to use very hot water before you lather up, make sure the blade is sharp and hold it at 30 degrees to your face, and shave down not up. They really ought to teach shaving in school because too many people don't know how to do it and get razor burn.

GravitySucks

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 25, 2018, 04:03:26 AM
The straight razor is better than any safety version, but inevitably you will nick yourself once in a while so you need a styptic pencil to stop any bleeding. Just remember to use very hot water before you lather up, make sure the blade is sharp and hold it at 30 degrees to your face, and shave down not up. They really ought to teach shaving in school because too many people don't know how to do it and get razor burn.

Would have saved Heather some embarrassment.

The planned obsolescence of modern American capitalism and how to shave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6SglZopfmk