• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

SOTU - 2018

Started by GravitySucks, January 26, 2018, 11:49:16 PM

paladin1991

Quote from: analog kid on January 30, 2018, 09:38:22 PM
USSA! USSA! USSA!

"It seems that you have some lint in your belly button.  Here, I will suck it out for you.  Mmmmmm.   That's good eatin'"

Juan

Who segregated the Congressional Black Caucus into one area? Does the House have a rule similar to the old back of the bus laws?

Quote from: Juan on January 31, 2018, 05:14:27 AM
Who segregated the Congressional Black Caucus into one area? Does the House have a rule similar to the old back of the bus laws?

LOL.  Excellent point!  DESEGREGATION NOW!!!!

Yorkshire pud

Predictably, Caesar Trump's cult following slavishly lapped up every word and hung onto it as if it was all the unvarnished truth...some of it was, a great deal of it wasn't..Naturally the GOP in the house had collective orgasms.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42883608

1. 'Since the election, we have created 2.4 million new jobs, including 200,000 new jobs in manufacturing alone'
Counting the figures from November 2016 onwards (Mr Trump won on 8 November and took office on 20 January), the US economy has added 2.37m jobs.

According to the Bureau for Labor Statistics, 196,000 manufacturing jobs were added in 2017.

The growth in jobs began before Mr Trump took office. The US economy hasn't had a monthly loss of jobs since September 2010.

2. 'African-American unemployment stands at the lowest rate ever recorded, and Hispanic American unemployment has also reached the lowest levels in history'
The Bureau of Labor Statistics has measured black or African American unemployment since 1972.

The rate in December was 6.8% - the lowest ever (the peak was over 20% in 1982/83).

The BLS has also measured Hispanic or Latino unemployment since 1973. It too is at a record low - 4.9%.

Both rates remain above the figures for white (3.7%) and Asian (2.5%) unemployment.

And, in general, the rates mirror the fall in unemployment overall - which began under President Obama.

3. 'We enacted the biggest tax cuts and reform in American history'
Before Christmas, corporation tax was reduced from 35 to 21%.

Individual taxes were also cut for all groups (see image). But are they the biggest cuts in American history?

The fact-checking site Politifact says not.

Using Treasury statistics, it says at least three tax cuts - passed in 2013 and 2010 under President Obama, and in 1981 under President Reagan - were bigger in dollar terms.

In terms of percentage of GDP, six other tax bills were forecast to have a bigger impact.

4. 'Since we passed tax cuts, roughly three million workers have already gotten tax cut bonuses - many of them thousands of dollars per worker'
After the corporation tax cut was announced, a number of firms announced bonuses for staff.

For example: Disney announced a one-time bonus of $1000 for 125,000 staff. Fiat Chrysler Automobiles said 60,000 employees would get an extra $2,000.

The lobbying group Americans for Tax Reform (ATR) - which campaigns for simpler and lower taxes - has kept a tally of all bonuses.

It says 285 firms have announced pay raises, bonuses or other improved benefits - which the firms attribute to the tax cuts. ATR says at least three million workers will benefit.

It's difficult to say how companies would have acted without the tax cuts - and how many are crediting the Republicans for something they already planned.

5. 'We have eliminated more regulations in our first year than any administration in history'
According to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, the Trump administration has withdrawn or delayed 1,579 regulations (of those, 635 were withdrawn entirely).

A year ago, Mr Trump signed an Executive Order that said for every regulation created, two must be withdrawn.

In December, he said that - in fact - 22 regulations had been eliminated for every one created.

Comparable records only go back to 1995.

The Washington Post said that, in their first year in office, George W Bush eliminated 181 regulations, while Barack Obama eliminated 156.

6. 'I'm proud to report that the coalition to defeat ISIS has liberated almost 100% of the territory once held by these killers in Iraq and Syria'
On 1 January, Lt Gen Paul E Funk II, commanding general of the US-led coalition against IS, said "more than 98% of the land once claimed by the terrorist group has been returned to the people".

However some of that territory has been recaptured by Syrian government forces, backed by Russia and Iran, a coalition spokesman subsequently told the BBC.

It's also important to note that IS was losing territory before President Trump took office.

The coalition was formed in September 2014. Last January, President Obama said IS had lost 40% of its territory in Iraq, and 10% in Syria.

7. 'We built the Empire State Building in just one year'
According to the building's website, construction began on 17 March, 1930.

President Hoover officially opened the building on 1 May, 1931.

Four and half floors were added every week - and at least five workers were killed in total.

:)

bateman

Cokie Roberts: Black members of Congress must have felt isolated because Africa wasn’t mentioned.

QuoteThe President never mentioned Africa, never said anything like that, so, there was not anything there for them to â€" to relate to.

Uhhh...

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/curtis-houck/2018/01/30/abc-melts-down-over-divisive-gloomy-sad-sotu-speech-stokingracial

pyewacket

Divisive, gloomy, sad? I didn't see it that way, but it seems to be the opinion of those promoting division, gloom, and doom.

This is how some of us Americans feel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5BL4RNFr58

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 31, 2018, 10:15:28 AM
Predictably, Caesar Trump's cult following slavishly lapped up every word and hung onto it as if it was all the unvarnished truth...some of it was, a great deal of it wasn't..Naturally the GOP in the house had collective orgasms.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42883608

1. 'Since the election, we have created 2.4 million new jobs, including 200,000 new jobs in manufacturing alone'
Counting the figures from November 2016 onwards (Mr Trump won on 8 November and took office on 20 January), the US economy has added 2.37m jobs.

According to the Bureau for Labor Statistics, 196,000 manufacturing jobs were added in 2017.

The growth in jobs began before Mr Trump took office. The US economy hasn't had a monthly loss of jobs since September 2010.

2. 'African-American unemployment stands at the lowest rate ever recorded, and Hispanic American unemployment has also reached the lowest levels in history'
The Bureau of Labor Statistics has measured black or African American unemployment since 1972.

The rate in December was 6.8% - the lowest ever (the peak was over 20% in 1982/83).

The BLS has also measured Hispanic or Latino unemployment since 1973. It too is at a record low - 4.9%.

Both rates remain above the figures for white (3.7%) and Asian (2.5%) unemployment.

And, in general, the rates mirror the fall in unemployment overall - which began under President Obama.

3. 'We enacted the biggest tax cuts and reform in American history'
Before Christmas, corporation tax was reduced from 35 to 21%.

Individual taxes were also cut for all groups (see image). But are they the biggest cuts in American history?

The fact-checking site Politifact says not.

Using Treasury statistics, it says at least three tax cuts - passed in 2013 and 2010 under President Obama, and in 1981 under President Reagan - were bigger in dollar terms.

In terms of percentage of GDP, six other tax bills were forecast to have a bigger impact.

4. 'Since we passed tax cuts, roughly three million workers have already gotten tax cut bonuses - many of them thousands of dollars per worker'
After the corporation tax cut was announced, a number of firms announced bonuses for staff.

For example: Disney announced a one-time bonus of $1000 for 125,000 staff. Fiat Chrysler Automobiles said 60,000 employees would get an extra $2,000.

The lobbying group Americans for Tax Reform (ATR) - which campaigns for simpler and lower taxes - has kept a tally of all bonuses.

It says 285 firms have announced pay raises, bonuses or other improved benefits - which the firms attribute to the tax cuts. ATR says at least three million workers will benefit.

It's difficult to say how companies would have acted without the tax cuts - and how many are crediting the Republicans for something they already planned.

5. 'We have eliminated more regulations in our first year than any administration in history'
According to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, the Trump administration has withdrawn or delayed 1,579 regulations (of those, 635 were withdrawn entirely).

A year ago, Mr Trump signed an Executive Order that said for every regulation created, two must be withdrawn.

In December, he said that - in fact - 22 regulations had been eliminated for every one created.

Comparable records only go back to 1995.

The Washington Post said that, in their first year in office, George W Bush eliminated 181 regulations, while Barack Obama eliminated 156.

6. 'I'm proud to report that the coalition to defeat ISIS has liberated almost 100% of the territory once held by these killers in Iraq and Syria'
On 1 January, Lt Gen Paul E Funk II, commanding general of the US-led coalition against IS, said "more than 98% of the land once claimed by the terrorist group has been returned to the people".

However some of that territory has been recaptured by Syrian government forces, backed by Russia and Iran, a coalition spokesman subsequently told the BBC.

It's also important to note that IS was losing territory before President Trump took office.

The coalition was formed in September 2014. Last January, President Obama said IS had lost 40% of its territory in Iraq, and 10% in Syria.

7. 'We built the Empire State Building in just one year'
According to the building's website, construction began on 17 March, 1930.

President Hoover officially opened the building on 1 May, 1931.

Four and half floors were added every week - and at least five workers were killed in total.

:)

TL;DR

GravitySucks

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 31, 2018, 01:12:59 PM
TL;DR

I read it. It looks like he agreed with Trump on all of them except the tax cut. And if he had counted the corporate tax cut instead of just personal income tax cut he could have agreed there too.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 31, 2018, 01:12:59 PM
TL;DR

Surely you want to know the facts rather than simply take on faith what Trump told the cult?  ???

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: pyewacket on January 31, 2018, 12:49:49 PM
Divisive, gloomy, sad? I didn't see it that way, but it seems to be the opinion of those promoting division, gloom, and doom.

This is how some of us Americans feel.

That isn't the issue..The problem is, Trump takes credit for things he has either had nothing to do with or it was the continuation of what others have already started, and ridiculously exaggerates some of the things that have passed in the last year...Then there's the basic inaccuracies he comes out with on a daily basis, but we're pretty used to that now..

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 31, 2018, 01:20:48 PM
Surely you want to know the facts..?  ???

Which is why I ignore what you're saying. ;)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 31, 2018, 01:24:34 PM

That isn't the issue..The problem is, Trump takes credit for things he has either had nothing to do with or it was the continuation of what others have already started, and ridiculously exaggerates some of the things that have passed in the last year...Then there's the basic inaccuracies he comes out with on a daily basis, but we're pretty used to that now..

So, you were born a woman, right?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 31, 2018, 01:25:41 PM
So, you were born a woman, right?

So you are a misogynist?  :-\

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 31, 2018, 01:24:59 PM
Which is why I ignore what you're saying. ;)

I actually admire your craven devotion to Trump. I think it laudable that he can depend (although he doesn't know) on your loyalty through thick and thin no matter what. It's what the declaration of Independence should have been..   ;)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 31, 2018, 01:44:04 PM
So you are a misogynist?  :-\

No, I just wondered if a man who spends all day panicking over nothing actually feels like a man at the end of the day? Do women really find panicky, insecure men attractive?! Maybe I've been doing it wrong all this time?  :D

pyewacket

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 31, 2018, 01:24:34 PM

So what you're saying is- you know more about what is truly going on than anyone else. They should come to you before making any silly statements like "401ks are through the roof" and "that black and hispanic unemployment is at record lows"? You sir, are wasting your true talents. You could take a week off from Bellgab posting and not only identify, but solve all the world's problems. Bravo, sir- please lead the way.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: pyewacket on January 31, 2018, 01:55:14 PM
So what you're saying is- you know more about what is truly going on than anyone else. They should come to you before making any silly statements like "401ks are through the roof" and "that black and hispanic unemployment is at record lows"? You sir, are wasting your true talents. You could take a week off from Bellgab posting and not only identify, but solve all the world's problems. Bravo, sir- please lead the way.

Don't be so disingenuous.. The 'record lows' are the culmination of lowering unemployment since 2010.. The way that everything in statistics has a peak and a trough. And the stock market isn't a measure of the economy. Ask those who lost their homes in the various recessions while the banks made billions.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 31, 2018, 01:47:54 PM
No, I just wondered if a man who spends all day panicking over nothing actually feels like a man at the end of the day? Do women really find panicky, insecure men attractive?! Maybe I've been doing it wrong all this time?  :D

I have no need to panic Babs. Far from it.  ;D   

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 31, 2018, 02:02:52 PM

I have no need to panic Babs. Far from it.  ;D

Your daily flood of posts say otherwise. And you have the audacity to try to paint me as some sort of shut-in. ::) ;D

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 31, 2018, 02:04:21 PM
Your daily flood of posts say otherwise. And you have the audacity to try to paint me as some sort of shut-in. ::) ;D

But you are...This is my last post for now, whereas you've been here all last night and will be here for the rest of today and tonight too.. You've posted nearly as many posts as I have, in half the time I've been on the forum..  ;D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 31, 2018, 02:06:19 PM
But you are...This is my last post for now, whereas you've been here all last night and will be here for the rest of today and tonight too.. You've posted nearly as many posts as I have, in half the time I've been on the forum..  ;D

Nope. I didn't start posting until about an hour ago whereas GD has been documenting your LENGTHY exploits here for days now. We've all been have a good laugh at you. ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctr9ZfeyvXg

pyewacket

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 31, 2018, 02:01:16 PM

Don't be so disingenuous.. The 'record lows' are the culmination of lowering unemployment since 2010.. The way that everything in statistics has a peak and a trough. And the stock market isn't a measure of the economy. Ask those who lost their homes in the various recessions while the banks made billions.

So what you're saying is- the only true measure of the economy is how happy Pud is.

So unless Pud has his own house and is making billions of dollars a year- there ain't nobody happy.

GravitySucks

http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/31/liberals-offended-by-joe-kennedys-spanish

Liberals are trying to convince everyone that Dreamers are as American as apple pie so Kennedy speaks to them in Spanish.

Gd5150

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 31, 2018, 06:08:08 PM
http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/31/liberals-offended-by-joe-kennedys-spanish

Liberals are trying to convince everyone that Dreamers are as American as apple pie so Kennedy speaks to them in Spanish.

It was a...speech by little mini Joe Joe Jr the 27th. It’s sad that the best half of our country can rely on is another Kennedy. There’s literally been 1 good one, JFK, and that’s being generous, but he was a good speaker. Compared to what today’s DNC has to offer he was Reagan.

If the DNC were smart, they would’ve had the only inspiring potential candidate for president they’ve mustered in the last 50 years speak.

Unfortunately she wised up to the idea before she went...

So now it’s back to the same old uninspiring same ol for the DNC and their poor lemmings :(

It must just suck to be a miserable, uninspired, leftwing lemming.

#maga

GravitySucks

He tried to tell us, but noone listened...

Nathaniel Grigsby - Died 1890, Attica, Kansas