• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151005 - Tess Gerritsen - Author - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, October 05, 2015, 04:32:03 PM

GravitySucks

Quote from: maren on October 05, 2015, 10:15:37 PM
GRAVITY SUCKS -- Art just gave you the perfect intro for your question!!!
Sent it via wormhole. 😎

SciFiAuthor

I missed part of that, Hollywood screwed Tess over the movie?

jazmunda

Quote from: Catsmile on October 05, 2015, 10:17:33 PM
I'm gonna say negative things, and be a bully...  ruining it for everyone else.

"Negative things."  :P

How dare yewwww!!!!!

Barfly

I like smart chicks, I may be getting a twinge in my trousers 8)

Tess is the best. I believe she's also tried her hand at radio in San Francisco a little while ago which she was quite good at. I love love love this lady. Brainy and charismatic.

eddie dean

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on October 05, 2015, 10:14:52 PM
You wanna go, punk?

I like how he nonchalantly walks on his  way after he knocks 2 dudes out!
'no big deal, happens every day'  hahaha

Quote from: eddie dean on October 05, 2015, 10:21:42 PM
I like how he nonchalantly walks on his  way after he knocks 2 dudes out!
'no big deal, happens every day'  hahaha

Really makes me wonder what that was over if he thought only these two dudes were going to get at him. The first guy was clearly drunk with how he walked up, froze and practically begged the guy to knock him out. I have no idea what the second guy was trying to do. The guy throwing those punches has absolutely sick hand speed in both hands which doesn't come naturally.

trostol

Quote from: VoteQuimby on October 05, 2015, 10:23:45 PM
Really makes me wonder what that was over if he thought only these two dudes were going to get at him. The first guy was clearly drunk with how he walked up, froze and practically begged the guy to knock him out. I have no idea what the second guy was trying to do. The guy throwing those punches has absolutely sick hand speed in both hands which doesn't come naturally.

second guy went to try and kick and lead with his face at the same time

chefist

Quote from: trostol on October 05, 2015, 10:23:07 PM
i missed it..i was reading something lol

Lol he claims it is in NASAs charter that the DOD actually controls them...

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: trostol on October 05, 2015, 10:26:46 PM
i have actually..never seen Contact lol

Are you kidding? We've got to get you off Rick Steves, it's become a problem if you're missing movies like that.

The guy's balance doesn't look like he has a ton of training.
Hmm maybe its ok-could just be an uneven road.

Rocky4228

I assume this is exactly what happened in the movie?

Storms near art are getting heavier, send your best spidy thoughts, this guest is cool.

trostol

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 05, 2015, 10:27:39 PM
Are you kidding? We've got to get you off Rick Steves, it's become a problem if you're missing movies like that.

honestly i am not huge into drama..action and comedy are what i watch mostly..

oddly..i saw movies like Sunshine and some other movie about horror on a space ship lol

eddie dean

Indeed, to get that kind of ambidextrous hand speed, one must practice! ;D

Barfly

Quote from: trostol on October 05, 2015, 10:26:46 PM
i have actually..never seen Contact lol
i had a crush on Jodi for a while, i have seen every movie she made, Contact was ok, but Silence of the Lambs was better IMHO

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on October 05, 2015, 10:27:44 PM
The guy's balance doesn't look like he has a ton of training.

Do you think he got lucky or do you think it's because he's drunk? I was greatly impressed he could throw like that with both his left  and right but you're probably right.

Weirdoradio

Tess is one of my girlfriend's fav authors. I know she'll wanna hear this show when it's available over in the podcast section.

Tess is warm, has lots of great anecdotes and a great rapport with Art. Just 20 minutes in and I'm already hooked.

Looking forward to hearing the full tale behind this Gravity debacle. Much respect for her backing down on suing just so she avoided having to sign an NDA.