• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Read that Art's mother died?

Started by Centurion73, December 24, 2008, 11:42:26 AM

Centurion73

Can the denizens at this site help to illuminate some purported information for me as I do not listen to Noory any longer? I read that Art's mother had passed and that Noory did NOT pass on condolences and seemed miffed that he may have to do the shows that Art was to do, is this so? Your input would be welcomed, thank you.

11angeleyes11

What I can testify to is that he did sound a little put out. 

Also, noteworthy is that the website does not mention it on the front page or give any recognition to her death.  However, George's schedule is still going strong.   

Centurion73

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on December 24, 2008, 01:00:42 PM
What I can testify to is that he did sound a little put out. 

Also, noteworthy is that the website does not mention it on the front page or give any recognition to her death.  However, George's schedule is still going strong.
Thank you for your opinion it coincides with a few people I talked to today who said the same that he sounded "put out" as you so put it. I did not pick up on the fact that there was nothing on the C2C webite thanks for that info as well. I think that is very telling, I mean if Noory as he states had any respect for Art and the empire he was given that Art made you would think he would have something on there. What a classless act he is.

saab93driver

The website now shows Art is doing New Years Eve show.

11angeleyes11

Quote from: saab93driver on December 24, 2008, 11:01:50 PM
The website now shows Art is doing New Years Eve show.
I predict that George will have an attitude shift tonight and not be so testy.  Now he can have his vacation unfettered.

Max

yes it is true arts mother passed on. he posted it on his webcam pic.

broruss

The C2C website as of this morning had a small mention of condolences to Art on the passing of his mother.

The good news, however, is that I understand that one of Art's ham radio buddies has already lined up a replacement for her from "Filipina Mail-Order Moms Dot Com".

11angeleyes11

Well, it took them long enough.  I am glad they did it out of courtesy and respect, but it should have been added way sooner, if you ask me. 

EvB

QuoteThe good news, however, is that I understand that one of Art's ham radio buddies has already lined up a replacement for her from "Filipina Mail-Order Moms Dot Com".

Errrr . .  did you ACTUALLY mean to say that out loud?   :-\

saab93driver

Website shows Art is doing both nights of the usual prediction show. 

Quote from: broruss on December 25, 2008, 07:10:29 PM
The good news, however, is that I understand that one of Art's ham radio buddies has already lined up a replacement for her from "Filipina Mail-Order Moms Dot Com".

I admit it - I lol'd.  ;D

Centurion73

The C2C website as of this morning had a small mention of condolences to Art on the passing of his mother.

So fucked up, so funny, the genius is it could be true as Art does seem to have an Asian fetish. Dude that is comedy Gold right there.

EvB

Just an FYI for you folks - rumor has it (from a reliable source) that Art has read this site. 

I've no idea if he returns or not.

I'm sorry about his Mom - and glad he got the chance to bring Asia out for them to meet.

broruss

Quote from: EvB on December 26, 2008, 12:03:15 AM
Errrr . .  did you ACTUALLY mean to say that out loud?   :-\

Do you ACTUALLY want an answer to that question? :-\ Or is it just rhetorical?

EvB

Quote from: broruss on December 26, 2008, 08:03:53 PM
Do you ACTUALLY want an answer to that question? :-\ Or is it just rhetorical?

rhetorical

broruss

moop

That cracked me up!

Georges disdain for Art is unmistakable. A few nights ago I heard him talk about his upcoming vacation and how he gets 3 weeks a year but only takes 1 week so he won't let his fans down. Then he mentioned that Art would be filling in a few nights but that there are no ratings during that week. It's like he was saying his ratings wouldn't drop just because Art was filling in! Noory doesn't have a ounce of class.

Centurion73

Quote from: EvB on December 26, 2008, 07:57:15 PM
Just an FYI for you folks - rumor has it (from a reliable source) that Art has read this site. 

I've no idea if he returns or not.

I'm sorry about his Mom - and glad he got the chance to bring Asia out for them to meet.
Either you stand for free speech or not even though it may be offensive or in ill humor is NOT the question. Broruss did not make light of her death and if so he (assumption) has a Constitutional right to do so unless it is a matter of public safety and this is not. Most of us here respect Art and if Art did read things here I am sure he is smart enough to know that the statement was not personal but situational but that is just me and how I took it. I have seen much worse on this board and it seems as though it depends on whom you may be if you get called on it or not.

EvB

Quote from: Centurion73 on December 26, 2008, 10:26:31 PM
Either you stand for free speech or not even though it may be offensive or in ill humor is NOT the question. Broruss did not make light of her death and if so he (assumption) has a Constitutional right to do so unless it is a matter of public safety and this is not. Most of us here respect Art and if Art did read things here I am sure he is smart enough to know that the statement was not personal but situational but that is just me and how I took it. I have seen much worse on this board and it seems as though it depends on whom you may be if you get called on it or not.

If you read the TOS - the terms are clear.  There is very little that would keep anyone here from saying whatever they like.  That includes me.  If the post had violated the TOS  -- I would have said so - and removed or edited it.  It did not. And I did not. What I did do was share a bit of information - and indirectly, the opinion that I found the statement a bit harsh,  so soon after Mrs. Bell's death. 

As for this:

QuoteI have seen much worse on this board and it seems as though it depends on whom you may be if you get called on it or not.

That is a matter of opinion, and I'm sorry you feel that way.  I only expressed my opinion, and shared a bit of information.  I did not and had no intention of censoring anyone.  I was speaking only as myself, for myself.  The need actually moderate a post is very rare here - but clear as crystal when it happens.  The rules are so few, and those few so clear, there is no need to be coy.

The very fact that the post and replies to it still stand, exactly as they were written by the poster (as far as I know - since I haven't changed anything nor have I seen any sign that anyone else has) should tell you that free speech is respected here, even if people disagree.

However, in one sense you are right that "it depends on whom you may be if you get called on it" -- because the truth is that if I suspect my judgment is biased either do to the topic or my personal reaction to the poster - yet feel there is a question of TOS violation, I don't act on the post myself, but turn it over to another moderator or admin. 

So, just to be absolutely clear:  my personal opinion should not, and I hope does not, stop anyone from saying what they like, within the few bounds of the TOS.

EvB

Quote from: broruss on December 26, 2008, 08:12:10 PM
I 'll consider myself chastened, then.

Actually - I was trying to make a comment that expressed my own feelings in a light hearted way.  If I failed at that - I'm sorry.

Centurion73

Quote from: EvB on December 26, 2008, 10:49:56 PM
If you read the TOS - the terms are clear.  There is very little that would keep anyone here from saying whatever they like.  That includes me.  If the post had violated the TOS  -- I would have said so - and removed or edited it.  It did not. And I did not. What I did do was share a bit of information - and indirectly, the opinion that I found the statement a bit harsh,  so soon after Mrs. Bell's death. 

As for this:

That is a matter of opinion, and I'm sorry you feel that way.  I only expressed my opinion, and shared a bit of information.  I did not and had no intention of censoring anyone.  I was speaking only as myself, for myself.  The need actually moderate a post is very rare here - but clear as crystal when it happens.  The rules are so few, and those few so clear, there is no need to be coy.

The very fact that the post and replies to it still stand, exactly as they were written by the poster, should tell you that free speech is respected here, even if people disagree.
I did read the TOS and unlike many I remember them and my "opinion" was not based on that but rather on other equally if not worse statements that get no comments as all, why?

As for Art reading the board I would hope so in a free society and he is free to respond if he so chooses. Art has been in a war saw and heard a lot worse. I (my opinion only) believe that he would understand the statement for what it was a statement.

However, I stand by it depends on whom or who you are if a comment will be issued or not. Still this is one of the better sites but they all have their own cliques it is the nature of the beast, is what it is.

EvB

QuoteI did read the TOS and unlike many I remember them and my "opinion" was not based on that but rather on other equally if not worse statements that get no comments as all, why?

Because, as is the case 99.9% of the time when I say anything on this board I'm commenting just as anyone would, as just one poster.  Like anyone, I comment on what strikes me at the moment I read it, if I have anything to say. Do you choose when to post and what to say by some other measure?

In any case - it feels now like this is getting so much more intense than my original intentions called for.  So either I've hit a nerve for you that I'm not aware of - or I've miscommunicated.

Or, are you suggesting that because I'm a mod I don't have as much right as anyone here to say what I think - either on my own, or in reply to someone else?

Centurion73

I responded to EvB privately and do not capitulate on my assumptions at all but this thread was about what I read and wanted to know from you all, thank you.

Max

all your posts have violated the TOS.

you are all in big trouble

:worms

broruss

I have to confess that if I really thought Art might look at this site, I probably wouldn't have posted the tasteless comment that stirred up this mini-controversy.

On the other hand, I think if you are going to have a website where the URL is someone's name followed by "sucks", that suggests it is open season on talk radio hosts, and if that's the case, Art should not be immune from the same humorous (and yes, tacky and tasteless at times) skewering that George and Ian receive.

To a certain extent, Art opens himself up to potential ridicule by putting his personal life on the air like he does. He built a loyal following my making people feel like they knew him, and like he was their friend. But in doing so, he runs the risk of being the Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker of talk radio, so to speak. The true believers and the loyal fans hung on every detail of Tammy Faye's trials and tribulations, while the mischievious and the mean-spirited hooted with derision as the mascara ran down her tear-stained cheeks.

Max

Quote from: broruss on December 27, 2008, 03:32:06 AM
I have to confess that if I really thought Art might look at this site, I probably wouldn't have posted the tasteless comment that stirred up this mini-controversy.

I have it on good authority he knows of this site and reads it.

broruss

Quote from: Max on December 27, 2008, 04:01:22 AM
I have it on good authority he knows of this site and reads it.

If Art knows of this site and reads it, then that lessens my opinion of him somewhat, for one reason only. And that is, because it means that he can't plead ignorance regarding how many people think George is unacceptable as a host... he has been made aware of just how badly George and C2C suck these days, and has done little if anything to remedy the problem. I realize he is not the host any more, but one would think he would take a little pride in the show that so many people still associate with his name. One would also think that he has a little pull with Premiere Radio Networks. Then again, Premiere is owned by Clear Channel, so perhaps the suckage is coming from a source so high and so great that even the influence of the legendary Art Bell cannot stop the relentless suckitude.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on December 26, 2008, 12:56:08 PM
I admit it - I lol'd.  ;D
heh, as did i.  what can i say.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: moop on December 26, 2008, 10:25:01 PM
Then he mentioned that Art would be filling in a few nights but that there are no ratings during that week. It's like he was saying his ratings wouldn't drop just because Art was filling in! Noory doesn't have a ounce of class.
if it is true that snoory said this and you have correctly captured the context in which snoors said it, then i would like to formally ask that this man be stricken with a facial cancer of some sort.  for fuck's sake.

Centurion73

Quote from: broruss on December 27, 2008, 09:45:05 AM
If Art knows of this site and reads it, then that lessens my opinion of him somewhat, for one reason only. And that is, because it means that he can't plead ignorance regarding how many people think George is unacceptable as a host... he has been made aware of just how badly George and C2C suck these days, and has done little if anything to remedy the problem. I realize he is not the host any more, but one would think he would take a little pride in the show that so many people still associate with his name. One would also think that he has a little pull with Premiere Radio Networks. Then again, Premiere is owned by Clear Channel, so perhaps the suckage is coming from a source so high and so great that even the influence of the legendary Art Bell cannot stop the relentless suckitude.

Very well thought out and two post, I do not think you should have to explain your reasons for your comments given the nature of the site and all, I am more concerned with the lack of balance as it appears as Ian is off limits also, fuck him.

QuoteI have it on good authority he knows of this site and reads it.

With all due respect the only reason Art would read this and I have no doubt he has at least once it to protect his image as he has litigated many a slander/libel case against people and rightly so as he has won the majority of them. Unfortunately I must agree Art is as much responsible for the demise of C2C as Noory is. I respect and like Art, he has done  a lot of the things  for others behind the scenes for charities and such. However, Art gets no free pass, fuck that, and if Art did read it it is up to him to comment should he be offended.

Like I said much worse has been said on here with nary a comment just find that interesting that is all.