• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Mystery around Heather Wade's Facebook Likes

Started by LorettaW, August 27, 2016, 09:58:47 PM

LorettaW

Have you noticed that the majority of Heather Wade's Facebook likes are by people with very interesting-sounding African names and professional looking pictures? Is she really more popular in Africa than anywhere else? Can anybody solve the mystery of all these African people liking her show?

GravitySucks

Quote from: LorettaW on August 27, 2016, 09:58:47 PM
Have you noticed that the majority of Heather Wade's Facebook likes are by people with very interesting-sounding African names and professional looking pictures? Is she really more popular in Africa than anywhere else? Can anybody solve the mystery of all these African people liking her show?

Somebody bought 500 Facebook likes for $20

Welcome to BellGab. Post often. 😎

Quote from: GravitySucks on August 27, 2016, 11:03:34 PM
Somebody bought 500 Facebook likes for $20

Welcome to BellGab. Post often. 😎

She doesn't do anything without Art Bell's approval. 

Is this who we thought he was?

Dateline

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 27, 2016, 11:35:34 PM
She doesn't do anything without Art Bell's approval. 

Is this who we thought he was?

I would have thought that there would have been lots of Philliphinos.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dateline on August 27, 2016, 11:57:36 PM
I would have thought that there would have been lots of Philliphinos.

As long as they're sure which ones; tough love, Philippines style.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-37192673

A violent crackdown on illegal drugs in the Philippines has left more than 1,900 people dead in the last seven weeks.
The BBC spoke to two people in the middle of the drug war - a small-time drug dealer fearing for his life, and an assassin hired to kill people just like him.
Read more
Philippines drugs war: The woman who kills dealers for a living

LorettaW

How does this work? Do these people get paid for allowing their names and pictures to be used, or do they not even know?

LorettaW

Are these really their names, or do they make them up?

Quote from: LorettaW on August 28, 2016, 10:24:18 AM
Are these really their names, or do they make them up?

"Matha Ka Coolar" sounds made up. Either that or they're an African rapper.

bateman

Quote from: LorettaW on August 27, 2016, 09:58:47 PM

albrecht

Quote from: Stranger929 on August 28, 2016, 08:57:39 PM
African mail order husband?
Not sure on the husband thing but for flings has been going on for a while, apparently. Reuters, not the BBC, covered the issue a few years ago.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-sextourism-idUSN2638979720071126

Quote from: PaulAtreides on August 29, 2016, 05:13:34 AM
#CrookedHeather.

Funny you say this, because I noticed the exact same thing on Crooked Hillary's page. 

If you pay attention this is exactly what happens:

Hillary posts an "update", then 5 seconds later some guy named "Kumar" in India posts the same exact pro-Hillary comment on each post.  I've seen at least a dozen of these shady-ass Indian outsourced commentators on her page.  I guess Heather's doing the same for Likes?

Quote from: creepygreenlight on August 29, 2016, 08:49:30 AM
Funny you say this, because I noticed the exact same thing on Crooked Hillary's page. 

If you pay attention this is exactly what happens:

Hillary posts an "update", then 5 seconds later some guy named "Kumar" in India posts the same exact pro-Hillary comment on each post.  I've seen at least a dozen of these shady-ass Indian outsourced commentators on her page.  I guess Heather's doing the same for Likes?

The same as the Trump supporters posting from Russia.

What a world we live in now. No one wants to stand on their own merit, they have to buy fake adulation.  ::)

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on August 29, 2016, 09:05:42 AM
The same as the Trump supporters posting from Russia.

Those are women hoping to be his next wife

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: god of thunder on August 29, 2016, 09:15:37 AM
What a world we live in now. No one wants to stand on their own merit, they have to buy fake adulation.  ::)

Its all the more saddening that on anti social media, a 'like' counts for something. Some get genuinely depressed if the bollox they spout 'Look, this is what I ate for breakfast' isn't universally appreciated. And the world has ended if an 'unfriend' ensues. I'm not really surprised therefore that such as HW (and I doubt she's the only one by a country mile) think that it's perfectly acceptable and maybe even expected to buy adulation in this way. In the 70's and 80's and into the 90's, record companies bought en masse singles to get them up the charts to artificially game the 'popularity' of a track, so the idea isn't a new one.

Lilith

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on August 29, 2016, 12:58:51 PM
South of the Sahara, you're on the air

hahaha

From freezing pole to freezing pole, from oasis to oasis...

TigerLily

Quote from: god of thunder on August 29, 2016, 09:15:37 AM

What is the current rate for top tier adulation? Asking for a friend

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: TigerLily on August 29, 2016, 01:39:53 PM

In SV's case; as much gold as he can eat, high performance sports cars, access to biologically accommodating nymphomaniacs and as much cheese as he can stack on his crackers.

I am in awe of his magnetic attraction. But I'm not bitter.

Quote from: TigerLily on August 29, 2016, 01:39:53 PM

It sure isn't paying for one.  ::)