• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Immigration Law Rant

Started by MABUSE, April 26, 2010, 02:04:14 PM

Blinko

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 07, 2012, 08:08:51 AM

Really?

Did you read everything i wrote? im asking why the historic examples given matter and then offering what appears to be the answer.

Blinko

Quote from: onan on October 07, 2012, 04:03:17 AM
Considering that:

Quite a few never get to that critical thinking class.

You are right , it appears quite a few never get to that critical thinking class.

But the statement that teachers don't get it and that it's typically only philosophy students that do....

That statement is false.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Blinko on October 07, 2012, 02:10:09 PM

But the statement that teachers don't get it and that it's typically only philosophy students that do....

That statement is false.

Philosophy students do tend to make excellent teachers. Theorization is in abundance, ideas bounce back and forth.
     But a philosophy major can be an utter disaster in a postion of power where decisions need to be made, sometimes in very stark terms, a Hamlet is useless . Harry Truman was the least educated president in the past 100 years, but made critical, crucial decisions that more educated men would have wavered on.

Pragmier

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on September 19, 2010, 07:48:29 AM
That's why America is getting it's ass handed to it in the sciences these days and why we're descending into an intellectual dark ages. You can also thank the fuckheads on the religious right for doing everything they could to stab intellectualism in the heart in this country and pissing all over education in this country.

Republican lawmaker said in videotaped remarks that evolution, embryology and the Big Bang theory are "lies straight from the pit of hell".

-Georgia GOP Representative Paul Broun made those comments during a speech at Liberty Baptist Church in Hartwell. Broun is running for re-election in November unopposed. According to the story, he also believes the Earth is about 9,000 years old and made in six days.

Here's the video.

He clearly states he votes in Washington according to what the Bible says. And the kicker - Mr. Broun sits on the House Committee on Science, Space and Technology.

We're doomed  :-\

Quote from: Pragmier on October 07, 2012, 08:04:29 PM

Republican lawmaker said in videotaped remarks that evolution, embryology and the Big Bang theory are "lies straight from the pit of hell".

-Georgia GOP Representative Paul Broun made those comments during a speech at Liberty Baptist Church in Hartwell. Broun is running for re-election in November unopposed. According to the story, he also believes the Earth is about 9,000 years old and made in six days.

Here's the video.

He clearly states he votes in Washington according to what the Bible says. And the kicker - Mr. Broun sits on the House Committee on Science, Space and Technology.

We're doomed  :-\
Pretty sure Akin is on that committee, as well.  The Republican Party would be a much more compelling vote if they got rid of all the devil dodgers. 

Widget

Wie Wagen, Sie sagen uns illegale Einwanderer sind nicht nach Amerika beitragen! Wir ärgern sich über diese Aussage. Wir versuchen. Wir wollen die kostenlose Dinge und die Straßen von Gold, das Amerika hat! Was ist falsch mit uns Einwanderer?

Blinko

Quote from: Widget on October 07, 2012, 09:29:58 PM
Wie Wagen, Sie sagen uns illegale Einwanderer sind nicht nach Amerika beitragen! Wir ärgern sich über diese Aussage. Wir versuchen. Wir wollen die kostenlose Dinge und die Straßen von Gold, das Amerika hat! Was ist falsch mit uns Einwanderer?

http://youtu.be/0iLTtVgXhbY

Widget

Quote from: Widget on October 07, 2012, 09:29:58 PM

Agreed. I think that sums it up nicely. What he said! LOL!

Ruteger

I kid you not. This is a true story. I live on Long Beach CA. Today, after a particularly sh!tty day at work, decided to take a walk on the beach to unwind. "Met a strange lady - She made me nervous" Saw a babe walking alone on the beach, decided to strike up a conversation. Turns out she is an exchange student from Russia learning English at a local school. We hit it off - sort of. We walked at least a mile up and down the beach, and eventually got to the topic of the enormous amount of ILLEGALS in CA. She said that she had to apply twice before  being accepted even as a visiting student on a temporary Visa. Why, she asked are so many illiterate Illegal Mexicans allowed to live in the USA?

Sorry guys - the ending of this tale is a rejection for a phone #...sad, but true.

Sardondi

We'll go in circles forever as long as there is a refusal to distinguish between legal and illegal aliens. They are entirely different, uh, "statuses"? Stati?

Anyway, it would simplify matters to just make immigration 100% reciprocal. That is, whatever the rules for immigration to any country outside the US, the same are to be required of that nation's citizens who seeking immigration to the US.

Ruteger

I dare anyone here to try to ILLEGALLY enter Meh-hee-Ko. When they catch you, they will beat you with many hard sticks and throw you in prison. Republicans AND Democrats are equally accountable for the the violation of our southern border. Still voting R/R in Nov in the faint hope a Tea-party/Conservative Congress can keep him in line on the immigration issue.

Quote from: Sardondi on October 10, 2012, 02:45:24 AM
We'll go in circles forever as long as there is a refusal to distinguish between legal and illegal aliens. They are entirely different, uh, "statuses"? Stati?

Anyway, it would simplify matters to just make immigration 100% reciprocal. That is, whatever the rules for immigration to any country outside the US, the same are to be required of that nation's citizens who seeking immigration to the US.

Blinko

Quote from: Ruteger on October 12, 2012, 06:59:53 PM
I dare anyone here to try to ILLEGALLY enter Meh-hee-Ko. When they catch you, they will beat you with many hard sticks and throw you in prison. Republicans AND Democrats are equally accountable for the the violation of our southern border. Still voting R/R in Nov in the faint hope a Tea-party/Conservative Congress can keep him in line on the immigration issue.

I've been to Mexico many , many times.

By Car, by Boat , even walked across the border.

I've been to Tijuana, Rosarito ,Mazatlan , Ixtapa , Acapulco , Puerto Vallarta , Cancun , Cozumel , the ruins of Tullum, Shel Xa , Cabo San Lucas...

On and On.

I had a passport when I needed it but for some reason that was only when I travelled by boat and needed to show it to get back on the boat.

Most of my trips to Mexico I either walked across or drove without have any special paperwork or preparations. I just went.

So the question is , how do you enter Mexico Illegally. I was able to walk right across the border right at the busiest border crossing in the hemisphere.

Why cant they do the same. If a Mexican wants to come to america , why cant they just walk across the border like I did entering their country.

These people pay lots of money to be smuggled here , illegally.

Cant they use that same money to plan a conventional trip here and go about things in a more overt manner.

Also, can you give examples of someone entering Mexico illegally and then being beaten like you suggest.

Has that ever happened and why? Didnt happen to me

Blinko

Quote from: Ruteger on October 12, 2012, 06:59:53 PM

Here's an example of the U.S. doing exactly what you claim the Mexican government would do.

http://www.democracynow.org/2012/4/24/death_on_the_border_shocking_video

Here's one where U.S. citizens carry out the beating

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local&id=7521525

Quote from: Blinko on October 12, 2012, 08:33:21 PM

I've been to Tijuana, Rosarito ,Mazatlan , Ixtapa , Acapulco , Puerto Vallarta , Cancun , Cozumel , the ruins of Tullum, Shel Xa , Cabo San Lucas...

On and On.

I had a passport when I needed it but for some reason that was only when I travelled by boat and needed to show it to get back on the boat.

Most of my trips to Mexico I either walked across or drove without have any special paperwork or preparations. I just went.

So the question is , how do you enter Mexico Illegally. I was able to walk right across the border right at the busiest border crossing in the hemisphere.

Why cant they do the same. If a Mexican wants to come to america , why cant they just walk across the border like I did entering their country.

Cant they use that same money to plan a conventional trip here and go about things in a more overt manner.

Also, can you give examples of someone entering Mexico illegally and then being beaten like you suggest.

You're right, of course.  The USA has some of the tightest immigration policies in the civilized world - I know, as I am a legal alien, and had to jump through hoops.  I've done the expat thing before, as have many of my colleagues, and they would all agree.  Mind you, we are all in high demand fields, where there is global demand for our skills, but nonetheless, it is tough to get to the US to work legally. In fact, it easier to work here illegally than legally.  Hell, if it weren't for illegal workers, the grass on my lawn would be 3 feet high and my pool would be a swamp.

The flip side is that the US government makes it very difficult for US citizens to work abroad.  It is one of the few countries that taxes based on citizenship instead of residency, which is why the expat circuit is mostly Canadian, British, and Australian professionals, but few Americans.

The General

What fucking American WANTS to sneak into Mexico? 

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: The General on October 12, 2012, 10:25:14 PM

I think people who vacation in Cancun have a screw loose.

(Says the man who gets sunburnt in 40 degree New England weather in March)

Blinko

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on October 12, 2012, 10:34:51 PM
       I think people who vacation in Cancun have a screw loose.

(Says the man who gets sunburnt in 40 degree New England weather in March)

if you Vacation anywhere in Mexico right now , you have a screw loose , simply because it's so dangerous , it's abundantly clear why.

But the Mexico I know during much safer times is home to some of the most beautiful leisure destinations in the world, tourism has long been a huge industry there.

Blinko

Quote from: The General on October 12, 2012, 10:25:14 PM

I dont think you can sneak into Mexico , if you want to go you just do.

You are welcome to enter the country...

But Reuteger would have you believe that sneaking in will get you beaten , but it's clear the opposite is true.

... Also, can you give examples of someone entering Mexico illegally and then being beaten like you suggest.

I think he was referring to the Central Americans that enter Mexico from the south on their way to El Norte.  The Mexican Federal Police treat these people horribly - rape, robbery, extortion, beatings, killings, murder.  The government sure as hell doesn't want more poor people in their country, even if they are just passing through.

The times I've been in Mexico - other than crossing over to the border towns for day trips, immigration security seemed pretty tight.  Isn't there a zone along the inside of their border of a certain amount of miles that is much looser for US tourists?  Everywhere else I've ever been, except for the US/Canada border, border security has been very tight.  Jeez, try hitching a ride on a truck from the Tibet/Nepal border to Kathmandu - you may find yourself stopped a dozen times along the way with your stuff dumped on the ground and gone through, AKs pointed at you by 12 year old soldiers while you watch - and that was with a visa.

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on October 12, 2012, 09:18:56 PM
... The flip side is that the US government makes it very difficult for US citizens to work abroad.  It is one of the few countries that taxes based on citizenship instead of residency, which is why the expat circuit is mostly Canadian, British, and Australian professionals, but few Americans.

US citizens working abroad and meeting the foreign residency requirements can exempt a certain amount of earned income per year from their US taxable income - the amount was $92,900 for 2011.  There is also a housing exclusion.  See IRS Form 2555.

Blinko

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 12, 2012, 11:18:48 PM

I think he was referring to the Central Americans that enter Mexico from the south on their way to El Norte.  The Mexican Federal Police treat these people horribly - rape, robbery, extortion, beatings, killings, murder.  The government sure as hell doesn't want more poor people in their country, even if they are just passing through.

The times I've been in Mexico - other than crossing over to the border towns for day trips, immigration security seemed pretty tight.  Isn't there a zone along the inside of their border of a certain amount of miles that is much looser for US tourists?  Everywhere else I've ever been, except for the US/Canada border, border security has been very tight.  Jeez, try hitching a ride on a truck from the Tibet/Nepal border to Kathmandu - you may find yourself stopped a dozen times along the way with your stuff dumped on the ground and gone through, AKs pointed at you by 12 year old soldiers while you watch - and that was with a visa.

interesting point about immigration on the other end coming into Mexico..something to learn more about.

I can share one story about my trip across the Canadian border that illustrates an extreme difference.

I was on a ski trip  driving from a friends house in Montana , into Canada in a suburban loaded with Ski gear , myself and 3 friends.

Driving up to the checkpoint we got the standard questions.

Where are you coming from , going to , how long you staying , do you have piles of maggot infested rotting fruit , etc.....

Then it got interesting.

What do you do for a living, how much cash do you have on you , have you ever been convicted of a crime , on and on.

My friend , the driver answered any and all questions without hesitation or resistance and when the questioning ended there was a pause where the border guard stepped away a moment , came back to tell us to pull over under this canopy park and get out.

They searched the entire car, all our bags , inside the bags , even doing things like squeezing the toothpaste to make sure it wasnt some secret container for contraband.

After their search which yielded nothing, they didnt find our well stashed bag of weed thankfully , they let us go on our way.

It sucked to be delayed , but they were nice enough about it , no attitude. I didnt like it much , but it's their rules and they have reason to pursue them...

Just an example of how different my experiences  have been , they are anecdotes.

I also had another interesting experience in San Diego area when I used to drive a delivery truck.

I had delivered several computer cases and power supplies to a customer in San Diego driving all the way from La Mirada , on the way back there is a checkpoint.

Stopped at the checkpoint I was asked by some agent , what is in the back of your truck. I told him simply , Nothing.

He said proceed and I was on my way...

Could have been loaded with dope and immigrants , or Dopey immigrants and I would have passed right through easy , peasy.....

The General

Quote from: Blinko on October 12, 2012, 11:16:57 PM
I dont think you can sneak into Mexico , if you want to go you just do.

You are welcome to enter the country...

But Reuteger would have you believe that sneaking in will get you beaten , but it's clear the opposite is true.
When I went, they had a row of Mexican dudes with machine guns and a sweaty little guy behind a glass window to check your papers. 

Anyhow, it's their Guatemalan border they're protective of.  As bad as things are in Mexico, somehow the Guatemalans want to break in.  The US border?  They don't really care, they don't have a problem of millions of Americans trying to get into Mexico to use their hospitals, schools, and welfare system.

Ruteger

C'mon this is too easy. You can Google this topic to discover the horrendous treatment of illegals in Spic-lanistan - i.e. Mexico. Google it! I DARE YOU!

On and On.

Blinko

Quote from: Ruteger on October 13, 2012, 02:40:22 PM
C'mon this is too easy. You can Google this topic to discover the horrendous treatment of illegals in Spic-lanistan - i.e. Mexico. Google it! I DARE YOU!

So you are just pulling all these bullshit arguments out of your ass then. Americans entering illegally into Mexico and getting beaten for it , you suggested that scenario and like everything else you say , its bullshit.

You live in an ugly hate filled world and I am glad , you deserve it and it is only going to get worse for you.

Have you actually done anything about this problem you are so passionate about? Have you actually told one of your local immigrants how you feel? Walk right up to one and tell them how you feel. I DARE YOU!

Or are you to cowardly , and so this is your only outlet . Pretending that you have a valid point of view , anonymously in a forum as small as this in some obscure corner of the internet.

Why don't you stop whining about it here to strangers, grow some balls and actually do something

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 12, 2012, 11:29:51 PM

US citizens working abroad and meeting the foreign residency requirements can exempt a certain amount of earned income per year from their US taxable income - the amount was $92,900 for 2011.  There is also a housing exclusion.  See IRS Form 2555.
That's a lot more generous than than it was when I last worked overseas, I think it was around 75k then.  But it is still prohibitive for the choice overseas gigs, where the cost of living can be really high.  I know 93 k seems like a high number, but to live well in Cayman Islands, Bermuda, Hong Kong, Tokyo, London, etc. you need to be pulling in a lot more than that, and the double taxation whammy hurts then.

Ruteger

Please, I beg you, enter Mexico illegally. Fail to produce any documents at all. Tell them you have no job and need their government support and your 4 children will be following you. You lying POS. They will beat you with many sticks and throw your pathetic HUSSEIN Obama voting a$$ back across the border - if you are lucky.

Quote from: Blinko on October 13, 2012, 04:27:55 PM
So you are just pulling all these bullshit arguments out of your ass then. Americans entering illegally into Mexico and getting beaten for it , you suggested that scenario and like everything else you say , its bullshit.

You live in an ugly hate filled world and I am glad , you deserve it and it is only going to get worse for you.

Have you actually done anything about this problem you are so passionate about? Have you actually told one of your local immigrants how you feel? Walk right up to one and tell them how you feel. I DARE YOU!

Or are you to cowardly , and so this is your only outlet . Pretending that you have a valid point of view , anonymously in a forum as small as this in some obscure corner of the internet.

Why don't you stop whining about it here to strangers, grow some balls and actually do something

Blinko

Quote from: Ruteger on October 14, 2012, 03:02:35 PM
Please, I beg you, enter Mexico illegally. Fail to produce any documents at all. Tell them you have no job and need their government support and your 4 children will be following you. You lying POS. They will beat you with many sticks and throw your pathetic HUSSEIN Obama voting a$$ back across the border - if you are lucky.

please take all your bullshit and direct it to one of your local immigrants , you fucking coward piece of shit wimp

Blinko

Quote from: Ruteger on October 14, 2012, 03:02:35 PM

Man you talk alot of shit dont you , and have some serious fucking problems.

How the fuck do you know who I am voting for , or if I even vote at all.

You must really love the internet , you can play tough guy and talk all kinds of shit to anyone and never have to answer for it.

You seriously need to get your face kicked in

Ruteger

You scare me - you are mentally unstable. Not talking at you anymore.

Quote from: Blinko on October 14, 2012, 08:37:37 PM
Man you talk alot of shit dont you , and have some serious fucking problems.

How the fuck do you know who I am voting for , or if I even vote at all.

You must really love the internet , you can play tough guy and talk all kinds of shit to anyone and never have to answer for it.

You seriously need to get your face kicked in