• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random Religious Thoughts

Started by Jackstar, October 27, 2018, 05:11:24 AM

Chine

Quote from: albrecht on January 07, 2019, 07:53:02 PM
If the disease doom and gloom experts on Rense are to be believed we will soon have far worse things to deal with than the flu considering the open-borders, UN refugee program, "migrants" coming into Europe, illegals, and the various outbreaks in Africa and Central/South America.
Btw, Norry seemed a bit shocked some days ago when a frequent health guest who does quick health news updates (I forget his name, sounds-like "English-A") advocated people getting the flu vaccine this year.

Well, that’s interesting.

Norm

Quote from: Jackstar on January 07, 2019, 07:35:58 PM
[attachment=1,msg1303361]

Got 3 WalMarts close to me, at $25 a pop I can make enough bux to score an eighth of some righteous dope. Drive another 60 miles and I can visit another 2 or 3 stores. Even Senda lives close to several WalMarts, easy money for he and Kathy. More kitty food and worthless crap for his hovel. What a great world we live in!

Gd5150

Quote from: Norm on January 07, 2019, 08:47:33 PM
Got 3 WalMarts close to me, at $25 a pop I can make enough bux to score an eighth of some righteous dope. Drive another 60 miles and I can visit another 2 or 3 stores. Even Senda lives close to several WalMarts, easy money for he and Kathy. More kitty food and worthless crap for his hovel. What a great world we live in!

Good call. Just wear a rubber arm. Or ask them if you can get the shot to go.

albrecht

Quote from: Gd5150 on January 07, 2019, 09:09:12 PM
Good call. Just wear a rubber arm. Or ask them if you can get the shot to go.
I'm not sure where they shoot it but he could also do a win-win and go to a sketchy neighborhood and get a payment for some plasma (which, maybe, would help suck out some of the flu vaccine so that he doesn't OD on the vaccine?) Kidding. Don't do this.

Dr. MD MD

I’m just finishing reading this book and will write a review when I’m done but I wanted to share this pithy little chapter with you:

THE HEADMASTER

“The Headmaster” is a selection from the autobiographical novel Boy Tales of Childhood. These are the memoirs of Roald Dahl â€" so they’re true stories!

The Headmaster while I was at Repton, struck me as being a rather shoddy bandy- legged little fellow with a big bald head and lots of energy but not much charm. Mind you, I never did know him well because in all those month and years I was at the school, I doubt whether he addressed more than six sentences to me altogether. So perhaps it was wrong of me to form a judgment like that.

What is so interesting about this Headmaster is that he became a famous person later on. At the end of my third year, he was suddenly appointed Bishop of Chester and off he went to live in a palace by the River Dee. I remember at the time trying to puzzle out how on earth a person could suddenly leap from being a schoolmaster to becoming a Bishop all in one jump, but there were bigger puzzles to come.

From Chester, he was soon promoted again to become Bishop of London, and from there, after not all that many years, he bounced up the ladder once more to get the top job of them all, Archbishop of Canterbury! And not long after that it was he himself who had the task of crowning our present Queen in Westminster Abbey with half the world watching him on television. Well, well, well! And this was the man who used to deliver the most vicious beatings to the boys under his care!

By now I am sure you will be wondering why I lay so much emphasis upon school beatings in these pages. The answer is that I cannot help it. All through my school life I was appalled by the fact that masters and senior boys were allowed literally to wound other boys, and sometimes quite severely. I couldn’t get over it. I never have got over it. It would, of course, be unfair to suggest that all masters were constantly beating the daylights our of all the boys in those days. They weren’t. Only a few did so, but that was quite enough to leave a lasting impression of horror upon me. If left another more physical impression upon me as well. Even today, whenever I have to sit for any length of time on a hard bench or chair, I begin to feel my heart beating along the old lines that the cane made on my bottom some fifty-five years ago.

There is nothing wrong with a few quick sharp tickles on the romp. They probably do a naughty boy a lot of good. But this Headmaster we were talking about wasn’t just tickling you when he took out his cane to deliver a flogging. He never flogged me, thank goodness, but I was given a vivid description of one of these ceremonies by my best friend at Repton, whose name was Michael. Michael was ordered to take down his trousers and kneel on the Headmaster’s sofa with the top half of his body hanging over the end of the sofa. The great man then gave him one terrific crack. After that, there was a pause. The cane was put down and the Headmaster began filling his pipe from a tin of tobacco. He also started to lecture the kneeling boy about sin and wrongdoing. Soon, the cane was picked up again and a second tremendous crack was administered upon the trembling buttocks. Then the pipe-filling business and he lecture went on for maybe another thirty seconds. Then came the third crack of the cane. Then the instrument of torture was put once more upon the table anda box of matches was produced. A match was struck and applied to the pipe. The pipe failed to light properly. A fourth stroke was delivered, with the lecture continuing. This slow and fearsome process went on until ten terrible strokes had been delivered, and all the time, over the pipe-lighting and the match-striking, the lecture on evil and wrongdoing and sinning and misdeeds and malpractice went on without a stop. It even went on as the strokes were being administered. At the end of it all, a basin, a sponge and a small clean towel were produced by the Headmaster, and the victim was told to wash away the blood before pulling up his trousers.

Do you wonder then that this man’s behaviour used to puzzle me tremendously? He was an ordinary clergyman at that time as well as being Headmaster, and I would sit in the dim light of the school chapel and listen to him preaching about the Lamb of God and about Mercy and Forgiveness and all the rest of it and my young mind would become totally confused. I knew very well that only the night before this preacher had shown neither Forgiveness or Mercy in flogging some small boy who had broken the rules.

So what was it all about? I used to ask myself. Did they preach one thing and practice another, these men of God? And if someone had told me at the time that this flogging clergyman was one day to become the Archbishop of Canterbury, I would never have believed it. It was all this, I think, that made me begin to have doubts about religion and even God. If this person, I kept telling myself, was one of God’s chosen salesmen on earth, then there must be something very wrong about the whole business.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Metron2267 on January 22, 2019, 04:51:37 PM

It’s a small one or two page chapter from a book. I know you’re totally unfamiliar with those so I’ll just leave it right there.

Metron2267

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 22, 2019, 04:57:11 PM
It’s a small one or two page chapter from a book. I know you’re totally unfamiliar with those so I’ll just leave it right there.

"No original thoughts"...someone here recently said when topical citations were posted, lol... :o

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Metron2267 on January 22, 2019, 04:58:58 PM
"No original thoughts"...someone here recently said when topical citations were posted, lol... :o

That’s right! You don’t have any original thoughts and are a pure cut and paster. Roald Dahl, however, has lots of original thoughts and experiences to share. It’s all lost on an idiot like you though. ::)

albrecht

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 22, 2019, 04:47:50 PM
I’m just finishing reading this book and will write a review when I’m done but I wanted to share this pithy little chapter with you:

THE HEADMASTER

“The Headmaster” is a selection from the autobiographical novel Boy Tales of Childhood. These are the memoirs of Roald Dahl â€" so they’re true stories!

The Headmaster while I was at Repton, struck me as being a rather shoddy bandy- legged little fellow with a big bald head and lots of energy but not much charm. Mind you, I never did know him well because in all those month and years I was at the school, I doubt whether he addressed more than six sentences to me altogether. So perhaps it was wrong of me to form a judgment like that.

What is so interesting about this Headmaster is that he became a famous person later on. At the end of my third year, he was suddenly appointed Bishop of Chester and off he went to live in a palace by the River Dee. I remember at the time trying to puzzle out how on earth a person could suddenly leap from being a schoolmaster to becoming a Bishop all in one jump, but there were bigger puzzles to come.

From Chester, he was soon promoted again to become Bishop of London, and from there, after not all that many years, he bounced up the ladder once more to get the top job of them all, Archbishop of Canterbury! And not long after that it was he himself who had the task of crowning our present Queen in Westminster Abbey with half the world watching him on television. Well, well, well! And this was the man who used to deliver the most vicious beatings to the boys under his care!

By now I am sure you will be wondering why I lay so much emphasis upon school beatings in these pages. The answer is that I cannot help it. All through my school life I was appalled by the fact that masters and senior boys were allowed literally to wound other boys, and sometimes quite severely. I couldn’t get over it. I never have got over it. It would, of course, be unfair to suggest that all masters were constantly beating the daylights our of all the boys in those days. They weren’t. Only a few did so, but that was quite enough to leave a lasting impression of horror upon me. If left another more physical impression upon me as well. Even today, whenever I have to sit for any length of time on a hard bench or chair, I begin to feel my heart beating along the old lines that the cane made on my bottom some fifty-five years ago.

There is nothing wrong with a few quick sharp tickles on the romp. They probably do a naughty boy a lot of good. But this Headmaster we were talking about wasn’t just tickling you when he took out his cane to deliver a flogging. He never flogged me, thank goodness, but I was given a vivid description of one of these ceremonies by my best friend at Repton, whose name was Michael. Michael was ordered to take down his trousers and kneel on the Headmaster’s sofa with the top half of his body hanging over the end of the sofa. The great man then gave him one terrific crack. After that, there was a pause. The cane was put down and the Headmaster began filling his pipe from a tin of tobacco. He also started to lecture the kneeling boy about sin and wrongdoing. Soon, the cane was picked up again and a second tremendous crack was administered upon the trembling buttocks. Then the pipe-filling business and he lecture went on for maybe another thirty seconds. Then came the third crack of the cane. Then the instrument of torture was put once more upon the table anda box of matches was produced. A match was struck and applied to the pipe. The pipe failed to light properly. A fourth stroke was delivered, with the lecture continuing. This slow and fearsome process went on until ten terrible strokes had been delivered, and all the time, over the pipe-lighting and the match-striking, the lecture on evil and wrongdoing and sinning and misdeeds and malpractice went on without a stop. It even went on as the strokes were being administered. At the end of it all, a basin, a sponge and a small clean towel were produced by the Headmaster, and the victim was told to wash away the blood before pulling up his trousers.

Do you wonder then that this man’s behaviour used to puzzle me tremendously? He was an ordinary clergyman at that time as well as being Headmaster, and I would sit in the dim light of the school chapel and listen to him preaching about the Lamb of God and about Mercy and Forgiveness and all the rest of it and my young mind would become totally confused. I knew very well that only the night before this preacher had shown neither Forgiveness or Mercy in flogging some small boy who had broken the rules.

So what was it all about? I used to ask myself. Did they preach one thing and practice another, these men of God? And if someone had told me at the time that this flogging clergyman was one day to become the Archbishop of Canterbury, I would never have believed it. It was all this, I think, that made me begin to have doubts about religion and even God. If this person, I kept telling myself, was one of God’s chosen salesmen on earth, then there must be something very wrong about the whole business.
Dahl's biographies are good. Some think the brutal public school (especially) and/or nanny spankings are responsible for the British fetish of being spanked/whipped/paddled.  Apparently there is also was/is a lot of student-on-student hazing in some of those environments especially among borders.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Metron2267 on January 22, 2019, 05:57:35 PM

Keep trying to paint people with your liberal brush, faggot. You got nowhere else to go.  ;D

Metron2267

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 22, 2019, 06:15:06 PM
Keep trying to paint people with your liberal brush, faggot. You got nowhere else to go.  ;D

Says the guy who actually admitted to voting for Obummer!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Metron2267 on January 22, 2019, 06:18:28 PM
Says the guy who actually admitted to voting for Obummer!

Yep, and you voted for Both Bushes. Looks like we both got fooled.

Metron2267

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 22, 2019, 06:45:37 PM
Yep, and you voted for Both Bushes.

Nope, just one - I voted:

QuoteLooks like we both got fooled.

I will not dispute that for a moment, but you got "fooled" by a committed leftard Trojan Horse who made no bones about his illuminist intentions:

(the rising "son" of Isis and Osiris...)

I got a pseudo choice between a RINO and a 2 leftards. >:(

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Metron2267 on January 22, 2019, 07:00:21 PM
Nope, just one - I voted:

I will not dispute that for a moment, but you got "fooled" by a committed leftard Trojan Horse who made no bones about his illuminist intentions:

(the rising "son" of Isis and Osiris...)

I got a pseudo choice between a RINO and a 2 leftards. >:(

The thing is the Bushes, the Clintons and the Obamas are all on the same globalist team and they all love fools like you who actually think you’re making a different choice. It hurts just trying to think down to your level. ;D

Metron2267

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 22, 2019, 07:21:40 PM
The thing is the Bushes, the Clintons and the Obamas are all on the same globalist team and they all love fools like you who actually think you’re making a different choice.

The temporal choice is real - ask any frog in a "hot tub".  You (foolishly enough) actually voted Democrat to fast track it up to a rolling boil!

Good grief man! :o

QuoteIt hurts just trying to think down to your level. ;D

I knew better than to ever vote for a Demotard - ANY Demotard.

YMMV...and demonstrably did. :(

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Metron2267 on January 22, 2019, 07:56:09 PM
The temporal choice is real - ask any frog in a "hot tub".  You (foolishly enough) actually voted Democrat to fast track it up to a rolling boil!

Good grief man! :o

I knew better than to ever vote for a Demotard - ANY Demotard.

YMMV...and demonstrably did. :(

You’re all fake news, man. You voted for the Bushes. It’s exactly the same. Jesus, you’re stupid! ::)

SpaceMeowMaid

Now look who is mixing church and state like it's second nature. This on the other hand, not a speck of natural [attachment=1,msg1308509] .

Metron2267

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 22, 2019, 08:10:27 PM
You’re all fake news, man. You voted for the Bushes. It’s exactly the same. Jesus, you’re stupid! ::)

No, I did not vote for "the Bushes", you lying shitball. I voted for Perot and W for president - but not Poppy. This is why folks loathe you here, there is no honesty in you whatsoever. And, as with any deceitful Demotard, you immediately project your own actions "fake news" onto your opponent.

So how many times did you vote for the Obamessiah, twice?

Was there some shadow of doubt in your pin sized head as to what he was all about, who funded him, what would happen to this nation under his wrecking ball?

Yeah, thanks a fuck of a lot for Obamacare, that has literally personally cost ME tens of thousands of dollars, you asshole fence-sitting quisling!

Metron2267

Quote from: Jackstar on January 22, 2019, 08:22:51 PM
I don't believe it actually votes.
Your beliefs are nothing to be taken at face value, stoner. ::)