• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Linda Moulton Howe

Started by puddintame, December 18, 2008, 01:10:06 AM

Weirdoradio

This woman drives me nuts. The constant reminder to go visit her (pay) site for "all of the information" as well as the epic screw-up of the Dragonfly Drone pictures in '08 have led me to want to jam Kleenex in my ears until I can't hear her anymore. Either that or just crank up records instead until her hour/hours are done.

JustOneFix

She was on last night for a few minutes, and sounded worse than she ever has. I think Snoory's constant mispronunciation of words has worn off on her as she couldn't hardly talk right.

EvB

Quote from: JustOneFix on March 04, 2011, 12:33:29 PM
I think Snoory's constant mispronunciation of words has worn off on her as she couldn't hardly talk right.

Hehe

EvB

Quote from: srnightowl on February 12, 2011, 04:16:29 AM

I no fan of LMH at all, yet I think guildnavigator makes a good point, with Art she did not grate on me the way she does now with snoory...perhaps snoory and LMH ae the perfect "toxic couple"...

No fan here, either, but I've heard some (much) older tapes of LMH and I am convinced she is losing her voice. 

rikmono

I have to agree, she sounds like she's talking to a foreigner condascendingly trying to be understood. I have often thought perhaps she does the call from inside her coffin, croaking slowly so as not to waste her much needed energy.
As for her website, there are hand drawn pictures of aliens as proof of UFO stories, really badly drawn pictures! Its quite embarrassing.

haloedorchid

Quote from: EvB on March 04, 2011, 04:10:16 PM

No fan here, either, but I've heard some (much) older tapes of LMH and I am convinced she is losing her voice.

I was coming here to post that I listened to her on an old Somewhere In Time with Art Bell and I didn't even recognize her voice. I believe it was from the late '90s. She actually sounded normal.

Also, radioweirdo: What was the Dragonfly Drone picture disaster of which you speak?

Weirdoradio

Quote from: haloedorchid on March 06, 2011, 10:29:57 PM
Also, radioweirdo: What was the Dragonfly Drone picture disaster of which you speak?

LMH was trumpeting these Dragonfly Drone pictures/videos as the real deal, selectively choosing aspects of the story to fit her version of events, and when it was revealed that these drones were just a viral marketing campaign she still stuck to her guns. Turns out the whole campaign was for a Dell subsidiary (Alienware) and at one point LMH even pointed to a clearly-CGIed video as "proof".

There's an article here about it.

haloedorchid

Quote from: Weirdoradio on March 07, 2011, 10:40:39 AM
LMH was trumpeting these Dragonfly Drone pictures/videos as the real deal, selectively choosing aspects of the story to fit her version of events, and when it was revealed that these drones were just a viral marketing campaign she still stuck to her guns. Turns out the whole campaign was for a Dell subsidiary (Alienware) and at one point LMH even pointed to a clearly-CGIed video as "proof".

There's an article here about it.

Thanks I will check it out. And sorry for transposing your username; I've been sick for the last week and clearly my mental faculties have taken a hit. :)

Weirdoradio

Quote from: haloedorchid on March 07, 2011, 01:42:57 PM
Thanks I will check it out. And sorry for transposing your username; I've been sick for the last week and clearly my mental faculties have taken a hit. :)

Haha, no worries. I figured perhaps you were trying to be clever! But definitely check out the link and poke around using Google a bit - there's a wealth of information out there about this "event"

Eddie Coyle

The last Thursday of the month is the equivalent of an informercial. Same low-fi sound quality,canned interviews with dubious characters, a disinterested host...

Hold on...I just described practically every Noory show these days.

anagrammy

Quote from: EvB on March 04, 2011, 04:10:16 PM

AND THE OSCAR FOR THE BEST AVATAR goes to EvB!

Anagrammy (grinning)

EvB

Quote from: anagrammy on March 09, 2011, 08:51:55 PM
AND THE OSCAR FOR THE BEST AVATAR goes to EvB!

Anagrammy (grinning)

Ha! gotta love Google   ;D

JustOneFix

She was on last night's show for a few minutes. When Snoory went to LMH, I swear she sounded like she was in the crapper.  Linda Molting Howl started stammering and said "I'm having problems with the interview, take a commerical break and we'll try it again."

I was just waiting for Snoory to say- "Could it be the shroud of urine?"

anagrammy

I noticed that.  Even Molting Howl seems to be losing her edge.  I wonder if she knows George-Porgie's career is in the crapper and she better hook her parasitic claws into another host.

Anagrammy

Why do you guys think that Art respected her so much?

He had a way of showcasing her material in a manner that made it work for me.

I haven't listened to Noory and LMH on the air together. I only have nostalgic memories of LMH and c2c/dreamland and it makes me sad that people now regard her less and less!

b_dubb

i think it's mostly that the UFO topic has been done to death.  you can't reheat the same old leftovers over and over again and expect them to taste fresh

anagrammy

Quote from: guildnavigator on March 18, 2011, 11:52:53 PM
Why do you guys think that Art respected her so much?

He had a way of showcasing her material in a manner that made it work for me.

I haven't listened to Noory and LMH on the air together. I only have nostalgic memories of LMH and c2c/dreamland and it makes me sad that people now regard her less and less!

Yeah, I know what you mean.  Like bdubb said, when she began the investigations were fresh and she was excited about what she was discovering.  That energy came through--listen to some oldies and then flash forward to this week and you'll hear the monotone delivery and the lack of enthusiasm.  An investigator has to go somewhere with the investigation, you know, synthesize and form some theories. 

In fairness to her, she made a gawdawful attempt at this with her latest rush with the Bentwater case.  I call it a rush because she was practically swooning with excitement that she actually, actually had something new pop up on an old case.  I don't blame her for losing her journalistic cool--I am a UFO buff and totally understand that she could be thrown off balance by the opportunity that fell in her lap.  Unfortunately, she crossed the line from being a scientist positing a theory to being a National Enquirer paparazzi asking the "what were you wearing when you beat your wife" type questions.  She was losing audience already due to not synthesizing.  What if all the detectives just collected data and there it sat.  No, we solve the case by making connections.  Are the cattle mutilations changing over time?  By location? By frequency?  Where's a chart?  Can we make some deductions now that we know it is bloodless cutting done by lasers?  Why would the aliens need blood and mucous membrane?  What are they good for in science?  Are they food?  A growing medium?  C'mon Linda!  Go FORWARD.

Suggesting to an interviewee that time travel might/is involved in a close encounter is just poisoning the well and is one of the reasons UFO investigators have so little credibility.  This is what I remember, correct me if I am wrong.

Art loved her because she was a scientist who was collecting real data and using accepted scientific methods and thinking to evaluate that data.  He thought she was going somewhere with these investigations, I'm sure.  If he were involved today, he would have her on and ask her what  her research shows are the opinions of the causes of bee deaths.  We know there are competing theories.  Does half the world say it's fungus?  Is it fungus in Europe and magnetic pole shift here in the U.S.  Have competing explanations been appearing in peer review journals?  In Asia?  Here?  In Australia? 

It is a worldwide phenomenon, like Bigfoot and UFOs and we need to hear what bright minds have concluded who live in societies more open than ours.

Anagrammy

He

Roger

I'm just waiting for the night when LMH is on, she says: "Now, reporting on
what I found out about myself, is me in an interview with me:. . . "

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Roger on April 15, 2011, 06:21:50 AM
I'm just waiting for the night when LMH is on, she says: "Now, reporting on
what I found out about myself, is me in an interview with me:. . . "

... and the entire interview is a recording of herself interviewing a recording of herself.  Cool.

anagrammy

She did kind of interview herself when Noory asked her to tell her history with C2C and then told her tonight would be her last show with Coast.

The supposed April Food joke fell flat and there was an awkward silence followed by her croaking out, "Really?"

Then Noory said he had more class than to fire her that way.  It would have been far better for him to fake fire her in a Trump imitation.  George Noory has no sense of humor!  He can't even carry a joke without a basket!

Anagrammy

Roger

Intersting image you uploaded there Philosopher: Raphael's version of
Da Vinci.

Speaking of 'avatars', if neglecting to upload an image by posters, or
not knowing how as of yet, or not caring to by posters is supposed to
be being mocked as if such were dull-witted by the current stand-in image,
then I find the image selected not a little offensive. If you want to find
an every-man who is no-man, rather than a specific and real
(and actually intelligent person), why not use Alred E. Neuman?

Don't worry, that face is not copywritten.  It has been around since the
late 19th century and there is no possibility of it being subject to
infringement. I'm attaching a version of from 1909 in a
booklet on 'illustration' and 'cartooning'.

Otherwise, I'm having a problem with this site using an image of a
Mongoloid whereby it can be infered: 'hey stupid, you don't have a face?'

I don't think that that image is the face of stupidity or silliness.

If you want something to represent that in terms of a real person, you
know who you could use . . . hmmmm? I wonder who . . .

aldousburbank

Quote from: Roger on April 15, 2011, 09:20:13 AM
Da Vinci.

Roger,

I've got absolutely no issues with the fact that Michael V. has been using my high school graduation photo as the default avatar image.

Roger

Oh? Really? Really really? Am I being superior. Have I insulted you?

Do you feel insulted?

anagrammy

Da Vinci.

If you want something to represent that in terms of a real person, you
know who you could use . . . hmmmm? I wonder who . . .

I AGREE 100%- Why increase stigma for poor Down's Syndrome victims when we have a perfectly good ignoramus at hand in our own George Noory!  Having his face as my avatar would be a tremendous inducement to pick something.  And Michael, please use the one from the unnamed Facebook page that looks like a prison mug shot.  Before he had the dye job, the plugs and the facelift.

Anagrammy

What do you have against Mongolians?  Are you a racist?

b_dubb

yeah that remark wasn't exactly delicate.  but it's no worse than MV accusing someone of 'faggotry' IMHO

looks like the AB QUITS COAST thread is spilling over

Roger

Quote from: anagrammy on April 15, 2011, 09:11:53 AM
She did kind of interview herself when Noory asked her to tell her history with C2C and then told her tonight would be her last show with Coast.

The supposed April Food joke fell flat and there was an awkward silence followed by her croaking out, "Really?"

Then Noory said he had more class than to fire her that way.  It would have been far better for him to fake fire her in a Trump imitation.  George Noory has no sense of humor!  He can't even carry a joke without a basket!

Anagrammy

Oh wow, I had no idea of that happening.  And I can just hear her
simple innocent reaction that way as you describe it.

I don't know how to quote two different posts in one post,
but I had to sit back and reflect as you described the
way she presented herself in the AB days, and tend to
agree: she seemed much more objective and
able to resist an urge to come to such vouchsafed conclusions
as she seems to be prevalent to do as of late.

All of has gotten so much over the top, or should we say,
under the standards of quality we ought to be getting?

It's devisive, contentious. Not exploration. Nothing curious,
or evoking curiosity. We know what they're gonna say.

Roger

You guys are being silly.  You act silly and say silly things, so I can
only presume by doing so you are asking to be named: silly and idiotic.

You want to take things off topic habitually, which anyone reading your
postings heretofore anywhere where you post can deduce. . . .Happy now?

Down-syndrome, Mongoloidism, 'retarded' . . . all of these terms are
representative of an estimation of prejudice that says the PHYSICALLY
different, including 'ugly', 'fat' or 'skinny' aren't NORMAL and maybe
even STUPID.

Maybe my suggestion that we use the picture of my 'punk', the smart-ass
with a busted tooth is a kind of prejudice.  But my choice is about a
willfully obstreperous, idiotic semi-adult who has nothing wrong with him
except his determination to be a trouble-maker at the expense of others.

So there. Now you should be doubly happy, back at ya and yer smarmy, cocky
shallow commentaries.

Quote from: Roger on April 15, 2011, 11:18:49 AM
So there. Now you should be doubly happy, back at ya and yer smarmy, cocky
shallow commentaries.

Oh, I'm sorry to disappoint you, I apologize for giving you the false impression that this is a BBS where we engage in long-winded sanctimonious sermons wringing our hands over perceived slights to political correctness.

Nevertheless, some of my best friends are Mongolians, and I object to your offensive implication that they are somehow "less than”.  They live in New Jersey just like regular people, not drinking yak's milk out of tents anymore.