• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Ask Liberace! Anything

Started by Lilith, October 11, 2018, 08:10:37 AM

Lilith

Quote from: Metron2267 on October 11, 2018, 11:47:26 AM
Lee,

How did you feel about having your entire website cloned and renamed?

Did you consider a cease and desist or takedown?

I'm sure I remember Bart posting early on in the establishment of that clone forum, that he would take "Ellgab" down if Bellgab went back online, as it would no longer be necessary. 

I could be wrong.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: brig on October 11, 2018, 11:41:29 AM
Dear Liberace,

Would you consider ongoing efforts to help Falkie achieve his dream of having his own show?

i'd need him first to publicly apologize for falsely accusing me of committing felonies.  then again, if he were to do that, i'd probably still not help since he has such a penchant for biting the hand of anyone who reaches out.  he's alone in life for a reason.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: brig on October 11, 2018, 11:42:18 AM
Dear Liberace,

Would you be open to the possibility of reopening the Falkie Fortress, to bring Falkie back to Bellgab?

of course.  all he has to do is apologize to me.

Metron2267

Quote from: brig on October 11, 2018, 11:51:16 AM
I'm sure I remember Bart posting early on in the establishment of that clone forum, that he would take "Ellgab" down if Bellgab went back online, as it would no longer be necessary. 

I could be wrong.

Good catch Brig, I recall that too.

Huh. :-X

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Metron2267 on October 11, 2018, 11:47:26 AM
Lee,

How did you feel about having your entire website cloned and renamed?

Did you consider a cease and desist or takedown?

anyone can start a forum using the software from simplemachines.org, and if you leave the default theme in place, it'll look almost exactly like this one.   so, i don't see it as a cloning of this forum.  i never considered any sort of action against any of it, either.

Metron2267

Quote from: Liberace! on October 11, 2018, 11:54:36 AM
anyone can start a forum using the software from simplemachines.org, and if you leave the default theme in place, it'll look almost exactly like this one.   so, i don't see it as a cloning of this forum.  i never considered any sort of action against any of it, either.

Fair enough.

It just seemed that threads which you had archived and maintained ought to be your property, yes?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Metron2267 on October 11, 2018, 11:59:04 AM
Fair enough.

It just seemed that threads which you had archived and maintained ought to be your property, yes?

are you saying the content from this forum has been scraped and presented there as original content?  or did they simply create a bunch of threads with the same titles?

Jackstar

[LAWYER SUBROUTINE ACTIVATED]

Lilith

Dear Lee,

Would you consider making this thread a sticky?

It would make me very happy if you would.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: brig on October 11, 2018, 12:03:43 PM
Dear Lee,

Would you consider making this thread a sticky?

It would make me very happy if you would.

i'd normally say no since it feels self congratulatory, but for you... anything.

Lilith

Quote from: Liberace! on October 11, 2018, 12:04:35 PM
i'd normally say no since it feels self congratulatory, but for you... anything.

Praise Lee!  ;D

whoozit

Quote from: Liberace! on October 11, 2018, 12:02:31 PM
are you saying the content from this forum has been scraped and presented there as original content?  or did they simply create a bunch of threads with the same titles?
Threads with same titles.  It s amazing how many either don’t read the TOS or understand them.  They think they still own the posts.

pate

Thank you Jack, for reminding me.

eMCee, since the search function is irreparably broken, can you find the first instance of the use of the word "faggotry" on BellGabe?

I want to check the date of first use here with its first formalized definition over at Urban Dicktionary.

I think I first heard while working in a kitchen at a country club from a teenage dishwasher back in the late '90s...

Seriously, who first typed "faggotry" here, and when was it?

Jackstar

Quote from: brig on October 11, 2018, 12:05:47 PM
Praise Lee!  ;D

I feel like such an asshole. When this guy first came on the scene, I wrote him off as just another extravagant fruit. If you stop and listen to him you'll see, he's brilliant. And I don't know how the hell he plays with all those rings on his fingers, that's even more impressive. Look at him. And, I don't know why I ever gave a shit about who he was screwing in the first place. If he was getting laid, more power to him.

Heh. I can hardly get it up anymore.

Lilith

Quote from: Jackstar on October 11, 2018, 12:12:57 PM
I feel like such an asshole. When this guy first came on the scene, I wrote him off as just another extravagant fruit. If you stop and listen to him you'll see, he's brilliant. And I don't know how the hell he plays with all those rings on his fingers, that's even more impressive. Look at him. And, I don't know why I ever gave a shit about who he was screwing in the first place. If he was getting laid, more power to him.

NO, you're NOT!   :-*

Yes, yes he IS!

Lilith

Quote from: ShayP on October 11, 2018, 12:16:54 PM
Welcome to my world.  :-[

Well, you got your finger up ok, so there's that.

ShayP

Quote from: brig on October 11, 2018, 12:18:27 PM
Well, you got your finger up ok, so there's that.

LOL!  I have to compensate somehow.  At least I have big hands.

Jackstar

I've seen this flick like twenty times now, but I never Googled those lyrics before--now I'm gonna be crying for another 24 hours.

Still--preferable to an eighth FBI background investigation.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: whoozit on October 11, 2018, 12:08:11 PM
Threads with same titles.
ah.  yeah, that's not something i'd ever think to try and make a stink over.

They think they still own the posts.

indeed.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: pate on October 11, 2018, 12:10:22 PM
can you find the first instance of the use of the word "faggotry" on BellGabe?

that's $50.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Jackstar on October 11, 2018, 12:12:57 PM

There's so much more to me than simply enjoying the company of a gentleman.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: pate on October 11, 2018, 11:30:31 AM
I would like to do a GabCast some-thyme, unfortunately the best I have for a microphone is a questionable mobile-phone earbud thing, and maybe an ancient bluetooth earbud, maybe.

Lately I have been thinking of doing a podcast.  I have decided, if I go down this path to embrace my innate ability to make "bad radio."  My goal being to be recognized, bar none, the #1 worst radio personality.

I will sink past the Noarees, the Reds, the Dietrichs, the Mycheals and Hoaxsters all.

I vow that the world will tremble before my suckage.  My ability to produce uncomfortable lengthy periods of dead air with occasional mysterious background noises, barking dogs and the occasional passing emergency vehicles will be unsirpassed.

My segues into non-sequitors and inane banal interjections will be Noareesque.

My hot-mic commercial breaks will be legend.

On air bathroom breaks, singing in the shower and perhaps even a live remote driving in rush-hour traffic while simultaneously botching an interview with a special big-name guest that no-one has ever heard of (I am thinking one of the local mentally disturbed homeless guys).

But first, I would like some training. eMCee will you grant me the opportunity one day?  I have heard you on air with some of radios biggest names in radio suck (Noaree & Red spring to mynd immediately, YP and the other Anglais dude as well).

I am not saying you suck, mind you, just that you seem to have some magical power to bring out that attribute in co-hosts.  I think you might be able to assist me in my goal of being the #1 bad radio personality worldwide.

I want to beat the fat eff, I will dig a hole to set the bar really low for myself if I have to.

I guess my first step is to set up a GoFundMe page for a podcast microphone.  Would you be a dear and do that for me eMCee?

I will PM you my home address.  TIA.

-pate

I’m in!

Catsmile

Quote from: Liberace! on October 11, 2018, 11:52:28 AM
i'd need him first to publicly apologize for falsely accusing me of committing felonies.  then again, if he were to do that, i'd probably still not help since he has such a penchant for biting the hand of anyone who reaches out.  he's alone in life for a reason.

Sorry you had to learn the hard way, there are more "falkies" in this world than falkie. Sorry it gave me a giggle when he inevitably bit your helping hand.

Think of it as paid in full educational course. 101: How to spot falkies (Avoiding them, and their BS) Crass as it may sound to be that way in life. You've got a family that needs you more than random black holes with the sole goal of being societies sponge, who possess zero appreciation. Life is just too short for that BS, unfortunately. Try to budget your charitable nature more wisely next time.

# NoGoodDeedGoesUnpunished
# BeenThereDoneThat
# GotTheT-Shirt

Jackstar

Quote from: Catsmile on October 11, 2018, 03:18:28 PM
random black holes with the sole goal of being societies sponge

... why does it always have to be about color?

Catsmile

Quote from: whoozit on October 11, 2018, 12:08:11 PM
Threads with same titles.  It s amazing how many either don’t read the TOS or understand them.  They think they still own the posts.

Don't give a toss about the TOS!! LEE OWES ME!!
Words!! I own them!! I own them ALL!!! GIVE EM' ALL BACK NAO!

# LeeOwesMe
# HurpUhDurpDurpLogic

# CatLadies