• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The "Exposing PseudoAstronomy" Podcast

Started by astroguy, January 04, 2013, 12:51:45 AM

astroguy

I have finally secured an interview with Robin Canup, a leading researcher on the forefront of lunar formation. The interview is slated for Oct. 4 and should be out for the Oct. 11 edition of the podcast. The focus will obviously be on lunar formation mechanisms, but the plan is to specifically focus on the problems with the "Big Splash" model and just how much special pleading may not save it. This is also going to be right after a week-long conference she's attending that is JUST about lunar formation.

I'm not sure how much of her time I'll be able to take, but I wanted to open this to everyone to suggest questions for me to ask her. They should be specific to the topic of lunar formation as opposed to last time when I solicited questions for Expat's second interview. So, lemme know! Preferably here, but you can also e-mail me.

ziznak

cmon hasn't this been discussed many times before?

aldousburbank

Quote from: ziznak on September 11, 2013, 12:22:31 AM
cmon hasn't this been discussed many times before?

Whatch u guys doing posting my personal love journal notes?

ziznak

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 11, 2013, 12:25:52 AM
Whatch u guys doing posting my personal love journal notes?
stop leaving them around the bathroom and it won't happen

astroguy

Yorkshire pud

Did I read it correctly Stuart? You won't post comments unless there's a puzzler attached? The Skype thing sounds interesting though.

Yours, confused..

astroguy

Clarified:

QuoteThe next episode is still slated to be about the claim that alleged UFO-contactee Billy Meier knew about Jupiter's rings before scientists did.  I expect the comments on that post might fill up, but I'll note now that no comments to THIS blog post will be allowed on IF they are about Billy Meier material UNLESS they are a suggestion for a puzzler.  Generic Meier conversations will be allowed on the next post about Episode 90.

Yorkshire pud

Other than a decent mic and crazy; what else is needed for the project Stuart? Topics/ structure etc?

astroguy

The thinking is to do a C2C-style episode (shhh!! --surprise!).  I'm going to have 1 or 2 guests, commercials, bumper music, and then open lines.  I'm looking for open line callers.  Since you're a C2C listener, you know how that works ... though it should be remotely related to topics I address on the show.  If you're interested, send me an e-mail.  I'm going to work on compiling everyone who's interested over the next week while I'm on vacation and getting stuffed with tryptophan.

astroguy

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 12, 2013, 09:40:55 AM

It doesn't work Stuart.. link is broken buddy, same in my e mail notification.

Works for me ... try reloading?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: astroguy on December 12, 2013, 09:55:11 AM
Works for me ... try reloading?

Worked this time!! Pah...'They' put the hex on it...'My good friend' Richard Hoagland will research it and inform Noory with his astonishing findings. Not only that but....

(cont PP94)

ziznak

good stuff as always astro... i want you to get together with bateman for an episode of dark weekend.

area51drone

No new Dark Weekend so I'm giving you a shot right now from Episode one...  your stuff looks interesting.

area51drone

Okay, finished with one, now I'm listening to the last one now to compare audio.   I didn't realize how short these were.   The audio is way different, sounds like you got a new mic or some kind of processor, because your voice is much less tinny, and you aren't smacking your S's anymore.   Glad to hear because I liked the content of the first episode, but those two issues were grating on me...   looking forward to listening more.

astroguy

Thanks.  I think I got a new microphone around episode 5ish?  Something like that.  Episodes range from 20 to 90 minutes, median is about 30 minutes.  It's "as long as it needs to be" for the material.

Let me know if you have any questions or issues.