• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20130916 - Michio Kaku - Physics and show premiere

Started by MV/Liberace!, September 16, 2013, 06:46:07 AM

ScaryDavey

Quote from: lava filling on September 16, 2013, 09:18:18 PM
oh god if only jc was the first caller   plz make this happen, universe!
LOL! That would be so great! However, I don't think JC would spring the dough for satellite radio. Maybe to take advantage of the 30 days free offer and to convey to Art his displeasure of his return!

PrairieGhost

This show is going by way too fast! Slow down time!

onan

Quote from: Remley on September 16, 2013, 09:20:46 PM

How does he state that as a fact?  Isn't the statement that 50% of all stars have planets, and that some of these are earth like just his opinion or assumption?  Has this ever been proven?

If you use the millimeter approach, a billion is probably extremely low.

heater

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 16, 2013, 09:20:01 PM
Thank you themudking.  Seems to be working now.  It dropped BellGab at the beginning of the show and took Indie with it.  I got Indie back but missed the first minute or so of the show.  But it's not the end of the world cause ART IS BACK!

You're welcome!  I think we are leveling out now.  We'll see how things go when the show is over and we recap.

jazmunda

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 16, 2013, 09:20:01 PM
Thank you themudking.  Seems to be working now.  It dropped BellGab at the beginning of the show and took Indie with it.  I got Indie back but missed the first minute or so of the show.  But it's not the end of the world cause ART IS BACK!

On the web and through the smartphone app you can rewind up to five hours so you'll never miss a minute.

My phone rang before i pressed pause, finished the call, unpaused and went right on listening without skipping a beat. in the next commercial i will simply fast forward till I catch up. Much better than terrestrial radio.

Heather Wade

Quote from: lava filling on September 16, 2013, 09:18:18 PM
oh god if only jc was the first caller   plz make this happen, universe!

Let's all make that our mass conciousness experiment tonight.
C'mon JC, I know you're out there seething with a well-rested dialing finger!
The Devil's Mouthpiece has returned.

OH MY GOD HE"S PLAYING THUNDERDRUMS!!!!!!!!!!  I SENT HIM THAT!!!!!!!!!!

coaster

jpdash

My night will be complete if I hear the following exchange.

"Is this Art Bell?"

"Yes, this is.  Turn your radio off."

"Hello?"

"Turn your radio off."

onan

Quote from: jazmunda on September 16, 2013, 09:23:04 PM
On the web and through the smartphone app you can rewind up to five hours so you'll never miss a minute.

My phone rang before i pressed pause, finished the call, unpaused and went right on listening without skipping a beat. in the next commercial i will simply fast forward till I catch up. Much better than terrestrial radio.

be careful not to rip the fabric of time and space.

Sardondi

Bottom line: Dr. Kaku is nothing particularly special tonight, but just having Art makes it an event.

zeebo

Quote from: PrairieGhost on September 16, 2013, 09:22:23 PM
This show is going by way too fast! Slow down time!

Michio can do it, have him whip up a time warp for us!

Is the that xm player 90 minute mark timeout going to happen? I temp changed channel during this break just in case.

bateman

Omggggg, Mummer's Dance. Has to be my favorite of Art's songs.

heater

Quote from: jazmunda on September 16, 2013, 09:23:04 PM

I am surprised how much I like the mobile app.  I think this warrants a conversation on our podcast.

Hey MV what kind of monthly quota in donations would we need to upgrade server?

zeebo

Quote from: Sardondi on September 16, 2013, 09:24:38 PM
Bottom line: Dr. Kaku is nothing particularly special tonight, but just having Art makes it an event.

But also what's making it for me, is that Michio's genuinely happy to be talking with Art, and not that other guy.

PrairieGhost

Quote from: 999 on September 16, 2013, 09:25:10 PM
Is the that xm player 90 minute mark timeout going to happen? I temp changed channel during this break just in case.

Not if you move your mouse.

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: bateman on September 16, 2013, 08:56:32 PM
Just wormholed to Art:

I would disagree with Michio's pollyannish outlook. We're not really seeing the spread of democracy, are we? Dictators are being toppled, but often replaced with extremist theocracies.

It's a good point, Bateman, but perhaps limited to a narrow geographical area and time. I believe the figures say that the number of democracies tripled through the 20th century from about 50 to more than 150, the watershed moments being the victories of democracy in the First and Second World Wars and the Cold War. Perhaps the next struggle is under way right now? And Michio's point that democracies don't go to war with each other is an interesting one that had not occurred to me before.

onan

Quote from: Sardondi on September 16, 2013, 09:24:38 PM

Kaku was never a "breathtaking" guest. He was just interesting. First show... I am gonna let it just be. But your assessment is accurate.

Art is frikken back.

Araxen

Has Art ever had Neil Degrasse Tyson on before(C2C)? He would make an excellent guest.

Try raising & lowering your volume for data activity to prevent timeout.
Quote from: PrairieGhost on September 16, 2013, 09:27:28 PM
Not if you move your mouse.

awguy

For those recording the show from the sirius web player. The player appears to stop after 90 minutes of inactivity. It's easy to start up again but obviously, this will create an audio gap in the show.

SaucyRossy

I sent in a question about time travel thought the wormhole......we shall see if it gets asked.