• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20130916 - Michio Kaku - Physics and show premiere

Started by MV/Liberace!, September 16, 2013, 06:46:07 AM

YNOT

I want to call in, but I'm afraid that I'll just laugh uncontrollably like a drooling idiot...

wenck

Quote from: sharkbait on September 16, 2013, 08:42:58 PM
Between Art being back and flipping the channels earlier and seeing Bill Nye the Science Guy on Dancing With The Stars, I have to believe that this is all just some bizarre dream.

And a Clinton might be running for President!

jazmunda

Didn't Kaku used to talk about a type 4 civilization in the past?

He made out as if some kid told him about type four recently.

lonevoice

Quote from: popple on September 16, 2013, 08:43:08 PM
WORMHOLE QUESTION:

WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU PUT TWO GEMINI CATS IN THE BOX?
And they're Siamese cats?  AND they're twins?  Siamese twin gemini cats.

popple

How much you wanna bet Dave re-launches fast blast as "portal blast" over his jealousy of the far more superior wormhole?  ;)

WORMHOLES ARE WHERE IT'S AT BABY!!!

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 16, 2013, 08:43:48 PM
So glad we don't have to hear about Schrodinger's Shadow Cat stepping through a portal.
Oh God, Aldous, you made me choke on my Tecate, I laughed so hard.

PrairieGhost

Quote from: jazmunda on September 16, 2013, 08:47:29 PM
Didn't Kaku used to talk about a type 4 civilization in the past?

He made out as if some kid told him about type four recently.

I think he was just talking about it to get new listeners up to speed.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: guildnavigator on September 16, 2013, 08:37:36 PM
It's been so long that I keep forgetting its an actual live broadcast and not an mp3 or something. This sounds like vintage Art, he sounds better than he did towards his final coast shows!

I had the same reaction. He *improved* with time! The first part of the show was the most powerful radio that I can remember. Edge of the seat, listening intently to honesty and forthrightness, no artifice, just natural communication from the heart.

aldousburbank

Most Online Today: 607. Most Online Ever: 607 (Today at 09:42:35 PM)

NoMoreNoory

This is so unreal! I (the female half of NoMoreNoory) was a teenager in high school during the the 90's. I had no interest in cheerleading, cliques, fashion trends, or being popular. I had greater aspirations, and I had the gift of curiosity. Art Bell genuinely enriched my life by feeding my curiosity and imagination. He is one of my heroes and I am absolutely thrilled to have him back.

popple

aldousburbank we were screencapping the same thing at the same time :o Please hold together Bellgab!!!
[attachimg=1]

Maxwell

Wow. Right out of the box, a short discussion of quantum nonlocality.

Billythekid

So glad I finally signed up.  Feel like the younger kid at recess hanging out with the cool older kids.  You guys (and gals) rock and I've been unable to say it for years as I've just been a lurker!

Ps Art Bell is the man... And premier and snoory are surely NOT enjoying this moment, regardless of their fake well wishes

phrodo

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 16, 2013, 08:50:02 PM
Most Online Today: 607. Most Online Ever: 607 (Today at 09:42:35 PM)

It's truly a historic night!

ADG12311990

By the love of the Force... I haven't fallen asleep yet! IF this was... "That other guy" I'd be drooling on my laptop right now. Oh, I am so blasted excited, I think I've bored annoyed my roommates.  ;D

Morgus

Too many 500 server error problems tonight - MV needs to upgrade his server for live posting with Art Bell!

I keep getting the blue alligator. That was a great first hour.

MikeJ

primus42

Anyone else gonna listen to the repeat directly after the show... I think im pulling an all nighter.

YNOT

Quote from: Maxwell on September 16, 2013, 08:53:44 PM
Wow. Right out of the box, a short discussion of quantum nonlocality.

Quantum nonlocality....Sounds like the future of Coast...

bateman

Just wormholed to Art:

I would disagree with Michio's pollyannish outlook. We're not really seeing the spread of democracy, are we? Dictators are being toppled, but often replaced with extremist theocracies.

Heather Wade

From the morse code, to the progress bar, till now... this is the most fun I have had in 3.5 years!  Thank you MV... thanks all... this is beyond awesome. Hanging out with friends, listening to Art live on the air talking physics with Mr. Kaku, my face is getting sore because I never smile this much!

Aw... Self Control!!!!  YAY!!!  He played it!!!

If I don't post again in at least 10 mins, you know my head exploded.

jazmunda

Quote from: Morgus on September 16, 2013, 08:54:48 PM
Too many 500 server error problems tonight - MV needs to upgrade his server for live posting with Art Bell!

I don't think every night will be as busy as tonight.

Desmond

I really want to hear Crystal singing "Midnight in the Desert" tonight...

lonevoice

Quote from: Billythekid on September 16, 2013, 08:53:53 PM
So glad I finally signed up.  Feel like the younger kid at recess hanging out with the cool older kids.  You guys (and gals) rock and I've been unable to say it for years as I've just been a lurker!
Welcome to BellGab.  You're here because you're one of the cool kids.  Post lots.