• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Weather changes in last 50 years across the country

Started by Falkie2013, December 01, 2013, 08:11:24 PM

Falkie2013

I live 30 miles from San Francisco. Last year we got 2 weeks of below freezing temperatures here and across the Bay Area and this week its going to be 27 for 5 days in a row.
While during the winter we have seen it snow in the Bay Area in the last 15 years it didn't get that cold when I came to the Bay Area when I was 12 from Pittsburgh.
It's going to be warmer in the 'Burgh at night than here ? WTF ?

Last week, Noory had some guy talking about a new ice age.
I don't know if he's right but the weather certainly has changed since I grew up.
It used to snow a lot in Pittsburgh right after Halloween. Now they often don't get snow even for Christmas.
And areas of the South that never got snowed in have seen it freeze in recent years.
Is this the fault of global cooling, more stuff being spewed n the atmosphere or some other cause ?
Feel free to discuss.

I feel sorry for the stray animals and the homeless out in the street this week here.
And every day too.
My poor cats that I feed. I don't know how they manage to stay warm when it gets this cold. I know when mine come in when its this cold their fur is almost as cold as ice or at least that's how it feels. They have been staying in a lot more this week and its been really cold in here at night for 3-5 days too.

The local mountain here has had snow on it the last 3 or 4 winters too. And I know we had a winter storm above us. Last week the paper here was talking how the ski resorts in the Sierra had to make artificial snow because there had been no snowfall. Our state is still officially in a drought situation.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Juan

Scientists increasingly moving to global cooling consensus
http://usfinancepost.com/scientists-increasingly-moving-to-global-cooling-consensus-9198.html

Oh, the climate change.  Good thing the global warming crowd changed their term a couple of years ago.

Falkie2013

Just went down and fed the cats. It didn't feel that cold but came back up and started coughing and sneezing like crazy. Freeze warnings for the entire Bay Area for at least the next 2 days. My sinuses don't like it when its cold. I hate having sinus problems/allergies, etc.
:( >:(