George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

11angeleyes11

Here are some of the new names being kicked around:

1.  The George Noory Show.

2.  Shore to Shore A.M.  He is an Old Navy man.

3.  The Midnight Hours hosted by the Master of the Macabre, George Noory, the Midnight Hour Weekend edition, hosted by John. B. Wells, the Midnight Hour, Sunday edition.

4.  The I Love George Noory Hours.

5.  The I Love George Noory Even Better after listening to Art Bell Hours.

6.  The Fine Art of George Noory.

7.  Noory of the Night with the Captain Nighthawk, a throwback to the old St. Louis Days.

8.  Premiere Presents the Mysterious World of George Noory.

. .  anything but Coast to Coast A.M.  Clear Channel Radio has changed their name to Clear Channel Media and Entertainment. All shows are going to be revamped. 

Harmness

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 17, 2012, 02:12:55 PM

I didn't even know Phil and Jerry and Bobby cooked...

Them boys are experts on baking.

Ben Shockley

This thread started with a list of "Nooryisms."  Here's another one.  (Apologies if something similar has been noted before)

Saith Georgie: Six people dead is a "disaster of Biblical proportions."

Georgie had Kelly Sweeney on to opine about the grounded / capsized Italian cruise ship.  Re-capping the facts, they reported that six (at that time) were known dead, and Georgie blurted "it's a disyaster of Bibluhkul pruh-pWAUR-shuns!"

I thought to be a disaster / catastrophe "of Biblical proportions," it had to be like a couple of cities getting blasted with fire and brimstone, or the whole world getting flooded, or a whole nation getting multiple plagues.

But no; in Georgie World, a tipped-over ship and 6 known deaths fit the bill.  Overstate much, Georgie..?

Maybe understandable though if we remember the big picture.  Georgie doesn't like to (euphemism for "can't") read, so if he ever actually has skimmed through the Bible, it may have only been the Cliff's Notes, or "Bible for Dummies."
Or, because Georgie is only about being "positive," the only Bible he ever skimmed might have been some very New-Agey, feel-good-y, sweetness-and-light version.   In that, Adam and Eve merely got downsized from their Edenic condo; the flood was a 15-minute shower and the global population got rainchecks; YHWH gave the inhabitants of Sodom and Gomorrah a collective "time out;" and Moses cast only 1 plague on Egypt: making all the pharaonic eye-liner clumpy.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Ben Shockley on January 17, 2012, 10:19:51 PM
This thread started with a list of "Nooryisms."  Here's another one.  (Apologies if something similar has been noted before)

Georgie had Kelly Sweeney on to opine about the grounded / capsized Italian cruise ship.  Re-capping the facts, they reported that six (at that time) were known dead, and Georgie blurted "it's a disyaster of Bibluhkul pruh-pWAUR-shuns!"

I thought to be a disaster / catastrophe "of Biblical proportions," it had to be like a couple of cities getting blasted with fire and brimstone, or the whole world getting flooded, or a whole nation getting multiple plagues.

But no; in Georgie World, a tipped-over ship and 6 known deaths fit the bill.  Overstate much, Georgie..?

Maybe understandable though if we remember the big picture.  Georgie doesn't like to (euphemism for "can't") read, so if he ever actually has skimmed through the Bible, it may have only been the Cliff's Notes, or "Bible for Dummies."
Or, because Georgie is only about being "positive," the only Bible he ever skimmed might have been some very New-Agey, feel-good-y, sweetness-and-light version.   In that, Adam and Eve merely got downsized from their Edenic condo; the flood was a 15-minute shower and the global population got rainchecks; YHWH gave the inhabitants of Sodom and Gomorrah a collective "time out;" and Moses cast only 1 plague on Egypt: making all the pharaonic eye-liner clumpy.

Noory should stick to his metier...Hollywood blockbuster films. And by that standard this disaster didn't even match "The Poseidon Adventure". I can picture Noory yelling at the screen "Listen to Rogo, he was in McHale's Navy"...anyways, things get dicey when Noory tries to get literary. His knowledge of "The Bible" is probably by way of the John Huston film.

b_dubb

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 17, 2012, 10:39:54 PM
      Noory should stick to his metier...Hollywood blockbuster films. And by that standard this disaster didn't even match "The Poseidon Adventure". I can picture Noory yelling at the screen "Listen to Rogo, he was in McHale's Navy"...anyways, things get dicey when Noory tries to get literary. His knowledge of "The Bible" is probably by way of the John Huston film.
you forget to factor in the Stephen Colbert Super PAC math.  the more money you have the more you can speak.  in this case, the more money you have the more tragic it is when you die in a ridiculous accident at sea caused by a drunken sea captain.  so yes ... this is bible ... er ... Bible tragic

michio

Oh for the love of.....! [throws radio through window] Noory brought up his genius (paraphrasing) "I said there were planets teeming with life before anyone else in world said it, and I was just a child!" crap again.  It must be the fifth time I've heard it.  Noory, NO ONE CARES about your self-ingratiating brain farts, regardless of your age. Maybe the child inside of him doesn't understand we don't yet have proof the universe is teeming with life.  We may very well be the only "advanced intelligence" within this entire universe.

beachcomber

...what led up to that was GN's statement to Strieber ,

"There are a lot of people out there who could be right."

Add to Nooryisms

Quote from: michio on January 18, 2012, 02:01:03 AM
Oh for the love of.....! [throws radio through window] Noory brought up his genius (paraphrasing) "I said there were planets teeming with life before anyone else in world said it, and I was just a child!" crap again.  It must be the fifth time I've heard it.  Noory, NO ONE CARES about your self-ingratiating brain farts, regardless of your age. Maybe the child inside of him doesn't understand we don't yet have proof the universe is teeming with life.  We may very well be the only "advanced intelligence" within this entire universe.

Ben Shockley

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 17, 2012, 10:39:54 PM...I can picture Noory yelling at the screen "Listen to Rogo, he was in McHale's Navy"...
If Georgie was fired-up enough to yell and scream ('cause he's not about that, you know), he'd surely go ahead and hurl some invective:
"...he was in McHale's Navy, for crying out loud!  "

That's called "cursing like a sailor"...

Ben Shockley

Quote from: michio on January 18, 2012, 02:01:03 AM
Oh for the love of.....! [throws radio through window] Noory brought up his genius (paraphrasing) "I said there were planets teeming with life before anyone else in world said it, and I was just a child!" crap again. ...  we don't yet have proof the universe is teeming with life...
As if Georgie thinking / saying it makes it so, I guess.  What does he think makes him and his opinions (of childhood) any more profound than anyone else's?   He claims he watched and ~uh~ "read" sci-fi as a kid.   What does he think those writers were saying?
Oh, that's right-- they were just imagining.  Georgie knew it.

Or--
Folks-- he's gone over the edge.   He thinks he's the Billy Mumy character with the sinister telekinetic powers on "Twilight Zone."
Georgie thinks he wished extraterrestrial life into existence!
Ipso facto-- Georgie thinks he is God.

coaster

I don't know why, but i laughed like an idiot when Whitley Strieber said in 1911, the lifespan was 45 or 50, and Snoory jumped in with "Rod Serling died at 50" It was so random to mention someone who wasnt even alive in 1911.

Scully

For the first time tonight I seriously wondered if Noory is at the beginning stages of Alzheimer's.  He has told that story about knowing the truth of the universe when he was just a kid 4 or 5 times very recently.

Also found it interesting that he threw in a quick mention of regularly visiting Hawaii along with all his other peregrinations. No mention these days of that  special studio built for him there.

My eyes are getting sore from all the rolling they do as Simple George continues to earn his name.  ::)

valdez

Lauren Weinstien on that proposed internet law (SOPA-PIPA).  I'll have to find out what this is all about, because I have no idea what the fuss is, and leave it to George to a segment on something without explaining it.  Shame on Greg Hunter for entertaining a Ron Paul third party run.  That only reelects Obama. Bev Harris complaining about electronic voting machines, which we all wanted because of the 2000 Florida fiasco, but now we want to go back to paper ballots, or something.  Whitley Strieber pushes his new book and banters with George about a whole bunch of stuff that nobody's got a lick of evidence for.  George retells the story about how when he was a baby the first words he uttered were "there is life on others worlds," and nobody believed him, and he built a telescope out of those things you have left when the toilet paper runs out.

Tara

Quote from: coaster on January 18, 2012, 02:52:10 AM
I don't know why, but i laughed like an idiot when Whitley Strieber said in 1911, the lifespan was 45 or 50, and Snoory jumped in with "Rod Serling died at 50" It was so random to mention someone who wasnt even alive in 1911.

Rod Serling, rest his creative soul, was born in the 1920's.  He died in the mid-70's.   I was around then, and yes George, they had modern medicine in the 1970's. 

El Kragen

George Noory's Coast to Coast AM....where every show is better than the next!

In speaking of MLK Jr. Monday night, "During his brief stay, he accompanied many great feats."

Never. Even. Registered.

Just went blithely on listing MLK'S...accomplishments.

I blame the tumeric.

valdez

Quote from: El Kragen on January 18, 2012, 08:05:30 AM

Whoa, I thought he had a cool set up.  I thought they spent some money on him.  But they got him in the break room.  No.  It's the kitchen.  You're getting screwed, Noory.  Big time.  No wonder you're phoning it in.

Sardondi

Quote from: valdez on January 18, 2012, 08:41:40 AM... Whoa, I thought he had a cool set up.  I thought they spent some money on him.  But they got him in the break room.  No.  It's the kitchen.  You're getting screwed, Noory.  Big time.  No wonder you're phoning it in.

Yep, they're really telling you how much they think of you, Big Guy. First-class operation ya got there, George.

But this is more disturbing: George could almost certainly have whatever he wants...and this is what he wants. Why am I not surprised that George's taste in decor and furnishings is PostModern Light-Industrial Depressive? It's so chintzy and amateurish-looking it could be his kitchen...if that place was as soul-dead and joyless as Noory. Jeez, Dunder-Mifflin is more warm and inviting.

Well, if one's surroundings should reflect the inner person then congratulations are in order, George.

Quote from: valdez on January 18, 2012, 08:41:40 AM

Whoa, I thought he had a cool set up.  I thought they spent some money on him.  But they got him in the break room.  No.  It's the kitchen.  You're getting screwed, Noory.  Big time.  No wonder you're phoning it in.

LOL, ya Valdez, that was my first impression too. What's he doing in the kitchen? If that truly is Noory's studio..damn, damn, and a big wtf.

He has the body language of such a timid, little boy in that picture too. Kinda like.."Oh shit, I hope that noise wasn't that big kid with the bar of soap in a sock, I better hide".

Who's supposed to be using that first computer?

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: valdez on January 18, 2012, 08:41:40 AM

"Milton" Noory getting pushed further into the far reaches of Premiere studios,next stop the basement..."I'm gonna burn the studio down"

Gassy Man

George assaulted us with his usual ineptitude -- when the voting lady brought up fraud with machines rather than ask how it could be done -- they went into an extensive discussion regarding paper ballot fraud -- George switched topics.  He was even talking over her at some point with one of his standard non sequitur attempts at "humor."  I tuned out soon after.

Sardondi

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 18, 2012, 11:57:03 AM"Milton" Noory getting pushed further into the far reaches of Premiere studios,next stop the basement..."I'm gonna burn the studio down"

"The red microphone is mine."

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 18, 2012, 11:57:03 AM
   "Milton" Noory getting pushed further into the far reaches of Premiere studios,next stop the basement..."I'm gonna burn the studio down"

Doesn't he claim to do the show on his feet, walking around for the 4 hours?

b_dubb

Quote from: El Kragen on January 18, 2012, 08:05:30 AM
George Noory's Coast to Coast AM....where every show is better than the next!

is this george's studio?  it looks like an examination room in a really lame doctor's office.  no personality.  no flare.  like being trapped inside a loaf of Wonder Bread

stevesh

No, no, no. Don't you see the potted palm behind Simple George ? That's the NEW STUDIO IN HAWAII !! George is cringing as the kahuna blesses the space.

fysisist

Quote from: Ben Shockley on January 17, 2012, 10:19:51 PM

haha.... maybe he thinks it's like Noah's Ark or something, duh...  That's biblical, ya' know. 

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 18, 2012, 12:33:12 PM

Doesn't he claim to do the show on his feet, walking around for the 4 hours?

He does the show on his "back feet". 

Actual Noory quote:

"I was jumping over chairs and knocking them over with my back feet."

El Kragen

I thought that picture was very telling. When they need to do promo shots they let Georgie sit in the big chair. Any other time he's back facing the wall in the old break/storage room.

and while we're at it. I came across this pic. Maybe I'm seeing something that's not there but the body language...Poor George always on the outside looking in. I can so see her whispering "save me from the creepy guy"

Kraig Kitchen, former president of Premiere Radio Networks, with Premiere's Julie Talbott and Coast to Coast AM host George Noory at the Radio Hall of Fame in Chicago.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: El Kragen on January 18, 2012, 02:03:29 PM
I thought that picture was very telling. When they need to do promo shots they let Georgie sit in the big chair. Any other time he's back facing the wall in the old break/storage room.

and while we're at it. I came across this pic. Maybe I'm seeing something that's not there but the body language...Poor George always on the outside looking in. I can so see her whispering "save me from the creepy guy"

Kraig Kitchen, former president of Premiere Radio Networks, with Premiere's Julie Talbott and Coast to Coast AM host George Noory at the Radio Hall of Fame in Chicago.

It sucks to suck.

Sardondi

Quote from: Ben Shockley on January 17, 2012, 10:19:51 PMThis thread started with a list of "Nooryisms."...

Just for fun I went back to read the list of Nooryisms. I found a question from George to Michael Cremo, the "forbidden archaeology" guy, who had been discussing ancient documents written in Sanskrit. It is so gloriously inept, so cheerfully lost and unabashedly clueless, that it has its own magnificence of fail:                 

"Are they called 'sand scripts' because they're written on tablets of sand?"

Stupendous. Inimitable. Homeric.

Here's his Nightline interview.  A lot of dreck to sift through, but it shows his supposed studio.  I especially like the John Lennon poster.  I wonder if George knows who that is.

George Noory On Nightline - February 27, 2010