• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Barack Obama, the President of America

Started by Rudolf Zlabinger, August 20, 2014, 08:51:36 PM

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 22, 2014, 12:19:59 AM

I think it was short for 'what the fuck?'

Thx, I am learning. Forgive me being disgusted in this case by that overall present abdominal talking, its pubertal and showing at least bad manners, though I estimate this forum community for to be interesting and at most very intelligent, so I think this slang unnecessary compromises the reputation of this platform and we could spare that. Could we please?

Quick Karl

Quote from: aldousburbank on August 21, 2014, 09:31:09 PM
I think the Apaches moved in on the O'odham who farmed the land scattered with the remains of the Hohokam who came before them. So let's see, after that came the Friars and Conquistadors looking for the Lost Cities Of Gold. Thank gawd for the current almighty desert sprawlburbs which now adorn the land, sucking up the aquifers for the sake of golf courses and landscaping and the freedom for which they stand. One nation, and their dogs, subdivided, with cable and satellite and DIY cooling misters for all. Amen.

You can't change the past. People that talk that stupid shit about learning from the past obviously haven't studied history.

Stay thirsty, my friend.

Quick Karl

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on August 21, 2014, 09:51:00 PM
WTF??  Hey Pig-Anus, didn't you just tell us a couple of days ago that there was no lower form of life than a quitter?  Didn't you beat yor chest 'n huff and puff that there's nuthin' you hate more than a goddamn quitter?

Jazmunda just QUIT the debate, Pig-Anus!  You should be on him like flies on a ribroast.  He's a-one-a them gol-durn QUITTERS that sucks Satan's greasy cock every hour on the hour!  Why aren't you stomping his guts out???

Oh, I get it...he's entitled to quit, because I'm a leftist, or something.  You have no objective set of values, do you Pig-Anus?  Everything a neocon says is farted out the ass of God, and everything a liberal (ewww) says is bullshit and subject to condemnation.

Does that about cover it, Pig-Anus?

This is what passes for intellect in yours and your alter ego's world...

Jazz isn't quitting, he just know that you're an asshole.

Quote from: jazmunda on August 21, 2014, 10:14:15 PM
Not quitting. Just not debating with unskilled debaters who resort to infantile name calling and attacks in order to "win".

For the second time, when did I call you a name or attack you?  Quote the parts you are referring to, IF you can.  Put up or shut up Jazmunda.  I'm getting sick of your unsupported attacks on me, particularly since you seem incapable of showing where I ever attacked YOU. 

jazmunda

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on August 22, 2014, 01:37:58 AM
For the second time, when did I call you a name or attack you?  Quote the parts you are referring to, IF you can.  Put up or shut up Jazmunda.  I'm getting sick of your unsupported attacks on me, particularly since you seem incapable of showing where I ever attacked YOU.

I have observed that you have called people names in these threads and I simply don't enjoy getting into shit slinging, name calling, juvenile fights which is why I usually stay away from the politics thread. You haven't called me a name today but your manner is very aggressive and it is impossible to debate or argue with people who debate like that. You are an obviously intelligent guy who spoils his own arguments by name calling and I simply don't want to stoop to that level. I seem to recall some bitter words you had for me pre your rightful and should have been permanent banning on this site. You are back and I have no control over that I think I will just stay away from you.

I'm sure you will take this as a win and far be it from me to deprive a child of his glory. Take comfort in the fact that you beat this Aussie. If you want a medal I'm sure you can get one made. I bow down to your superiority. It must be like winning a gold medal at the special Olympics. At the end of the day you are still retarded. :P

Shit you made me stoop. ;)

analog kid

Quote from: jazmunda on August 21, 2014, 08:54:10 PM
Good one sunshine. Karl creams you daily so I'll leave it to him.

You aren't from the US, but you're a wingnut. How does that work?

jazmunda

Quote from: analog kid on August 22, 2014, 04:23:37 AM
You aren't from the US, but you're a wingnut. How does that work?

I'm actually more centrist with some left leanings and some right leanings. I guess I am open minded and it depends on a particular issue and I am open to having my opinion changed if new facts arise.

Having witnessed the behaviour of some on the board recently I have to say the left are the ones behaving wingnutty and resorting to childish tactics and playing the man and not the issue. Name calling is one such tactic and you have performed admirably. Your team will be so proud.

Quote from: NowhereInTime on August 21, 2014, 05:26:22 PM
RZ, first, welcome aboard!

Second, I am a proud supporter of the President.  No, I do not think he's perfect, but he's the best I've seen in my 44 years on the planet.

Thank you for your welcome and to confirm my sympathy for Obama, also as a human being.

Quote from: NowhereInTime on August 21, 2014, 06:51:20 PM
I grew up near NYC in CT; the headline of the New York Daily News said it all:

"Ford to City: Drop Dead".
[attach=1]

Why should the rest of us have bailed out New York?  Or now Detroit?  Or Illinois?  Or Oakland? Or California?

Those who are that irresponsible with precious taxpayer dollars, and those who elected them, should go through the bankruptcy process and perhaps either learn something - or at least be an example for others of what not to do.

The people that created and perpetuated these failures should be swept from office, not be rewarded with more cash to waste. 

analog kid

Quote from: jazmunda on August 22, 2014, 04:41:06 AM
I'm actually more centrist with some left leanings and some right leanings. I guess I am open minded and it depends on a particular issue and I am open to having my opinion changed if new facts arise.

Having witnessed the behaviour of some on the board recently I have to say the left are the ones behaving wingnutty and resorting to childish tactics and playing the man and not the issue. Name calling is one such tactic and you have performed admirably. Your team will be so proud.

Yeah, don't really care. I don't know where you're from, but centrist, left and right leaning mean entirely different things here in the US, and you're likely far to the left of our left. Or at least, you should be. But if you're agreeing with Quick Karl then you're drinking pure, American made kool-aid, which is strange. Maybe you have cable and you're mainlining Fox News.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 22, 2014, 05:03:30 AM

Why should the rest of us have bailed out New York?  Or now Detroit?  Or Illinois?  Or Oakland? Or California?

The Rich Man's Lament.  "Why Should I?"

Because we did and look what happened.  New York drives our national economy.
I would've agreed to a bailout of Oakland and of California in general.  Your state, in my opinion, is the most important in the country.  You have everything: ports, farms, tech, entertainment, tourism; you are a whole, complete economy unto yourselves.
As goes California, so goes America.
Luckily, you guys were smart and brought back Governor Moonbeam.

QuoteThose who are that irresponsible with precious taxpayer dollars, and those who elected them, should go through the bankruptcy process and perhaps either learn something - or at least be an example for others of what not to do.

This is always the argument: services vs taxes. Costs, as much as I wish otherwise, do not remain status quo, so taxes sometimes do need to be raised; it can't always be "cut".
Europe's answer to the fiscal crisis was "austerity".  Their economy staggers while ours rebounds.

QuoteThe people that created and perpetuated these failures should be swept from office, not be rewarded with more cash to waste.
Sure. Who says otherwise?  If they vote for bridges to nowhere or profligate defense contracts, then they should be expunged.  Agreed.

Quote from: jazmunda on August 22, 2014, 02:12:36 AM
I have observed that you have called people names in these threads and I simply don't enjoy getting into shit slinging, name calling, juvenile fights which is why I usually stay away from the politics thread. You haven't called me a name today but your manner is very aggressive and it is impossible to debate or argue with people who debate like that.

In another thread, PaperBoi and I were discussing the proposed impeachment of Obama.  PB held the opinion that the "high crimes and misdemeanors" clause covered incompetence, and he believed that Obama has been incompetent.  I disagreed because I am aware that the original wording of the phrase, as proposed at the Constitutional convention, included incompetence, but it was later removed. 

I'm not going to rehash the specifics or merits of the argument, because they aren't important.  PB huffed to the effect that I am an uneducated dipshit who forms opinions on superficial information, and that a truly knowledgeable person like himself would understand the Framer's intent with that passage.  As support, he cut and pasted (but did not attribute) an article, which cited quotes from various movers and shakers at or affiliated with the convention or its work. 

I googled it to find the source, which turned out to be --surprise! -- some right-wing fanatic who hates Obama.  So I got to work fact-checking the information.  And do you know what I found?  The very first quote cited, one by Joseph Story, was plucked out of context and edited to misrepresent Story's meaning.  But even that was not enough to make the point, so the right-wing nutjob changed some of the words so that it would agree with his point.   He falsified a quote to make his point.  So I explained that to PB, and do you know what he said?  "It doesn't matter."  It doesn't matter that his source LIED, or that he grabbed a source without fact-checking it, because the only thing that matters is hating Obama.

I didn't bother going through the rest of the article, because I expected this result.  Neocons lie.  They HAVE to lie, because they don't have anything of substance to validate their hatred of Obama.  One guy makes up a lie, and then that lie is broadcast through the network of neocon parrots.  It doesn't matter to any of them whether it's true or not.  If it isn't true, it speaks to a "larger truth" about Obama.

Oh, goodness, am I getting too antagonistic again?  Maybe not.  Quick Karl (aka Pig-Anus) started a thread in which he claimed that Nancy Pelosi "only wanted to talk about Republicans" in an intereview.  So someone posted a transcript of Karl's link, and sure enough Pelosi barely even mentioned Republicans.  Was Karl chagrined that he had been caught lying about what Pelosi said?  No, because he's a neocon, and lying is what neocons do.  On the contrary, he was proud that he lied because he felt that it was in the service of doing damage to Pelosi.

The General was asked yesterday to give specifics about things Obama has done "wrong."  So he busts out a list of Obama's "crimes," and I asked him to explain how things would have been different if Obama hadn't taken those actions.  Like for example, increasing the national debt.  What would have happened if he hadn't done that?  Would it have had a better result?  How, and why?  This left The General nonplussed, because he hadn't really thought about that.  The important thing was that Obama did bad things, you see.  The only thing he was able to offer was that Obama "condemned [George Zimmerman] without a trial" in his comments about the Trayvon Martin shooting.  That was -- wait for it -- a lie.  Obama never did that.  The truth isn't important.  What's important is that Obama is bad.

And then there is you.  You engaged me in a discussion about Obama's failings as President, and then when I responded effectively to your arguments, you lied that I was engaging in name calling and making assumptions about your knowledge and "qualifications."  I won't say that you lied when you said you wouldn't waste your time with me, then continued talking with me for four more posts (and counting); that's more like self-deception.  In any case, you're behaving just like American neocons -- parrot opinions, and then lie, lie, lie when the facts don't support you.  The only thing approaching the truth in that post was your accusation that I don't "respect others opinions."  You're fucking right that I don't respect the opinions of people who are chronic liars. 

Unless one is a delicate little flower, having a productive discussion and exchange of opinions is possible with someone who debates "aggressively."  However, it is NOT possible with someone who lies as a tactic, is aware that they are lying, but is unrepentant when those lies are debunked.  I feel no obligation to be polite to people who behave like that.  Deal with it.

aldousburbank

I can hardly wait until Art comes back on the air.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: aldousburbank on August 22, 2014, 12:20:55 PM
I can hardly wait until Art comes back on the air.
Me too, but do you think he will?  He's been so inactive since DM went off the air.

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on August 22, 2014, 11:46:04 AM
In another thread, PaperBoi and I were discussing the proposed impeachment of Obama.  PB held the opinion that the "high crimes and misdemeanors" clause covered incompetence, and he believed that Obama has been incompetent.  I disagreed because I am aware that the original wording of the phrase, as proposed at the Constitutional convention, included incompetence, but it was later removed. 

I'm not going to rehash the specifics or merits of the argument, because they aren't important.  PB huffed to the effect that I am an uneducated dipshit who forms opinions on superficial information, and that a truly knowledgeable person like himself would understand the Framer's intent with that passage.  As support, he cut and pasted (but did not attribute) an article, which cited quotes from various movers and shakers at or affiliated with the convention or its work. 

I googled it to find the source, which turned out to be --surprise! -- some right-wing fanatic who hates Obama.  So I got to work fact-checking the information.  And do you know what I found?  The very first quote cited, one by Joseph Story, was plucked out of context and edited to misrepresent Story's meaning.  But even that was not enough to make the point, so the right-wing nutjob changed some of the words so that it would agree with his point.   He falsified a quote to make his point.  So I explained that to PB, and do you know what he said?  "It doesn't matter."  It doesn't matter that his source LIED, or that he grabbed a source without fact-checking it, because the only thing that matters is hating Obama.

I didn't bother going through the rest of the article, because I expected this result.  Neocons lie.  They HAVE to lie...

Well, obviously I don't agree this rendition is exactly how that specific exchange went, but that's fine.

Here is what it looked like on my end:  a claim was made that Obama had done nothing that qualified as an impeachable 'high crime' or 'misdemeanor'.  I responded that certain of Obama's actions did in fact fall into that category, and he could be impeached for them. I think I also mentioned that impeachment was a political act that would really come down to having the votes.

Many of my posts are opinions, or a mention of a news item and an opinion on that.  Some are facts as I see them that are in dispute.  I tend to not provide links to other articles or opinions.  I don't follow very many links others post, and I think if someone wants more info they can do their own research.

DPS questioned my comment on the original meaning of the term 'high crimes and misdemeanors'.  I did a very quick google search, found something that had multiple people - founders and others from the time period - discussing the subject and what it meant to them in the language of the day.  Some comments I recognized, some I hadn't seen before.  So I linked it.  I also provided other support.

DPS didn't like the first quote that was listed on the linked page, one from some obscure judge 30 or 40 years after the Constitution was written, and debunked it.  Fine.  He decided to stop there and claim victory. 

Whatever dude - you're still wrong about what that clause means, and I learned to take more care in what I link to in the future.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 22, 2014, 03:40:41 PM

Well, obviously I don't agree this rendition is exactly how that specific exchange went, but that's fine.

Here is what it looked like on my end:  a claim was made that Obama had done nothing that qualified as an impeachable 'high crime' or 'misdemeanor'.  I responded that certain of Obama's actions did in fact fall into that category, and he could be impeached for them. I think I also mentioned that impeachment was a political act that would really come down to having the votes.

Many of my posts are opinions, or a mention of a news item and an opinion on that.  Some are facts as I see them that are in dispute.  I tend to not provide links to other articles or opinions.  I don't follow very many links others post, and I think if someone wants more info they can do their own research.

DPS questioned my comment on the original meaning of the term 'high crimes and misdemeanors'.  I did a very quick google search, found something that had multiple people - founders and others from the time period - discussing the subject and what it meant to them in the language of the day.  Some comments I recognized, some I hadn't seen before.  So I linked it.  I also provided other support.

DPS didn't like the first quote that was listed on the linked page, one from some obscure judge 30 or 40 years after the Constitution was written, and debunked it.  Fine.  He decided to stop there and claim victory. 

Whatever dude - you're still wrong about what that clause means, and I learned to take more care in what I link to in the future.
Yeah, but there's reality and then there's the fantasy world of conservatives where Obama's very election was a "high crime".
You go on and on and on trying to disqualify this man because you cannot win the argument.  The people have spoken.  Twice.  You tried this trick with Bubba and nearly lost the House in '98.
Suffering umbrage from President Uppity is not what the people elect Representatives to do. Just like '98, you losers are trying to pull out a last minute win.
Better hope the Supremes don't die before '16, you may have a chance to win the election if they can appoint another stiff like they did in 2000.

bateman

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on August 22, 2014, 11:46:04 AM
you lied that I was engaging in name calling

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on August 21, 2014, 05:10:10 PM
What a trio of fuckin losers.  None of you turds have any idea what happened with that speech today, because all you know how to do is hate Obama.  Go stick your thumbs up your asses and chant some more Obama hate.  Much more important than hating the ISIS, isn't it?

Now shut the fuck up, you little cunt.

DPS didn't like the first quote that was listed on the linked page, one from some obscure judge 30 or 40 years after the Constitution was written

Wow-see-wow-wow.  So you don't even read your own supporting information?  Here's the text in your post, just for you:

"In his influential Commentaries on the Constitution, Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story ([Supreme Court Justice from] 1811-1845; the intellectual mate of Chief Justice John Marshall)"

And here's a little blurb from Wikipedia:

"[Story] is most remembered...for his magisterial Commentaries on the Constitution of the United States, first published in 1833. Dominating the field in the 19th century, this work is a cornerstone of early American jurisprudence. It is the second comprehensive treatise on the provisions of the U.S. Constitution and remains a critical source of historical information about the forming of the American republic and the early struggles to define its law."

"Some obscure judge," you say?  Jesus Fucking Christ.  By the way, here's something else you wrote in that post: "...you may want to think about not commenting on things you know so little about. "  Talk about ironic!

Here's what you claimed it was about, also from that thread: 

By 'high crimes and misdemeanors' the founders meant the conduct of the President, and to a lesser extent - incompetence.

I spent hundreds of words and several posts explaining why you were wrong, using your own fuckin source.  I proved conclusively that incompetence was NOT included.  Now you're pretending that none of that happened and that you are still right.  How is "reasonable discourse" possible with someone as dishonest as you?

bateman

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on August 22, 2014, 04:22:51 PM
I spent hundreds of words and several posts explaining

And where did it get you, you whiny bitch?

Quote from: bateman on August 22, 2014, 04:22:37 PM
Now shut the fuck up, you little cunt.

I claimed that I didn't engage in name calling with HIM, you knuckle-dragging illiterate imbecile.  So go fuck yourself.

Quote from: bateman on August 22, 2014, 04:23:41 PM
And where did it get you, you whiny bitch?

Apparently it has you humping my leg now.  Dance, faggot, dance!

Bart Ell

QuoteThis board is not moderated.

We will see about that.

Play nice or this place will be infested with pictures of what is already running wild here - gaping assholes.

You have been warned.

NowhereInTime

Swell.  The self appointed "Guardians of Bellgab" are here to lay down the law.

Bart Ell

Looks like a gaping asshole selfposted.

Quote from: NowhereInTime on August 22, 2014, 04:53:05 PM
Swell.  The self appointed "Guardians of Bellgab" are here to lay down the law.

He has a point.  I need to dial it down.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Bart Ell on August 22, 2014, 05:06:40 PM
Looks like a gaping asshole selfposted.
Oh, here we go.  Captain Tedium back in the house.  What now, more of your photoshop pictures?  Youtube links?  Idiotic non-sequiturs?
Not impressed.  I saw the crap you pulled with Khameleon and you were clownshoes.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on August 22, 2014, 05:11:22 PM
He has a point.  I need to dial it down.
Fair enough, but Bartsy trolls the threads looking to quell the voices of those who offend his sense of decorum. Usually has nothing to contribute besides self-amusing avatars and computer graphics trying to demonstrate his computing "prowess".

Bart Ell

Quote from: NowhereInTime on August 22, 2014, 05:55:05 PM
Fair enough, but Bartsy trolls the threads looking to quell the voices of those who offend his sense of decorum. Usually has nothing to contribute besides self-amusing avatars and computer graphics trying to demonstrate his computing "prowess".

I can't fight with everyone.